The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how Gaben gives MS so much shit about their OS, but the fucking Steam client provides no native mechanism to delete shit from your inventory. They can't even make a client worth a crap, and they want to design a whole OS GUI? lolz
Exactly. They can't give us basic features in the client how can they design a whole OS.

They could go the route of Boxee though and only support the hardware devices or add features to that.

I just got my family sharing beta email. I was in the first 400. I assume they're sticking with the first 1,000 in this wave as they initially said.

Meh. The only way this will truly work is if they get a bulk discount on parts and pass the savings on, otherwise there will really be no benefit compared to building your own. Unless it's part for part cheaper from them, what's the point? Plus steamOS is still Linux.... So there's that.

how im supppose to get badge if i dont have game pad an d wont waste on it any way emulate the keyboard and mouse to be controller to make it work?

how im supppose to get badge if i dont have game pad an d wont waste on it any way emulate the keyboard and mouse to be controller to make it work?
I'm guessing they set up these restrictions to narrow the target audience of beta testers to try and get better feedback by weeding out the people that just want free shit. (No offense, cause I have a gamepad, but mainly just want free shit.)

I just got my family sharing beta email. I was in the first 400. I assume they're sticking with the first 1,000 in this wave as they initially said.
Didn't got invite and was around 1300 or like, so seems like it :(

Wasn't more card betas sent few hours after first batch? So I still have chance... :D

Meh. The only way this will truly work is if they get a bulk discount on parts and pass the savings on, otherwise there will really be no benefit compared to building your own. Unless it's part for part cheaper from them, what's the point? Plus steamOS is still Linux.... So there's that.
I have to admit, I'm a little more curious than I initially was. While I'll always build my own desktop and will likely be at my desk for the majority of my gaming, I can't say I wouldn't mind having an ancillary device to facilitate streaming to my home theater area at times. But, you're right, it would have to be affordable to even be considered.

I'm guessing they set up these restrictions to narrow the target audience of beta testers to try and get better feedback by weeding out the people that just want free shit. (No offense, cause I have a gamepad, but mainly just want free shit.)
can emulator fixed the game pad problem tho cause game pad isnt cheap tho lol

Uh.. so I read the user guide, and I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but it sounds like you need to log into your account on your friends device to share your library.. doesn't that make this feature entirely pointless?

If another Steam user has installed a game on your shared computer, you can log into Steam on this device using your own account and send a sharing request. To do this, visit your library, where you’ll see your friend’s installed games. Select the Play button to launch a request form. Once sent, this will send an email message to the account holder.
If I'm wrong, then someone please tell me how we're supposed to send share requests, because the user guide is shit.

Exactly. They can't give us basic features in the client how can they design a whole OS.

They could go the route of Boxee though and only support the hardware devices or add features to that.
That's probably so people don't lose their stuff through malicious actions.

Like an angry ex logging into your account and deleting all your inventories. :p

Uh.. so I read the user guide, and I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but it sounds like you need to log into your account on your friends device to share your library.. doesn't that make this feature entirely pointless?

If I'm wrong, then someone please tell me how we're supposed to send share requests, because the user guide is shit.
That seems to be what you need to do. I was able to share games with my second account, but it doesn't seem that I can share with anyone on my friends list.

I'm not in yet (around 1200 or so), but this is exactly what I do now. I use my account on my desktop, my laptop, and my wife's laptop. We obviously can't be playing at the same time, but that seems to basically be what family sharing is, according to your description.

So this literally is family share only...lol...
People might not think this is a big deal, but it's huge for me. I've got my main gaming PC at my desk in one room. But my wife and I also have a "mainly HTPC with some modest gaming" tower in the living room. My wife likes totally different games from me (Sims 3, Civilization, etc). I've been buying these games on my Steam account, obviously because it makes more sense to maintain a single library. Now, she can play her games on the living room PC and I can play mine without having to "trick" Steam with offline mode or whatever. This type of stuff just makes Steam that much more welcoming for people migrating over from consoles and should definitely help Steam's growth moving forward.

