The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we're scoring bad games now.. I'll give Narco Terror a 3.5 and Damnation a 4.5.
Hmm... I was thinking about buying Narco terror but 3.5 seems like a pretty low score. Maybe I should add them both to my cart which will make them a 8.0 game together.

I rate Day One: Garry's Incident a 2/10. what a waste of 8 bucks i spent on that
Based upon their reaction to review scores any money used to support the developer would be wasted...

I wouldn't buy a bundle with this game included... (Unless it was like Humble where I could send all of it to charity, etc..)

The reason most game review sites do not usually give review scores between 1-5 is because they do not go out of their way to review the really bad games. Most games they review are higher profile games from well known developers or games that have received a lot of hype/buzz on the internet. These games are usually above average quality which is why the scores on review sites are more skewed between 7-10.

A good example of this would be the game Radical Roach. It is a terrible game that barely anyone has heard of that deserves a score around a 1 or 2. No review site is going to take their time to review that game when they could be using that time to review a higher profile game. If you type in Radical Roach review in Google the number 3 search result is actually a review by MrNinjaSquirrel.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=radical+roach+review&oq=radical+roach+review&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.426874.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..31.serp..0.0.0._rhOkBpeq7o
No, I understand that and that is what irks me. Justification for "manipulation" does not make it correct. There is also the trend that many times the internet sheep take reviews and swing in their direction. A game is reviewed below average and it becomes the worst thing in the world, a game is reviewed above average and people are crying that it didn't get a ten. Two examples, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Binary Domain. Both average to slightly above average shooters, but you wouldn't guess it by the scores. I've played both to completion. If I were to rate these games, they'd both fall in the 5.5-6 range on a one to ten scale. They are both average and competent, but not much beyond that. AC:M does have decent sound design and familiar set pieces and BD has a fairly interesting story which is why neither are a straight 5. Neither games deserve their critic or user reviews on metacritic,IMO (and I don't like the way they weight their scores). This is pretty much why I go straight to CAG or youtube for opinions. I find people that are of my like mindset and see what they have to say. I certainly don't need IGN to tell me that 75% of the AAA games they review are going to be 7.5 and above. Though, I still use theirs and GameSpot's video reviews to make my own opinion.

Holy shit man, over one year later and I'm still finding traces of that damn Gamestop download client on my computer. That thing infested my PC and uninstalling it left all this shit behind that I come across now and then.
You need to be using Revo Uninstaller :bomb:

A good example of this would be the game Radical Roach. It is a terrible game that barely anyone has heard of that deserves a score around a 1 or 2. No review site is going to take their time to review that game when they could be using that time to review a higher profile game. If you type in Radical Roach review in Google the number 3 search result is actually a review by MrNinjaSquirrel.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=radical+roach+review&oq=radical+roach+review&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.426874.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..31.serp..0.0.0._rhOkBpeq7o
:rofl:

That game made me want to eat bleach to erase it from memory, most likely the worst thing I've ever played :headache:

Based upon their reaction to review scores any money used to support the developer would be wasted...

I wouldn't buy a bundle with this game included... (Unless it was like Humble where I could send all of it to charity, etc..)
Each dev has an individual slider. You can give 0 to one without taking it away from the others.

Woah... this just might be the next upcoming Humble Bundle. WB Games getting in on the action now. Saw this in the Amazon DVG thread and on NeoGAF.

1425522_10151968257189469_1869076284_n.png

-Scribblenauts Unlimited + five other WB Games titles. Hot Damn!

The other FIVE games could potentially come from this list of WB Interactive Entertainment titles on Steam:

• Bastion
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Batman Arkham City
  • D&D Online (F2P)
  • FEAR
  • FEAR Expansion Packs
  • FEAR 2
  • FEAR 3
  • Gotham City Imposters (F2P)
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth
  • Lego Batman
  • Lego Batman 2
  • Lego Harry Potter 1
  • Lego Harry Potter 2
  • Lego Lord of the Rings
  • Lord of the Rings Online (F2P)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Mortal Kombat Kollection
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited*
  • Watchmen The End is Nigh
  • Watchmen The End is Nigh 2

Unlikely WB Titles included:

• Batman Arkham Origins
  • Hot Wheels World's Best Driver
  • Injustice
  • Lego Marvel
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked

The other FIVE games could potentially come from this list of WB Interactive Entertainment titles on Steam:

• Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Lego Batman
  • Lego Harry Potter 1
  • Lego Lord of the Rings
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited*
^ My guesses.

As long as the FEAR games aren't in it (already have all of them), I'll buy. It'd be sweet if they put some of the lego games in there, I've been debating getting some bundled lego games in the past but never bitten.

As long as the FEAR games aren't in it (already have all of them), I'll buy. It'd be sweet if they put some of the lego games in there, I've been debating getting some bundled lego games in the past but never bitten.
Definitely. Batman games + LEGO games would make me a very happy camper indeed.

FrenchCows bundle is now live. Split into 2 packs. 9€ each, or 15€ for the season pass. Use the code 55cfc88a05 for 20% off. Coupon Code expires Nov 6th.

I figure most CAGs here won't be interested since there aren't any Steam/Desura games, it's all DRM-free (and the price is high).. but it's an interesting concept.

http://www.frenchcows.com/en/#.UnkkIOIlKUY

LegenDairy Pack:

Bloblocks
Gulag Paradise (enhanced version)
Get Well Soon
Never Alone Hotline (enhanced version)

Holy Cow Pack:

The Queen of Snakes
Eggz
Strange Masks
Rainbow Jail

LegenDairy Pack:

Bloblocks
Gulag Paradise (enhanced version)
Get Well Soon
Never Alone Hotline (enhanced version)

Holy Cow Pack:

The Queen of Snakes
Eggz
Strange Masks
Rainbow Jail
Those bundles are kinda cheesy.

I think most CAGers will be cowed by these prices. Besides, most of these games don't seem to have any real meat in them - they just don't make the cut as far as I'm cowncerned. (I'm late, so all the good puns were already used...)

You can't blame them for trying to skim a little off of the bundle market.  If they get even 2% or 1% of the buyers Humble does they would be happy.  Imagine if they got the whole amount!  

• Bastion
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Batman Arkham City
  • FEAR
  • FEAR Expansion Packs
  • FEAR 2
  • FEAR 3
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth
  • Lego Batman
  • Lego Batman 2
  • Lego Harry Potter 1
  • Lego Harry Potter 2