The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
That he's not really in Chicago... it's always referred to as Chicagoland (not Chicago area)... like Disneyland but with bigger and meaner thugs.

#SouthSideRepresentin (before it got partially gentrified in the early aughties)
never lived anywhere else. I grew up about 5 miles from ohare. Moved a little bit further out once I started my own family.

Where's the downvote button for clowns that think they are hot shit because of what they own? He made a general statement about CAG being a very small part of consumers in total. Get over yourself.

just saying I'm not in Bosie and even the people who are not cheap about games that I know think this is a bad sale just like they all thought the steam summer sale sucked...

Here's one of those Bosie windows I have..., Lazy day with the kids!

1234444-vi.jpg

Dope braggadocio. You're radio-ready, my man.

BALLLLLLLIIINNNN!!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/kristina-susana-raygoza/jim-jones-we-fly-high-ballin[/soundcloud]

So I played some Rogue Legacy yesterday, and it's definitely fun but just really hard. My reflexes suck these days. Not Spelunky hard since you are making progress with each new life, but hard. Going to take some practice but at least I feel like I'm improving.

I'm not really sold on the character traits, though. Most of them feel like they do nothing gameplay-wise. Maybe I'll run into some more game changing ones in the future, though.

It's a good pick up but I'm sure it will inevitably be in a Humble Bundle. If I was a fan of games likes Spelunky I would probably be more into it.

So I played some Rogue Legacy yesterday, and it's definitely fun but just really hard. My reflexes suck these days. Not Spelunky hard since you are making progress with each new life, but hard.
"Ignore Settings" under your user name at the top of the page. Then add member's name.

The Activision sale banner is very misleading!  It advertises "check back each day for new daily deals" instead of "check back each day for one meh discount"

its good to know if i ever need a guy to draft me a  list of expensive things hes heard of that have windows all i need to do is accuse him of being from idaho

You guys need to look out your window if they have those in Boise.

Do you not understand the sliver of a niche we inhabit?
You do realize that only 2 of Activision's games that are currently on sale are even in the top 20 top selling games on steam. One of those, Deadpool, is at 11 and the other, Black Ops 2, is at 15.

You do realize that only 2 of Activision's games that are currently on sale are even in the top 20 top selling games on steam. One of those, Deadpool, is at 11 and the other, Black Ops 2, is at 15.
I'm surprised that any call of duty is in the top 20, just because I've always had the perception that anybody who really wants those games tends to buy them right away, so who the heck would actually wait until 10 months after it releases to get a 25% discount?

I really enjoyed Absolution, I've barely scratched the older Hitman games. Add me on Steam "asheskitty" if you want some decent scores to play against on Hitman Abs.

If you don't own Sleepy Dogs or Tome Reader, I'd strongly recommend that pack. For Hitman Abs, SD, & TR the DLC doesn't add much and is easily skipped. The base games are great, I've beat them all.

I succumbed to $1 for the Humble Weekly... it's not that I really wanted Shadow Warrior or Duke Nukem 3D complete... it's that I'm sure I'd regret passing them up (maybe kinda sorta) more than I'd miss $1.
Hitman: Ab, Sleeping Dogs, and TR 2013 are all really good. That pack's insane, if you're missing games from it.

I already own SW: Complete from GOG & DN3D Atomic from both Retail + GOG - and I'm still thinking about dropping $1 to get the 3 missing DN3D expansions & just to put both on Steam.

BTW - did you ever find your "fix?" Did you buy any games?

Or did you just look into your backlog and pick out something to play?

I'm surprised that any call of duty is in the top 20, just because I've always had the perception that anybody who really wants those games tends to buy them right away, so who the heck would actually wait until 10 months after it releases to get a 25% discount?
People are "somewhat" like us - those who don't wanna pay full-price for the yearly COD's.

I say "somewhat" b/c most of us will wait for a MUCH better deal on a COD PC game - like say when Microcenter had Black Ops 2 a month back or so for $10; when TRU had MW3 for $10 during their PC blowout last year; on when Amazon had MW2 for around $5 on V-Day that one year.

Huntsman Quickplay:

Wait on this.  Definitely until the 31st when the "full" game is released and possible more. 

The game doesn't have much in the way of explanations and I don't think there is any save system. 

Some bugs like you can look inside of furniture by just running into it.  When you get on a ladder you press up to do down and down to go up.

I'm not even sure if there is even much to actually do in the game right now since I wasn't able to find the graveyard and I think it might still be locked.  There's back story to be heard but I don't really like how they present it and even that part is glitchy. 

They do hint at the October 31st features in game which is neat I guess, but I think they just released this when they did because they wanted the Friday the 13th and Halloween tie ins. 

If someone found the save feature or if I'm missing something, let me know.  I spent 30 minutes just wandering around. 

