CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
NFS: HP 2010 ran fine on my current PC (i7 950; GF GTC 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 8).

But, it ran like crap on my previous much older rig - which was not super-long after game came out.
I tried it a week or so after launch on my last PC (E8500+HD4850) and it ran fine, but no matter what settings I changed it looked awful, mainly because foliage, fences, buildings, etc all looked like flat cut-outs.

Sigh. Hit 30 missions in TSW today, and got my bonus 1200 points only to find out that they expire in 30 days. So, I likely won't be able to get Issue #9 for free, and #8 looks like major weaksauce.

I can't really recommend Civ V. It's not bad but a little too formulaic and the 'tricks' to victory/manipulating the AI can be figured out after a few playthroughs. Your money is better off on another 4x.
On the other hand, if you already OWN Civ 5 then G&K and BNW make it a bajllion times better.

Interesting. Everything I read on the forum said they do disappear after 30 days, and normal bonus points expire after 180.
This is what I see on my account page.

Capture.png

someone sell me on buying Civ V upgrade or to wait for it (still haven't played the main game)
The Gold Edition upgrade does not include Scrambled Continents Map Pack, Scrambled Nations Map Pack and Brave New World. I think there will be more dlcs/expansions to come until they release Civilization VI.

...I still can't decide if I want to pick this up or not...
(I only played a bit of BTR1)
I don't have any Bit.Trip games but I will wait for the complete collection, Bit.Trip Flux should be coming to steam soon. There is also a good chance we may see a Humble Weekly for Gaijin Games next year.

Just FYI, probably everybody on the planet has these games but me, but I had them on my wishlist. Deus Ex & Deus Ex: Invisible War are $1.79 each. 

Highly recommend the Humble Bundle puppygames Weekly sale. You can get Steam keys if you pay more than the avg (currently $3.52). Pack has four games. I've listed them in my preference order, from best to marginally good:

Ultratron - twin stick shooter like Robotron (game even uses some of the original sound effects) I made it to level 100 and got owned.

Revenge of the Titans - RTS/tower defense

Droid Assault - battle through levels, building up a team of robots by taking over enemy robots

Titan Attacks - space invaders

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
you dont get steam keys no more more like the games get added to your account

Just FYI, probably everybody on the planet has these games but me, but I had them on my wishlist. Deus Ex & Deus Ex: Invisible War are $1.79 each.
I don't have Invisible War but FYI they are $2.79 each, not $1.79 each. Either you mistyped or they lowered the deal.

What was your opinion of NFS MW 2012?
I unfortunately never got that title. I enjoyed the 05 original hahah

Like I said about Rivals, the biggest thing is the incorporation of the constant online world full of racer and cop players. It adds a much needed dynamic feeling similar to what Burnout Paradise did years ago. This time though being able to summon AI units to race against and pursue while still surrounded by real players is really fun. The Quick Nav, or whatever it is called, is super helpful and allows you to seemlessly jump from event to event or even find other people competing in events to mess with.

(I am sick and so today I actually stayed in and played Rivals for multiple hours) : P

CAG Pinball fans:

The Pinball FX2 (Zen Pinball) Star Wars Balance the Force tables are 50%, $0.99 off on Android. Google Play.

I unfortunately never got that title. I enjoyed the 05 original hahah
Thanks. That sounds remarkably like what reviews I read were saying about that aspect. (And arguably the new thing being tried in Rivals.)

Did anybody else get The Pit?

Man, this game is fun.

Do I need to learn recipes by trial and error, or do you discover recipes?
You can look them up, alternatively. They don't change from game to game… but yeah either trial and error or decoding messages. One of the more awkward mechanics of the game.

Re: Invisible War. Terrible terrible terrible game. Not worth playing. Total console bastardization of Deus Ex. The level design is painfully small and they've removed any meaningful character specialization.

tempted to buy physical copy of Rage from Amazon at $5 ... but not sure if it has a Steam key
Just an FYI, but the last several times Newegg has had the physical copy on sale, they've actually been Anarchy Editions. I'm not sure if Amazon would be similar.

Also, it seems to go on sale more often as a normal daily/weekly as opposed to during the bigger sales now.

Just an FYI, but the last several times Newegg has had the physical copy on sale, they've actually been Anarchy Editions. I'm not sure if Amazon would be similar.
Heads up, they must be out of Anarchy Editions at Newegg, because last time I bought one I got the standard.
Also for all you Civ fans, if I have the base Civ 5 game and I want all the DLC, all I need is the Gold Upgrade and G&K, correct?

good point

do you really want it that bad tho? it just seems a bit random. rage has been out for awhile and been five bucks a bunch of times.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it on Xbox 360 and was wanting to play it again. I've only gotten into PC gaming this year. It's something I'm wanting to play in the next couple weeks or so, so definitely wanting to pick it up sooner rather than later. Not just to backlog :]

Shit.. I didn't redeem it and sold it because I was pissed it didn't say Anarchy on the box. Whoops.
Yeah, I think it was actually Mooby that may have mentioned it before. I was ticked as well, but figured I'd just go ahead and activate it. Apparently they had more Anarchy key inserts than actual Anarchy cover art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back