The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']On the plus side, it means these keys'll be $25 on eBay in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to get FarCry 3 and Hitman for cheap so I am hoping this is true!

[quote name='BrolyB593']I was hoping to get FarCry 3 and Hitman for cheap so I am hoping this is true![/QUOTE]
I paid that around launch day for a key to Batman: AC that someone was selling from the Geforce promo. I expect the same will happen here. Just make sure it's a promo key you're buying, and not a Russian one. :lol:

I had a ton of problems getting Vice City running on my PC. Between no sound and a pain to configure with my 360 gamepad, it was a huge hassle. Nevertheless, when it runs properly, it's Vice City, and I have good memories of the game from back in the day.

Man, I was in high school when that game came out.

I see Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is now on Steam. Can't wait for it to go on sale. If it weren't for so many games coming out over the next month or so, I'd probably get it now.

I played Vice City up to Demolition Man with the RC helicopter. That thing controls so bad and is so tedious. This helicopter has blades that can cut a dude to death but can't cut through the plastic wrap on a construction site so it has to fly up the main stairwell where there are security guards with guns!

And why can't I exit a golf cart when it goes into water?! I drown because my hands are glued to the steering wheel or something.

I am having fun. (I've never played an open world game.)

[quote name='pantsattack']I played Vice City up to Demolition Man with the RC helicopter. That thing controls so bad and is so tedious. This helicopter has blades that can cut a dude to death but can't cut through the plastic wrap on a construction site so it has to fly up the main stairwell where there are security guards with guns![/QUOTE]

This happened to me too. Actually in every GTA game I've ever played, I've always reached one story mission that I couldn't finish, which is why I rate Saints Row 2 and True Crime: Streets of LA both higher than GTA III or IV.

Gamersgate has a midweek special going on all the Risen games and DLC, all steamable. I'd buy the 2 DLC's for Risen 2 that I'm missing, but I'm poor at the moment, and they might go on sale on Steam for more than 66% off in the future.
http://www.gamersgate.com/risen

Risen $4.99

Risen 2 Dark Waters $16.98

Risen 2 Dark Waters: Treasure Isle DLC $3.38

Risen 2 Dark Waters A Pirate's Clothes DLC $1.02

Risen 2 Dark Waters The Air Temple DLC $3.38

Risen Complete Collection $31.55

Risen 2 Dark Waters Collection $22.10

spacer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']I only navigate the Steam store using Lynx.[/QUOTE]

Really? I use gratuitous comments from M_F_A_H. I can't understand why people don't surf vicariously when it makes browsing that much better.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I only navigate the Steam store using Lynx.[/QUOTE]

It's really irrelevant what kind of control scheme you use to play your PC games, so long as you're on mescaline while you do it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Gamersgate has a midweek special going on all the Risen games and DLC, all steamable. I'd buy the 2 DLC's for Risen 2 that I'm missing, but I'm poor at the moment, and they might go on sale on Steam for more than 66% off in the future.
http://www.gamersgate.com/risen

Risen $4.99

Risen 2 Dark Waters $16.98

Risen 2 Dark Waters: Treasure Isle DLC $3.38

Risen 2 Dark Waters A Pirate's Clothes DLC $1.02

Risen 2 Dark Waters The Air Temple DLC $3.38

Risen Complete Collection $31.55

Risen 2 Dark Waters Collection $22.10

spacer.gif
[/QUOTE]
Interesting how the Complete Collection is more than buying the Risen 2 collection + Risen. Also a reminder that Risen 1 is free on gamersgate VOID service which is US and Sweden? only I believe.

