The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be the "A Pile Of" bundle, with Aliens as the bta, and the dollar tier containing Duke Nukem Forever, Ride To Hell and Lost Planet 2 (for Spoder).
Even though I'd never play any of these, I'd probably still buy it. Although Ride to Hell should really be in the bta, there.

Is it just me or are more and more games getting added to the Halloween sale? I swear I keep seeing new games added each time I look and consider buying some.
I thought I had seen a few games in there that I hadn't noticed earlier. Of course, I may have just overlooked them.

It shuffles the order of games each time you refresh, that might be it.
Right, and that might be what's throwing me off... but I don't recall Prison Architect being on the list. There are a few others too that I really don't recall seeing and I've checked back often, desperately fighting any impulse purchases.

7BTDF4X.png

LOL!

FFVII was $3 before, now it shows $12, either way I decided I'd rather wait to buy it with Steambux or at least from GMG with an extra 20% off.

I'm banking on both Sega and Squeenix having Humble Bundles in the future.
I bet the Squeenix one will include Front Mission Evolved, Tomb Raider, or Sleeping Dogs. And the Sega one would include the Total War and Company of Heroes 2 games. With no DLC included, so you have to buy it all separately.

(I'm starting to hate Humble.)

I'll go back to playing Road to Hell Retribution now. So far it's not nearly as bad as everyone seems to think...

I looked into All Zombies Must Die a while ago, it looked like it was good. Any opinions?

I hope my new GTX 770 can max it out. :razz:

I didn't play but I played the standalone 'score attack' version which is the same thing just without the 'campaign' (which is mostly a bunch of pointless go here, do that type of quests). It's nothing special. Burn Zombie Burn (the 'prequel') is in the current Groupies Bundle of the Damned for $1 and I honestly preferred it to the later game.

I think more games are bring added. I got on earlier today around 2:00 looked at everything, then I can back around 3:00 and there were at least 10 games I hadn't seen on the list. Plus the Halloween sale list doesn't show everything on the current specials list.

Boy, if this doesn't scream future bundle, I don't know what does. Check out the "key" features.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures

Key Features
  • AUTHENTIC PAC-MAN AND THE GHOSTLY ADVENTURES UNIVERSE
  • OUT OF THIS WORLD POWER-UPS
  • ALL NEW MP AND MAZE MODES
  • PLAYABLE VEHICLES
I want another Pac-Man World 2 (3 doesn't exist in my mind) and Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. Or just PC versions of them. Come on Namco, time to get some PC gamer cred :whee:

...and yes I will be buying this once it hits $5...

I'll just leave this picture of Commander Shepherd here:

why does she have liver spots?

I have bacon flavored moonshine

This should get me everything
hmmmm, the wonders of CAG 3.0

Just bought it (*edit* it being FF VII) for $3+tax a few minutes ago. Still showing up at $3.00 promo price when I go to storefront on the web.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.285183700/Final_Fantasy_VII.html
I bought it, where do you find your Steam key for it?

I'm a huge fan of Orcs Must Die. There's a demo on Steam and tons of videos on YouTube to check out. It is a FPS Tower Defense game with good humor, excellent production quality from an indie dev, tons of flexibility and creativity in character/trap selection, and a huge amount of gameplay to be had if you buy the complete pack for $8.74. It also has Co-op MP, workshop support, and a snappy soundtrack. Hands down my favorite indie game. I don't think I have played an indie game with this level of quality.

Edit: plus if more people buy it, then I have more people to play in MP or scoreboard compete with!
I dunno if I'd agree that there's tons of gameplay, but what it does, it does really damn well.

I looked into All Zombies Must Die a while ago, it looked like it was good. Any opinions?

I hope my new GTX 770 can max it out. :razz:
There's absolutely nothing remarkable about AZMD. My Steam rec: "Starts off as a pretty engaging twin-stick shooter, but by the end you'll feel like you've done everything at least twice. There are several different game mechanics in play (stat points, crafting), but nothing really stands out and the crafting especially becomes very predictable. It looks, sounds, and runs good, and there's lots of fourth-wall humor and pop culture references, but the overall experience is flat. Maybe it's better in co-op, but I doubt it."

They send you an email to the address you register to uplay with, which has an activation key in it. It took a few minutes for me to get the email when I bought it.

Or you can look under "Account Information" in the Uplay client. It shows up there immediately.
I checked under my uplay account under order history and it says

Final Fantasy VII
  • Processing serial number or unlock code.
  • PC
  • Other
so, just gotta be patient and wait. ;)

Sleeping Dogs for $4.99 and same for FO:NV Ultimate......should I finally bite on both? 

