The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get Vice City on steam, but when I add it to my cart it says 9.99, instead of 2.49. Anyone else having that problem?

[quote name='Bakou2']I'm trying to get Vice City on steam, but when I add it to my cart it says 9.99, instead of 2.49. Anyone else having that problem?[/QUOTE]

You're about 48 mins too late

[quote name='jshackles']Isn't all of the DLC included in the "Gold" edition though for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes the DLC is in the gold edition. Ubisoft choose to make the AC Pack the way they did to make it appear you are getting a better deal instead of just including Revelations Gold which would have brought the price down more as you figured out.

[quote name='jshackles']Isn't all of the DLC included in the "Gold" edition though for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Yea, good call. Honestly if you don't own any of these that is a damn fine price for a very good series.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Yes the DLC is in the gold edition. Ubisoft choose to make the AC Pack the way they did to make it appear you are getting a better deal instead of just including Revelations Gold which would have brought the price down more as you figured out.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I bet that even though the math works out in favor of buying them individually, they're gonna sell like a billion of the "pack" for people who can't math.

Gamer's Gate Assassin's Creed last weekend deal was much better than this one

I got AC Brotherhood Deluxe (with all DLC) for $7.49 and Revelations Gold Edition (with all dlc packs) for $11.98.

[quote name='louiedog']Midweek Madness is a Canadian Indie Bundle for $14.99

• Capsized
  • Dungeons of Dredmor
  • HOARD
  • Shank
  • Shank 2
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, for some reason I had it in my head that SPAZ was made by a UK outfit. Obviously I was wrong.

I'll have to pass on this one. As a dedicated bundle buyer, I already own everything except Capsized & Shank 2. Wouldn't mind owning those, but I could probably get them cheaper if I wait until the Holiday sale. And there's always a chance that Capsized might finally appear in a bundle one day.

[quote name='vince_carter']Yea, good call. Honestly if you don't own any of these that is a damn fine price for a very good series.[/QUOTE]

I ended up picking up AC 1 and 2 as well as Brotherhood (non-deluxe, as it didn't appear to add much to the single player experience) and I'm looking forward to them. By the time I get through them Revelations should be 75% off, so no worries there.

My daughter has played all of these and she really likes them so I guess I'll give it a go. :D

[quote name='Bakou2']I'm trying to get Vice City on steam, but when I add it to my cart it says 9.99, instead of 2.49. Anyone else having that problem?[/QUOTE]

Daily deal for GTA:VC is over; it ended at 12:01 CDT. There is a new daily deal for Krater.

[quote name='vince_carter']Yea, good call. Honestly if you don't own any of these that is a damn fine price for a very good series.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you break it down you can get it cheaper by purchasing seperately:

5 AC1 Director's Cut
5 AC2 Deluxe
5 ACB Vanilla
20 ACR Gold
= 35

Or you can get the ACB deluxe for 7.5 and get more than the bundle for 37.50. Rather cheap trick.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Actually, if you break it down you can get it cheaper by purchasing seperately:

5 AC1 Director's Cut
5 AC2 Deluxe
5 ACB Vanilla
20 ACR Gold
= 35

Or you can get the ACB deluxe for 7.5 and get more than the bundle for 37.50. Rather cheap trick.[/QUOTE]
As it says on the bundle page.
Package includes Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition despite only having Assassin's Creed Brotherhood listed among the included games.

[quote name='plft']As it says on the bundle page.[/QUOTE]

oh so their only stealing 1.25 from you. I guess that makes it ok.

I included the more expensive bundle in my original comment. The point is you will save money if you buy them individually and not in the bundle.

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm not seeing any mention of DRM in the description of Brotherhood. Is Steam the only DRM in that one?[/QUOTE]

i think it requires you to sign up for their but only if you want to play online, and the online is dead anyway

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm not seeing any mention of DRM in the description of Brotherhood. Is Steam the only DRM in that one?[/QUOTE]

AC2, AC:B, and AC:R ALL utilize UbiSoft's UPLAY.

[quote name='MysterD']AC2, AC:B, and AC:R ALL utilize UbiSoft's UPLAY.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, folks. I will probably pass, then.

[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks for the info, folks. I will probably pass, then.[/QUOTE]

Most of Ubi's games (since AC2) have & will utilize UbiSoft's UPlay.
There is an offline mode (like Steam has), for most games.

Silent Hunter 5 and HAWX2 require online at all times, though.