Hitman: Ab, Sleeping Dogs, and TR 2013 are all really good. That pack's insane, if you're missing games from it.
Dude, when I saw this pack announced my head almost exploded. The only game I truly wanted was Tomb Raider. It's actually at the top of my steam wishlist. I've always been really intrigued by Sleeping Dogs, though, and Absolution seems like it could be a decent enough game. Considering Tomb Raider is 12.50 when it's on sale on Steam, it's hard to beat getting the three of them for another couple bucks. For sure picking this pack up.

BTW - did you ever find your "fix?" Did you buy any games?

Or did you just look into your backlog and pick out something to play?
Cleaning! And chalk outlines where some people used to be.

Play?!? Are you nuts? Playing games won't get me my fix.

They do hint at the October 31st features in game which is neat I guess, but I think they just released this when they did because they wanted the Friday the 13th and Halloween tie ins.
Friday 13th travelers take chance on flight 666 to HEL

way cooler

Fez Quickplay:

This game could only be made by a devil...j/k

I need to get a controller and try this again because I assume it's 10000000x better with a controller. Default controls are pretty bad with kb/m.  Art is not bad to honestly it's way too cluttered and the colors aren't coordinated well enough.  Gameplay is simple, which I actually don't mind, but we'll see. 

Dude, when I saw this pack announced my head almost exploded. The only game I truly wanted was Tomb Raider. It's actually at the top of my steam wishlist. I've always been really intrigued by Sleeping Dogs, though, and Absolution seems like it could be a decent enough game. Considering Tomb Raider is 12.50 when it's on sale on Steam, it's hard to beat getting the three of them for another couple bucks. For sure picking this pack up.
TR 2013 and Hitman Ab are both trying to reinvent their own series. They both takes steps in different directions, when compared to previous entries in the series. IMHO - for the most part, both succeed. In a few other ways, there's a few things that are clearly lacking and missing from previous entries.

Sleeping Dogs is just awesome - that's the real gem in that game pack, IMHO.

For that price - that pack is insane. All 3 are VERY high quality games.

Cleaning! And chalk outlines where some people used to be.
Playing Hitman: Ab again, I presume? ;)

Play?!? Are you nuts? Playing games won't get me my fix.
Backlog Queen, yes? ;)

Both buying & playing games - get me my fix. :D

Especially buying cheap games.

Especially playing great games.

Especially when the 2 above lines works together in perfect harmony - when I buy a great game cheap!

Random sidenote: Just finished Baldur's Gate Enhanced like 10 minutes ago. Final boss battle is pretty brutal. If anybody has never played Baldur's Gate, you should probably get on that...may want to wait until it's on sale again, though. It's totalllly worth the 5 bucks I spent on it. My playthrough was about 80 hours.

Random sidenote: Just finished Baldur's Gate Enhanced like 10 minutes ago. Final boss battle is pretty brutal. If anybody has never played Baldur's Gate, you should probably get on that...may want to wait until it's on sale again, though. It's totalllly worth the 5 bucks I spent on it. My playthrough was about 80 hours.
I don't have BG:EE yet, but I do have the old BG [Original] on like 5 CD's somewhere.

But yeah, that game is great - and that last battle is TOUGH as hell.

Amazing game.

BG2 is great, as well.

TOB is one of the best expansions I've ever played.

Yeah, I've just been selling cards off since the started w/them. I've probably made around three dollars selling them off. Think of it this way, apply it to a game you DO want when it's on sale. For example, let's say I wanted to buy Rogue Legacy right now: instead of 40 percent off, I've essentially just crafted myself a 20% off Rogue Legacy coupon by selling off my cards, making it in total 60 percent off.
Screw that, I'd rather use it to get free bacon and moonshine.

Tempted by deadpool since it'd come out to about $5 after card money. But not sure if its worth it or not.
might wanna talk to Tony in the Amazon thread, maybe he could bundle it again with 4 other games for about $2 / game, and several of them have cards. http://www.amazon.com/5-Game-Arcade-Indie-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0

Oh damn it, have this confused with Deadlight. So, anyone is it worth $5 for Deadpool?

I don't have BG:EE yet, but I do have the old BG [Original] on like 5 CD's somewhere.

But yeah, that game is great - and that last battle is TOUGH as hell.

Amazing game.

BG2 is great, as well.

TOB is one of the best expansions I've ever played.
Everything I've read claims BG2 is even better. I'm giving D&D games a bit of a break, for now. I got BG2, Icewind Dale 1/2, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Neverwinter 1/2 when GOG had a D&D sale a few weeks ago, so lord knows I have enough of them. I'll play another few games then dive into Icewind Dale, then play something else before getting into BG2. I'm tempted to play the Baldur's Gate reloaded mod that's on Neverwinter 2. Shizz looks crazy.

