The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, are there any zombie games where they don't have the big fat bald dude zombie? He's in every one of these from what I can tell.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/detruire 8-[

$10 and $12.50 respectively? Bit too rich for me. :whistle2:(
It's capcom, it'll be a while before they get lower than that. Revelations is $4.61 in Russia, if you can get it from a trader.. it's RU/CIS but region free for now. I played through both of them and they're both fully worth $10/12.50 to me.

So, for all you gamers - what are the RE6 DLC's & RE:R DLC's that are actually worth getting?
You can safely skip all of the DLC for both games. I don't think many people play the MP DLC modes for RE6. I suppose the character DLC might be worth it to screw around with for RE:R if you play raid mode a lot, but skip the weapons/parts DLC.. the weapons are all level 1 crap. The parts are useful but you can get them from residentevil.net or from playing the game, I think.

Anyone getting Resident Evil 6 should connect their Steam account to residentevil.net. You get a lot of free points/tickets because the Capcom anniversary event is happening right now.

Resident Evil Day -> 50%-75% off RE games

Resident Evil: Revelations = 75% off

RE: Revelations (base game) = $12.49

ALL DLC's = 75% off each.

Resident Evil 6 = 75% off

Resident Evil 6: Complete Edition (RE6 + ALL DLC's) = $12.49

Resident Evil 6 (base game) = $9.99

ALL DLC's = 75% off each.

Resident Evil 5 -> also currently requires G4WL = 75% off -> $4.99

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City -> also currently requires G4WL = 66% off

RE: ORC - Complete Edition (RE:ORC + ALL DLC's) -> $13.59

RE: ORC (base game) = $10.19

ALL DLC's = 66% off each.
RE5 is the only one in my impulse buy range, but I was hoping to start the series with 4 (which I've already mentioned). I've also heard the newer ones are mainly coop focused, which isn't something I do often. Maybe the series just isn't for me :???:

RE5 is the only one in my impulse buy range, but I was hoping to start the series with 4 (which I've already mentioned). I've also heard the newer ones are mainly coop focused, which isn't something I do often. Maybe the series just isn't for me :???:
I ran through Revelations and most of RE5 solo (as I do most/all games, but not that it matters with Rev) and never felt like I was missing anything. That's not to say co-op wouldn't make for a better experience.

I'm tempted on RE6 Complete and RE: Revelations.

About RE:ORC, for me it needs...

1. ...to be cheaper (only 66% off);

2. ...G4WL dropped;

3. ..and/or I need confirmation it'll get MP part moved over completely w/ Steamworks only support.

I ran through Revelations solo (as I do most/all games) and never felt like I was missing anything. That's not to say co-op wouldn't make for a better experience.
Raid mode in RE Revelations isn't that great. Game wasn't made with co-op as the primary focus.. it's kind of silly though, considering you have a useless (seriously, they do no damage) partner character in singleplayer that follows you around..

RE5 and RE6 have a lot of focus on co-op though.

I ran through Revelations and most of RE5 solo (as I do most/all games, but not that it matters with Rev) and never felt like I was missing anything. That's not to say co-op wouldn't make for a better experience.
Yep, I did RE5 solo, as well. Awesome game.

Both RE4 and 5 were awesome, for albeit different reasons.

RE4 was just a great game in every regard, unfortunately not getting a spectacular PC port by any means. Namely - the controls pretty much REQUIRE a gamepad, or FORGET about it! The PC KB/mouse controls are ATROCIOUS.

RE5 might not have been as great of a game as RE4, but it improved so much on the PC port and technical stuff. It's actually decent w/ KB/mouse - even though, I am used to gamepad controls and were fine w/ those. If you liked RE4, you'll probably like this. The girl's AI wasn't spectacular, when playing solo - but it wasn't to the point that I wanted to shut the game off or curse the game out for major stupidities.

Yep, I did RE5 solo, as well. Awesome game.

Both RE4 and 5 were awesome, for albeit different reasons.