[quote name='louiedog']

The other Midweek Madness is the Assassin's Creed Franchise at up to 75% off.

Today's deal is Krater at 50% off ($7.49)
The price hasn't updated yet. The collector's edition (w/ soundtrack and Dr. Cerebro Pack) may be $9.99.

Krater: Co-Op is the newest free expansion pack to the real-time squad based dungeon crawling adventure known as Krater. The game combines fast paced combat, tactical squad management, crafting, and questing all seen from a classic RTS perspective.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Indie[/QUOTE]

Krater's also on sale on Gamersgate, too.
See this post in GG thread.

Straight-up, 2 pack for Reg Ed is cheaper on Steam ($13.49).
The rest is pretty much the same.

2 pack for CE is $20 on GG, though.

[quote name='valenor the bored']Is Krater fun if I intend to only play it in single player?[/QUOTE]

It's got mixed reviews, but it is meant to be single player if I am not mistaken? Co Op just got patched into it. It's not an MMO it is just made to sort of mimick one I think.

It uses uplay, but you don't need to be online to play it, so it's not really much of a restriction other than being tied to an account.

[quote name='valenor the bored']Is Krater fun if I intend to only play it in single player?[/QUOTE]

Yes, its an action RPG in the vein of Diablo or Torchlight. I believe now they have multiplayer but I'm not sure because I haven't played for some time. It got harsh reviews and I think thats partially because the game was released rather incomplete but they have a steady stream of patches. I'd definitely recommend this game if you like the genre and the setting is a pretty neat post-apocalyptic Sweden with a kind of Borderlands art style. The music is also unique for the genre.

If you haven't bought it yet, you can probably wait until it hits 66% or in the winter sale. Good game but 50% off is what I paid for it in the last Steam sale.

[quote name='Umair56']Yes, its an action RPG in the vein of Diablo or Torchlight. [/QUOTE]
Disagree. It isn't. It's not great either. Best one-line-description I can give is that it's like mini-managing your own MMO group (tank/healer/damage dealer) but it's a bit grindy.

Wait for 75% off if you're tempted.

AC1 is repetitive as hell but the story is best there. AC2 gave us a better lead character but everything else was such a huge tonal shift that all the bad guys are basically cartoon characters. ACB confirmed the plot is just going to be an endlessly milked wankfest of cliffhangers forever more.

What's the story like with the Assassin's Creed series? Is the first game necessary? I don't know how I feel about paying $5 for it when it seems like it's not as good, plus Bioshock 1 and 2 are on sale for just $2.50 more. Think the first will ever be any cheaper?

[quote name='aheineken']In for AC2 and Brotherhood. I heard the first one got kind of repetitive and $15 is still too expensive for Revelations.[/QUOTE]

I like the series, but they honestly all got pretty repetitive. The first was at least a challenge to move about as just seeing you would raise gaurd's suspicion. By Revelations I was just running around doing whatever I wanted while occasionally bribing a herald or two. I don't recommend anyone play through all the games together though. I typically get burnt out on the gameplay by the end of each game, and, at this point, the story isn't strong enough to overlook the repetitiveness.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']What's the story like with the Assassin's Creed series? Is the first game necessary? I don't know how I feel about paying $5 for it when it seems like it's not as good, plus Bioshock 1 and 2 are on sale for just $2.50 more. Think the first will ever be any cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I personally think the first is the best overall. The story is definitely tops there and the gameplay, while not as refined as later iterations, was a challenge and actually made you feel more like an assassin.

Ubi drops prices. It will always be cheaper.

Going vague and blurring the past and future to avoid spoilers and only speak thematically, in AC1, the guys you are killing are kinda a conspiracy from both sides of the crusades and most of the time it's just a disagreement on ideology that drives this conflict. Not enough to be a lazy attempt at making you shout WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOR but it's the sort of thing where these characters seem human. Hell, the amount of banter between the bad guy and you throughout almost made it seem like it would have been natural to join him.

In AC2, the bad guys have an evil soulless corporation. You escape to a cozy loft with a perky assortment of comical colorful characters. Everyone you are up against may as well be twiddling their mustache and tying their girlfriends to the railroad tracks. The spot held by the villain with whom you bantered about right and wrong in the first game is now filled by a snarling screaming jerkwad.

