The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Final announcement: Steam Controller

I believe that this is a mistake. Maybe it'll be good, but it's going to be the controller I use for games that don't work well with my 360 pad unless I use one and am completely and utterly surprised.

SteamController.jpg
This to me seems like the only actual worthwhile thing they have announced. A great controller for the couch junkies is pretty much the holy grail for games that demand mouse and keyboard.

This to me seems like the only actual worthwhile thing they have announced. A great controller for the couch junkies is pretty much the holy grail for games that demand mouse and keyboard.
It kind of looks like it was made for all of those nipple touching simulators on the market. I hope the haptic feedback is good.

Plus if the left thumb pad can accurately emulate wasd, that will be the clincher for me. Playing older fps games or others that demand wasd.... I HATE wasd with a passion and current emulation techniques on like joypad and such don't do any behind the scenes work to blend the 4 directions. If this controller can, I am a thousand times sold.

Is this compatible w/a Pc or do you *need* the Steambox? Apparently it can trick older games into thinking it's a mouse/keyboard? That'd be pretty cool, I guess. I tend to play my PC games through my TV in my room, and sit on my bed/futon/piece of crap with a little tray I sit on my lap for my mouse/keyboard...so a controller that takes out the mouse/keyboard for a few more games would be nice.

Is this compatible w/a Pc or do you *need* the Steambox? Apparently it can trick older games into thinking it's a mouse/keyboard? That'd be pretty cool, I guess. I tend to play my PC games through my TV in my room, and sit on my bed/futon/piece of crap with a little tray I sit on my lap for my mouse/keyboard...so a controller that takes out the mouse/keyboard for a few more games would be nice.

It does say right in the article that it's all versions of steam, but I will just relay the info instead of being a jerk cuz I'm tired.

It kind of looks like it was made for all of those nipple touching simulators on the market. I hope the haptic feedback is good.

Those things feel more realistic than touching my own nipples.

Plus if the left thumb pad can accurately emulate wasd, that will be the clincher for me. Playing older fps games or others that demand wasd.... I HATE wasd with a passion and current emulation techniques on like joypad and such don't do any behind the scenes work to blend the 4 directions. If this controller can, I am a thousand times sold.

What do you mean? Like, 4-way or 8-way? Tried Xpadder?

I think it's intriguing that each trackpad appears to have two distinct clickable areas and that the touchscreen has customizable quadrants. Oh, and the grip buttons, cool. Color me as actually interested.

It does say right in the article that it's all versions of steam, but I will just relay the info instead of being a jerk cuz I'm tired.
Wordd, my bad. Instead of clicking on the link and reading the article like a normal person who dictates their decisions by common logic, I looked at the picture and went to rockpapershotgun and pcgamer to see if they had more info.

i'm gonna play twitch based fps like cs:go and get utterly destroyed by people playing with kb+m because gaben told me that's the future of pc gaming :)

Those things feel more realistic than touching my own nipples.

What do you mean? Like, 4-way or 8-way? Tried Xpadder?
I have never been able to get xpadder or any emulator to make wasd movement feel like thumb stick movement. 8 way still means there are only 8 distinct directions it can go, a thumb stick blends them all to variable degrees based on where the thumb stick is located.... Simply analog vs digital. I can't stand the digital movement of wasd when compared to the clean analog movement of a thumb stick. I put up with it when I have no other options, but if this touchpad can truly blend it into feeling analog, I would be SO happy.

Y'all get wind of a game that added cards today?

Enhanced Stizzle says I'm entitled to 7 drops from 2 games although all I see is 4 from 1.

I have never been able to get xpadder or any emulator to make wasd movement feel like thumb stick movement. 8 way still means there are only 8 distinct directions it can go, a thumb stick blends them all to variable degrees based on where the thumb stick is located.... Simply analog vs digital. I can't stand the digital movement of wasd when compared to the clean analog movement of a thumb stick. I put up with it when I have no other options, but if this touchpad can truly blend it into feeling analog, I would be SO happy.
Not that I'm knowledgeable of such things, but if a game only accepts digital inputs for movements, I don't see how a piece of hardware could override it to accept analog inputs.

Well, the trackpads instead of sticks seem to be a neat idea, but the placement of a,b,x,y buttons is pure bullshit.

Maybe it will make strategy games possible to play with a controller, but it looks for me at least 'incompatible' with games, which were designed for standard controllers like Batmans, Dark Souls etc.

Not that I'm knowledgeable of such things, but if a game only accepts digital inputs for movements, I don't see how a piece of hardware could override it to accept analog inputs.
I can't see why software couldn't simulate it. My personal example is morrowind. It doesn't support controllers since it's older, but has an xbox version so there is something to compare it to, with keyboard the best possible solution is 8 inputs, but couldn't software emulate different degrees like 70% right and 30% down rather than 50% right and 50% down or only 100% up? I can't imagine its impossible, but maybe it is since I haven't found a way to do it yet.

