The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I hope the coming weekly is a 2k bundle. Both Batman's and Bioshock's in the same week would just be excellent.

And for fuck's sake, I have 500 games and I don't own these, wth is wrong with me?

New Bundle-In-A-Box coming up: The Indie Strategy Bundle

"Oh, and, of course, we are also more than excited to announce our very next bundle too: The Indie Strategy Bundle that will very soon be going live, with an impressive selection of indie strategy and tactical games."

War Of The Human Tanks in 3-2-1...

New Bundle-In-A-Box coming up: The Indie Strategy Bundle

"Oh, and, of course, we are also more than excited to announce our very next bundle too: The Indie Strategy Bundle that will very soon be going live, with an impressive selection of indie strategy and tactical games."

War Of The Human Tanks in 3-2-1...
I'll pay for War of the Human Tanks to not be included in the bundle. How much will it take?

FPS's have changed A LOT since Halo and COD2. Regen-health, much more linearity, no health-bars on-screen, and other things have become MUCH more common-place in the FPS arena.

FEAR 1 was still spitting out health-packs and that old-school style FPS gaming, back in its day.
Old school style FPS games are so much better. It's so stupid that all these games nowadays have you take cover for a few seconds after getting shot 5 times and you're fine. What happened to the bullet wound? How did you stop the bleeding? COD, Gears of War, Kane & Lynch, Army of Two, Duke Nukem Forever, etc...stupid. Halo? Fine, you have some nuclear core that regenerates your shield--why it doesn't explode is beyond me. Crysis? Okay, you have nanobots or some shit. But Marcus Fenix doesn't have squat, aside from bull steroids and a penchant for receiving angry dragons from Thrasher Cole.

Old school style FPS games are so much better. It's so stupid that all these games nowadays have you take cover for a few seconds after getting shot 5 times and you're fine. What happened to the bullet wound? How did you stop the bleeding? COD, Gears of War, Kane & Lynch, Army of Two, Duke Nukem Forever, etc...stupid. Halo? Fine, you have some nuclear core that regenerates your shield--why it doesn't explode is beyond me. Crysis? Okay, you have nanobots or some shit. But Marcus Fenix doesn't have squat, aside from bull steroids and a penchant for receiving angry dragons from Thrasher Cole.
In Darkness the supernatural heals you. In Dead Island, it's the energy drinks.

Meh, I've grown tired of playing games simply for technical graphics fidelity. If all that a game does well is push millions of pixels then I might as well just watch whatever nonsense James Cameron has recently cooked up. My case in point: Crysis 2. Tons of eye candy, but otherwise entirely mediocre. I'm getting dangerously close to ranting though, and that never goes anywhere particularly constructive, so this is the part where I shut up before I cause a wall of text to be born.
I'm with you there Mr Squirrel. Played both Crysis 2 & 3... both bored me to death... On the other hand, I seem to have infinite amounts of fun with FTL, and never get bored of it. It just depends on the person really. I like good graphics and all, but the games I seem to enjoy the most aren't usually ones that have superlative graphical capabilities.

Son of a bitch, Assassin's Creed 3 was working fine last week. Now it freezes my whole PC at the "inspired by historical events" screen every time. CPU goes up to 100% and computer stops responding. If I'm lucky I can end task after a few minutes. This is so frustrating.

Forgotten Sands runs really nice, solid 60fps. If you can't find the video settings, it's in a separate launcher in the game's install folder. It was going great til the graphics started freaking out in one room, hoping that clears up later.

Okay, not that I ever want people to remember to Duke Nukem Forever, but Duke doesn't have a health bar in that game. He's immune to bullets, they just bruise his ego.

Might be dead, the window pops up blank for me this morning. It worked fine yesterday evening.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for checking!

I'm having a weird problem where the Steam community site thinks I'm Turkish. Aside from wearing loose clothing and smoking a hookah, I'm not sure what to do about this. I can go to the store page by entering "store.steampowered.com/?cc=us" but that doesn't affect the community site. I am using Enhanced Steam on Chrome.

I'm having a weird problem where the Steam community site thinks I'm Turkish. Aside from wearing loose clothing and smoking a hookah, I'm not sure what to do about this. I can go to the store page by entering "store.steampowered.com/?cc=us" but that doesn't affect the community site. I am using Enhanced Steam on Chrome.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Foxhack/?l=english

That will fix the language. It looks like the language selection was removed from the community for some reason a while back... I had this happen to me too but in some European language I don't remember.

Oops. I didn't really mean to click on the game art to get this POP key so if anyone wants one...

POP-B3TM-7KML-AXBL-F8UJ
Thanks! Worked for me! Has anyone tried PoP or SH5 today...? The pop up window is blank for me across two different browsers...

(And if it does work... could someone shout me the SH5 code...?)

Bundle in a Box is live.

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

$2 minimum:

US and Them – Cold War (DRM Free)
AI War: Fleet Command (Steam + Desura + DRM Free)
Storm Over The Pacific (Desura + DRM Free)
Creeper World (DRM Free)
Strategic War in Europe (Desura + DRM Free)
The Trouble With Robots (DRM Free)
Age of Conquest III (Desura + DRM Free)

BTA for:

Mayhem Intergalactic (Steam + DRM Free)
Project Aftermath (Steam + DRM Free)
Fall Weiss (DRM Free)
Creeper World 2 (DRM Free)

Yeah, we all have got butter thing things to do today.

No. My "seriously, we're giving these cow puns rBST (recombinant bovine somatotropin)" yesterday in response to Eldredpe's complaining was the end of cow puns forever. Ultimate cow pun. So just no.

Grim Dawn is on Steam early access. http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

Don't care? What if I told you it's made by the Titan Quest guys, using the Titan Quest engine? This game seems like it's been in development forever and still has an extremely long way to go, but hopefully it'll be worth it. I'm just glad to see it on Steam, haven't heard anything about it in a while (not that I was actively listening.)

Also, cows.

I've been wanting the creeper world games but I don't trust BiaB will be around long enough to keep my DRM Free dls up.  I know CW3 is on greenlight.  

Today's deal is on the Anomaly franchise at 60% off.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth - $3.99

Anomaly 2 - $5.99

Anomaly Ultimate Bundle - $10 - Includes the above + Korea + Mobile Campaign

Korea and Mobile Campaign are new on Steam. Both were in Humble Bundles. I don't know if we'll get Steam keys for them or not yet.

What if I told you
GIXejLe.jpg

Today's deal is on the Anomaly franchise at 60% off.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth - $3.99

Anomaly 2 - $5.99

Anomaly Ultimate Bundle - $10 - Includes the above + Korea + Mobile Campaign

Korea and Mobile Campaign are new on Steam. Both were in Humble Bundles. I don't know if we'll get Steam keys for them or not yet.
thye must have done purposely just to make me wait for sale blah blah

Bundle in a Box is live.

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

$2 minimum:

US and Them – Cold War (DRM Free)
AI War: Fleet Command (Steam + Desura + DRM Free)
Storm Over The Pacific (Desura + DRM Free)
Creeper World (DRM Free)
Strategic War in Europe (Desura + DRM Free)
The Trouble With Robots (DRM Free)
Age of Conquest III (Desura + DRM Free)

BTA for:

Mayhem Intergalactic (Steam + DRM Free)
Project Aftermath (Steam + DRM Free)
Fall Weiss (DRM Free)
Creeper World 2 (DRM Free)
That's rather underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back