CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
so was that post about the Steam Blog posting today and tomorrow's deal's legit? if so what a shitty bunch of deals for the next two days.

So I just bought Giana Sisters, but I didn't gain any progress to my next card. Is the store having issues? I tried adding some stuff to my cart and it shows I won't gain any progress towards another card. Anyone else have this issue?

Alright, Steam Thread. I'm going for my Saturday morning run. After I return, I will check the thread, and the person who has quoted this post with the closest guess as to the distance I ran (American standard) will be gifted my extra copy of Don't Starve. I was thinking of offering it in trade for a copy of Savant Ascent, but I think this will be more fun; AND I get to add to thread bloat; AND it gives me reason not to wimp out before I hit my target distance because I'll have to acknowledge publicly how far I ran; AND I may just run a little extra just because. So, yeah, have at it. I won't say when I'll be back, but I will be hitting the sauna and shower afterward, so don't assume that a longer absence means a longer distance and continuously edit posts. Whatever distance you guessed at the time I see your post is what I count as your guess. This contest is not in any way endorsed by Facebook or its subsidiaries.
halolz-dot-com-pokemon-wobbuffet-comeatmebro.jpg
I'm going with 5.7 miles

Alright, Steam Thread. I'm going for my Saturday morning run. After I return, I will check the thread, and the person who has quoted this post with the closest guess as to the distance I ran (American standard) will be gifted my extra copy of Don't Starve. I was thinking of offering it in trade for a copy of Savant Ascent, but I think this will be more fun; AND I get to add to thread bloat; AND it gives me reason not to wimp out before I hit my target distance because I'll have to acknowledge publicly how far I ran; AND I may just run a little extra just because. So, yeah, have at it. I won't say when I'll be back, but I will be hitting the sauna and shower afterward, so don't assume that a longer absence means a longer distance and continuously edit posts. Whatever distance you guessed at the time I see your post is what I count as your guess. This contest is not in any way endorsed by Facebook or its subsidiaries.
Alright, I'll toss my hat in the ring and say 10 miles.

EDIT: I feel like I'm playing The Price is Right for Triathletes.

All these fools wantin to spend any amount of money on a free to play game.

Alright, Steam Thread. I'm going for my Saturday morning run. After I return, I will check the thread, and the person who has quoted this post with the closest guess as to the distance I ran (American standard) will be gifted my extra copy of Don't Starve. I was thinking of offering it in trade for a copy of Savant Ascent, but I think this will be more fun; AND I get to add to thread bloat; AND it gives me reason not to wimp out before I hit my target distance because I'll have to acknowledge publicly how far I ran; AND I may just run a little extra just because. So, yeah, have at it. I won't say when I'll be back, but I will be hitting the sauna and shower afterward, so don't assume that a longer absence means a longer distance and continuously edit posts. Whatever distance you guessed at the time I see your post is what I count as your guess. This contest is not in any way endorsed by Facebook or its subsidiaries.[/spoiler]
Awesome idea. Guessing 2.3 mi but just for larfs; don't need the game.

re: Shellshock 2 - It is a bad game, but it's one that I finished hoping the whole time it would get better. It never did. Don't be like me. I also played the original; almost as bad.

All these fools wantin to spend any amount of money on a free to play game.
Wow. I haven't complained about the community yet, but i'm actually shocked by this vote. SNOW isn't even close to being fun yet. It has potential but is a long freaking way from being finished. Going to be lots of complaining by blind purchasers in the forums tonight.

Conversely, i'm sure sales of Early Access have been stagnant, so the guy making it probably could use the cash to hire someone else.

In sad news, this means my plan to buy a bunch of Pool Nation gifts to pass around needs to be revised.

Well, I'm sick.  Again.  I'm blaming Steam's weak sales and lackluster community votes for causing my immune system to fall asleep on the job.

8 miles

I'm guessing 20 feet to your front door to check the weather, then back to your computer for another Bad Rats session. All right, maybe another 15 feet to get the morning paper & the mail.

Well, I'm sick. Again. I'm blaming Steam's weak sales and lackluster community votes for causing my immune system to fall asleep on the job.
Get well soon. Hopefully at this rate steam doesn't just give us all a case of ebola.

unfortunately, that game is supposed to be horrid
Yes, I know, I know. But as a fan of the show I'd be willing to try it anyway for $5 or less. Yes I shouldn't, but my curiosity often gets the better of me.

