The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

Also, for those with Android devices, note that the Android counterpart is NOT Worms Reloaded, just the older Worms 2: Armageddon. I was hoping that Reloaded was making its Android debut, but that is not the case.

That is some shit, right there. Guess I should really start to read the website before I buy. I probably won't though. So, whatever...

DMC 1 was awesome. It had awesome graphics, a cool story, tight combat, and excellent characters. It inspired God of War and the multitudinous clones that came after. It was hugely engaging, as you discovered Dante and his world, the demonic powers controlling it, and Dante's contrasting humanity (he even falls in love).

DMC 2 continued the franchise with ridiculousness and a hard-to-follow plot that people hated. The focus shifted more towards "Style" and unlockable outfits with uninspired, rehashed levels, invincible characters, and that random chick you were forced to fight as.

DMC 3 was an attempt at combining certain aspects of the first with certain aspects of the second. The plot was better, but the "Style" remained, which made combat less fluid than it was in the original. The Bloody Palace mode was a little more enjoyable, but still consisted of one arena with 9999 levels of superpowered enemies. Vergil was cool, but it all felt lackluster.

DMC 4 was fun. It had nearly everything from the first game, combined with some aspects of the sequels (Bloody Palace, Vergil, etc.) and a decent control scheme. I was hoping for it to be more action-packed given that it was tauted as somewhat of a reboot upon release, but this is Capcom after all, and they love their "momentary solace".

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that not much changed in the first four games. It didn't evolve, the music never felt inspiring; it has all been more of the same, and that gets boring to people with taste. ;) I haven't played the fifth game, either, and I'm not excited to.

And then Bayonetta shat on all of 'em happily ever after. The end.

I think the backlogging rule should be modified. it should be at least 75% off AND under $5. Why get them for $10 to backlog it when you wont likely get to it within a decent period of time?

That's my thinking anyway lol ;)

Why should I get RE Revs for 10 if i beat it on ps3 already? please sell me on it. im very bored this week and desperate.

I think the backlogging rule should be modified. it should be at least 75% off AND under $5. Why get them for $10 to backlog it when you wont likely get to it within a decent period of time?

That is the best way IMO. Only pay over 5 if you plan to play immediately. The last game I bought for over $5 was A Creed 2 two years ago. Still haven't....

That is the best way IMO. Only pay over 5 if you plan to play immediately. The last game I bought for over $5 was A Creed 2 two years ago. Still haven't....
You still haven't played AC2? Are you nuts?

AC2 and AC:B are the 2 best games in that franchise, IMHO.

Granted, I ain't played AC3 and AC4.

Well, then again - no consumer has played AC4 yet. ;)

I'm to the point where I'm only buying games if they're either

1. $1 tier in an humble bundle (minimum 4 games)

2. indiegala happy hour group buy under 2.50

3. groupees build a bundle

4. gamersgate 91% off or better price glitch

5 steam 91% off or better price glitch

6. origin free for fall repeat sale

I think that is a very reasonable position

Edit: I'm still willing to pay a high price for games I play right away though.

lol i think we so ccheapy but it not our fault we make them bow to use we are kings the publisher are now the slaves to use CAG

Kind of a weird mix of games. Total War, Hell Yeah!, Condemned, and five Genesis games. I wish I would have bought that complete Genesis pack off Amazon for $5 back when.
Those five Genesis games have one thing in common: They're all scary in one way or another. They have monsters. I'll pass on it, I have no interest in boring simulation games.

Is there any reason to buy games through Steam? 75% ain't shit with GMFG, Gamefly, J-NO, and Humble still breathing.

They do breathe.

Thanks for the thoughts on the DMC series. Much appreciated. :D

I only honestly played some of DMC4 - and that was it.

I don't think DMC1 and 2 were ever put on the PC, IIRC...
You're welcome, and no, they weren't. You can be thankful that 2 never was. Funny anecdote: My girlfriend's brothers were playing a DMC game on PS2 the other day, and I said, "Oh, you guys are playing DMC 3? How'd you like the others?" Nope. It was DMC 1. The graphics look the same, the common enemies are the same, and even the techno fight music is the same. They are all rather indistinguishable. Play 4 and you've played the all; you just understand less about Dante when he breaks into that church. ;)

of course, card money or you could just launder it into paypal like I do ;)

Well yeah, you sell the contents of your European handbag and use it to pay pandas and other dicks. 75% is over, b.

Direct through Steam is weak shit.

Yay! Today's my CAG cake day. Thanks for being a great community :bow: !

Here's an Anodyne steam key:

FPI2K-KD34V-EGEVH

And another one for Greed Corp:

N22DQ-CVZZL-6HNFE

Please say if redeemed. Greetings  :D/

Is there any reason to buy games through Steam? 75% ain't shit with GMFG, Gamefly, J-NO, and Humble still breathing.

They do breathe.
Word, I bought $60 worth of wallet codes from vince carter and don't know when I'm ever gonna use it. One day.

Anodyne key was already redeemed when I tried it just now. ^^^^

Yay! Today's my CAG cake day. Thanks for being a great community :bow: !

FPI2K-KD34V-EGEVH

N22DQ-CVZZL-6HNFE

Please say if redeemed. Greetings :D/
Greed Corp was already used.

Don't know about Anodyne, as I've already got that one.

This is pretty much what I do as well. The only times I pay more than $5 for any sort of game is A) a bundle or B) something I will actually play right away (which is definitely a rarity). Otherwise I can wait till I die, as Lord knows I will before my backlog is finished :fridge:

Those five Genesis games have one thing in common: They're all scary in one way or another. They have monsters. I'll pass on it, I have no interest in boring simulation games.
Yeah, I will almost certainly be passing this as well. Typically there is at least one game I'm interested in a Humble Bundle, but I can't see myself even pretending to think I will one day play any of them.

Yay! Today's my CAG cake day. Thanks for being a great community :bow: !

FPI2K-KD34V-EGEVH

N22DQ-CVZZL-6HNFE

Please say if redeemed. Greetings :D/
Congrats soulkyo! Thanks for hanging around, thanks for sharing!

Revelations is pretty cool, sampled about 20 minutes of it. I added SweetFX, and forced ambient occlusion, looks pretty good. No regrets, but how do I increase the FOV so that Jill's ass shows?

Oh you can change FOV with Widescreen Fixer. I think I used that tool with Kingdoms of Amalur.

It comes with 7 card drops btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back