The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Steam had an option for automatic game updates that was based on update size. ie

Automatically download updates: Y/N?

If update size is less than X
And/or

if last played less than X days ago

I don't need 2 GB updates for games that I have installed but haven't touched in two years.

Yes, I know you can tell Steam to not update certain games, but it likes to turn that back on for me.

omgomgomgomg, Ticket to Ride apparently added hotseat play! I last looked into it, I think during the Winter sale when Amazon had a super good deal on it, and was sorely disappointed that the PC version didn't offer this. Now it does, yah!

omgomgomgomg, Ticket to Ride apparently added hotseat play! I last looked into it, I think during the Winter sale when Amazon had a super good deal on it, and was sorely disappointed that the PC version didn't offer this. Now it does, yah!
Yep, left beta today actually, was super happy to see that patch ^_^

No Watch Dogs until Spring 2014?!?  Nooooooo...  I am crushed... :fridge: ...literally crushed.  :twoguns: :bomb: :nottalking:

Revelations for $9.99. :whistle2:k
Also on the fence with this one. I want it badly but there are so many new RPG's to play plus my pre-ordered Batman :(

Some console-game renting sucka has another 10% just sitting there via rewards...

Megabyte Punch Steam keys are now available in your game wallet if you bought it from IGS..

and Talisman Prologue has cards now.

Totally forgot about it and that I got it at IGS. I hope it sucks considerably less than it did a year ago. The new screens have me feelin' optimistic.

y she say dat
Megabyte Punch > General Discussions > Topic Details

DecentlyExposedJay
iconGames.png
3 hours ago
Does this game get updates and such?
I've learned decent games update and fix bugs and what not last longer. Is this game one of those games?

Reptile - Tim [developer] 3 hours ago

Yep, we already have a patch planned!

Nice.

Though, I am in the middle of Leon's campaign for RE6 right now.

And, I'm not sure when the hell I might touch RE: Revelations.

I might not wanna look at RE games for a bit of time, after RE6.

Not sure if I should throw in backlog or wait for more price-drops.

At 75% off + extra coupon + this is a Capcom sale (OMG!) - I dunno....

{bangs head on desk}

EDIT:

No Watch Dogs until Spring 2014?!? Nooooooo... I am crushed... :fridge: ...literally crushed. :twoguns: :bomb: :nottalking:
And this is UbiSoft - and I ain't surprised.

No biggie for me.

I don't normally try to buy games release-week or close to it.

EDIT 2:

I know right bro, Ubi Soft is doing some fucked up shit here and its not cool at all. What happens to all those peeps who pre-ordered it already?
They have to keep on waiting, unfortunately.

Translation from Microsoft:

"SteamOS is coming - The SteamMachine device that goes in the living room supports Steam and PC platform also supports Steam - and both of those platforms will play together. We have no choice but to try to compete - and we fail miserably again, like G4WL itself did and especially what Shadowrun FPS did for with G4WL/XBL cross-play."
Glad someone else remembers that. IIRC, Shadowrun on PC also required you to pay for G4WL in order to play multiplayer. Clearly they weren't trying to make any inroads for cross platform play.

Glad someone else remembers that. IIRC, Shadowrun on PC also required you to pay for G4WL in order to play multiplayer. Clearly they weren't trying to make any inroads for cross platform play.
I think Steam has the right intent for PC gaming - SteamMachine basically is a PC w/ equipped w/ a controller (that I bet can use KB/mouse, if gamers wants) meant for the living room; and the typical PC gamers can do what they want w/ their PC gaming experience - and these all can play together under one Steamworks roof.

I don't think Microsoft can pull off unifying XB1 and Windows PC gaming, if XB1 only supports controllers. It'll only be fair when both XB1 and PC can have the choice of either KB/mouse or mouse - and let that be up to each user.

All the Still life games are on sale in a bundle for 2 bucks if you bought the October Bundle from indie gala (which I did), so thinking of getting it. Can anybody recommend the Still Life games?
Post-Mortem is interesting, but really dated as a point and click due to its use of static first person scenes and mostly self-contained Myst-esque puzzles. The voice acting is really bad, as well, but usually in a humorous way that I found endearing.

Still Life 1 has a great atmosphere and mostly intuitive puzzle design. It feels like you're playing Seven, which is pretty neat.