Screw that, I'd rather use it to get free bacon and moonshine.

might wanna talk to Tony in the Amazon thread, maybe he could bundle it again with 4 other games for about $2 / game, and several of them have cards. http://www.amazon.com/5-Game-Arcade-Indie-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0

Oh damn it, have this confused with Deadlight. So, anyone is it worth $5 for Deadpool?
Good luck w/ trying to get Tony to convince Activision to do a major price-slashing sale like that. ;)

Actvision doesn't even know what game bundling and 75% off sales are. ;)

Hell, they (Activision) barely know what 50% off means. ;)

Everything I've read claims BG2 is even better. I'm giving D&D games a bit of a break, for now. I got BG2, Icewind Dale 1/2, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Neverwinter 1/2 when GOG had a D&D sale a few weeks ago, so lord knows I have enough of them. I'll play another few games then dive into Icewind Dale, then play something else before getting into BG2. I'm tempted to play the Baldur's Gate reloaded mod that's on Neverwinter 2. Shizz looks crazy.
Yeah, BG2 is even better than BG1 - even the story-telling and writing is MUCH better in BG2.

Anyways, yeah - I don't recommend after doing any long games, you do another of the same right afterwards. I'd even recommend hoping to a different genre entirely. Space them out.

For NWN games - I loved NWN1: Hordes expansion; really liked NWN2 (base game); and loved NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

If you ain't played Planescape: Torment - make sure some day, you eventually get around to that.

Yeah, BG2 is even better than BG1 - even the story-telling and writing is MUCH better in BG2.

Anyways, yeah - I don't recommend after doing any long games, you do another of the same right afterwards. I'd even recommend hoping to a different genre entirely. Space them out.

For NWN games - I loved NWN1: Hordes expansion; really liked NWN2 (base game); and loved NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer.

If you ain't played Planescape: Torment - make sure some day, you eventually get around to that.
Whoops, forgot, picked up Planescape too during that sale. Everything I've read about Planescape, people just rave about it. I'm looking forward to that more than anything from that sale. I played it for about 5 minutes while trying to set up a widescreen mod, and I could tell right away it'd be interesting just because the setting is so different.

what kind of mature grown up cancels a game over internet trolling?
The kind with opportunities to do something more satisfying with his life? I don't follow the ins-and-outs of Stanley Phil Fish drama, but what I've seen seems to be 10% personality issues and 90% entitled internet dogpiling. Considering that I only see a fraction of the abuse he gets, I can't blame him for walking away. Videogames just aren't that important.

The kind with opportunities to do something more satisfying with his life? I don't follow the ins-and-outs of Stanley Phil Fish drama, but what I've seen seems to be 10% personality issues and 90% entitled internet dogpiling. Considering that I only see a fraction of the abuse he gets, I can't blame him for walking away. Videogames just aren't that important.

I'm a tree-hugger.

Good luck w/ trying to get Tony to convince Activision to do a major price-slashing sale like that. ;)

actiivson knows it dont want to use it i got transformer war for cyberton for 75% off in steam nov sale. singularity in ldotw sale on amazon. so i think they do but dont want to

Truth...then again, they don't really need to.

Was on board until that last bit. As amazing as the game seems to be, anything longer than 20 or so hours...isn't going to happen right now :joystick:

Maybe they just hold off on sales because they want more winky faces in your posts ;)

Was on board until that last bit. As amazing as the game seems to be, anything longer than 20 or so hours...isn't going to happen right now :joystick:

Maybe they just hold off on sales because they want more winky faces in your posts ;)
I hear that. I like to mix longer games w/shorter ones, or play two games simultaneously. Playing through Baldur's Gate kind of fell into my lap, though. I have this job where I take care of an autistic adult all weekend (I'm there now). I live in his house, which is provided by a state agency. I take my laptop w/me, and play games on there. My laptop doesn't have very good specs, so when I'm here the time really lends itself well to playing games like BG, which doesn't need a very good computer to run it. Recently this guy's been sleeping a lot, so I've gotten to put in like 12-15 hours per shift the past couple weeks. Yes, I get paid to play video games, essentially. Sweet deal.

Looks like a big uptick on ramnit.a the past couple days. AVG just grabbed it from my Gratuitous Space Battles folder. Could be a false positive, but just be on the lookout.

The dev says false positive caused by an AVG update. I think he said it's affecting a few other games as well. It seems safe enough to leave the file be if you want to play those specific games. I'll leave it locked up until it's sorted since I'm not worried about playing GSB at the moment.

Looks like a big uptick on ramnit.a the past couple days. AVG just grabbed it from my Gratuitous Space Battles folder. Could be a false positive, but just be on the lookout.