Nope, nope, nope. I'm-a gonna be strong. I have too many games to play. I will probably play this game one more time and never touch it again.
y u talk 2 yoself?

I'm guessing 20 feet to your front door to check the weather, then back to your computer for another Bad Rats sessions. All right, maybe another 15 feet to get the monring paper & the mail.
You forgot the jog to the sauna (read: bathtub).

I can't believe $7.50 SNOW took the vote... Early access and pricey... I was hoping for $3 Pool and wouldn't be surprised at $10 NASCAR...

Edit: This infotainment is for the purpose of covering my NDA'd ass, since I have early access to the voting results.

EDIT: 5.6 seems low, I'm going to guess 7.3

I'm going with 5.7 miles

Alright, I'll toss my hat in the ring and say 10 miles.

EDIT: I feel like I'm playing The Price is Right for Triathletes.

Awesome idea. Guessing 2.3 mi but just for larfs; don't need the game.

I'm guessing 20 feet to your front door to check the weather, then back to your computer for another Bad Rats session. All right, maybe another 15 feet to get the morning paper & the mail.
Guesses are in, editing down the post and then declaring the winner.

Understandable that for the most part people guesses longer distances the longer I was out, but it should also have been a fair assumption that I would make sure to be home in time for the deals to flip.  Gotta catch them glitches.

Don't Starve will be delivered to xCappax who made an exact guess of 3.5 miles, or 42 laps at the indoor track at the park district.  madjoki was on the right track converting 5K as I started running 3.5mi in training for my first 5K a few months ago.  Chrono Gear would have been right had I given in to the fact that was hurting at the end from skipping last weekend, but I pushed on.

Those of you who guessed higher are making me think I'm not trying hard enough.  Maybe I should go for longer next time.

Thanks to everyone who played!

Understandable that for the most part people guesses longer distances the longer I was out, but it should also have been a fair assumption that I would make sure to be home in time for the deals to flip. Gotta catch them glitches.
It's the only surprise left in store.. ^_~

I'm missing Deluxe portion of AC3.

If I do wind-up liking AC3, maybe I'd jump just for Deluxe just for the DLC.

For those who have all of the AC3 DLC's - how are they?
The DLC sucked. You can use some cool powers in it but I just didn't like the storyline or the idea that (not a specific spoiler, probably safe to read)

That it's just a what-if sort of day dream that never really happened. This is clear from the beginning so I didn't just spoil an ending twist.
If you love AC3 then grab the DLC for cheap, but I felt it was a big let down. It's pretty sizeable, 3 installments that last probably at least 1.5-2 hours each? The AC4 DLC is pretty great tho.

im only glad nascar lost if it pops up 1 more time once im stocked up on fun money 

whats killed me all sale is the deals popped up before i had time to card grind

The answer to everyone's question is yes, Gunpoint is totally worth it at that price, and yes, the soundtrack is excellent, and yes, it's worth getting the soundtrack edition.

One caveat is that despite the simple graphic style, it ran choppily on my laptop, so don't expect it to run well on considerably older machines.

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-wobbuffet-comeatmebro.jpg
Why don't you post the distance on your FB? I spent a lot of time stalking you for nothing. Jerk.

Would totally grab brothers if I didn't already use an amazon gift card to get it earlier this week.

Also, every time I am ready for the glitches they don't show!

Understandable that for the most part people guesses longer distances the longer I was out, but it should also have been a fair assumption that I would make sure to be home in time for the deals to flip. Gotta catch them glitches.

Don't Starve will be delivered to xCappax who made an exact guess of 3.5 miles, or 42 laps at the indoor track at the park district. madjoki was on the right track converting 5K as I started running 3.5mi in training for my first 5K a few months ago. Chrono Gear would have been right had I given in to the fact that was hurting at the end from skipping last weekend, but I pushed on.

Those of you who guessed higher are making me think I'm not trying hard enough. Maybe I should go for longer next time.

Thanks to everyone who played!
I was stalking you, thanks for the gift. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back