That's not to say the writing is terrible. There are nice arcs here and there and about every friendly character is extremely likeable (Almost too likeable but not overbearingly so.). This shift doesn't mean the story is bad, but I do say it makes it worse, especially given the fatigue at the series's ever-more-elaborate attempts to spin cliffhangers and draw the proceedings out. So bad is this fatigue that I almost don't want to play AC3 because I can already tell how inconsequential the story will be.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']I hope Walking Dead goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.

[quote name='Preedatore']I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i'm going to be buying the disc release for PS3 but plan on the Steam release too anything $15 or less i'll jump on right away for it.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Is this the first time it's been on sale? And what about Magicka?[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I've been DYING to get my hands on Magicka, but never a sale.

It's like, come on, you stand to make a lot of money if you just put Magicka and Jade Empire on sale once in awhile.

Maybe Tony can get a pack deal together over at Amazon.

[quote name='Preedatore']I wouldn't expect more than 40% off until winter sale. I'm thinking nothing sub $10 at until summer. Of course, from what I hear, any sale is a good deal for this if you plan on playing it right away.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but more because of Walking Dead's $30 disc coming out in December, mostly targeted at the traditional console purchasers (they could dl the episodes but most console customers prefer discs).

If Witcher 2 can provide some perspective, developers / publishers will not discount a PC DD version if they are releasing a console disc through retail channels. Witcher 2 when just a PC title hit $15 on Amazon, then the console came out and the price went straight up, and did not drop back down until the used game market had driven Witcher 2's console price back down.

I expect something similar with Walking Dead. So, a floor of $15 in Oct-Nov, no discounts or maybe a day long discount in December - February, and then the traditional discounting post Feb. when the big 2013 titles start sucking up all the oxygen. But things might be a little different as Walking Dead normal disc version will start at $30 instead of $60 so Telltale may be a bit more aggressive than CDProjekt.

Disclaimer: pure speculation.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Yeah i'm going to be buying the disc release for PS3 but plan on the Steam release too anything $15 or less i'll jump on right away for it.[/QUOTE]

It was $14.99 during the summer sale a few months ago so I would expect it to be a similar price or even lower for the winter sale.

no, got all gta games for like 12 bucks during the summer sale

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Is this the first time it's been on sale? And what about Magicka?[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know if Hydrophobia Prophecy will go on sale?

[quote name='Xealot42']It was $14.99 during the summer sale a few months ago so I would expect it to be a similar price or even lower for the winter sale.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info didn't know it was that low of a price during the summer sale can't wait! :)

Vice City was extremely tempting on the $2.50 deal yesterday but I passed 'cause I figured I'd wait for the GTA Franchise Pack for $12. Good move?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Ubi drops prices. It will always be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You think it'll go lower than $5?

I think I'm gonna get AC1/2/Brotherhood. Is Brotherhood Deluxe worth the extra $2.50?...

Got Revelations from the TRU sale for $10.

I didn't buy Walking Dead at $15 before because the game wasn't finished yet. I will buy it if it hits $15 soon. Reason being is I wanna play through all 5 eps at once, not just wait a month for shit and then forget half the story.

[quote name='MC Kage']Vice City was extremely tempting on the $2.50 deal yesterday but I passed 'cause I figured I'd wait for the GTA Franchise Pack for $12. Good move?

You think it'll go lower than $5?
.[/QUOTE]
$12-15 will be what the GTA pack goes for IMO Holiday Sale.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Gamer's Gate Assassin's Creed last weekend deal was much better than this one

I got AC Brotherhood Deluxe (with all DLC) for $7.49 and Revelations Gold Edition (with all dlc packs) for $11.98.[/QUOTE]

Brotherhood Deluxe is $7.50 too.

[quote name='jshackles']I ended up picking up AC 1 and 2 as well as Brotherhood (non-deluxe, as it didn't appear to add much to the single player experience) and I'm looking forward to them. By the time I get through them Revelations should be 75% off, so no worries there.

My daughter has played all of these and she really likes them so I guess I'll give it a go. :D[/QUOTE]
Same boat, got a friend who's a History professor and he loves the AC series. I've always wanted to try it starting from the 1st one. & dunno about Brotherhood Deluxe or not. it's an important extra $2.50.

Sir_Fragalot - hope so! for $12 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MC Kage']Vice City was extremely tempting on the $2.50 deal yesterday but I passed 'cause I figured I'd wait for the GTA Franchise Pack for $12. Good move?
.[/QUOTE]
no brainer if you want the whole series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back