The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I could put up with always online DRM if it significantly added to the game. For stupid Facebook features (hey, SimCity) and an achievement points system (I'm looking at you, HoMM 6)? No thanks. For a dynamic world, more content, higher resolution textures, etc? I have an open mind.

But even then... there should be an offline option with less features. At the very least, HoMM 6 is always online if you want all the features, but you can still play offline without them.
Speaking of Bioware and Facebook...

38hk.jpg

It's amazing how that 9% can make all the difference, but Tits 75% or GTFO is the way of CAG.

Unless it's Boob Wars coming soon to the Groupees Ecchi Bundle. Then it really is Tits or GTFO.

Disclaimer: The Groupees Ecchi bundle does not exist (for now) but Boob Wars is a real game.
Can't we all just get along, by virtue of having nipples?

If there's most options offline, a few more options online - I'd be fine w/ that. I don't want my game years down the road to be a coaster or a paperweight b/c some company goes out of business.

I'm fine w/ Cloud Saves support - as long as game saves can be saved locally to my PC + also up to the Cloud.
Eh, that's the thing. If it's a "few more options", it's pointless to even require always online function anyways. It's only if it adds dramatic changes to the game (like I listed above) that it would be worthwhile.

Speaking of Bioware and Facebook...

38hk.jpg
[customspoiler= My response to that. ]
look-at-all-the-fucks-i-give-anakin.jpg
[/customspoiler]

well the MP in Mass Effect 3 was surprisingly really good, so if the Dragon Age MP is on the same level I wouldn't be complaining ^_^
While the ME3 MP was good...

...back when I played it (i.e a month or 2 or so after ME3's release), the MP at that felt like it lacked variety of maps & objectives.

Of course, I do say that a lot for games that include a MP these days (i.e. Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2), when the game's not heavily modded and not-heavily SDK'd by the community. I remember the old days of Quake 2, RTCW, etc - there were always tons of new maps, mods, and whatnot for a game's competitive MP-portion. Back then, felt like we never were running out of maps, game-modes, and things of that sort in the competitive-MP.

While the ME3 MP was good...

...back when I played it (i.e a month or 2 or so after ME3's release), the MP at that felt like it lacked variety of maps & objectives.

Of course, I do say that a lot for games that include a MP these days (i.e. Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2), when the game's not heavily modded and not-heavily SDK'd by the community. I remember the old days of Quake 2, RTCW, etc - there were always tons of new maps, mods, and whatnot for a game's competitive MP-portion. Back then, felt like we never were running out of maps, game-modes, and things of that sort in the competitive-MP.
well didn't Bioware release a ton of free maps for it post release? I didn't get to it for a while, so by that time there were plenty of maps for my tastes. Objectives, yeah they could have been more varied, but I felt the different classes actually added a lot to changing the feel of the game (more so than most MP I've played, though that isn't saying too much as I'm not typically one to bother with it). Don't get me wrong, I by no means want multiplayer in every or even most games, but since they've already proven they can do MP well I'm not concerned that it will affect the overall quality of the game like some have been in the past.

well didn't Bioware release a ton of free maps for it post release? I didn't get to it for a while, so by that time there were plenty of maps for my tastes. Objectives, yeah they could have been more varied, but I felt the different classes actually added a lot to changing the feel of the game (more so than most MP I've played, though that isn't saying too much as I'm not typically one to bother with it). Don't get me wrong, I by no means want multiplayer in every or even most games, but since they've already proven they can do MP well I'm not concerned that it will affect the overall quality of the game like some have been in the past.
Yes, BioWare did release more map packs later for ME3 MP (many of them were free, too)...

...but by that time, I already was finished w/ ME3.

My concern often w/ competitive-MP these days isn't w/ quality of the MP. Actually, many of them were fine for me.

The problem is they have often very little staying power - often lacking tons of modes and maps. And worst of all - a lot of this happened when companies began clamping down on MP and releasing $DLC, but also forgetting to release SDK's for their games. They probably are/were afraid nobody would buy their $DLC map packs, when everybody would instead just download the free mods.

Like I said, I'm from the old era of PC gaming and modding - i.e. Quake 2, RTCW, Unreal series where many of these games had SDK's released - so, there never felt like we gamers were going to run out of modes, mods, and new maps - the modders just kept flooding the community w/ them.

ME3 turned out to be my favorite multiplayer game since Red Faction.  Sure, it's only co-op horde mode, but with 13 maps (plus another 6 "hazard" variations), over 50 unique characters to play as, and acceptable difficulty levels, it has excellent replayability.

Played the Single player campaign once, then tried multi and 500 hours later, I still haven't touched the extended cut.  Honestly, I don't even care if they make a new story arc for ME4.  I just want more multiplayer.

Redeemed Guncraft into my steam account. Been trying it on Desura some time ago, but now I lost my password and can't find any way to reset it. Also, when you select a mode (offline for example), you can't go back and select another in case of mistake... you need to exit the game in order to do it. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, really.

Also, when you select a mode (offline for example), you can't go back and select another in case of mistake
Sounds like Steam. :p

I still don't get why they can't let you switch between online and offline without having to restart. UPlay even offers this functionality. Friggin UPlay.

Sounds like Steam. :p

I still don't get why they can't let you switch between online and offline without having to restart. UPlay even offers this functionality. Friggin UPlay.