Still LIfe 2 wraps up the overarching throughline (though the payoff isn't great), has some beautiful cutscenes and good atmosphere, but is poorly designed and about twice the length it probably ought to be. I did not enjoy myself with this game, but enjoyed the first two so much that I soldiered through it out of some ill-conceived loyalty to the series.

Dammit you guys. Here I thought I was going to be able to ignore both of these deals. D: Ticket to Ride getting hotseat play elevates it to an instant buy for me in the HIB, and while Revelations for $12.50 was just above impulse purchase price, $10 is low enough for me to happily bite! ><

(Or rather it WOULD be low enough to bite, if I could successfully log into Gamefly's page. o_O Anyone else having issues, or is it my network connection?)

I guess Revelations will only be cheaper than this if the MSRP drops. If it drops to $40 (currently $50) then 75% off of that still equals this Gamefly deal. The MSRP would have to drop more than $10 for a 75% sale to beat this one. Decisions...

Resident Evil 6 launched 2 months prior to Revelations and is now $40, not sure where it started or when/if it dropped. Hmm, apparently it launched at $39.99.

I guess Revelations will only be cheaper than this if the MSRP drops. If it drops to $40 (currently $50) then 75% off of that still equals this Gamefly deal. The MSRP would have to drop more than $10 for a 75% sale to beat this one. Decisions...

Resident Evil 6 launched 2 months prior to Revelations and is now $40, not sure where it started or when it dropped.
Screw it, I'm in for RE: Revelations.

ORDERED it.

EDIT:

Activated key and downloading. :D

Yeah, seems to me like Revelations isn't likely to drop below $40 MSRP any time soon, or even to $40 any time soon. DMC launched at the same price in January and hasn't had a MSRP drop yet.

I think I'm gonna go for it.

Yeah, seems to me like Revelations isn't likely to drop below $40 MSRP any time soon, or even to $40 any time soon. DMC launched at the same price in January and hasn't had a MSRP drop yet.

I don't know why - but I'm WAY more interested in the newer RE titles than the New DMC Reboot, for some reason.

I don't know why - but I'm WAY more interested in the newer RE titles than the New DMC Reboot, for some reason.
Were you ever interested in DMC franchise? I'm not too excited about the latest one, but mainly because I've never been a fan to begin with. It seems to have good graphics and I'm a fan of the developer, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was sub $10 just due to lack of interest.

Screw it, I'm in for RE: Revelations.

ORDERED it.

EDIT:

Activated key and downloading. :D

OK, well, you can hand in those CAG cards then, go on, hand 'em in. And the other two DMC titles on Steam regularly go for $5 on sale, so unless it's something you are dying to play right now, it will be hella cheaper later.

Were you ever interested in DMC franchise? I'm not too excited about the latest one, but mainly because I've never been a fan to begin with. It seems to have good graphics and I'm a fan of the developer, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was sub $10 just due to lack of interest.
I don't know - but never really got much into it.

I have DMC3: Special Ed PC (from Retail) - never even touched it!

I did play some DMC4 PC - and thought it was pretty good. But, something else got in my way - never went back.

I really should go back to that, though.

OK, well, you can hand in those CAG cards then, go on, hand 'em in.
RE: Revelations = beats my 75% off or better rule for backlogging.

Throw the 20% on top of the 75% off, makes the deal a little bit better.

Plus, this is CAPCOM we're talking about here.

It's not like this is a Square-Enix deal (notorious for MAJOR price-cuts) and we can wait a week or 2 for an even better MSRP drop + a bigger percent off sale deal... ;)

OK, well, you can hand in those CAG cards then, go on, hand 'em in. And the other two DMC titles on Steam regularly go for $5 on sale, so unless it's something you are dying to play right now, it will be hella cheaper later.
don't discourage them, I want my Humble Capcom Capsized Bundle :whee:

don't discourage them, I want my Humble Capcom Capsized Bundle :whee:
As long as they are all separate keys (for repeats) and it has some Capcom games I'm missing that I want - BRING IT! :D

EDIT:

That would probably be the only way I would buy certain Capcom games that are still using G4WL (since we know it's going away).

For $1 and charity for at least Tier 1, who cares? Why not!

{shoulder shrug}

RE: Revelations = beats my 75% off or better rule for backlogging.

Throw the 20% on top of the 75% off, makes the deal a little bit better.

Plus, this is CAPCOM we're talking about here.

