The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Some crazy ass fool just bought my Dead Island axe emoticon for 3 cents. Maybe he's the same fool that bought my Batman card for .37.
I've had a bunch of 3c/1c stuff sell, but then I also have 6 things still up there, oldest from Jul 26. No harm just leaving it up there.

Interesting. After getting Mafia II from the Golden Joystick awards, GMG sent me a coupon for 75% off the DLC pack (about $8) and said that it would give me $2 credit in rewards.

Question is, is the DLC worth $8?
Joe's Adventures is quality, with an actual plot and voicework to fill in the chronological gap in the main game. Jimmy's Vendetta is just a score-attack mode with no plot aside from kill-dis-guy, steal-dat-car type stuff. Both have achievements but the latter DLC's requires grinding. Dunno about the DLC that wasn't NA-released, but I hear it fleshes out Jimmy.

The clothes are just cosmetic, natch, but the cars are a useful quasi-cheat if you enjoy having souped-up cars always 100% condition available in your garage from the start of the game. Otherwise, cars you collect during the course of the game will sit in there damaged until you spend cash to repair them. I found having them worthwhile.

It wouldn't be worth $8 to me, but that's because I think I got everything (Deluxe ver) for $10.

https://www.pathofexile.com/

pathofexilesoon_zps8e1f05a6.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/?snr=1_7_15__13

10/23: fuck yeah

I don't read all the shit you guys post (too lazy, too much of it) but IGN's FGOTM is The Inner World.

Seems to take after Unmechanical and various other hand-drawn, point-and-click adventure-puzzlers. It also has cards. The value of them is good so far, since it's a) regularly $14.99, b) only been on Steam for two weeks, and c) hasn't been bundled.

1399512_169552729915755_259725689_o.jpg

So one of the characters is from Kaptain Brawe.. but can anyone figure out the rest? Also pretty sure that ship is from Naval Warfare.

I posted it before, but I'll repost the bundle info:

"Big Bad Bundle 2 is coming this Sunday! Pay at least 1USD to get a hilarious point and click adventure, a gnarly puzzle platformer with lots of blood and a frustrating but rewarding punishment platformer featuring a ninja. Pay $5 or more to also get a post apocalyptic FPS, a retro style JRPG, a Zelda style game and a shooter featuring some boats with really big guns. More info soon"

I don't read all the shit you guys post (too lazy, too much of it) but IGN's FGOTM is The Inner World.

Seems to take after Unmechanical and various other hand-drawn, point-and-click adventure-puzzlers. It also has cards. The value of them is good so far, since it's a) regularly $14.99, b) only been on Steam for two weeks, and c) hasn't been bundled.
So it's $6.95 or is there a greasy trial-scam?

I could have sworn that I was redeeming these for a while without being forced to sign up for anything.

So it's $6.95 or is there a greasy trial-scam?

I could have sworn that I was redeeming these for a while without being forced to sign up for anything.
Yeah, thing is, some people got away with free Prime accounts forever a few years back. I have no idea how it works, but basically your Prime membership status will say "undefined". They used to offer trials, and I assume, if one were inclined, one could remove their payment option or revoke the Paypal monthly billing rights during said trial, or cancel trial on the same day they would get billed. There are greasy ways to get these, but it is possible and that's why I post about them each month.

Also, it looks like some douches are ruining the card values by listing them at 30 cents. Dropped from a dollar in one day.

Might be a silly question but just want to be sure, if I get the Stardock Pack and already own a couple of games, will those extra copies be gifts? Cheers!

Just to throw more in behind Mars: War Logs, because I like to defend it, I beat it a day or two ago.

The story as a whole is pretty stock, but the characterizations, as often poorly translated as they are, are actually pretty good, and often a lot bolder than a big budget Bioware game.