For the wolf lovers out there, a wolf simulator. Also, Bears ARE dicks.
The world, right? It’s always in peril, always in need of saving. I’ve answered the call countless times: slaying dragons, fighting armies, battling aliens, banishing demons, assassinating Mecha-Hitler… frankly, I think I’m done. It’s time to take a well-earned retirement from saving the world and try to simply live in it. Luckily, there are a number of down-to-earth simulation games that will allow me to do just that.
I’m starting with WolfQuest, a free, downloadable wildlife simulation developed by The Minnesota Zoo and eduweb, which lets you play as a young wolf in Yellowstone Park. The goals: hunt, explore, survive, find a mate, and start a family. And, as this is an educational game, I’ll be passing along some interesting and completely true wolf facts to you as I play, unless you’ve already let out a screech and closed this article the second you saw the words “educational game.”
I begin by customizing my wolf’s appearance and adjusting its speed, stamina, and strength. When prompted for a name I immediately choose AirWolf, which probably says something about me and how much TV I watched as a kid. As AirWolf, my most pressing need is food, which I can track by scent with my Predator-like vision mode. I follow some smells to find grazing elk, but as it happens, I’ve set AirWolf’s speed slider to the setting that can only be described as Exactly The Same Speed As An Elk. This means I can chase an elk for three solid hours and never actually catch him.
Quest arrows will direct you to the nearest animal's butt.

Luckily for velocity-challenged Airwolf, who is getting annoyed with spending all his time staring at fleeing elk-buttocks, there are plenty of dead elk corpses lying around. Tons of them, in fact: it looks like Corvo Atano has been through here on his way to assassinate the High Elkseer. Unfortunately, it turns out eating dead elk is a challenge as well: to bite something, a tiny “bite” icon has to appear on screen, and I can only get it to appear by sidling slowly up to the corpse from precisely the right angle to precisely the correct distance.

My belly (eventually) full, I’m on to my main objective: tracking down the dastardly serial killer who is murdering all these elk. Wait, no. Tracking down a mate! To do this, I must first visit three different wolf territories and interact with one wolf from each area. After doing some running, resting, catching rabbits, and dining on unending mounds of dead elk, my keen wolf senses pick up the scent trail of another wolf. I follow it until I come across a male, and determined to make the first move, I try to approach him from behind to do some friendly butt-sniffing.
These are either scent markers, or I've entered Pac-Man territory.

The game, however, doesn’t allow for such a thing, instead putting us into a conversational face-off, where we can “talk” with body language. The wolf asks me what my deal is, and I can respond aggressively (“I want to be boss”), or submissively (“I’m not boss”), or decide to flee, or wait for him to make a move. Most of the wolves I meet want to be boss, but I kinda don’t. Who wants to be boss of the wolves? The hassle of young wolves constantly trying to overthrow you, the responsibility of managing the elk hunting committee, the phone calls, the paperwork… it’s a headache I don’t need.
"I'd like to apply for the wolf position. My prior experience? Being a wolf."

After visiting each wolf territory, I finally manage to run into a friendly female. I tell her I like her, we play, lick each other’s faces, we decide to elope. It’s a story we’ll tell our grandchildren before eating them because I can’t hunt elk worth a damn. I’m prompted to name my mate, and while I intend to call her SheWolf, I find myself typing in SheHulk instead, which probably says something about me and how many comic books I read as a kid.
Now, it’s time to find AirWolf and SheHulk a wolf den to live in, to protect us from the elements and to hopefully to give us privacy from the game camera so I don’t actually have to sit here watching myself hump a wolf on my computer. The idea is to find a den that is close to a food source, but a safe distance away from other wolf packs. It requires a thoughtful strategy that carefully balances personal safety with hunting convenience, so I just move into the first den I can find. Luckily, it’s a den surrounded by dead elk corpses, so we should have plenty of rotting, maggoty meals to sustain us.
wolffact2.jpg

Now that I’ve got a territory, I’ve got to make sure everyone knows it, which is best accomplished by distributing gallons of urine. I run around lifting my leg all over the place until my territory is marked. Having soaked my new home with pee, it’s time to start a family, and thankfully, the game spares me the quivering haunches and thrusting pelvises of simulated wolfsecks, and just tells me four pups have been born. I name our pups Cerberus, Poochie, HulkWolf (after both my mate and I), and leave the fourth pup named as nature intended: Puppy4. My revised goals: hunt food and regurgitate it for them, make sure they don’t wander off by picking them up and bringing them back to the den (which also builds a trusting bond), discourage predators by keeping the area around our home ankle-deep in urine, and fight off any persistent invaders.
What follows is one of the most tense, anxious, and frustrating hours in gaming I’ve ever experienced, as I have to find a way to find and eat dead elk, vomit up food, corral the pups, pursue and attack predators, and piddle over every single square inch of frontier, simultaneously. It’s harrowing. No sooner am I running off to find a fresh decomposing elk to gulp down than I get a message that I haven’t marked enough territory. I start peeing like crazy and a nosy wolf or coyote shows up, and the minute I chase it off, I get a note that the pups are hungry. I dash off to find more elk corpses and return to see that HulkWolf or Puppy4 has wandered off. While I’m collecting them, I get another notice that I’m way behind on my task of urinating all over the planet. It’s like a to-do list filled with vomit, wee, neighboring jerks, and misbehaving children, so, like regular parenthood, pretty much.
No dessert until you finish your vomit! Also, dessert is vomit.