People might not think this is a big deal, but it's huge for me. I've got my main gaming PC at my desk in one room. But my wife and I also have a "mainly HTPC with some modest gaming" tower in the living room. My wife likes totally different games from me (Sims 3, Civilization, etc). I've been buying these games on my Steam account, obviously because it makes more sense to maintain a single library. Now, she can play her games on the living room PC and I can play mine without having to "trick" Steam with offline mode or whatever. This type of stuff just makes Steam that much more welcoming for people migrating over from consoles and should definitely help Steam's growth moving forward.
Sounds good until you both want to play something from your "shared" library at the same time.

I mean, this makes sense. If people really thought it was going to be "share all your games remotely with everyone on your friends list" they were nuts. That'd destroy sales.

For the Steam OS badge, anyone want to add me to their friend's list? I'm 3 short of the 10. Should be username mikeja or professionalnerd.
I added you because you can't have just ten friends. And remember friends are like games. Hoard them, don't play them. Or something.

Escape Goat Steam keys are coming for people that bought it in bundles/Humble Store/Desura. I bought the Indie Royale it was in and got my Steam key from my collection page using the Desura client.

Beginning in 2014, there will be multiple SteamOS machines to choose from, made by different manufacturers, anyone feels this is like deja vu of 3DO consoles?

Wait, what? Escape Goat 1?

Edit:

"The game you have redeemed does not allow you to request additional keys."

WHAT D:

I think the benefit is for people that don't feel comfortable building their own PC but want to play games on one. It's sorta like someone that goes to Walmart and grabs the first computer they see simply because it's easy, only with this at least they should be getting something halfway decent.

For most of the PC gaming audience though you're probably right, and I don't expect many will stop building/upgrading their custom builds and switch over. It's Valve trying to corner the console market, but with so many questions unanswered I can't say with any certainty what their chances are of it succeeding.

Wait, what? Escape Goat 1?

Edit:

"The game you have redeemed does not allow you to request additional keys."

WHAT D:
Yeah, I just got hit with:

"You need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased."

I'm guessing that Spoder either bought Escape Goat directly through desura, or he grabbed his steam key before they closed a loophole.

Yeah, I just got hit with:
"You need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased."

I'm guessing that Spoder either bought Escape Goat directly through desura, or he grabbed his steam key before they closed a loophole.
No, you need to view the collection page through the Desura client. Doesn't work through web browser, I tried.

I stated that I got it from Indie Royale and used the Desura client in my previous post ;)

No, you need to view the collection page through the Desura client. Doesn't work through web browser, I tried.

I stated that I got it from Indie Royale and used the Desura client in my previous post ;)
Well, that worked. I now have Steam Sub 30711 - er, Escape Goat, in my account. :p

So you grabbed your key before they closed a loophole. :p

How do I get to the key page through the client again?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it. Got my key. Thanks spoder.

I don't think it's a loophole, it's just a crappy effect of how their key system is set up with Indie Royale, I think I've done the same thing with other games too.. I'm just used to using the collection page from the client.

1. Open the client
2. Click on the blue button at the top left
3. Click on History>Gifts History
4. Click on the "your collection" link in blue

I don't think it's a loophole, it's just a side effect of the crappy way their key system is tied with Indie Royale. I've done it with other games too, I'm just used to using the desura client to view keys.

1. Open the client

Went ahead and picked up Kings Bounty Platinum since it was 75% off. Hope it was a good purchase, reviews seem good

UtefBcd.png

I don't think it's a loophole, it's just a crappy effect of how their key system is set up with Indie Royale, I think I've done the same thing with other games too.. I'm just used to using the collection page from the client.

1. Open the client
This seems to be exactly the same as http://www.desura.com/collection which you can access with any browser. Are you saying if you access this page with the Desura client you can see keys that are *not* shown when looking at it using a browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back