The thing that frustrated me most was that you have only you and one other party member through the entire game until the very end, then they give you a third, and when you have three in the party combat is divine. It should have been three in from the beginning. It does eliminate the kind of fun (for the first few hours) rolling about smacking people with pipes alone mechanic, but... It's better with the traditional party system that they tease in the finale.

I actually thing Mars is a really good budget RPG. It has its heart in the right place and it's totally competent, but could just use some more polish.

I would love to see a sequel. 

1399512_169552729915755_259725689_o.jpg

So one of the characters is from Kaptain Brawe.. but can anyone figure out the rest? Also pretty sure that ship is from Naval Warfare.

I posted it before, but I'll repost the bundle info:

"Big Bad Bundle 2 is coming this Sunday! Pay at least 1USD to get a hilarious point and click adventure, a gnarly puzzle platformer with lots of blood and a frustrating but rewarding punishment platformer featuring a ninja. Pay $5 or more to also get a post apocalyptic FPS, a retro style JRPG, a Zelda style game and a shooter featuring some boats with really big guns. More info soon"
The little animals in the bottom right could be "Cute Things Dying Violently", which would also go along with "gnarly puzzle platformer with lots of blood". The boat is definitely Naval Warfare (I've been looking at it in my library lately and it's the same as the grid image). No idea about the others, though I have a bad feeling the JRPG is from the developer Idiot hates so much (their name escapes me).

I actually thing Mars is a really good budget RPG. It has its heart in the right place and it's totally competent, but could just use some more polish.

QFT, I also left a positive(ish) recommendation on Steam when I managed to beat it. The game gradually grew on me, and I was nutty enough to complete my playthrough on Extreme with a good alignment (sparing enemies all around and letting them respawn after a while, but hey... the more XPs, the merrier :bouncy: ).

I also liked the fact that your moral choices influenced the third act's outcoming way more than I expected, and the usual trope "be a good boy = get a good ending" was almost entirely reversed this time.

So, kudos to Spiders! I also barely started Of Orcs and Men, which seems to follow their usual style, and I love what I've seen so far in terms of reimagining the genre's conventions... they're also crafting Bound by Fire, another fantasy ARPG (http://www.spiders-games.com/news/nid/587), so I can't help but hope that they carry on in refining their approach.

I haven't finished my playthrough yet, but this is pretty much how I feel. If it's not directly compared to some of the known successful AAA ARPGs, it is plenty capable. That being said, while a sequel would be intriguing, I think there would be some higher expectations for it and I'd worry that the budget just wouldn't allow for it creating either an equal therefore perceived lesser quality game or they'd have to cut back in other areas. But, that's just me assuming.

The little animals in the bottom right could be "Cute Things Dying Violently", which would also go along with "gnarly puzzle platformer with lots of blood". The boat is definitely Naval Warfare (I've been looking at it in my library lately and it's the same as the grid image). No idea about the others, though I have a bad feeling the JRPG is from the developer Idiot hates so much (their name escapes me).
Yeah the Steam games have been guessed.. so all that's left are desura/drm-free :whistle2:(. No Super House of Dead Ninjas, I blame Drabe.

"More than half of them have never been bundled before, 2 are on Steam, the rest are Desura and DRM-free"

so ive experimented with different arrangements for my sale list over the years and now ive begun to use an embedded spreadsheet.

I was hoping to get some feedback about it to make it easier to find what ur looking for. 

it is definitely a lot easier to arrange and update my list with the google spreadsheet. So, I probably wont be going back from it.

I made multiple tabs within the spreadsheet to separate Daily+Mid/Weekend Deals+Promos, Weekly Deals, New Releases, RU+CIS tagged games, and everything else.

the trouble im having is deciding what to do with the "New Releases" tab. Nowadays, steam releases new games more often. I end up grouping new releases together with preorders and newly added early access games.

Should I create seperate tabs for Preorders, New Releases, and Early Access games?

Should I bother trying to separate stuff and just put them all into 1 gigantic list?