Adding to my stress is the continually twitchy bite icon, which I need to use to pick up my kids, and the equally unreliable vomit icon, which I use to empty my stomach in front of them so they don’t starve to death. Thankfully, SheHulk is a huge help. While I am too slow to catch and kill predators, she’s a rocket, tracking down and biting encroaching coyotes to death, so I can get back to spraying down the landscape and trying to bite my children properly.
While we’ve all had days like this, where everything needs to get done at once and so nothing seems to get done at all, rarely does an enormous grizzly bear show up in the middle of it and try to eat part of your family. While I’m busy darting around, frantically barfing and peeing all over the mountain, the bear begins nosing around little Puppy4. I drop everything (everything, in this case, is Poochie, who is dangling from my mouth) and chase after the grizzly. I can’t catch him, as once again I am exactly the same speed as my prey, and worse, he’s wily. He runs in a straight line while I chase him, leading me far from the den, then executes a hook pattern, taking a long curving route back toward my pups. Meanwhile, I need to rest, which is a nerve-shattering thing to do when you can see a bear running hard for your babies. My only hope is SheHulk, the hunter of the family, but when I get back to the den I see she’s stuck inside a log, slowly walking in place. I hope she hasn’t passed down her poor pathfinding genes to our kids.
My one mistake: bringing a wolf to a bear fight.

I chase the bear away before he can eat anyone, but he keeps returning. I can’t catch him, and every time I leave to fill my stomach for my kids, the bear is back trying to fill his stomach with my kids. With SheHulk still stuck inside a log, I feel like my only option is some sort of grisly truce. Look, bear, I’m a reasonable wolf, and I recognize a stalemate. Let’s deal. I will voluntarily give you one of my young, provided you vomit some of him up for the others to eat, or at least piss on a couple acres of mountain for me on your way out.
Sadly, before I can negotiate this reasonable deal, Bear shows up outside our den and just stands there. I move in to attack, getting in one bite before the bite icon vanishes forever, and Bear swipes me into wolf heaven. My last image is of SheHulk, free from her log, walking away. Avenge me, SheHulk. Avenge… m-m-me…
Airwolf died like he lived: with vomit breath in a puddle of urine.

Conclusion: I don’t think I want to be a wolf. A wolf’s life seems way too busy, too complicated, and is quite vomit-intensive. I enjoyed most of this simulation, though the biting/barfing mechanic needs to work a little better. Frankly, I’m surprised a video game industry titan like The Minnesota Zoo didn’t beta test it a little better.

[quote name='pantsattack']I played Vice City up to Demolition Man with the RC helicopter. That thing controls so bad and is so tedious. This helicopter has blades that can cut a dude to death but can't cut through the plastic wrap on a construction site so it has to fly up the main stairwell where there are security guards with guns![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that mission really sucks. It is too bad, because the rest of the game is great. So far, it is the only GTA game I've finished. (I came close with San Andreas, but I got bored at the end.)

So.. has anyone here played I Am Alive? I started it today (was looking for a short game and figured I'd give it a shot - I have the Witcher 2 coming by mail and the first shipment was lost - so I was looking to fill a little time). So far.. I'm not really enjoying myself all that much. I mean the world is fairly interesting.. but I HATE the stamina bar... I hate it a lot. lol

I am at the point where you have to climb the building to get to the supply crate and I don't think I am going to make it down. I'm out of food and 1/3 stamina capacity.

