CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really want a daunting task, help me figure out how to spend 49,000,000 Galapoints.
are those like frequent flyer miles? can you do what George Clooney did in Up in the Air and give them to your sister so she can have the honeymoon she always wanted? and btw, the love interest in that movie, not that hot...

If he caves, he's gonna have a lot of refund requests to deal with. I didn't buy it, because I wasn't interested enough, but I doubt he'll cave for this game. If the sales strategy fails (I'm sure it will), he'll more likely abandon the game and work on other projects.
Yeah. I see this as more likely. The way I see it, it's a multiplayer only game where the developer has come right out and said that you shouldn't expect any attempts to boost the multiplayer community down the road. It will be left to die. I see no good reason to buy it right now, knowing that.

Giving out copies of Deadfall Adventures & The Raven to random viewers :)
Thanks for the stream, didn't win, but Deadfall Adventures is definitely on my radar now.

are those like frequent flyer miles? can you do what George Clooney did in Up in the Air and give them to your sister so she can have the honeymoon she always wanted? and btw, the love interest in that movie, not that hot...
If only. And who was the love interest? Was it the cup chick?

Elder Scrolls Online seems to be spamming sales on every store but Steam today. Not sure if it will end up on Steam or not.

It also seems fairly likely to me that it will go F2P or monthly fee optional eventually giving the histories of Star Wars: The Old Republic and The Secret World which are both similarly highly solo-able and functionaly like a single player CRPG and traditional MMO mashup.

I enjoyed being in the beta but I'm just not convinced it's worth plunking down $60ish for something that's then tied to a $15 a month fee to play even if you have no intention of playing with other people, which is quite doable in that game.

So I played the first episode of Saturday Morning RPG. It's a lot like Costume Quest so far, but with more depth to the combat. Not gonna give a mini review yet, as the first episode is pretty short.. but I'll try to when I'm finished with it.

I think if you liked Costume Quest and 80's references, you'll love Saturday Morning RPG.

Steam keys are available now in Groupees page.
They are also available on Indie Royale if you purchased the Debut 6 bundle.

Edited: Looks like I also missed the added Steam keys for Gunman Clive (Debut 1) and Beast Boxing Turbo (Debut 2). I should check that bundle wiki more often.

So I played the first episode of Saturday Morning RPG. It's a lot like Costume Quest so far, but with more depth to the combat. Not gonna give a mini review yet, as the first episode is pretty short.. but I'll try to when I'm finished with it.

I think if you liked Costume Quest and 80's references, you'll love Saturday Morning RPG.
I've never played Costume Quest, but I do love Assetto Corsa. Will I like like it?

Elder Scrolls Online seems to be spamming sales on every store but Steam today. Not sure if it will end up on Steam or not.

It also seems fairly likely to me that it will go F2P or monthly fee optional eventually giving the histories of Star Wars: The Old Republic and The Secret World which are both similarly highly solo-able and functionaly like a single player CRPG and traditional MMO mashup.

I enjoyed being in the beta but I'm just not convinced it's worth plunking down $60ish for something that's then tied to a $15 a month fee to play even if you have no intention of playing with other people, which is quite doable in that game.
I hope you're right. As impressed as I was with Skyrim, I'd plunk down $50 for ESO, but it'll be a cold day under the magma before I pay $15 a month for any game.

i've been racking my brain for a while trying to figure out what you mean by "cup chick" but anyways it's Vera Farmiga. Great actress but no <insert random tebow reference here>

anyways one of the ads i saw in this thread was for Wahlburgers. never heard of it before but looks fuck ing AMAZING
I've seen those commercials for Wahlburger, seems interesting.

I looked it up. Cup chick is Anna Kendrick. She was in Up In The Air and has some stupid song where she sings with a cup.

I've seen those commercials for Wahlburger, seems interesting.

