The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
What DLC does it come with?
Apparently it comes with the "London to Brighton Route Add-On" and "Sherman Hill Route Add-On".

The base game on Steam also includes the "Munich-Augsburg Route Add-On" but that's not included with the Groupees key for some reason.

Basically it's the DLC that's included with the base game if you buy it directly on Steam (-1).

i was trying get answer on showdown effect deluxe ediiton if i buy it and gift it and activate it later will it let me lol
Um, I think so, if I'm understanding you. If you have a gift copy of a game in your inventory you can activate it at any time, assuming you already own the game. If you gift the game to someone and try to activate it before they do then they won't be able to anymore and the gift will be deleted.

With the upcoming Steam announcements (http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/) aside from the obvious Steambox I'm throwing it out there that Steam will begin to sell movies with Steam trading cards.  Imagine that obsession for movie watchers!  Collecting and badge crafting for movies?  I haven't seen anyone say it, but one place for shopping and using all your games, software, and media would be insane.

Why haven't any of you told me about Depressurizer? If you did, thank you and I'm sorry for not listening. No one has mentioned it in this iteration of the Steam thread so I'll bring it up.

Depressurizer lets you more quickly and efficiently categorize your Steam library. It'll even automatically categorize them based on genres listed in the store

link

Apparently it comes with the "London to Brighton Route Add-On" and "Sherman Hill Route Add-On".
The base game on Steam also includes the "Munich-Augsburg Route Add-On" but that's not included with the Groupees key for some reason.

Basically it's the DLC that's included with the base game if you buy it directly on Steam (-1).
It's different from the Steam package. Activating the Groupees TS13 key gets you the bundle that's for sale on GreenManGaming, among other places:

Fantastic routes including the fabulous Sherman Hill, London to Brighton, Northeast Corridor and Isle of Wight.

Stunningly accurate locomotives with realistic sounds, controls and physics including ES44AC, SW10, SD70, SD40-2, Electrostar, AEM-7, Class 483 and 0-4-0 Saddle Tank.
As spoder pointed out in the Groupees thread, they're ending this offer very soon due to a limited number of keys, so if you want in, get it now.

With the upcoming Steam announcements (http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/) aside from the obvious Steambox I'm throwing it out there that Steam will begin to sell movies with Steam trading cards. Imagine that obsession for movie watchers! Collecting and badge crafting for movies? I haven't seen anyone say it, but one place for shopping and using all your games, software, and media would be insane.
Indie Game The Movie has cards :whee:

Why haven't any of you told me about Depressurizer? If you did, thank you and I'm sorry for not listening. No one has mentioned it in this iteration of the Steam thread so I'll bring it up.

Depressurizer lets you more quickly and efficiently categorize your Steam library. It'll even automatically categorize them based on genres listed in the store

link
It's funny you bring this up. I randomly decided to categorize my library literally at 2 Am last night, and found this.

Indie Royale Golden Jubilee Bundle is live. Nothing exciting, but I got in early for $2.

Wow. Looks like I'm going to regret that.

Edit: doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it, but Steam keys for Cognition have also appeared in Groupees Capsule Computers.

Indie Royale Golden Jubilee Bundle is live. Nothing exciting, but I got in early for $2.

Wow. Looks like I'm going to regret that.
I'll set up a support group for us all to get together on Monday nights and talk through these Indie Royale issues.

We'll be a little short on biscuits so I'd be grateful if you could bring a pack of custard creams or something.

but here's some games with  steam keys 

soul calibur 2:

AJLAK-IVYVA-3THK7

sword of the berzerk: gut's rage

AMD9M-WYXC7-YZIIC

mystical ninja starring goemon:

84DXX-CKVAN-NNA4F

Kinda:

7:22 PM - Idiotekque: but really, it would be nice if someone posted that i grabbed those two. i'm silenced and all

Some crap in the Amazon PCDD thread, though Tony posted that future enthusiastic banter like that won't be as heavily moderated in the future, in that thread......
Yeah, and yet their bans have not been lifted. It was just some pics I think, which were humorous and within the context of the conversation.

https://twitter.com/indieroyale/status/381200054242918400

Yep. That's exactly it. I happened to go to the IR page seconds after the bundle went live because I was checking if a Greenlight game got Steam keys. I grabbed it impulsively, seeing a bunch of games that I didn't have and figuring the price would shoot up to $5 in minutes like it usually does. Never saw this Tweet until afterward. Oh well. Only two bucks.

Yep. That's exactly it. I happened to go to the IR page seconds after the bundle went live because I was checking if a Greenlight game got Steam keys. I grabbed it impulsively, seeing a bunch of games that I didn't have and figuring the price would shoot up to $5 in minutes like it usually does. Never saw this Tweet until afterward. Oh well. Only two bucks.
You should check the IR thread more often. I warned people that they would probably get something if they subscribed to the IR newsletter before the bundle went live.

Idiot, sunasun, and Mind Link all post lots of gifs and memes, and we were warned about those a few times in this thread. Not that I agree, but I believe that to be the reason. And all three of them posted in the Amazon thread where rules are enforced more stringently because Tony is an official rep.