I feel like there is only one perfect way to make it up this thing and they want me to play it 15 times before I figure it out.. can anyone tell me if this game is worth the trouble? lol

[quote name='TheLongshot']Yeah, that mission really sucks. It is too bad, because the rest of the game is great. So far, it is the only GTA game I've finished. (I came close with San Andreas, but I got bored at the end.)[/QUOTE]

I got that far in my first play session. I'll do some other missions and then get back to it when I'm calm. It's all pretty fun aside from that. I hope it's not a stopper.

[quote name='glennfrank']So.. has anyone here played I Am Alive? I started it today (was looking for a short game and figured I'd give it a shot - I have the Witcher 2 coming by mail and the first shipment was lost - so I was looking to fill a little time). So far.. I'm not really enjoying myself all that much. I mean the world is fairly interesting.. but I HATE the stamina bar... I hate it a lot. lol

I am at the point where you have to climb the building to get to the supply crate and I don't think I am going to make it down. I'm out of food and 1/3 stamina capacity.

I feel like there is only one perfect way to make it up this thing and they want me to play it 15 times before I figure it out.. can anyone tell me if this game is worth the trouble? lol[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the game but I read a review for it (might have been here) that said it wasn't all that great. The concept looks cool though.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Yeah, that mission really sucks. It is too bad, because the rest of the game is great. So far, it is the only GTA game I've finished. (I came close with San Andreas, but I got bored at the end.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Construction Site mission drove me bonkers in Vice City. I somehow, luckily eventually made it by that mission.
San Andreas - never finished that.

For some reason, never started up GTA4: TLATD.
I did finish GTA4 + Ballad of Gay Tony.
I also have finished GTA3 & Vice City.

[quote name='glennfrank']So.. has anyone here played I Am Alive? I started it today (was looking for a short game and figured I'd give it a shot - I have the Witcher 2 coming by mail and the first shipment was lost - so I was looking to fill a little time). So far.. I'm not really enjoying myself all that much. I mean the world is fairly interesting.. but I HATE the stamina bar... I hate it a lot. lol

I feel like there is only one perfect way to make it up this thing and they want me to play it 15 times before I figure it out.. can anyone tell me if this game is worth the trouble? lol[/QUOTE]

I played it on the 360 when it was released and don't remember that specific part all that well. I had to redo a couple of climbs but I never got to a point where I couldn't pass because of stamina or anything. You may not be seeing a ledge or going the way that the game wants you to. It's not great about pointing you in the right direction.

[quote name='pantsattack']I got that far in my first play session. I'll do some other missions and then get back to it when I'm calm. It's all pretty fun aside from that. I hope it's not a stopper.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall it being that hard, though I was using an X-Box controller for vehicle missions, and I likely was using a program to help set the layout of the controller. I know I had an odd mix of controller settings for San Andreas.

I have to concur. It sucks to have a roadblock on the rest of the game. I remember the RC Helicopter mission getting a bit of that reputation at the time. It took a bit of effort, but I got through it without too much frustration -- playing with KB/M. IIRC, GTA:VC should support DirectInput controllers (I know GTA:SA does.) That's one reason why I like the Logitech F510 controller with the XInput/DirectInput selector switch at the bottom.

[quote name='asheskitty']I have to concur. It sucks to have a roadblock on the rest of the game. I remember the RC Helicopter mission getting a bit of that reputation at the time. It took a bit of effort, but I got through it without too much frustration -- playing with KB/M. IIRC, GTA:VC should support DirectInput controllers (I know GTA:SA does.) That's one reason why I like the Logitech F510 controller with the XInput/DirectInput selector switch at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember the controller layout was odd with no way to effectively use trigger buttons as throttle/brake. That was fixable with some sort of third-party utility.

I've found a mix of keyboard/mouse and controller to be essential for playing these sorts of games. Best of both worlds.

Midweek Madness is a Canadian Indie Bundle for $14.99

• Capsized
  • Dungeons of Dredmor
  • HOARD
  • Shank
  • Shank 2
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

The other Midweek Madness is the Assassin's Creed Franchise at up to 75% off.

Today's deal is Krater at 50% off ($7.49)
The price hasn't updated yet. The collector's edition (w/ soundtrack and Dr. Cerebro Pack) may be $9.99.

