The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously. I kind of want Dino Hoard and Primal Rage because... Dinosaurs. But no one has ever said a nice thing about either game. And we don't even talk about Dino D-Day.

Why can't I have just one great dinosaur game? Just one?
This is actually a really good question. Dinosaurs are awesome. Why aren't there any good dinosaurs games? There are approximately 30 gazillion zombie games, 100 gafunkillion war games, 100 million gammamillion generic fantasy setting games...why no good dino games?

Seriously. I kind of want Dino Hoard and Primal Rage because... Dinosaurs. But no one has ever said a nice thing about either game. And we don't even talk about Dino D-Day.

Have you ever heard of "Super Nintendo"?

This is actually a really good question. Dinosaurs are awesome. Why aren't there any good dinosaurs games? There are approximately 30 gazillion zombie games, 100 gafunkillion war games, 100 million gammamillion generic fantasy setting games...why no good dino games?
There are a few good ones, but not too recent. Turok, Jurassic Park 1&2, Dino Crisis, King Kong, and Dash of Destruction are a few that I can think of right meow. King Kong is probably the newest one (or maybe Turok).

The End said:
You know, I'd ask you where one finds a picture such as that. But I'm afraid that you'd actually tell me.
Internet? it took me 3 months to get that squirrel to mount that spider (a lot of squished spiders were the result of the many failed attempts). ;)

Neuro5i5 said:
Reported for littering.
gets-a-call.jpg

Woodlands said:

We already did, just before your time ;) plus you got to eat people.
primal_rage_wallpaper_by_cepillo16-d3klnc2.jpg

shit, forgot to post that I found an actual deal

Free Steam key for a most likely crappy game
http://finalexam-thegame.com/?rub=early_access

It's just a demo. You get one character and one level. Felt like just another generic beat 'em up to me, but hey, free demo.

RE: Dinosaurs. Only dino game I would care to see remade is Rampage. Has been a looooong time since we had a good version of that.
Hell yeah, a remake
would be awesome!! I remember blowing
10 dollars
X
a night on
J
Rampage when I
was a
-
youngster (quarter
L
at a
R
time made it easy
V
to be broke before
P
you realized it.
X
Then
-
you had to flirt
E
with the girl at
J
the snack bar since you had
K
no money for food.
Good times, good times. So, now I'm not so
D
sure I'd like to see a remake
If you actually read through this crap, Enjoy your Fortix Steam Key!!!!!!
of Rampage.

There are a few good ones, but not too recent. Turok, Jurassic Park 1&2, Dino Crisis, King Kong, and Dash of Destruction are a few that I can think of right meow. King Kong is probably the newest one (or maybe Turok).
I remember actually enjoying King Kong on the original Xbox quite a bit. Wrestling T-Rexes was pretty baller. I enjoyed it a good sight more than the movie remake, anyway...

And Primal Rage! Now there's a game I'd love to see a remake/reboot of.

Bunch of stuff getting registry updates in prep for the sale.  Usual suspects: Fear series, Left4Dead, Dungeon Defenders, Orcs Must Die, any game with zombies, etc.

Bunch of stuff getting registry updates in prep for the sale. Usual suspects: Fear series, Left4Dead, Dungeon Defenders, Orcs Must Die, any game with zombies, etc.
Meh, nothing interesting so far, and I doubt they'll beat the price on gamestop's Fear pack if anyone doesn't have it yet.

Devolver Digital just tweeted that Foul Play now has Mac & Linux support, but to wait a couple of hours to buy it. I guess that means it's a Halloween/Midweek/daily sale item. 

There are quite a few 33% off coupons for the game floating around and as of right now they still appear to stack with discounts.

edit: It was also pointed out to me that it could be part of a new Humble Bundle today, though this game is very new and if that's the case it'll be in a high tier.

Devolver Digital just tweeted that Foul Play now has Mac & Linux support, but to wait a couple of hours to buy it. I guess that means it's a Halloween/Midweek/daily sale item.

There are quite a few 33% off coupons for the game floating around and as of right now they still appear to stack with discounts.

edit: It was also pointed out to me that it could be part of a new Humble Bundle today, though this game is very new and if that's the case it'll be in a high tier.
I expect a Halloween sale. Games usually don't go to a humble bundle until months after release. I know Steam does Halloween sales, because I got Ghostbusters awhile back for like $2.50.

So I tried Ride to Hell: Retribution. The game is so cheesy and bad, it's hilarious. A so bad it's good situation. Also this game has no graphics options, and I mean absolutely nothing, and it's locked at 1024x768 res though you can play in windowed mode. I would say it's a lazy PC port but the game is that horrible, I can't call the port lazy, it falls in line with the quality of the game on anything.

I expect a Halloween sale. Games usually don't go to a humble bundle until months after release. I know Steam does Halloween sales, because I got Ghostbusters awhile back for like $2.50.
Unless of course those games are debuts or there's a high priced tier, both things that Humble has done before. I agree it's much more likely Steam, but there's precedence for why I didn't rule out Humble.

Also, Halloween sale has been confirmed. A couple of games are already on sale (tebow posted the hot scoop yesterday) and I've seen at least one developer mention it was coming.

Hey bros, when you use Paypal to pay for something at an online store and charge it to your credit card as the funding source, are there any extra fees that Paypal imposes on top of the actual purchase? Assuming there is no currency exchange.

That's cool cause someone just bought my PSN code for $20 Paypal and I thought about using it toward my new video card. I would have paid for it directly with a credit card otherwise.

Sorry for not googling, I found the answer on their website right away:

PayPal is free whenever you use it to buy something or make a payment.

The seller pays us a small fee to securely handle your payment.

Pretty good Halloween sale. Vampire: The Masquerade is finally back at 75% off.

And Foul Play coupons stack with the 50% discount if anyone's wondering. I do love beat-em-ups, might grab a 2-pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back