The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
What? That ending is pretty awesome in my opinion... Still one of my most enjoyed titles this generation... I WOULD play through it again but I cannot get green man games to finish my "order" I get an opps error.
I thought Mafia 1 and 2 were both really good - but Mafia 1 was better and was actually great.

Mafia 2's biggest problem - I thought, was there's a whole huge-world here, but you can't really explore it much. Also, in a world this big, there's almost no side quests here!

Mafia 1 somewhat solved that open-world problem by having a separate Free Ride mode.

Mafia 2 doesn't even have a Free Ride mode.

I thought Mafia 1 and 2 were both really good - but Mafia 1 was better and was actually great.
I've never actually played the first one... I should. I'm sure I would enjoy it allot.

As for Mafia II's world... I thought it was amazing, yeah, you could interact with it in a limited basis but I would take Mafia's story over GTA open world shenanigans and its (limited story) any day of the week. (I've not played 5, waiting till the PC port, I know allot of the lackluster story telling was addressed)

Don't get me wrong... I wish there was a bit more to do but not if it was going to get in the way of story telling.. (even if it was just in development time.)

I've never actually played the first one... I should. I'm sure I would enjoy it allot.
I wanted to play the first one but I couldn't get it to run on my somewhat-modern system. Well, it ran for a few minutes but then it crashed. Repeatedly. I guess it was more stable back in the day.

Unbelievable, I've always been a huge fan of Enslaved Odyssey to the West but had to deal with tons of screen tearing and other issues on PS3. I loved it anyway. I just found out it's coming to PC this month, maybe even this week. Amazing! Everyone buy it, I need a sequel so bad.

Uh oh I can't find any sign of it in the Steam database. :( Correction there is a sign: http://steamdb.info/sub/30287/#section_history

Unbelievable, I've always been a huge fan of Enslaved Odyssey to the West but had to deal with tons of screen tearing and other issues on PS3. I loved it anyway. I just found out it's coming to PC this month, maybe even this week. Amazing! Everyone buy it, I need a sequel so bad.
Everyone should buy it.. when it's 75% off ;)

I liked the game, but it's very short and I wouldn't pay more than $5-7.50 for it. The price dropped extremely fast for the console versions when they were released, so I expect the same to happen with the PC release. I never noticed any issues when I played the 360 version, but that was the superior version anyway.

I posted a while ago that Hamilton's Adventure wouldn't start up and after some research I wondered if the cause was not having PhysX installed. I installed PhysX tonight and game launched immediately. Already made .21 profit on one of the card drops! Pretty bad glitch, or whatever you'd call it. No error message or anything.
I had problems previously with Hamilton's Adventure when I changed resolution and I couldn't run the game anymore. I eventually got help for the problem, but I haven't gotten back to it.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It's not really meant to be an open-world game, The ending struck me as a setup for a sequel that has yet to come. As fun as Mafia II was, I'd definitely be in for Mafia III.
There was an article somewhere I was reading about all the development problems Mafia II had. It sounds like they are still having issues with developing Mafia III, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

And yeah, people should pick up Enslaved at some point. It was a pretty good game.

The Enslaved sequel was killed cause nobody bought it, now everyone is gonna wait again on PC and sequel chances will die again. Not fair, I want to know how it ends. Ending did not provide the closure I need! :pray: I'll buy it now.

Apparently these shots are from a 360 devkit rendered at high resolution:

du8FdCG.jpg

enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west.jpg

6.jpg

screenshot_031.jpg

Damn, those are some pretty screens.

In other news, I just finished my first run through of Rogue Legacy.  I have a feeling it took me a lot longer than some others - 148 children over almost 27 hours.  I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  Too much grinding, too little environment and enemy variety.  It didn't help that I had played the demo through to completion, and so having to start all the way back at the beginning after beating the first boss was quite a step back; and I don't think I invested my gold in the most efficient order (there are a number of useless or semi-useless skills and classes - I would advise prioritizing the Paladin and Barbarian, and health and attack upgrades if you want the fastest path to victory).  It's not a bad game, but it didn't exactly live up to my high hopes for it and I kind of wish I would have invested those hours in something else.  Once I was halfway through I felt compelled to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying it all that much anymore...but I doubt I'll put much time into NG+.  I don't really understand how some of you guys can want to play this game over and over.

OT: So if you're mostly a giving-people-an-arrow-to-the-knee kind of player in Skyrim is there much value in pumping up stamina when you level?

I wanted to play the first one but I couldn't get it to run on my somewhat-modern system. Well, it ran for a few minutes but then it crashed. Repeatedly. I guess it was more stable back in the day.
If you can stand the dates graphics and somewhat dated gameplay, Mafia 1 is still very enjoyable. It's odd to say that because sometimes you have to drive through the entire city just to finish a mission, and absolutely nothing happens in between. Another example: in one of the missions you take the subway with a partner to check a possible target and you just go through the entire process of going to the station, waiting for the train, going in, getting there, leaving the station and walking to the place. And you can't skip it (I think... I didn't try it anyway). It's... just like real life, I guess. Strange thing is that I believe that it helped me get into that world more than if they were cutscenes, or easily skipped with the press of a button. It was particularly immersive and helped me enjoy the game even more.