The dev says false positive caused by an AVG update. I think he said it's affecting a few other games as well. It seems safe enough to leave the file be if you want to play those specific games. I'll leave it locked up until it's sorted since I'm not worried about playing GSB at the moment.
hmmm, same thing here

"";"Virus identified Win32/Ramnit.A, D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\gratuitous space battles\fmodex.dll";"Secured"

hmmm, same thing here
"";"Virus identified Win32/Ramnit.A, D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\gratuitous space battles\fmodex.dll";"Secured"
[customspoiler="Virus.. gonna kill ya"]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_0eQZGitA[/customspoiler]

Playing Hitman: Ab again, I presume? ;)

Backlog Queen, yes? ;)

Both buying & playing games - get me my fix. :D

Especially buying cheap games.
Especially playing great games.
Especially when the 2 above lines works together in perfect harmony - when I buy a great game cheap!
Um uh, yeah, playing Hitman Abs

<quietly pockets her fibrewire>

Backlog Queen... that sounds almost dirty. :lol:

It's like the difference between needing a cup of Colombian and needing a line of Colombian... they don't quite hit the same need.

Actually I was thinking in light of "The V" getting it's console release this week that I'd finally play EFLC (Lost and the Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony). After completing GTA4 I was in no mood for more GTA4 for a very long time.

Actually I was thinking in light of "The V" getting it's console release this week that I'd finally play EFLC (Lost and the Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony). After completing GTA4 I was in no mood for more GTA4 for a very long time.
The episodes are WAY better than the main game. For one, they're only about 8-10 hours long each (plus side activities if you're keen), so you won't get bored. The missions are way more varied and fun, the new weapons are great (auto shotty with explosive rounds? Yes please), the characters are great (all GTA characters are, except for Brucie, he can die in a fire) and the stories are interesting enough to see through. And this may be all in my head, but I swear it ran better than the GTA4 main game.

All in all, I had a thousand times more fun with EFLC than I did with GTA4. But Saints Row 3 is still the most fun you can have in an open world game (haven't played 4 yet).

Just got an android smartphone yesterday. Spent a while this morning combining all my Humble Bundle purchases under one account, and then downloading a few games onto my device. Canabalt HD is pretty good, but I like endless runners.

The episodes are WAY better than the main game. For one, they're only about 8-10 hours long each (plus side activities if you're keen), so you won't get bored. The missions are way more varied and fun, the new weapons are great (auto shotty with explosive rounds? Yes please), the characters are great (all GTA characters are, except for Brucie, he can die in a fire) and the stories are interesting enough to see through. And this may be all in my head, but I swear it ran better than the GTA4 main game.

All in all, I had a thousand times more fun with EFLC than I did with GTA4. But Saints Row 3 is still the most fun you can have in an open world game (haven't played 4 yet).
See, what I liked about GTA4 (base game) was that it was more grounded than previous GTA's - especially given how ridiculous and over-the-top SR's direction has been especially since SR3. I'm glad that GTA series & SR series have been so different for these open-world crime games, of late. Both the GTA series and SR3 have been great, IMHO.

About GTA: EFLC - only played Ballad of Gay Tony DLC, which I thought was awesome. Gameplay-wise, that felt like the closest thing to Vice City that I've seen in years; and we all know Vice City is my favorite GTA game period. I know I've said this before on numerous occasions. Of course, I should check out TLATD - especially w/ GTA5 console release right around the corner!

Dammit - when's that PC version of GTA5 coming? ;) GTA5 certainly looks awesome. Rockstar should ditch G4WL (which they used in GTA4) and just straight-up use Steamworks. Of course, knowing Rockstar - you know they'll cram RSSC into a PC version of their game if they do release a GTA5 PC version, too.

EDIT:

Um uh, yeah, playing Hitman Abs

<quietly pockets her fibrewire>

Backlog Queen... that sounds almost dirty. :lol:

It's like the difference between needing a cup of Colombian and needing a line of Colombian... they don't quite hit the same need.

LOL @ Backlog Queen joke. : - X

Oh, you and your fibrewire - please don't choke me out. You need someone to race against online, you know! :p

Yeah, your "play them GTA4 Episodes" is a good idea. I certainly do need to go play TLATD DLC. I already played Ballad of Gay Tony DLC and loved it - closest thing to Vice City of late in terms of gameplay (a bit over-the-top), IMHO.

I'm a tree-hugger.
[customspoiler="Virus.. gonna kill ya"]
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Still prefer the "original"...] [/customspoiler]
These button things are like a secret society to me since they don't work on mobile. I'm guessing it's for the best in most instances.

Also, mobile needs multi quote. Just to do this I have to quote a post, copy the text, back out, quote the next post, paste the copied text, copy the text, back out, so on and so forth until all posts are quoted together. Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back