Is it visibly clear that there are multiple tabs in the embedded spreadsheet? 

Does anyone know if there is a way to customize the embedded window's dimensions? (im using cag's bbCode method)

I would appreciate any useful feedback. thanks

heres a look at my new list:
[gs]0AjOfT2Z_AH2hdFNQaGRkb0Z2TnRVQkp0UW5UVjVqMFE[/gs]

so ive experimented with different arrangements for my sale list over the years and now ive begun to use an embedded spreadsheet.

I was hoping to get some feedback about it to make it easier to find what ur looking for.

it is definitely a lot easier to arrange and update my list with the google spreadsheet. So, I probably wont be going back from it.

I made multiple tabs within the spreadsheet to separate Daily+Mid/Weekend Deals+Promos, Weekly Deals, New Releases, RU+CIS tagged games, and everything else.

the trouble im having is deciding what to do with the "New Releases" tab. Nowadays, steam releases new games more often. I end up grouping new releases together with preorders and newly added early access games.

Should I create seperate tabs for Preorders, New Releases, and Early Access games?

Should I bother trying to separate stuff and just put them all into 1 gigantic list?

Does anyone know if there is a way to customize the embedded window's dimensions? (im using cag's bbCode method)

The main thing I'd love for you to add is when a certain deal expires (to the best of your knowledge anyways). It seems you update your list very frequently and occasionally stop selling certain games before Steam takes them off sale, so having a deadline to decide would be a useful addition I think.

The main thing I'd love for you to add is when a certain deal expires (to the best of your knowledge anyways). It seems you update your list very frequently and occasionally stop selling certain games before Steam takes them off sale, so having a deadline to decide would be a useful addition I think.
yea that will sometimes happen before the last day of a deal. I sometimes take it down if I know I wont be home to fill the order.

I can add that in. Ill display how many hours are left to get a certain deal from me if its expiring soon.

EDIT: ok you can see an example of the countdown timer next to MotoGP 13 now in my list.

Is it visibly clear that there are multiple tabs in the embedded spreadsheet?

Needs more orange.

2 Things: Deadpool is well worth 20$

I voted 26 hours ago on the Golden Joysticks and the GMG link they send you still says "Oops! Looks like you haven't voted yet"

fuk u gmg

Oh, so that's what goes in the Steam category "Puppy Games."
I can no longer tell who is joking and who doesn't get the joke.

So since Halloween is approaching, I think everyone should post their favorite scary/horror game.
Costume Quest.

Have a friend who just joined Steam, and has virtually no games. So I am trying to track down older bundles to get his backlog started. (such a good friend huh? :evil: ) So tell me oh Cheap Asses, what are the best bundles for a Steam noob? Origin and Deep Silver/THQ are the obvious ones, but I doubt I will find those, so I am looking for others.
Puppy Games

I just can't understand why for years you of all people has been so public in your desire for a solid deal on such a mediocre series of games.
If they were fantastic games, would people have waited years for a sale?

Also, both Arkham games now have cards.
YESSSSSSSS. I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE DUCKTALES GOT CARDS. YES MOTOKI, DUCKTALES.

I'm really hoping Dark Souls jumps on board the Games Without Windows Live bandwagon and drops it. Then has a sale for 5 dollars or less, so I can cream myself and buy it.
Don't some of the players-leaving-tips features require GFWL? I've barely started Dark Souls so I'm not sure how important to the game experience it is, but I like the idea.

The Gsync module kit costs $175 man. The tech sounds cool but also sounds too damn expensive.

Video card upgrade update: I think I'm gonna buy a Gigabyte GTX 770 instead of that Asus r9 280x I was talking about previously. It's around $70-80 more but I wanna go with Nvidia over AMD.

Oh, Eazy-D got this one, man...

{Eazy-D}

[Beat to Real Compton City G's by Eazy-E plays]

[Chorus]

What it do?