Krater: Co-Op is the newest free expansion pack to the real-time squad based dungeon crawling adventure known as Krater. The game combines fast paced combat, tactical squad management, crafting, and questing all seen from a classic RTS perspective.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Indie

[quote name='louiedog']Midweek Madness is a Canadian Indie Bundle for $14.99

• Capsized
  • Dungeons of Dredmor
  • HOARD
  • Shank
  • Shank 2
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

The other Midweek Madness is the Assassin's Creed Franchise at up to 75% off.

Today's deal is Krater at 50% off ($7.49)
The price hasn't updated yet. The collector's edition (w/ soundtrack and Dr. Cerebro Pack) may be $9.99.

Krater: Co-Op is the newest free expansion pack to the real-time squad based dungeon crawling adventure known as Krater. The game combines fast paced combat, tactical squad management, crafting, and questing all seen from a classic RTS perspective.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Indie[/QUOTE]

Steam is doing a good job of not tempting me with stuff I want recently.

[quote name='Preedatore']Steam is doing a good job of not tempting me with stuff I want recently.[/QUOTE]

i haven't bought anything off steam since the summer sale, amazon has been getting all my money

Hoping for Revelations at 75% so I can grab Gold for $10. However the 'up to 75%' makes me think AC:R will be 50 or 66%.

Edit. 50% is crappy, it was 66% in summer. Guess I'll be waiting longer.

[quote name='vince_carter']might grab AC2 for the right price

and man, I really wanna play mark of the ninja but I just know it will be headlining a humble bundle in the not too distant future[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on Mark of the Ninja. I love stealth games and really want to play it but I know its gonna hit a big discount or be in a bundle not soon after I would buy it. I'll thank myself later.

Assassin's Creed pack now live with a note:

Package includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition despite only having Assassin's Creed Brotherhood listed among the included games.

Was really hoping for 75% off the pack ($29.99) but it's only 66% off the pack, making it $38.74.

Wow, I'm actually a bit angry atm. I was going to finally get AC Revelations Gold figuring it will be 66% off as it has been at that price a few times in the past. 50% off? fuck you Ubisoft

[quote name='plft']Hoping for Revelations at 75% so I can grab Gold for $10. However the 'up to 75%' makes me think AC:R will be 50 or 66%.

Edit. 50% is crappy, it was 66% in summer. Guess I'll be waiting longer.[/QUOTE]

It was 66% in the summer but I think the base price dropped. I'm pretty sure I paid 15.99 for it.

Might pick up Brotherhood for $5.

Probably a game I should get around to playing before AC3 comes out and hits a price point I feel like buying at.

I think I'll skip Revelations altogether, though.

[quote name='vince_carter']It was 66% in the summer but I think the base price dropped. I'm pretty sure I paid 15.99 for it.[/QUOTE]
That sounds about right, I believe gold was $50 then. I tend to stick a year behind in the AC series, having it be yearly helps in that regard.

Now for a related but different question. I own AC2/ACB retail and the keys are tied to my Uplay account. If I were to pick them up on steam would I be able to give my steam cdkeys to someone along with my retail copies and they play that way? I don't really want to have two copies on uplay and I would like to get them on steam, especially since the retail packages don't add anything.

The "complete pack" doesn't even make much sense. For someone like me who has no Assassin's Creed games but has been wanting to play it, the breakdown is like this:

Assassin's Creed: $4.99
Assassin's Creed II: $4.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe: $7.49
Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold: $19.99

All adds up to $37.46, which is $1.28 cheaper than the "pack". Or am I missing something?

[quote name='jshackles']The "complete pack" doesn't even make much sense. For someone like me who has no Assassin's Creed games but has been wanting to play it, the breakdown is like this:

Assassin's Creed: $4.99
Assassin's Creed II: $4.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe: $7.49
Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold: $19.99

All adds up to $37.46, which is $1.28 cheaper than the "pack". Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yea, you'd be missing some DLC for rev without buying the pack.

[quote name='vince_carter']Yea, you'd be missing some DLC for rev without buying the pack.[/QUOTE]

Isn't all of the DLC included in the "Gold" edition though for $19.99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back