I looked it up. Cup chick is Anna Kendrick. She was in Up In The Air and has some stupid song where she sings with a cup.
I thought that song was from [customspoiler=Pitch Perfect][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2mawaBrvFg[/youtube]

[/customspoiler]

I think that is new. I only remember seeing 38 Studios there before. I'm still hoping for a sale on the Steam version so maybe this is a good sign?
Whoa - yeah, 38 Studios published that on Steam.

They were part of that EA Partners program.

Hmmm, I wonder - is EA buying-out the Amalur IP?

I actually do.
don't we all...

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_R1p_R4_R9gnsr_O5ux_Fr_Fc9l_Edy_BObo9.jpg

Blink Bundle is out! And it's actually really decent!
I'm amazed... I've always though Playblink was a joke.

Tier 1 ($1.99):
- Gnomoria
- Sideway New York
- Archon Classic
- Light of Altair
- Bonus Game (unlocks after a ~week)

Tier 2 ($4.99):
- Blockland
- Eldritch
- Lilly Looking Through
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe
- Influx
- Hero of the Kingdom

Well, they described it as having only one previously-bundled game, and that one was bundled nearly two years ago. Of course, that one is a dupe for me.
That's false. Sideways and Mutant Mudds have definitely been bundled before, and I think Influx has too (although I'm not 100% sure on that.)

All I owned already was Eldrich, and I don't even feel bad. I wonder what the chances are of the bonus games being super awesome bundle-newbies too.

That's false. Sideways and Mutant Mudds have definitely been bundled before, and I think Influx has too (although I'm not 100% sure on that.)
Ah, right you are. Sideways is the one they must be talking about, as it's the one I do have. Mutant Mudds was bundled in an IR that I skipped, which is why I missed it on first glance. (Actually, that particular IR had three games that all are in different recent bundles--Pineapple Smash Crew, Mutant Mudds and Basketbelle.)

UtopianMachine gifted me Hero of the Kindgom a little bit ago after raving about it herself. It's casual of course, but I actually ended up liking it more than I thought I would. Nice to see it in a bundle.

I thought Lily was pretty meh but in a $5 bundle with a bunch of other games I suppose it's an okay minor diversion at that price.

Been wanting Eldritch anyway. And I missed the bundle Mutant Mudds was in.

Not sure about the others but for $5 and a couple of mystery games still left sure why not?

Ah, right you are. Sideways is the one they must be talking about, as it's the one I do have. Mutant Mudds was bundled in an IR that I skipped, which is why I missed it on first glance. (Actually, that particular IR had three games that all are in different recent bundles--Pineapple Smash Crew, Mutant Mudds and Basketbelle.)
Yeah. That's one of the IR bundles that I regretted not buying for a while... but now I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

EDIT: Where did they claim that there's only one previously-bundled game?

I read there were going to be micro-transactions on top of the subscription too. That's just being greedy.
Well, most of the freemium MMOs out there today have microtransactions where they make most of their money. It's a model that apparently has proven quite profitable, although nobody makes as much as Blizzard. While Blizzard seems dead set against going to a subscriptionless model (and at this point they have no reason to), they're not shy about adding microtransactions to their existing paid-and-mandatory-sub model. So ESO starting off this way is just smart business. If they end up going freemium down the road, the infrastructure's already in place.

That's actually much better than I anticipated. The only game I'm interested in there though is Eldritch, so I'll pass. At least until the bonuses, anyway.

Yeah. That's one of the IR bundles that I regretted not buying for a while... but now I'm glad that I did.

EDIT: Where did they claim that there's only one previously-bundled game?
I think it was on Reddit.

*Edit: But the guy seemed not entirely sure and I think he was just going off memory, not scouring the wiki or anything like that.

I'm amazed... I've always though Playblink was a joke.

Tier 1 ($1.99):
- Gnomoria
- Sideway New York
- Archon Classic
- Light of Altair

Tier 2 ($4.99):
- Blockland
- Eldritch
- Lilly Looking Through
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe
- Influx