CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me today.  33% off Walking Dead season 2 is kind of nice, but not enough.  400 Days is only 50% off, so I think I'll go ahead and nab it at Amazon and get my $5 credit.

Wooo Typing of the Dead is 25% off. This gives me hope that it will be 50% as a flash or daily during this sale. If so, it's all mine :)
I picked this up the day it came out because of pure excitement hahaha

The Shakespeare DLC is still full price, I wonder if it hits a Daily or Flash that the DLC will get discounted as well?

Papers, Please is only 33% off. Still waiting for that sweet 75%+ off to pick that up.

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut is only 50% off. Boo.

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 55% off? Weird. Waiting for 75%+ off as well.

Hopefully with some flash sales/upcoming Winter sale I can pick up most/my entire wishlist.

Dragonborn is still only 50% off... Boo.  Skyrim - Legendary Edition ($20.39) is cheaper than the three 50% off DLCs combined ($22.47). Now how does that make sense?

Tempted on that Hammerwatch 4-pack.

Picked up Railroad Tycoon and Freedom Force, those won't be going past -50%. Nothing else jumping out but most everything I want is $20 or less so if they get in the dailies/flashes I'll be tempted.

Hm, Guacamelee is 50% off. I wonder if it will get a Daily/Flash.

This sucks because there are multiple games I want to buy for my trip tomorrow and play on the way but clearly I have to wait and see if they drop in price! UGH!

Secret of the Magic Crystal for $.99!

I see this on your wishlist MrNinjaSquirrel and we all know that squirrels love horses.  And magic crystals too because they are all shiny and look like a bit like nuts.

Dragonborn is still only 50% off... Boo. Skyrim - Legendary Edition ($20.39) is cheaper than the three 50% off DLCs combined ($22.47). Now how does that make sense?

Tempted on that Hammerwatch 4-pack.
So, am I correct in assuming that the Skyrim DLC and or Legendary won't be going any lower?

The Walking Dead Season 2 reverted to 10% off. Looks like they didn't mean to make it 33% off . . . yet.

The Wolf Among Us is 15% off.

Browsing through my wishlist I have a few thoughts:

- Spelunky is starting out at 50%... could be a good deal if it hits daily/flash

- Toki Tori 2+ is 60% off ($5.99), but it's 77% off ($4.59) if you buy the Two Tribes Bundle (Toki Tori, Toki Tori 2, Rush)

- Ms. Splosion Man is 75% off... could be a good daily/flash or just a last day pickup. 

blah why u od this kaylppso why u no mak 75% off grnad ages rome now i regret not buying it on gmg for 3bbucksfuck u frozenbyte u jerk whyu make me but for 10% more jerks!!!

I hope the 33% discount for The Walking Dead Season 2 was a mistake. I'm more than happy to support developers by prepurchasing, knowing that in a few months the price will drop significantly, but to discount something that is still in its preorder would be a low point.

AHHHH if i knew we were having an atumn sale i wouldn't have bought me a new 3d monitor god dammit :mad: unfortunately going to have to pass this time around. would've really liked to get outlast :(

Sleeping Dogs for $5 - heard it's an amazing game. Truth? Is any of the mounds of DLC worth it?
It seemed like people really seemed to love the game. I played it and personally I was not a fan of it.

From what I've seen most of the DLC is outfits, weapons, XP, in-game cash, etc. The "story" DLCs were pretty meh from what I've heard. Haven't tried them out myself.

Sleeping Dogs for $5 - heard it's an amazing game. Truth? Is any of the mounds of DLC worth it?
I loved Sleeping Dogs on the 360. The hand to hand combat makes me with something similar will be included in the inevitable GTA 6. Definitely worth $5 imo. I bought it for $30 and very satisfied. Have fun!

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is $4.99 (50% off - lowest price according to SteamPrices), usually goes on sale for $5.99 during the sales.

Edit: Ninja'd by The End. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting for this game to get a real discount  :)

So, am I correct in assuming that the Skyrim DLC and or Legendary won't be going any lower?
It's tough to imagine a flash sale at 70-75% off for the Legendary Edition, but I suppose it could happen. Although not very likely if past history is any indication on this game.

Have you guys noticed that the bottom of the page is mirrored, but it shows you someone else's profile? What the shit kinda weirdness is that?

oaF39Yt.png

I only have 11 games on my wishlist. It's showing me this random person's wishlist with 34 games on it. The person also changes whenever you hit refresh. I was able to view the last person's cart, too.

It seemed like people really seemed to love the game. I played it and personally I was not a fan of it.

From what I've seen most of the DLC is outfits, weapons, XP, in-game cash, etc. The "story" DLCs were pretty meh from what I've heard. Haven't tried them out myself.
Loved the game, but the DLC is completely unnessesary. If you want to cheat, you can buy a DLC which gives you millions of dollars immediately in game. Not worth it.

The base game however is awesome!

Have you guys noticed that the bottom of the page is mirrored, but it shows you someone else's profile? What the shit kinda weirdness is that?

oaF39Yt.png

I only have 11 games on my wishlist. It's showing me this random person's wishlist with 34 games on it. The person also changes whenever you hit refresh. I was able to view the last person's cart, too.
The mirroring is clever. That is weird about showing other people though.

It is awesome

if this was called "Grand Theft Auto - Hong Kong" and published by Rockstar it would have received perfect review scores from every site and made a billion dollars

Grand Theft Auto style gameplay with Batman - Arkham style combat wrapped up in a great under cover cop/Chinese Triad story

If you get it DON'T FORGET to get the FREE high res texture pack from Steam, the game is gorgeous

for DLCs, the only ones that might be worth it are the Nightmare in Northpoint (which is a short zombie-like storyline) and the Year of the Snake.

Neither of them add much

all other DLC are just packs to buy cars, clothes, etc and not worth it since they will give you some stuff buffing your character too much early on in the game...you can earn everything you would need playing through the story line

oaF39Yt.png

I only have 11 games on my wishlist. It's showing me this random person's wishlist with 34 games on it. The person also changes whenever you hit refresh. I was able to view the last person's cart, too.
Well that's pretty nifty. Didn't notice that but yeah it totally goes to someone else's wishlist. And it does change. Woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back