It's silly I've been holding out on Sleeping Dogs this long just because I know I missed a price glitch. lmao

Sleeping Dogs for $4.99 and same for FO:NV Ultimate......should I finally bite on both?

It's silly I've been holding out on Sleeping Dogs this long just because I know I missed a price glitch. lmao
Definitely bite on Fallout. Doubt it'll get lower than 5 bucks anytime soon, if ever. Plus it's totally worth it. I finished a playthrough this winter that was around 65 hours, without any mods that add content, and only finished 2 of the dlc packs. And I didn't do a whole bunch of the base game quests, either. Plus there are different ways you can finish the game, what with the faction system, etc, so there's a pretty high replayability. I've never played Sleeping Dogs, though. But considering it's already down the five bucks and it just came out last year, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you saw it drop below five eventually. But get new vegas.

Waiting for Aliens: CM + Season Pass Humble Bundle. ;)
mysterd and mns humble bundle instead acm sp was in sale during gmg sale for 8 buccks yo why u do this man. pile of asshole or viet hate bundle $1 jeeremy banres the jerk barney, unjustified mooby(jk messingn with u mooby) bta NSA and the corruptedd govt!! now that bundle of jerks hahha not mooby that joke tho. the bonus at one buck would be barney family and govt family

Definitely bite on Fallout. Doubt it'll get lower than 5 bucks anytime soon, if ever. Plus it's totally worth it. I finished a playthrough this winter that was around 65 hours, without any mods that add content, and only finished 2 of the dlc packs. And I didn't do a whole bunch of the base game quests, either. Plus there are different ways you can finish the game, what with the faction system, etc, so there's a pretty high replayability. I've never played Sleeping Dogs, though. But considering it's already down the five bucks and it just came out last year, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you saw it drop below five eventually. But get new vegas.
Yes definitely get Fallout New Vegas, I've had a blast playing it, plus it has hookers and moonshine. No wonder I've enjoyed it.

Dunno how much cheaper you can expect New Vegas to get.  Definitely get it for $5.  As far as Sleeping Dogs -- Squeenix Humble Budle.  I just can't see EA, Deep Silver, Kalypso, and other publishers doing Humble Bundles and not eventually seeing Sega and Squeenix there.  Especially when they slash prices pretty aggressively.

Stupid ass Geforce Experience is recommending that "Optimized" settings for Arkham Origins are with everything turned up to max on my 770, meanwhile if I leave everything at max the physx ruins my framerate. That's not what I call optimized. And every time I get into a combat scenario the fps drops from 60 to 30. But holy shit TXAA looks so pretty.

I have to turn off Physx and DX11 enhanced AO to keep 60fps but I guess that's what I get for not buying a Titan.

Hah, you had me thinking about getting a 770 but now I think I'll just stick with ghetto 760.
It's probably dat TXAA, but it looks so beautiful. I was reading about how AC3 was limited to 3 CPU cores but they fixed it in 4. I hope I can max out 4 cause that's the whole reason I upgraded. I can live without physx.

According to the benchmark I can max Tomb Raider with TressFX off and FXAA and keep 60fps. If I change from FXAA to 2x SSAA then it's 40-60 fps.

Geforce experience is worthless, it tells me to choose settings that perform horribly.

Played Sleeping Dogs on PS3 via PS+. It is a pretty good game. Basically GTA meets HK undercover cop movie.

Has anyone put money into Gotham Imposters? Anything with buying?
I bought it when it wasn't F2P (it IS F2P now, right?). Save your pennies. It's a fun game in small doses but I felt it got old very quickly. Worth trying out though, some of the powerups are silly silly silly.

I finally bit on Sleeping Dogs during the summer sale at 75%, but of course haven't touched it before this 80% sale, sigh..  Eh, no matter, it went right near the top of the stack, plan to play it shortly to scratch the open-world itch and help prevent me from caving on a console version of GTA V.  Must be strong.

My question is one that always comes up when SD goes on sale, but I had trouble finding the previous responses in this thread - of the 3 story DLCs (Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament, Nightmare in North Point), which ones are worth it, if any?  Nightmare is 80% off, $1.39, for Halloween, and the other two are at 50% like the rest of the DLC.  I kind of remember seeing opinions that the base game has a ton of content, and none of them are really necessary.  Maybe I'll at least grab Nightmare for a buck+change?

edit: Seconding any recommendations for Ninja Blade, finished it on 360 a while back - fun action game, but what sets it apart are its absolutely over-the-top setpieces, really creative and quite a spectacle.  I had forgotten it was by From Software, now glad to make the connection after playing 3D Dot Game Heroes/Demon's Souls/Dark Souls..  Definitely worth $4 if you're tempted at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back