Because it's the Steam client -- a dated slice of shit with a dull presentation and a boring UI that cures me of insomnia when needed.

- I'm on some Lewis Black/RollingSkull-type shit the past couple days. Pass the salt.

That was changed (for the beta client at least) 4 days ago.
No it wasn't. I thought that too at first but when you actually try it it still makes you reboot. If you read the wording it says - change Steam to not require a restart when going from offline mode to online mode at login time so I'm not exactly sure about what this whole changing from offline to online at login time is about but I can absolutely verify if you are in the client and try to go to offline mode it still makes you reboot and vice versa.

Because it's the Steam client -- a dated slice of shit with a dull presentation and a boring UI that cures me of insomnia when needed.

- I'm on some Lewis Black/RollingSkull-type shit the past couple days. Pass the salt.
With maybe a dash of Moobycat bahumbug on the side?

[customspoiler='In Mooby's World']
3s0wpg.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Actually, I finished the main storyline by accident. I wasn't paying attention, didn't check my guide, and so I had no idea I was on the final quest of the main storyline. I beat it, and I was annoyed with myself. When I finish the main storyline in any game, I usually don't feel like playing the game anymore. And that happened.
This! It's only a few games to I feel stongly enough to tied up some loose ends after finishing the main story. Only Hitman Abs and SR3 immediately come to mind.

Is it bad that I don't care about having Cherry Tree High Comedy on Steam (since I got the Desura key from Groupees) but kept it anyway since the cardzzz pay more than I could get selling it on its own? Gaben bucks make me feel dirty...but I kinda like it.
Don't forget that there are now Steam badges for game hoarding =D

Ugh, I hate FPS and I hate clowns so I tried really hard to avoid Payday over the kajillion times it was on sale. Of course then someone gifts it to me.

I'm sure I will get stuck with the sequel at some point in spite of my coulrophobia, The only positive side is it will be at least a couple of months (I hope) before it gets sold cheap and CAGs are too cheap to gift it at full price.

75% off or bust.
Did someone mention bust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7NgzBZd8g

Don't forget that there are now Steam badges for game hoarding =D

I proudly display mine as my "main badge" or whatever it's called :D

Thanks for the link! I like their little graphic when you enter your amount. Definitely made me up my pledge.
See and it had the opposite effect on me. If you're going to try to guilt me for giving you a dollar then I just won't give you my dollar.

Truthfully with no Desura key and it being questionable when/if it may get Greenlit I was on the fence anyway, but the toothless mouse and 'well I guess it's okay, it might just barely cover costs. Don't worry if we have enough food to eat. We'll be fine. Really. Go ahead. Just pay $1. It's okay [stomach gurgling out of hunger]'* spiel they give was enough to turn me off.

* not a direct quote obviously but that's how it made me feel.

Found this on SPUF (posted by tannersarms).

There might be an X Series Humble Bundle/Weekly Deal coming soon..

X Universe Bundle A
X3: Reunion
X: Beyond the Frontier
X2: The Threat
X-Tension
SteamDB Unknown App 229330

X Universe Bundle B
X3: Albion Prelude
X3: Terran Conflict
X-SuperBox Bonus Material
Cool.

It seems more like a weekly sale to me, but the bundle today ends at 11 AM which is the usual start time. Generally, bundles end a few hours after that. I was wondering earlier if we were going right into another one.

Yay more games cheap (that I'm unlikely to get around to.)

It seems more like a weekly sale to me, but the bundle today ends at 11 AM which is the usual start time. Generally, bundles end a few hours after that. I was wondering earlier if we were going right into another one.
Due to the tight focus on a single game series, it looks like a weekly. Even the single-developer-focused non-weeklies have more variety.

That would be nice, but I'm not buying it. He could have just been listing big games. As much as I don't want to settle or weaker graphics, I'm gonna keep my PS3 pre-order.
I doubt the PC version will come out this fall, if it were we would of heard some kind of announcement by now. I think R* is focused on finishing up the console versions and will probably start working on the PC port once those have been released. I will be keeping my PS3 pre-order for now.

Love the M.I.A. avatar by the way.

What strikes me is that he is "Chris Evenden, Nvidia’s senior director of investor relations," so saying that erroneously is a dick move. GTA is obviously huge.

This is also a story on ign.

During the course of this call, we may make forward-looking statements based on the current expectations. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of significant risks and uncertainties and our actual results may differ materially. For a discussion of factors that could affect our future financial results and businesses, please refer to the disclosure in today's earnings release, our Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended April 28, 2013, and the reports we may file from time to time on Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

All our statements are made as of today, August 8, 2013, based on information available to us as of today and except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update any such statements. Unless otherwise noted, all references to market research and market share numbers throughout the call come from Mercury Research or Jon Peddie Research.
who knows

See and it had the opposite effect on me. If you're going to try to guilt me for giving you a dollar then I just won't give you my dollar.

Truthfully with no Desura key and it being questionable when/if it may get Greenlit I was on the fence anyway, but the toothless mouse and 'well I guess it's okay, it might just barely cover costs. Don't worry if we have enough food to eat. We'll be fine. Really. Go ahead. Just pay $1. It's okay [stomach gurgling out of hunger]'* spiel they give was enough to turn me off.

* not a direct quote obviously but that's how it made me feel.
It'd be awesome if that were the direct quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back