The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the demo, it plays very similar do Devil May Cry IV... is that a fair assessment of the whole game?
Haven't played it in awhile, but if I remember correctly, it plays more like Darksiders. Lots of climbing, jumping, puzzles, etc. Whereas DMC4 was mostly combat.

Today's deal is Frozen Synapse at 80% off ($4.99)

The game is only sold as a 2-pack, so you'll get a second copy in your inventory, but that doesn't matter because you probably already have it from a bundle.
Hm, I've read good things about this game so at $2.50 (after selling a gift copy) this is a bit tempting. Anyone have comments from playing the game?

I own almost all castlevania soundtracks, even the wii one (I forgot my kids own that game on their wii). Even have the tribute ones (Dracula perfect battle is awesome, and the One Ups and House the Crate versions too)

But to play symphony I need to get a PS one CD game... Will search for it on ebay

Is that Castlevania: SotN you are talking about? If so then another option would be to buy a cheap PS3 and get the digital version. Or buy a used PSP. Or a Vita. Now that would be a cheap investment! :lol:

Sony Store SotN

The base price for Frozen Synapse is $25?!? Really?!? What a joke.
lol yeah I was rather surprised at that as well. I guess it is because it is only sold as a two pack, but still, seems pretty high. Kinda feel like I should have BTA in the Humble Bundle it was in now, but I didn't check MSRP so I didn't know it was that high :cry:

lol yeah I was rather surprised at that as well. I guess it is because it is only sold as a two pack, but still, seems pretty high. Kinda feel like I should have BTA in the Humble Bundle it was in now, but I didn't check MSRP so I didn't know it was that high :cry:
I think it was as low as a penny for the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (launched before the $1 steam key requirement).. where were you then?!

Just wanted to say, Psydero has been doing a great job keeping up the OP with this new thread (already at 1500 responses).  I really do commend you guys for having the time and energy to do that!

No Time to Explain has cards now.. not bad if you managed to get it for $2.49 during the summer sale.. too high to buy at $4.99 though.
Too bad it has cards now.

Steam gave me a 50% off coupon the day -before- the game went on its weeklong sale. A coupon that doesn't stack. The dev was amused at this, thinking that the discount stacked, but hasn't said a peep to me after I told him it didn't.

Blargh.

I paid $25 for Frozen Synapse when it was still in beta and I don't feel ripped off. They had huge server issues when the game released on Steam and their solution was pretty weak for the existing user base, so I didn't play much after that.

By now the servers are probably pretty empty save for the experts that will destroy you any chance they get. The single player campaign is ok though and if you get a few friends together and only play them in multiplayer you can have a good time. I think the dlc added coop as well.

Their new game looks like shit though, and that's coming from someone who loves football and strategy games. Frozen Endzone I think. It's been greenlit already.

I paid $25 for Frozen Synapse when it was still in beta and I don't feel ripped off. They had huge server issues when the game released on Steam and their solution was pretty weak for the existing user base, so I didn't play much after that.

By now the servers are probably pretty empty save for the experts that will destroy you any chance they get. The single player campaign is ok though and if you get a few friends together and only play them in multiplayer you can have a good time. I think the dlc added coop as well.

Their new game looks like shit though, and that's coming from someone who loves football and strategy games. Frozen Endzone I think. It's been greenlit already.
Now I want Ice cream

Frozen Synapse is nice because the multi-player is turn based and asynchronous. You can actually set it to email you when it's your turn. Also, the PC and iOS versions are crossplay. So if you can get a handful of friends together who like playing the game you can keep a few matches goin and great it like Scrabble or Quizcross or other games like that.

It's also a pheonominal gameplay concept that's executed well.

Thinking about picking up the Red DLC.

Frozen Synapse is nice because the multi-player is turn based and asynchronous. You can actually set it to email you when it's your turn. Also, the PC and iOS versions are crossplay. So if you can get a handful of friends together who like playing the game you can keep a few matches going and treat it like Scrabble or Quizcross or other games like that.

I bought the bundle, even though I literally own everything in it... I even BTA... I don't know why. I rationalized it with saying "well SR3 DLC" but really wtf Izod. At least the bonus games will give me Risen 1.
Maybe you wanted the Original Soundtracks...?

Just saw this on IGN: looks like an expansion for XCOM:EU may be inbound.  Or possibly a sequel, or something else.  I think an expansion could be a good idea if they do it right.  I've been logging a lot of hours since picking it up in the summer sale, and it's good, but it could be better.  I'd like to see some more strategic options and a bit of finesse put on the tactical game; I had to mod it today just to disable annoying time-consuming animations.  That's something that one can toggle in the options.  I feel like with all these hours I'm spending in game I'm not actually playing as much as I ought to be.

Just saw this on IGN: looks like an expansion for XCOM:EU may be inbound. Or possibly a sequel, or something else. I think an expansion could be a good. idea if they do it right. I've been logging a lot of hours since picking it up in the summer sale, and it's good, but it could be better. I'd like to see some more strategic options and a bit of finesse put on the tactical game; I had to mod it today just to disable annoying time-consuming animations. That's something that one can toggle in the options. I feel like with all these hours I'm spending in game I'm not actually playing as much as I ought to be.
I'm pretty sure there was an option to disable the animations in battle called action cam or something. I don't recall if it disabled all animations though.

That Frozen Endzone vid is weak. Can the defense even plan anything? It looks like the defensive AI is just set to chase. If that, actually. The play they feature 3 different angles of between 1:40 and 2:10, as if it's the defining play of the game, the defenders run away from the ball carrier as they near the endzone.

I'm pretty sure there was an option to disable the animations in battle called action cam or something. I don't recall if it disabled all animations though.
Wow, don't know how I missed that. Thanks. I do believe though that the delay when you use Overwatch is still unaffected, so the mod is good for that. Also it disables the opening logo screens which take forever and a day.

For those interested: XCOM Toolboks

tumblr_moqm4lE6FP1snsjmyo1_500.gif

Frozen Synapse is nice because the multi-player is turn based and asynchronous. You can actually set it to email you when it's your turn. Also, the PC and iOS versions are crossplay. So if you can get a handful of friends together who like playing the game you can keep a few matches goin and great it like Scrabble or Quizcross or other games like that.

+1 for Frozen Synapse. I got it in a bundle awhile back and had a lot of fun with it.
Best_____indie game ever. Very satisfying.

It's Idiotekque's parents when they heard he got banned prior to shooting up CAG HQ and taking his own life.

He never got so much as a write-up in school.
In all honesty, I'm glad you're back. You're like a fun Lou Diamond Phillips constantly tripping on Adderall moonshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back