RE4 was just a great game in every regard, unfortunately not getting a spectacular PC port by any means. Namely - the controls pretty much require a gamepad, or FORGET it!

RE5 might not have been as great of a game as RE4, but it improved so much on the PC port and technical stuff. It's actually decent w/ KB/mouse - even though, I am used to gamepad controls and were fine w/ those. If you liked RE4, you'll probably like this. The girl's AI wasn't spectacular, when playing solo - but it wasn't to the point that I wanted to shut the game off or curse the game out for major stupidities.
Mehhhh I want RE5 but I'm not getting it w/G4WL on it. It'll get back down to 5 again at some point.

Mehhhh I want RE5 but I'm not getting it w/G4WL on it. It'll get back down to 5 again at some point.
I don't blame you - b/c who knows what the hell's going to happen w/ G4WL.

It would be great if Capcom ported RE5 and RE:ORC over to Steamworks - especially for the Multiplayer stuff (i.e. Co-Op).

What I'd really love is for all of the OLD classic RE's (i.e. RE4 and older) to get PC re-released w/ Steamworks support. That'd be pretty sweet.

It would be great if Capcom ported RE5 and RE:ORC over to Steamworks - especially for the Multiplayer stuff (i.e. Co-Op).

What I'd really love is for all of the OLD classic RE's (i.e. RE4 and older) to get PC re-released w/ Steamworks support. That'd be pretty sweet.
Same, I want those and the old Silent Hills on steam. I haven't played any of them...sad confession.

Give me Code: Veronica (my personal favorite) on Steam and you've made my day.

Same, I want those and the old Silent Hills on steam. I haven't played any of them...sad confession.
Silent Hill is one of my favorite franchises. Two was what solidified my love for the genre. The older one's gameplay/controls aren't the best, but IMO the atmosphere and story are excellent.

Oh, man - SH talk. Thanks for this! :D

We also need Silent Hill 1 released on PC. I have that on original Playstation - and I certainly loved that game. I have SH2, 3, 4, and Homecoming on the PC. IMHO, I think SH1 and SH2 are the best of the SH club - both of those games are great. SH3 is really-really good and a close 3rd with the previous 2 games. While I did like SH4 and thought it was good, it just ain't nowhere as great as the previous 3 games.

I really should play try SH: HC some time. I've had it forever and just ain't touched it, for some reason - even though it's installed. Halloween's coming - might be a good time to get around to it.

I'd love to see some of the SH games that ain't hit the PC come here. :D Come back to PC and join Steam, Konami! :D

u mean capcom port every game to steamworks cough re5 reorc dr series lp1 and 2 . what u mean but for now lol?

Give me Code: Veronica (my personal favorite) on Steam and you've made my day.

Silent Hill is one of my favorite franchises. Two was what solidified my love for the genre. The older one's gameplay/controls aren't the best, but IMO the atmosphere and story are excellent.
Oooh, I'd like to see Code Veronica hit Steam. All of them old RE's - get 'em on Steam, Capcom! :D DO IT! I only have played RE games since RE4 - yeah, I know, way late to the RE party.

SH2 is was what got me majorly into the those horror-game series. It's even what got me into wanting RE. SH2 is actually is what lead me to go find a copy of SH1 for original PSX - which I eventually bought used and cheap; and probably one of the few things I can really want to majorly thank GameStop, I guess. ;)

Side note: I couldn't believe SH1 copy was in such good shape, used and all. It's like whomever owned it barely touched it - and that game been out forever!

It's capcom, it'll be a while before they get lower than that. Revelations is $4.61 in Russia, if you can get it from a trader.. it's RU/CIS but region free for now. I played through both of them and they're both fully worth $10/12.50 to me.

You can safely skip all of the DLC for both games. I don't think many people play the MP DLC modes for RE6. I suppose the character DLC might be worth it to screw around with for RE:R if you play raid mode a lot, but skip the weapons/parts DLC.. the weapons are all level 1 crap. The parts are useful but you can get them from residentevil.net or from playing the game, I think.

