The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
This will encourage more widespread use of trainers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0B6kvFy-k

I don't really have a problem with requiring level 5 for a game like that where cards are fairly cheap. It's the foil badge for a non-cosmetic ship that annoys me. (If it was the other way around, I wouldn't mind much at all.)

Mine's better.
Are there enough foil badges for the fan-base that wants this card DLC? Can everyone who wants these unlocks get them for less than the cost of a pint?

I doubt there are, and I have no idea how much a pint costs.
Bingo! It's like super limited edition DLC that the Dev doesn't even reap as much benefit from as selling it as DLC normally. :facepalm:

Queue the trainer.

cost of a pint = expression

...blood prices vary considerably region-to-region.

Haha, well last night was a failure. Tried to idle 6 games at once while I slept 5 hours and only got 3 cards.

Also want to thank my fellow CAG that severely undercut my cards by 20 cents. I was lowest priced at .32 x2, 1 sold, then bam ~ .12, then .13, .10. etc. Lol, card value absolutely plummeted to the lower teens (instead of a gradual decrease) as others followed suit. At least now it's recovered and is in the lower twenties.

Trine 2 is 50% off according to the steam front page but it's showing as 85% off for me. Might wanna check that out if your interested.

Bingo! It's like super limited edition DLC that the Dev doesn't even reap as much benefit from as selling it as DLC normally. :facepalm:

Queue the trainer.

cost of a pint = expression

...blood prices vary considerably region-to-region.

ayo what dey go for in transylvania???

Trine 2 Complete Story 3-pack is $5.99 right now. Pricing error, should be 50% off according to the graphic but is 85% off instead.

Comes out to $2 per copy. Anyone want to host or participate in a group buy? http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/
It's probably not a pricing error, I think it's just an error made on the pic. 50% off is way too high of a price for Trine 2, 85% seems about right since it was 80% last time.

EDIT: Pic just changed..

Bought. Sending you a PM. Have one left if anyone's interested.
Cool! I've never bothered looking into Trine 2 cause I tried the demo for 1 and wasn't impressed. This was on PS3 and I had a different mindset about smaller games back then. Just watched the little video for 2 on Steam store and was sold, this game looks pretty awesome.

Kentucky Route Zero is half off as well.  Its no 75% but it seemed a few were interested in it during summer sale when it didnt win vote.

Were the Ys games 75% during the summer sale?  I missed that flash.  I have Ys Origins already and enjoyed it for a couple hours; how do the other games compare?

Too bad Kentucky Route Zero doesn't meet my 75% off or GTFO rule. It's awfully tempting. Must hold out longer!

I did grab Giana Sisters and the Trine 2 DLC though. 

I thought this summer would be the Summer of the Backlog, and while I did get through a few games in my library, I've found myself addicted to Borderlands 2 again, and just ran through the story for a third time. Go figure. 

Oh yeah, got my first foil from Psychonauts. Hopefully the prices continue to creep up. I want to get more than 70 cents! What can I say, I'm greedy when it comes to "free" money. 

Haha, well last night was a failure. Tried to idle 6 games at once while I slept 5 hours and only got 3 cards.
Not sure if its been mentioned, but on the Steam boards, I saw mention that idling multiple games at once lowers the drop rate for every game that is running. Not sure if its linear, in which case it would be a wash or if the penalty is a little higher.

Were the Ys games 75% during the summer sale? I missed that flash. I have Ys Origins already and enjoyed it for a couple hours; how do the other games compare?
They were 66% off during the summer sale. I predict they'll all be 75% off during the winter sale though, as that's what happened last year.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but on the Steam boards, I saw mention that idling multiple games at once lowers the drop rate for every game that is running. Not sure if its linear, in which case it would be a wash or if the penalty is a little higher.
Thanks for the info. I usually just idle 2 games at once, so I never really noticed the difference between 1-2 games. Definitely not going to idle more than that anymore.

Thanks for the info. I usually just idle 2 games at once, so I never really noticed the difference between 1-2 games. Definitely not going to idle more than that anymore.
I did wonder if multiple games had any issues like this. I let 10 run last night and got 6 drops, but before that I think only running one or two I got all the drops for a game in under 2 hours. Looks like it might be time to go back to 1-2 at a time

When I was idling 6 at a time I was getting 3 card drops an hour. So take that as you'd like. Anything you read on a forum is pure speculation and drop rates vary by person, time, game, etc. I'm sure there's some algorithm behind it, but it's probably meant to be unpredictable enough for us not to find a pattern.

Idle a game while watching Investigation Discovery on TV gets you 1 card per 10 minutes...I tested it and it worked...

I have Trine 2 on PS3 which does not include the DLC in the Complete Story:

"Trine 2: Complete Story fully integrates the Goblin Menace expansion campaign and the all-new unlockable Dwarven Caverns level into one mighty fairytale. All owners of Trine 2: Goblin Menace are automatically upgraded to the Complete Story edition."

Is the additional content worth a $2 purchase?

Space Nerds have renewed my faith in the community market.  EVE Online cards are still selling for around a dollar each.  Didn't even have to undercut, just listed mine around halfway between the low and high point on the first page of listings, sold in about 10 minutes.

I guess the guy in charge of posting News hasn't quite figured out how to program posts.

I'm really tempted by this, it looks very interesting and even though it can be future bundle material, it's a way to support the devs.
I've figured it out, I just won't have the OP updated the exact moment deals switch every single day, especially on days they add Midweek deals and such.

Kentucky Route Zero on sale for $12.49? That game does look very appealing. Slightly tempting at 50% but I'll wait it out for a better price as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back