Uh oh I can't find any sign of it in the Steam database. :( Correction there is a sign: http://steamdb.info/sub/30287/#section_history
Yeah the screen tearing really hampered my enjoyment of the game (I'm not a huge stickler for graphics, but that is the one thing I absolutely can't stand), but the characters were very well done and I never played the DLC, so I might buy it again on PC...for the right price ;)

Everyone should buy it.. when it's 75% off ;)

I liked the game, but it's very short and I wouldn't pay more than $5-7.50 for it. The price dropped extremely fast for the console versions when they were released, so I expect the same to happen with the PC release. I never noticed any issues when I played the 360 version, but that was the superior version anyway.
I think I paid $10 for the PS3 version, though I wish I'd opted for the 360 (didn't realize it was that bad). Technical issues aside it was worth what I paid, so if it comes out at $20 or so I don't think that's unreasonable (well not by CAG standards obviously).

OT: So if you're mostly a giving-people-an-arrow-to-the-knee kind of player in Skyrim is there much value in pumping up stamina when you level?
Holding the bowstring back burns stamina, so does running away, as well as power attacks with melee. So yeah, I would occasionally drop a point in it. I think my stealth/bow/magic character did 2/2/1 magicka/hp/stamina

Stamina will let you run for longer and stay zoomed in with the bow longer. It also lets you carry more which can be helpful if you like to steal a bunch.

I put most of my points in health, but I put some in Stamina just because I like that it helped me run longer. I also put some in magic for conjuration purposes, for those bullet sponge type people you mentioned earlier (I hate followers). Also if you max out your archery and stealth trees it gets ridiculous and it hardly matters what else you do.

Eleusis Steam keys can now be found on your Groupees profile page if you bought Be Mine 8.

It doesn't have cards though, so I bet no one cares.

Eleusis Steam keys can now be found on your Groupees profile page if you bought Be Mine 8.

It doesn't have cards though, so I bet no one cares.

I bought BM8, but don't know/care what game is that one

About Sniper GW2: I'll wait for it to be full price again to buy it.

Augh, freakin' Steam Trading Card profiteers...

I've been trying to get a Princess Nehema card (Eversion) for WEEKS and the damn thing refuses to go down in price. Whenever someone lists the cards for cheap they get snatched up immediately by bots and relisted at a higher price. It's freakin' irritating. :|

Went ahead and bought Deus Ex Director's Cut.

I've been championing Enslaved for years all over PS3 forums, it's time for me to walk the walk, I'll buy it on PC for full price. I can't complain that it's selling poorly and then not do my part. Just last week I was daydreaming "Wouldn't be cool if they'd made a PC version" The console premium edition comes with the Pigsy DLC and alternate character skins, assume the PC version will be the same.

Went ahead and bought Deus Ex Director's Cut.

I've been championing Enslaved for years all over PS3 forums, it's time for me to walk the walk, I'll buy it on PC for full price. I can't complain that it's selling poorly and then not do my part. Just last week I was daydreaming "Wouldn't be cool if they'd made a PC version" The console premium edition comes with the Pigsy DLC and alternate character skins, assume the PC version will be the same.
I hope the MSRP is $39.99 ;)

- Path of Exile 1.0 is live and it's a 2.7GB DL. Steam shows 4.3GB after the download though.

- Deus Ex HR DC runs better on my machine than just about any other game from any year. So smooth.

- The Steam Market is delaying card submissions and it makes me wanna stab Gabe in the ass for not personally fixing it months ago.

- Deus Ex HR DC runs better on my machine than just about any other game from any year. So smooth.
Did you do the registry tweaks?

Enslaved Premium for PS3 is $20, sure would be nice to get $15 on PC but I'd bet $20. I wonder why they didn't re-release it on 360.

Did you do the registry tweaks?

Enslaved Premium for PS3 is $20, sure would be nice to get $15 on PC but I'd bet $20. I wonder why they didn't re-release it on 360.
Aren't the registry tweaks mostly needed for Nvidia users? I think this is one of those rare occurences where a game works better without needing tweaking for AMD cards.

Any good? Seems interesting...
I haven't played much of it but I've heard good things about it.

Makes sense.

I've always wondered if the Steam backup utility just takes everything in that game's folder and includes it in the backup, or only the files that are supposed to be there... for example is it backing up my SweetFX files in that folder? I guess I could test it by putting some massive file into a game folder and checking the backup size.

**Test results are in, it only backed up the original game files and not the random big ass video file I threw in there**

Everyone in this thread needs to stop posting so I can catch up on the rest of the forum instead of clicking to the end of this thread every second.

I mean it!  Stop posting right now and do not start up again until I return!

Apparently some/one of those Deus Ex DC tweaks aren't Nvidia-specific, but if it runs good then don't fix what ain't broke. This is one of em:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC and locate AllowJobStealing - set it to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back