It's not like this is a Square-Enix deal (notorious for MAJOR price-cuts) and we can wait a week or 2 for an even better MSRP drop + a bigger percent off sale deal... ;)
Tell yourself whatever you need to, since someone had to take the fall for the rest of us to get an MSRP drop. After all the CAG gods demand it :bow:

Damn, can't log in and the shopping cart doesn't even work any way. Add to cart, check out, your cart is empty.

Ooooh it was their shitty flash interface, somehow I wound up on the main page and there was a regular HTML login that worked like a charm instantly. Bought & downloading.

Today's daily deal (Ace Combat Assault Horizon) is £2.49 in real money, or ~$3.75 in Monopoly money.

I'll trade it for:

Old-Kent-Road.jpg

I'll take Whitechapel Road at a push.

I think Steam has the right intent for PC gaming - SteamMachine basically is a PC w/ equipped w/ a controller (that I bet can use KB/mouse, if gamers wants) meant for the living room; and the typical PC gamers can do what they want w/ their PC gaming experience - and these all can play together under one Steamworks roof.

I don't think Microsoft can pull off unifying XB1 and Windows PC gaming, if XB1 only supports controllers. It'll only be fair when both XB1 and PC can have the choice of either KB/mouse or mouse - and let that be up to each user.
how they failed in windows 8 lol. they piss off many pc fans including but not limited to me altion and beyond. fuck u microsoft bill gates shoulld come back rebuilt it all. ifi t is why dont u put dr3 on pc then microsoft if u trying to do it give us pc gamer what we want then microsoft hav chance

ccause u love mutants zombies alot more and cause i control ur brains nah jk i dont control people brain it will be just too evil

DMC 1 was awesome. It had awesome graphics, a cool story, tight combat, and excellent characters. It inspired God of War and the multitudinous clones that came after. It was hugely engaging, as you discovered Dante and his world, the demonic powers controlling it, and Dante's contrasting humanity (he even falls in love).

DMC 2 continued the franchise with ridiculousness and a hard-to-follow plot that people hated. The focus shifted more towards "Style" and unlockable outfits with uninspired, rehashed levels, invincible characters, and that random chick you were forced to fight as.

DMC 3 was an attempt at combining certain aspects of the first with certain aspects of the second. The plot was better, but the "Style" remained, which made combat less fluid than it was in the original. The Bloody Palace mode was a little more enjoyable, but still consisted of one arena with 9999 levels of superpowered enemies. Vergil was cool, but it all felt lackluster.

DMC 4 was fun. It had nearly everything from the first game, combined with some aspects of the sequels (Bloody Palace, Vergil, etc.) and a decent control scheme. I was hoping for it to be more action-packed given that it was tauted as somewhat of a reboot upon release, but this is Capcom after all, and they love their "momentary solace".

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that not much changed in the first four games. It didn't evolve, the music never felt inspiring; it has all been more of the same, and that gets boring to people with taste. ;) I haven't played the fifth game, either, and I'm not excited to.

DMC 1 was awesome. It had awesome graphics, a cool story, tight combat, and excellent characters. It inspired God of War and the multitudinous clones that came after. It was hugely engaging, as you discovered Dante and his world, the demonic powers controlling it, and Dante's contrasting humanity (he even falls in love).

DMC 2 continued the franchise with ridiculousness and a hard-to-follow plot that people hated. The focus shifted more towards "Style" and unlockable outfits with uninspired, rehashed levels, invincible characters, and that random chick you were forced to fight as.

DMC 3 was an attempt at combining certain aspects of the first with certain aspects of the second. The plot was better, but the "Style" remained, which made combat less fluid than it was in the original. The Bloody Palace mode was a little more enjoyable, but still consisted of one arena with 9999 levels of superpowered enemies. Vergil was cool, but it all felt lackluster.

DMC 4 was fun. It had nearly everything from the first game, combined with some aspects of the sequels (Bloody Palace, Vergil, etc.) and a decent control scheme. I was hoping for it to be more action-packed given that it was tauted as somewhat of a reboot upon release, but this is Capcom after all, and they love their "momentary solace".

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that not much changed in the first four games. It didn't evolve, the music never felt inspiring; it has all been more of the same, and that gets boring to people with taste. ;) I haven't played the fifth game, either, and I'm not excited to.
Thanks for the thoughts on the DMC series. Much appreciated. :D

I only honestly played some of DMC4 - and that was it.

I don't think DMC1 and 2 were ever put on the PC, IIRC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back