Anyone getting Resident Evil 6 should connect their Steam account to residentevil.net. You get a lot of free points/tickets because the Capcom anniversary event is happening right now.
what u mean but for now lol?

what u mean but for now lol?
Well, Valve/Capcom can always make it region restricted later if they want, but it's unlikely since it was region restricted at launch, and later unlocked to be region free.

Even if they did make it restricted again, there'd be a lot of backlash so they'd probably unlock it again or make a new entry in the Steam DB so that older purchases remain unaffected.

u mean capcom port every game to steamworks cough re5 reorc dr series lp1 and 2 . what u mean but for now lol?
Yes, yes, yes!

And this won't just go for Capcom and their games - this should really go for any 3rd-party companies using that crap-tastic G4WL!

Get those G4WL-required games switched over to Steamwork 100% - especially if they have MP to them.

Bioshock 2 PC set the example - now everybody else can & should just follow suit!

Halloween's coming - might be a good time to get around to it.
I've never played Amnesia yet, it's sitting in my backlog. Either October 30th or Halloween night I'm getting a bucket of candy, turning the lights out in my room as soon as it gets dark, and playing it. Happy Halloween :D

I've never played Amnesia yet, it's sitting in my backlog. Either October 30th or Halloween night I'm getting a bucket of candy, turning the lights out in my room as soon as it gets dark, and playing it. Happy Halloween :D
Same here about Amnesia.

Worse yet - I also got all of Penumbra in my Steam backlog, too!

Capcom couldn't even be arsed to port the Resident Evil 5 GOLD content to PC, and you guys expect them to port their older RE games?

Same here about Amnesia.

Worse yet - I also got all of Penumbra in my Steam backlog, too!
Ahh I still have to play Penumbra, as well. Maybe when I'm done the Witcher I'll make October Horror Game Month, those games are shorter so I can probably get through a good bunch of them.

Capcom couldn't even be arsed to port the Resident Evil 5 GOLD content to PC, and you guys expect them to port their older RE games?
I'd really like for them to bring old RE stuff to PC via Steam, but given Capcom's history - doubtful.

We can dream, can't we?

And yes - I'd STILL like RE5: Gold content to get a PC port. And if they did port that here, that RE5: Gold Version better be full-blown Steamworks.

But again - I'm probably dreaming here, right?

I have a question, are there any zombie games where they don't have the big fat bald dude zombie? He's in every one of these from what I can tell.
Resident Evil 6 X Left 4 Dead 2
capsule_lg.jpg

Characters from Left 4 Dead™ 2 have invaded Resident Evil™ 6!

Owners of Resident Evil 6 on Steam are able to select one of four survivors from Left 4 Dead 2’s iconic cast – Coach, Ellis, Nick and Rochelle – when playing PC exclusive mode, The Mercenaries Unlimited No Mercy. Each character will have a special customized weapon load-out created just for use in Resident Evil 6. In addition to the four survivors, infamous Special Infected zombies from the Left 4 Dead franchise also make a cameo appearance in this mode, relentlessly attacking players regardless of whether a character from Left 4 Dead 2 or Resident Evil 6 is chosen. This new and exclusive content is available now to all owners of the PC version of Resident Evil 6. Have fun!

Somebody please make an awful AAA blockbuster called Medieval Zombie Hero.

Psyche. Somebody please kill off those three genres temporarily.

I'd really like for them to bring old RE stuff to PC via Steam, but given Capcom's history - doubtful.

We can dream, can't we?

And yes - I'd STILL like RE5: Gold content to get a PC port. And if they did port that here, that RE5: Gold Version better be full-blown Steamworks.

But again - I'm probably dreaming here, right?
there site for the vs mode use pc game wiki from jshackles enhance steam damn gueess i have to wait for jake nome for rer since the russian guy wont be trading lol

Put those bg/emotes on the market, they'll be gone from your inventory and one day they might sell for a 1 cent profit.
I've had some BG's/Emoticons up on the market for over a month. I know they're technically gone from my inventory, but to me it's just as annoying seeing them listed in the "Active Market Listings" every time I go to the community page.

