CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
When should you buy a steam sale game? Cause I'm tempted in getting psychonauts, deus ex goty, deus ex hr dc, and terraria because they all are 75% off. Should I really hold out for a lower price or go ahead and get them?

Ittle Dew - yay or nay? It's $2.99 on the Humble Store. I know it's been bundled before but it was BTA and I didn't want any of the other stuff.
I rather enjoyed it. It looks like it's a Zelda clone but it really isn't, as it is entirely block puzzles (some hate them, I like them) similar to Mcguffin's Curse. It is only about 2 hours long (a bit more if you want to do the master cave, bones levels), but is a cute and easy to enjoy while it lasts. Also it has cards.

Further thoughts:whistle2:->Steam Review<--

Sidenote: I find it rather hilarious that I have to pass an age gate when viewing the Steam store page :rofl:

When should you buy a steam sale game? Cause I'm tempted in getting psychonauts, deus ex goty, deus ex hr dc, and terraria because they all are 75% off. Should I really hold out for a lower price or go ahead and get them?
Deus Ex: HR DX is the lowest it's going to go on Steam during this sale, and the original won't be cheaper either (though it was on GMG a few days ago). Psychonauts could be cheaper if it gets a flash/community deal (can't see it as a daily) since it has been bundled several times and DF often discounts their games past -75% (see the Brutal Legend flash deal a few days back).

Typically the rule of Steam sales is: if it's a daily/community/flash deal at a price you like buy it. Anything else wait until the end of the sale to pick them up.

Thinking of getting Endless Space Gold. I don't have experience with 4X games and from the reviews this is apparently less intense or complex than some of the other games in the genre. For those who have played it, your thoughts?

Looks like it will go through Friday morning, so I have some time to decide.

Typically the rule of Steam sales is: if it's a daily/community/flash deal at a price you like buy it. Anything else wait until the end of the sale to pick them up.
You forgot to mention the golden rule for CAG, any price glitch above 90% off, buy first talk later. :D

And finally...

jZUQDht.jpg

I am very happy all of you will be able to play my favorite indie game of the year!  If u dont like Guacamelee, there is something wrong with u!

I'm still bummed out about the lack of an additional discount for Pac Man as a Flash Deal. I hope Steam re-runs it again with a discount applied. 

Why would you deprive yourself of pleasure by not playing Guacamelee for months?  When hot women offer you sex do you put them in the back of your closet for later use?

I played and beat it on my Vita, but if you haven't tried it yet, please buy Guacamelee!  It's really great.  Talk to people more than once, as well - some of the dialogue is funny as hell.

I am very happy all of you will be able to play my favorite indie game of the year! If u dont like Guacamelee, there is something wrong with u!
too much jenna haze spanking fuck indies i wont buy it i dont like most indie unless it coop or it zombies aliens so suck ass and this sales reaks of pasports sunasun and everyone diaper

~eyes widen up at the newest vote~ Hot damn. War for the Overworld is somehow there and it's up against games that have been on sale before.  If it wins, then I'm gonna buy it the next time I wake up

~eyes widen up at the newest vote~ Hot damn. War for the Overworld is somehow there and it's up against games that have been on sale before. If it wins, then I'm gonna buy it the next time I wake up
That's a very good point... Maybe I should have voted for it? Heh?

Honestly, I just sort of voted without looking in the thread for talk about the game this time... :(

I really wish they allowed someone to change there votes.

As for Guacamole... I don't even like it in my food let alone in my video games so i wonder if I should wait for a cheaper and/or bundled price.

As for Guacamole... I don't even like it in my food let alone in my video games so i wonder if I should wait for a cheaper and/or bundled price.
I got it from the Humble Store. Played a couple hours straight. 2 hours of pure fun, was hard to stop playing it, but need to play the secret world... and card farming :)

I'm about 10 minutes in Guacamelee and I think I've just read the greatest math joke of all time

"I'm a mathlete. Can you digit?"

That joke alone was worth the $3.25

And also the game is great.

I was actually playing a game before on steam, was playing some Shadow Warrior and its pretty good. 6 hrs in and only on chapter 7 out of 17. i give it a 7.5

Did you guys see they announced an enhanced Guacamelee for next gen consoles? Depending on what they add, we might be up for a double dip on it. We loved local co op play with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back