The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredibly rare is a bit of an overstatement. They're rare, but I've only played a little bit and got a hero drop. Random is random though, so there are people who play a ton and never get a hero.

Partially because of this, they're changing hero drops in a future patch. As far as I understand, heroes will no longer drop, but crystals will drop fairly frequently. You'll spend a bunch of these crystals to get the exact hero you want.

I really like the game, but I played through it during beta and had access to every character in the game, so it's a little hard to go back to not having that access. I still really like the idea of hero drops though.
I had a hero drop already on my limited play through. That's good news about the crystals though.

Can I just add to the conversation of Marvel Heroes? Been playing since the beta. It's a really fun FREE ARPG with online elements (even though they call it an MMO >_>). If you miss Marvel Ultimate Alliance, this is the game to play. At it's early days, ti was terrible and pretty unoptimized but there have been really good patches lately and they're working to add more. Has a huge variety of characters and costumes so you'll be only running into the starter heroes a lot in the beginning of the game. The story is pretty decent, but the artwork in the cutscenes is terrible.

Anyways, they have ditched hero drops and added a new currency where you can get free heroes. Enemies will drop "Eternity Splinters" every now and again. They said if you save up for about a week, you can get a small-tier hero for free at the shop. Save up a little longer and you can get the most expensive one like Deadpool. All it takes is a bit of farming. Therefore, you don't have to pay a single penny to unlock anything.

If you want the best ARPG, jsut buy Torchlight 2. Marvel Heroes is the best of it's kind.

So it's actually a decent game? That's good to know, for when I ever actually finish Ultimate Alliance 2, PS2-style.

On a side note, when is Steam going to make it possible for someone to buy a gift pack even if they already own the game? Let's use Trine 2 as an example. I know 3 people that would like it and I want to gift it to them for gift pack prices. I already own it, so I can't, and would have to buy 3 at individual copy prices (yeah, $3, but this is CAG). Why can't the copy for me just be inventoried?
This. I would also like gift copies for the games I already own in a bundle purchase like Total War Collection for example.

PSA

Magical Diary cards fetch close to a dollar apiece. Looks like niche titles will still hold value, I cashed out and spent the profits on stupid Beat Hazard emotes.
Also on a side note: The game is amazing really loved Magical Diary it's a game every girl and boy should play.

On a side note, when is Steam going to make it possible for someone to buy a gift pack even if they already own the game? Let's use Trine 2 as an example. I know 3 people that would like it and I want to gift it to them for gift pack prices. I already own it, so I can't, and would have to buy 3 at individual copy prices (yeah, $3, but this is CAG). Why can't the copy for me just be inventoried?
I doubt it will happen. They do it this way to prevent people buying discounted packs and then flipping them. It's not a perfect system but I think it works for the most part.

Also on a side note: The game is amazing really loved Magical Diary it's a game every girl and boy should play.
I PLAYED IT AND FOUND IT ENTERTAINING BUT THEN I GOT TO THE END OF THE FIRST YEAR AND IT SAYS GAME OVER AND THAT'S IT AND I GOT ANGRY ABOUT IT RANTED AND MOA-

Ooh cards worth farming!

Semi-serious edit: that did kinda annoy me. Honestly.

I doubt it will happen. They do it this way to prevent people buying discounted packs and then flipping them. It's not a perfect system but I think it works for the most part.
I can definitely see why they wouldn't want people to do this, and the lost sales because of it are probably minimal, but if they allowed it, wouldn't they sell more games? Even if people flip them, Steam made the original sale, and that's more profit for them.

My only question that is directly related to your point is this: Why the Hell are people buying them anyway? Think about it, we want to sell for the money, but there's a big market for those who want to buy cards anyway. So what's up with that?

baby-names-money.jpg

[customspoiler='herpes'][/customspoiler]

PSA
Magical Diary cards fetch close to a dollar apiece. Looks like niche titles will still hold value, I cashed out and spent the profits on stupid Beat Hazard emotes.

Yeah, I'm torn between selling my Magical Diary cards or getting the badge. The fact that I would have to spend at least$3 to get the badge pretty much kills it.

Idiot and WalkOnShadows can probably hook you up, maybe Ashes too (I think anyone who plays can send guest passes, but I could be wrong) :)

Thanks. I may contact one of them.

Yeah, no. I'm a girl and enjoyed playing it. My husband just laughed at the game.

Yeah, no. I'm a girl and enjoyed playing it. My husband just laughed at the game.
I guess I should say that, if you enjoy Harry Potter, then you'll enjoy the game as it is basically a interactive story of Harry Potter with a girls perspective.

Plus the story with Damien is still one of my biggest gaming memories.

What games get Greenlit is so random sometimes. Project Awakened will probably never even be released without getting outside funding.

Surprised to see Project Awakened on that list when they bumbled both their first Kickstarter and, following that failure, their subsequent attempt to raise funds on their website.  I thought their thoughts had promise, but it seemed poorly organized and communicated, and they definitely did not seem to understand the scope of their game (at least on the original KS).  I'm glad it failed because otherwise I'm pretty sure the product they were promising would have been delayed for 2 or 3 years (which is the more modified scope they proposed on their website later).

So this game is still in development minus the crowd funding?

Centration just failed their kickstarter also.  Barely raised 10% of their relatively meager goal.

I guess these devs can try to get their games into Early Access, but there's some awfully raw products getting through greenlight.

That being said, I can't wait to be a badger!