Thanks to BrownDerby for bringing up Trashbot. It sounds like people can always grab things from Tashbot in return if they truly want it.

I've had some BG's/Emoticons up on the market for over a month. I know they're technically gone from my inventory, but to me it's just as annoying seeing them listed in the "Active Market Listings" every time I go to the community page.

Thanks to BrownDerby for bringing up Trashbot. It sounds like people can always grab things from Tashbot in return if they truly want it.

Gift 'em to spoderman so he'll have something to lay on his late husband's grave.

Well, Valve/Capcom can always make it region restricted later if they want, but it's unlikely since it was region restricted at launch, and later unlocked to be region free.

Even if they did make it restricted again, there'd be a lot of backlash so they'd probably unlock it again or make a new entry in the Steam DB so that older purchases remain unaffected.
well i guess my russian guy wont dont region restricted even tho it region free without ru/cis damn it

The bot only seems to have coupons, not other items.

I'd actually like to buy stuff off CAGs here, there's a bunch of emoticons and BGs I'd like to have but don't want to pay pennies on Steam Market for them. I'd rather pay people through PayPal. :p

Wow, today's Capcom deal is excellent!

Definitely picking up RE6 in some capacity. I might hold off on RE:R for now as it probably won't get touched for awhile in the backlog. It's extremely tempting and resisting will be a struggle. :whee:

Speaking of Silent Hill, I was tempted to pick up a used PS3 copy of Silent Hill HD Collection (2+3 "Remastered"), but I've heard it looks pretty bad and not really "remastered". That would be wonderful if they were ever released on Steam.

Edit: Here's to hoping!

Definitely picking up RE6 in some capacity. I might hold off on RE:R for now as it probably won't get touched for awhile in the backlog. It's extremely tempting and resisting will be a struggle. :whee:

Speaking of Silent Hill, I was tempted to pick up a used PS3 copy of Silent Hill HD Collection (2+3 "Remastered"), but I've heard it looks pretty bad and not really "remastered". That would be wonderful if they were ever released on Steam.
I think the PC versions of Silent Hill are better than the console HD versions. Too bad they aren't on Steam, cuz if you want a physical copy of each game, it's going to cost you quite a bit (at least for SH2).

Edit: Here's to hoping!
do it rer

I think the PC versions of Silent Hill are better than the console HD versions. Too bad they aren't on Steam, cuz if you want a physical copy of each game, it's going to cost you quite a bit (at least for SH2).
I agree, the console version would be a last resort if it was cheap enough. PC versions would definitely be preferred but those are not cheap either. Silent Hill 2 on PC (physical copy) on Amazon is $180 (new), haha.

I found this on NeoGAF for those who might have these games on PC - The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection

While people are talking about Silent Hill. I recently replayed Sillent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 2 on my consoles (the original versions, not the shitty HD remakes.) I liked the first one much better than the second. It just seemed more atmospheric and foreboding to me. Also the story more cryptic and I liked the town better in the first. Silent Hill 2 was also a very good game, but I definitely prefer the first.

While 2 and 3 work well on modern PCs, I think 4 is pretty difficult to get to work. I couldn't manage it. :\

If I had to guess I bet Remember Me is featured tomorrow (-75%) $12.49. What else is really left for Capcom to highlight? Maybe Dead Rising 2 I suppose.

Please feel free to add me to your Steam friends list:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/oingoboingo4fun
Felt free.

Added you. :D

EDIT:

If I had to guess I bet Remember Me is featured tomorrow (-75%) $12.49. What else is really left for Capcom to highlight?
Oh, that'd be cool. :D

Maybe Dead Rising 2 I suppose.
Oh, yeah - Dead Rising 2 + Off The Record. Good points.

I really wish Dead Rising 3 was PC bound.

Oh, and that they'd bring Dead Rising 1 to PC, as well.

Did we have Lost Planet franchise day yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back