CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My haul: 

Steam:

CS:GO
Valdis Story
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass x6
XCOM: Enemy Within
Company of Heroes 2 (gift)
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle (gift)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord
Castlestorm Complete Edition
Skullgirls 4 Pack
Don't Starve
Sanctum 2 Season Pass
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Thaumaturge
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Blue Blood
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Arcane Mechanics
Pinball FX2 - Captain America Table
Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack
Trackmania Valley 5 pack
The Secret World: Massive Edition
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass x2

Gamersgate:

Borderlands 2 Mercenary Day DLC

GMG:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents
Borderlands 2 UVHUP 2

Amazon:

Rochard - Hard Times
Quantum Conundrum Pack
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis
Super Taxi Driver

Actually yeah, since I changed my password a few weeks ago. Changing is done from within the client and doesn't lock you out, resetting is typical of resetting your password from any site (sends you an email with a link, etc.) which does lock you out. Valve has been tightening up security especially in terms of the community market, so it would be wise to check beforehand that doing something won't lock you out.

I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, and now that you've explained what happened I can see why you'd be annoyed, I just find when people get annoyed when Valve is trying to protect you to be a bit ridiculous.
Not sure how you are inferring I am annoyed from what I wrote. I had to change the password for security issues/worries too. So having a guard in place does makes sense. I patiently waited until hours after it said it'll be kicked back in to trade, but it hasn't. Hours to go before the cards I collected poof, so not to worried yet.

How is Counter-Strike: GO? Will it play fine with a normal USB mouse and standard movement keys, or is this a game that plays better with higher end gaming equipment?

Not sure how you are inferring I am annoyed from what I wrote. I had to change the password for security issues/worries too. So having a guard in place does makes sense. I patiently waited until hours after it said it'll be kicked back in to trade, but it hasn't. Hours to go before the cards I collected poof, so not to worried yet.
My mistake, I suppose I read wrong and jumbled your post in with someone else who was complaining that they got locked out of the market. I thought it was a two week wait though, did they change something?

How is Counter-Strike: GO? Will it play fine with a normal USB mouse and standard movement keys, or is this a game that plays better with higher end gaming equipment?
I'm not sure what you mean by "higher end equipment", but yeah it plays perfectly fine with a standard M/KB setup. I can't speak for the quality of the game, but a CAG on my friends list by the name of LazyTriangle plays it almost exclusively, so clearly it does something right.

My haul, sorry for the shitty font. For some reason some only show up in subscriptions.

0knw93X.jpg

How come Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition isn't on sale anymore?  I was waiting to see if it would be a flash sale before i bought it and its not on sale anymore.  I thought those sales were on at least through tomorrow?

Haul

Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition

Endless Space + Disharmony

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

FTL: Faster Than Light

Long Live The Queen

Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition

M&B: Warband - Napoleonic Wars

Papers, Please

RPG Maker VX Ace

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

State of Decay

The Witcher 2

Various Crusader Kings II DLCs

Various Tropico 4 DLCs

How come Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition isn't on sale anymore? I was waiting to see if it would be a flash sale before i bought it and its not on sale anymore. I thought those sales were on at least through tomorrow?
All the sale pages for the previous round of flash/dailies timers ended today. The recap sale continue through tomorrow.

I hate buying popular cards during the big sales. It's a huge hassle. They're almost always sold before you can click accept the disclaimer and buy unless you're willing to overpay for them.

Some of them go so fast I almost feel like some people must be using bots or something.
F5 on a browser. The disclaimer check box doesn't uncheck either, like on the Steam client, so it's two clicks instead of 3. Takes a few tries, but I was able to buy a couple cards under market value.

Well, I just crafted my badge...and got nothing of interest.  Oh well.  It was my first badge, so I'm pretty sure I got an achievement or something.

Sooo what was errybody's haul?
Link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322295-the-steam-deals-thread-v10-holiday-sale-is-now-%E2%80%94-daily-deals-8-hourly-flash-salescommunitys-choice-deals/page-363#entry11374854

So, what's everyone's HAUL so far during Winter Sale 2013?

Purchases:

Amazon DVG:

YDKJ Classic 9 Pack (DRM-FREE);

London 2012 (DRM-FREE);

Aliens: CM (Steam);

Defiance (Non-Steam);

All of the Risen 2 DLC (A Pirates Clothes, Treasure Isle, & Air Temple) [Steam];

Fable 1: The Lost Chapters (Steam);

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Steam);

Legacy Of Kain Pack [Soul Reaver 1 + 2 & Blood Omen 2 & LoK: Defiance] (Steam).

Gamersgate:

D&D Anthology: Master Collection (DRM-FREE) [paid w/ Blue Coins built-up over the years].

Steam Purchases:

Blade Symphony.

ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead.

Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile DLC.

GreenManGaming Purchases:

Remember Me (Steam).

Humble Bundle Purchases:

Penny Arcade Bundle - Tier #1

Trades / Deals Made:

Dead Island: Riptide (Steam).

Games From Code-Drops:

Snapshot (Steam).

Games Gifted / Given To Me:

Steam:

Bioshock: Infinite - Season Pass;

Wizardry 6+7+8 pack;

Fowl Space (from TebowDragon for voting for RF:G)

Jet Set Radio.

Cave Story +

Don't Starve

VVVVVV

GOG:

Theme Hospital

Special Thanks to everyone for sending me Gifts that did & those who did public code-drops!

If you'd like to be mentioned for gifting me stuff (other than Tebow), just say so!

WTF 

my last two bingo cards didn't have a SINGLE game in the recap day on them. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

djfoieawjfwojfoejwaflksanfaouwefwieoeaj

Well, I don't think I'm buying anything else.  My haul was Beat Hazard Complete, The Binding Of Isaac, Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb, Super Hexagon, Hotline Miami, PixelJunk Eden, Poker Night 2, Ys The Oath in Felghana, Ys Origin, Ys I and II Chronicles, The Mawsome Pack, Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile, and Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC.

Total ~$27.  Now I just have to buy a new graphics card and maybe I can play some of them.

I sold all of my cards. I was missing like 4 of them and I didn't feel like paying out of pocket to finish it. I netted a $1.00 out of the whole thing. After a couple of years I might even able to buy a game.

Ughhhhhh

Okay if you advertise the sale to last until the 3rd you should keep your sale prices until then (the non flash deals and daily deal prices).

God...I've only had Steam for a few months and their sales already piss me off.

Ughhhhhh

Okay if you advertise the sale to last until the 3rd you should keep your sale prices until then (the non flash deals and daily deal prices).

There was an accurate timer above the sale price on all the pages...

Ughhhhhh

But the page sale timers specifically said the end date on them. I'm not sticking up for Valve, but it seems kind of obvious to me.

There was an accurate timer above the sale price on all the pages...

But the page sale timers specifically said the end date on them. I'm not sticking up for Valve, but it seems kind of obvious to me.

Come on guys, Steam either should have advertised the sale ending today and done a "surprise" encore, or just extended everything until tomorrow. The conflicting dates (front page and timers) were just unnecessarily confusing to many people.

But on the main page it says through the 3rd. I look at my Wishlist and see the almost 30 games on sale and if they aren't a part of the Flash and Daily deals then one should suspect that the prices last the whole sale. I shouldn't have to look at numerous pages just to keep track of end dates.

Oh well.

Come on guys, Steam either should have advertised the sale ending today and done a "surprise" encore, or just extended everything until tomorrow. The conflicting dates (front page and timers) were just unnecessarily confusing to many people.
I don't see how it's confusing as today is the 3rd...somewhere. Stop siding with the lowest common denominator, it's beneath a dapper fox in a top hat.

I don't see how it's confusing as today is the 3rd...somewhere. Stop siding with the lowest common denominator, it's beneath a dapper fox in a top hat.
But then tomorrow will be the 4th somewhere, so it would still be inaccurate.

Not everyone is clicking through. This is like a retail store putting a huge banner outside advertising a sale on EVERYTHING until a certain date. Then you go on the last day of the sale and find out by EVERYTHING they really just meant a few things and EVERYTHING stopped being on sale yesterday.

I'm just saying, it was a stupid way to run the sale by Steam and was begging for this type of confusion from the start.

So we're back to this argument again? Keep it going, guys. *gets popcorn*
Sorry, let's go back to all the good deals Steam is running right now.

Edit:

And is there a reason Gary's Mod is a bestseller? Do you need it to play some other actual game?

Sorry to trouble you, sir.
Keep posting deals, we'll "discuss" them by complaining because we're on the internet. The GMG & Gamefly threads often get overlooked or are completely non-existent. If nothing else, it's a good way to find out if what you think might be a good deal actually is. It's also a good way to learn what is potential bundle fodder (i.e. everything).

For instance: Superfrog HD is 50% off!

This is a bad deal. Not because of the price, or because it has been bundled before, but because it's a piece of crap.

Sorry, let's go back to all the good deals Steam is running right now.

Edit:
And is there a reason Gary's Mod is a bestseller? Do you need it to play some other actual game?
Garry's Mod is amazing. You "need" other games to play it. However I think a lot of the optional content from owning other games is available in the workshop meow.

after beating the game 5 times and playing 158 hours (actually that's combined for EU and EW, i wish steam would differentiate how much time i played in each) i can safely say that XCOM Enemy Within is my 2013 goty. now come serious turn based strategy withdrawal and figuring out what to play next. i heard Bad Rats is quite the title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back