Someone pointed out to me that the last three daily deals were all games that lost the Community Polls in the summer sale, including today's Marvel deal.

Someone pointed out to me that the last three daily deals were all games that lost the Community Polls in the summer sale, including today's Marvel deal.
I said something about this yesterday or the day before. Those sale prices were worked out and the devs/pubs wanted them to happen. I expect all community vote losers to be deals soon.

Did they ever implement controller support for Marvel Heroes like they said they would in beta? The game would be much more enjoyable that way.

So.. back to the topic of cards... 

New:

Call of Juarez 
PAYDAY: The Heist 
Ittle Dew 
Lunar Flight 
La-Mulana

Edit: not sure why they announced PAYDAY again... that one isn't new. 

Can I just add to the conversation of Marvel Heroes? Been playing since the beta. It's a really fun FREE ARPG with online elements (even though they call it an MMO >_>). If you miss Marvel Ultimate Alliance, this is the game to play. At it's early days, ti was terrible and pretty unoptimized but there have been really good patches lately and they're working to add more. Has a huge variety of characters and costumes so you'll be only running into the starter heroes a lot in the beginning of the game. The story is pretty decent, but the artwork in the cutscenes is terrible.

Anyways, they have ditched hero drops and added a new currency where you can get free heroes. Enemies will drop "Eternity Splinters" every now and again. They said if you save up for about a week, you can get a small-tier hero for free at the shop. Save up a little longer and you can get the most expensive one like Deadpool. All it takes is a bit of farming. Therefore, you don't have to pay a single penny to unlock anything.

If you want the best ARPG, jsut buy Torchlight 2. Marvel Heroes is the best of it's kind.

I can say with certainty that I am in the opposite boat. I installed and played the game with a friend for a bit and we were very underwhelmed. The game is polished and well done, but once you have played the tutorial you pretty much know how the rest of the game is going to be. Very repetitive, limited options and a pretty heavy p2win... at least if you want any variety. That's the impression we both walked away with: generic, heavily limited, and repetitive. I can't see many people getting into it for longer than a few months at most. Comparing it to MUA is a very, very far stretch. The only thing the games have in common are super heroes, beat-em-up (MUA was far more fleshed out), and an isometric view.

PM me later... I think I so, but I haven't looked into it.

Crystal Quest

crystal_quest_xbox360.jpg

If this is the game I think it is, I played a ton of this game back in middle school. I'm now going to try to find a way to get this on my computer when I get home from work today. And then probably be disappointed because it isn't as good as I remember it or I am no longer good at it.

Greenlight update
Really excited about A Hat In Time, that game has my name written all over it (now if only it would end up in a bundle so I don't have to shell out $20...)

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack has cards now too.
YES, another game I have and that I actually bought just because I wanted it ^_^

Indie Game: The Movie has cards
I honestly thought this was a joke. So with cards usually dropping every 30-60 minutes, will we even have them all if we just watch the movie?

Come on Conquistador! I've got a little card money with your name on it.

Well for what it's worth, I'm a guy (last I checked anyway) and really want to play it. Though I guess maybe I am just drawn to anime/harry potter/high school sims ^_~

Check again. You're very effeminate.

I -- an overly swagger-conscious 10-year vegetarian/vegan, PETA-backing women's-rights stalwart and all-around sympathetic MF -- am saying this to you.

worms is dead to me after worms crazy golf

Top 5 most abysmal piece of sloth shit in my library and I'm also counting my local book-library.

New steam cards:

Lunar Flight - 3 of 5 cards
La Mulana - 5 of 10 cards
?

Taking the day off from doing anything with cards. :no: Listing 'em dozens of times per day is giving me brain cancer in my brain.

Check again. You're very effeminate.

I -- an overly swagger-conscious 10-year vegetarian/vegan, PETA-supporting women's-rights stalwart and all-around sympathetic MF -- am saying this to you.
so I've been told, but eh, I could care less if people think that. If they have a problem with the way I act or the stuff I like, well I'm not forcing them to be around me. Trying to be someone I'm not has never done anything good for me.

BundleStars - Masters of Strategy Bundle £2.34
  • Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
  • Earth 2160
  • Patrician IV Steam Special Edition
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
  • Restaurant Empire 2
I only want the bottom 2 games, anyone want to split the bundle with me? I can host and give you the keys you want.

So what bundles would unlock the most amount of "card" games that I can sit here and idle?  :p

Also, is or IS NOT Marvel worth it at 50% off?  Seems like an awful lot of cash for 4 characters plus a couple of costumes.   That last negative review had me teetering towards "money best spent elsewhere".

so I've been told, but eh, I could care less if people think that. If they have a problem with the way I act or the stuff I like, well I'm not forcing them to be around me. Trying to be someone I'm not has never done anything good for me.
It's not criticism, it's just an obvious observation.

Edit: ok yes it's teasing sorry

"Looks like Steam provided the wrong keys. We've removed the previous keys from the system and we will be putting up the correct keys once we receive them. Everyone should then have the opportunity to get the key for the correct commander. Thanks for everyone's patience."

Going to grab one once they have them back up, thanks!

"Looks like Steam provided the wrong keys. We've removed the previous keys from the system and we will be putting up the correct keys once we receive them. Everyone should then have the opportunity to get the key for the correct commander. Thanks for everyone's patience."

Going to grab one once they have them back up, thanks!
I wonder what the original keys are for. :whistle2:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back