NVidia, real PC GPU's

NVidia, real PC GPU's

NVidia, real PC GPU's

[Verse 1]

Ay yo, here's another proper track

We back, another G-Track

AMD, get back!

NVidia GPU's crack-a-lack

Pushin' pixels like weight, freight, and birds

G-Sync, pushin' it absurd

Beyond the limit

Like Master P, there is No Limit

No gimmicks

AMD, you can't hold a candle

To NVIdia with yo' Mantle

Pushin' linguistics like NVidia PhysX

[Chorus]

[Beats plays, fades out]

Oh, Eazy-D got this one, man...

{Eazy-D}

[Beat to Real Compton City G's by Eazy-E plays]

[Chorus]

What it do?

NVidia, real PC GPU's

NVidia, real PC GPU's

NVidia, real PC GPU's

[Verse 1]

Ay yo, here's another proper track

We back, another G-Track

AMD, get back!

NVidia GPU's crack-a-lack

Pushin' pixels like weight, freight, and birds

G-Sync, pushin' it absurd

Beyond the limit

Like Master P, there is No Limit

No gimmicks

AMD, you can't hold a candle

To NVIdia with yo' Mantle

Pushin' linguistics like NVidia PhysX

[Chorus]

[Beats plays, fades out]

tumblr_m4t12hLAJV1r28e7ko1_250.gif

I upgraded to 8.1 and the only difference was my games looked weird and then I found it defaults to stereoscopic 3D on for some reason. Otherwise nothing. Start button is useless, better to just keep Classic Shell or Start8 or whatever.

Eazy-D's song here is just too G to put Chris Breezy on the hook on that one.

He's on the album, though.

You should see the tracklist for this album.

"Str8 Off The Streetz Of SLI" - Tracklisting

1. "NVidia, Real PC GPU's" [prod. by DJ Yella]

2. "Triple SLI" (Ft. Pusha T & Kendrick Lamar) [prod. by Sebastian Sartor (he produced "King Push")]

3. "PhysX" (Ft. Lana Del Rey) [prod. by Rick Rubin]

4. "Tessellation" (Ft. Lupe Fiasco) [prod. by Soundtrakk]

5. "Anti-Aliasing" (Ft. Marina And The Diamonds) [prod. by Dr. Luke]

6. "AMD, NVidia Will Kill Your Vibe" (Ft. Kendrick Lamar & Lady Gaga)

7. "Laptops 'N Desktops" (Ft. Chris Brown) [prod. by Bangladesh]

8. "Dudes, Brews 'N Games" (Ft. Devin The Dude) [prod. by The Bizness]

9. "Steam-Powered" (Ft. Dr. Dre & DJ Premier) [prod. by Dr. Dre & DJ Premier]

10. "Dungeons 'N Dragons" (Ft. Dungeon Family & Drake) [prod. by Organized Noize]

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks

11. "New Drivers" (Ft. Future) [prod. by Kavinsky]

12. "Beta Test" (Ft. Nicki Minaj) [prod. by Cool N Dre]

13. "Midnight Release" (Ft. Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado) [prod by. Timbaland]

I wasn't prompted to update to W8.1 -- just me? Is it even worth the 4GB download considering the trivial impact of its changes?
I got about 6 GB of free space back on my drive when I updated. Not huge, but nice, especially for people who are running their OS and games off of an SSD and can't keep everything installed.

I also like that my wallpaper is now behind the start menu after years of rarely seeing my desktop thanks to a browser always being open, even if it is just 2-3 seconds at a time as I type in the name of a program that I want to run.

Where'd you read that?
It was confirmed, I think a nvidia representative on neogaf confirmed it. Most of us wouldn't be buying the module, we'd be buying a monitor with the tech integrated into it, but that's just an idea of what the hardware costs. Pretty pricey. I think they mentioned a $400 monitor at the Nvidia event, I guess that's not so bad.