Cheapy himself sent me a cease and desist warning a few months ago for posting in some affiliate's topic saying their advertising was misleading. Dat PR doe.

as much as i love valve nobody is gonna buy a linux based $500+ console from them.

i already play steam games through my tv with a controller, i don't even own a monitor. 

No love for Sunasun? He's not here either :whistle2:(

Nobody listen to Spoder :shame:
It's weird how it usually ends up being some of the biggest contributors end up being silenced. This time it was way quieter. I'm surprised posters on the Xbox free stuff thread didn't get banned or silenced. This is all weird to me. On a good note, Penny Arcade 3 is a great game with great RPG elements. I enjoyed the turn-based RPG aspect of it, and the humor is quite interesting. Good game, especially for free

as much as i love valve nobody is gonna buy a linux based $500+ console from them.

i already play steam games through my tv with a controller, i don't even own a monitor.
Neither do I, I have a 20 inch tv on my desk, and an hdmi splitter to also send the signal to my main tv if I want to play on the lovesac. God, I can really be such a hipster sometimes, a love sac? Geez me.

Reus is IGN Prime's FGOTM for September.

izPuuVz.png

I don't think it'd sway most PC gamers over to Steam-Box. Most PC gamers probably figure, "I'll stick with my PC" or even "Awww, hell - I'll just build a PC."

Valve's trying to corner both PC and console market here w/ Steam as the middle-ware. I think the crowd Valve's aiming at w/ the Linux Steam-Box is the console gamers that want something somewhere b/t a console and a desktop PC. I'd guess, Valve's trying to go after those who might be tired of what both Sony and M$ are doing; or that gamer that like to own numerous different platforms (PC and consoles). Steam-Box is something that's likely a bit more "open" than what console gaming currently is - and might have a chance for running mods - and that could open the eyes of console gamers. I'd guess Valve are aiming at the console crowd that might have friends on the PC who are using Steam - and try to get them playing together under one Steam roof (which Microsoft's G4WL/XBL X-Play failed at w/ that Shadowrun action-game). Also, Valve's probably trying to possible drag those console gamers one 1/2 step closer towards the full-blown PC.

From what I recall, only 10% - 15% of game sales (not sure if it's by volume or revenue) are for PCs, and it's getting lower. The rest is mostly consoles. You can bet if Gaben can offer console gamers a relatively low cost console with a huge library of games that can be insanely cheap during sales & bundles, many of them will seriously consider it next time they shell out $50 for a console game. The Steambox is not for people like me who already build their own gaming rigs, DVRs, etc. But it's gonna be "open" so any game that works on it will work on a regular PC as well, as long as it's running Linux. As much as I dislike Steam, this is a great thing for us Linux gamers (all five of us).

Same here. My gaming/desktop PC is basically just a console; it sits right next to my tv. I really don't see the need to buy a Steambox. I'm really interested to hear the details, just to see what the benefits are in getting one besides that it's small and convenient. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine there's a huge market for this thing. I feel like a lot of people who are really dying to have access to Steam games right from their tv have probably already hooked a computer up to one. Not to mention there aren't a whole boatload of games out there that are Linux compatible. It's a neat little idea, but I'm really left wondering who they're marketing this to, and who they think is really itching to buy one.

From what I recall, only 10% - 15% of game sales (not sure if it's by volume or revenue) are for PCs, and it's getting lower. The rest is mostly consoles. You can bet if Gaben can offer console gamers a relatively low cost console with a huge library of games that can be insanely cheap during sales & bundles, many of them will seriously consider it next time they shell out $50 for a console game. The Steambox is not for people like me who already build their own gaming rigs, DVRs, etc. But it's gonna be "open" so any game that works on it will work on a regular PC as well, as long as it's running Linux. As much as I dislike Steam, this is a great thing for us Linux gamers (all five of us).
That's all well and good, but will non Linux compatible games be able to run on it? If not say goodbye to that console market, because the 50 dollars they shell out on the game won't get you that same game on Linux, because most console games (outside of those made by valve) aren't Linux compatible.

That's all well and good, but will non Linux compatible games be able to run on it? If not say goodbye to that console market, because the 50 dollars they shell out on the game won't get you that same game on Linux, because most console games (outside of those made by valve) aren't Linux compatible.
I think that Valve is looking at future games, not games that have already come out. They're hoping that once the Steambox "platform" is out there, big companies (and not just indies) will start developing AAA games for Linux (and it is happening, very slowly though). I think that Kickstarter-backed releases are also going to play a big role - most of the big ones have Linux support.

GabeN has been quoted in saying that you'll be able to install Windows on the Steambox if you want. My biggest concern is proprietary issues, though; Valve has to sell enough to be successful and profit off the console's development, so we'll likely see Valve-specific hardware akin to Apple products. Will we have to buy specific parts to upgrade the console, if we're even capable of upgrading it?

My best guess is that it's Xi3's Piston, which could be used for a lot more than just Steam gaming. Valve paid them to design a console, after all, and all of Xi3's products are designed the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back