Enhanced Stizzle says I'm entitled to 7 drops from 2 games although all I see is 4 from 1.
Are you qualified for the Hardware Beta yet? Before I completed my tasks, that badge was causing a similar fracas on my drop count.

I can't see why software couldn't simulate it. My personal example is morrowind. It doesn't support controllers since it's older, but has an xbox version so there is something to compare it to, with keyboard the best possible solution is 8 inputs, but couldn't software emulate different degrees like 70% right and 30% down rather than 50% right and 50% down or only 100% up? I can't imagine its impossible, but maybe it is since I haven't found a way to do it yet.
I suppose you'd have to pulse and alternate the input signals to simulate an "analog" movement. Though, I don't think the displayed result would be very fluid or eye pleasing. Of course this is speaking of older games that are of a more singular digital input. Games that allow overlapping signals would be different I'd imagine. But, what the hell do I know.

The problem has never been the keyboard so much as the mouse - there is no way this thing (which is surprisingly small) will emulate a mouse well enough to replace it in FPS games and the like.

prototypes.jpg

The problem has never been the keyboard so much as the mouse - there is no way this thing (which is surprisingly small) will emulate a mouse well enough to replace it in FPS games and the like.

prototypes.jpg
It's probably not the best choice for people playing multiplayer FPS, but I don't think that's what Valve is trying to go for here. They're giving people who want the console experience a way to to do so w/the entire Steam library. It'll, supposedly, work just fine for single player FPS and the like.

That's what they once said about the analog sticks...
And they were right.

It's probably not the best choice for people playing multiplayer FPS, but I don't think that's what Valve is trying to go for here. They're giving people who want the console experience a way to to do so w/the entire Steam library. It'll, supposedly, work just fine for single player FPS and the like.
Maybe it's just me, but aiming with a controller, even in single-player games, just doesn't cut it.

prototypes.jpg
Right now i think I'll keep using my 360 pad for games that were designed with controllers like that in mind. I feel the same way about a touchpad emulating a mouse, but I've never had one ergonomically designed to use with my thumb like I use an analog stick. I'm very interested to try.

Final announcement: Steam Controller

I believe that this is a mistake. Maybe it'll be good, but it's going to be the controller I use only for games that don't work well with my 360 pad unless I use one and am completely and utterly surprised.
Well that's got to be one of the ugliest and weirdest controllers I've ever seen...but I'm sure I'll be buying it for games that don't use a controller (e.g. Point&Click Adventure, The Sims, FTL).

I don't have much of an idea how one would go about enabling it, but you might want to look into using a PS Move Navigation Controller in conjunction with a mouse. To me that's the best of both worlds, provided you can get it to work. I don't see how this new controller will necessarily change the way current Joy2Key and other controller emulators currently map kb/m, but I suppose Valve may have developed something proprietary that can do it better. We won't know until it's released.

Cannon Brawl - Added: 27 September 2013

http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

BTW Psydero, you need to Wiki this bitch ASAP.
Came to post that.

Bundle-In-A-Bawks has a "happy hour" right now where you can get the lower tier for $0.99. It's only gonna run for a few more minutes, and it's gonna be the last one, so if you've been dithering, this is your last chance.

Edit: it's over.

I just wonder how you use the 2 left most buttons of the screen.  This would seem to make it very hard to play any game that actually uses all 4 buttons.  How are you gonna hit those 2 while moving with the left pad

Well, that control scheme is a huge downer. Not a fan of touchpad/screens at all. I was really hoping they'd go more the software route with emulating the mouse and keyboard on a more standardized controller. Stuff like Xpadder and Pinnacle Game Profiler do a pretty good job on most games. Would have rather had something similar integrated into the Steam client.

So did I but I don't think it's gonna go below $5 at this point, so I just went for the $1 tier.
No, not below $5. I should have grabbed it early instead of assuming it'd drop to less than $4. That said, the upper tier has some interesting stuff, enough for me to still go for it.

No, not below $5. I should have grabbed it early instead of assuming it'd drop to less than $4. That said, the upper tier has some interesting stuff, enough for me to still go for it.
Same here - it used to be that the BIAB higher tier price would go *down* the more people bought the bundle, but I guess they figured out that wasn't such a great idea after all so they changed it...

Same here - it used to be that the BIAB higher tier price would go *down* the more people bought the bundle, but I guess they figured out that wasn't such a great idea after all so they changed it...
Were they not using a real average before? I'm sure that the $1.99 minimum is a big part of the average being relatively high for these bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back