How is Windows 8 for games, is there anything that doesn't run? I read that the speed issues with Saints Row 2 don't exist in Windows 8.

Eazy-D's song here is just too G to put Chris Breezy on the hook on that one.

He's on the album, though.

You should see the tracklist for this album.

"Str8 Off The Streetz Of SLI" - Tracklisting

1. "NVidia, Real PC GPU's" [prod. by DJ Yella]

2. "Triple SLI" (Ft. Pusha T & Kendrick Lamar) [prod. by Sebastian Sartor (he produced "King Push")]

3. "PhysX" (Ft. Lana Del Rey) [prod. by Rick Rubin]

4. "Tessellation" (Ft. Lupe Fiasco) [prod. by Soundtrakk]

5. "Anti-Aliasing" (Ft. Marina And The Diamonds) [prod. by Dr. Luke]

6. "AMD, NVidia Will Kill Your Vibe" (Ft. Kendrick Lamar & Lady Gaga)

7. "Laptops 'N Desktops" (Ft. Chris Brown) [prod. by Bangladesh]

8. "Dudes, Brews 'N Games" (Ft. Devin The Dude) [prod. by The Bizness]

9. "Steam-Powered" (Ft. Dr. Dre & DJ Premier) [prod. by Dr. Dre & DJ Premier]

10. "Dungeons 'N Dragons" (Ft. Dungeon Family & Drake) [prod. by Organized Noize]

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks

11. "New Drivers" (Ft. Future) [prod. by Kavinsky]

12. "Beta Test" (Ft. Nicki Minaj) [prod. by Cool N Dre]

13. "Midnight Release" (Ft. Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado) [prod by. Timbaland]

Dude, your shit is better than Weird Al.

And Weird Al is dope.

It was confirmed, I think a nvidia representative on neogaf confirmed it. Most of us wouldn't be buying the module, we'd be buying a monitor with the tech integrated into it, but that's just an idea of what the hardware costs. Pretty pricey. I think they mentioned a $400 monitor at the Nvidia event, I guess that's not so bad.
If that's the price for a standalone module, I guess that $200 is going to have significant markup on it to "encourage" people to buy new monitors from the companies that they're supplying the tech to.

How is Windows 8 for games, is there anything that doesn't run? I read that the speed issues with Saints Row 2 don't exist in Windows 8.
So far it seems pretty much the same as 7. Aside from a few older games not working - errorless crashes that I didn't have any luck finding solutions for, and one running very slowly - I haven't had any issues. (Only one of those games was definitely working on my old PC running 7, and that could easily be down to hardware differences alone.)

I'm kinda interested in Windows 8 but I just installed some various programs that I don't wanna have to call in and get reactivated. I should reformat my system drive anyway cause it's totally screwed up, I can't boot from it unless I go to a boot menu in my BIOS first.

I'm kinda interested in Windows 8 but I just installed some various programs that I don't wanna have to call in and get reactivated. I should reformat my system drive anyway cause it's totally screwed up, I can't boot from it unless I go to a boot menu in my BIOS first.
If you do give 8 (or 8.1) a try, I'd recommend installing it and using it for a week or so for general use without installing everything. Install stuff you use very often (possibly using trials if that's more convenient), fiddle with it, try a game or three, test the drivers, etcetera. Then, if you like it, format and set it up for long term use. If you have the time and patience (and your set-up allows it) I think it's definitely worth doing.

Gives you a bit of time to get used to the changes and make sure that you have decent driver and software support: it shouldn't be an issue unless you're unlucky or have a major aversion to change. Personally, most of the in-your-face changes didn't bother me much, it was the lack of customisation and tweaking in some areas that I found most irritating.

use Windows 7 until GabeN gives you SteamOS!

Ed: I haven't encountered any compatibility incompatibilities in 2 months of experience with 8 -- it's very similar to 7 but with more flexibility granted by a separate Start (optional) and Desktop screen that can be run simultaneously and/or switched instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back