CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone buying non Flashing Dailies need to pay closer attention to this in depth survival guide:

sZLKHZx.png

Really, that's all you have to say? No mention of what makes it bad? What a poultry critique.
I don't know if I can keep playing it. Firstly, the game has no gamepad support. You'll have to use Joy2key, xpaddder, etc. There are no resolution options. I think the game runs in 800x600? Could be wrong, but the resolution is very low.

The shooting mechanics are ok, but there's not much to it. I'd say more.. but the gameplay is very simple. The gameplay and graphics remind me of free flash games you can find on newgrounds. This game SHOULD be free, IMO.

I ran into 2 bugs so far that required me to restart levels. Normally this wouldn't be a problem if the level was short or if you could restart to a checkpoint.. but there are no checkpoints in the game and the levels are big. The 2nd time it happened, I was at the end of the level at a boss fight. I couldn't figure out how to beat the 2nd boss.. there was no clear way of defeating it.. so I ran past it and fell into an endless pit. Now I have to restart the level. I don't know if I want to go through the level again with the chance of this happening again. BTW, I used the in-game save backup feature before I glitched. Loading my save did absolutely nothing. It's difficult for me to not recommend a $0.49 game, but this is one of those rare occasions where I would recommend to avoid at all costs.

The game is worse than Bad Rats.

Um...yes....

Edit: With all the talk of elder scrolls today in this thread, is anybody excited for the release of elder scrolls online? And for Elder scrolls 6, where would you like the game to take place?

My answers: Yes, although will wait for reviews first

And elsweyr
I doubt I'm the only one undecided since they announced a $15/month subscription. I have way to many games to play. I'd have to play a lot every month for that, not enough time in a week. Same thing for WoW for me. If it turns out to be a killer mmo then maybe i'd change my mind.

Dunno where they will take the next ES, but hopefully they take the time to refresh their passion for ES before taking it on after their current projects like FO4. Maybe they will combine two close provinces. My always wanted to explore Skyrim so my fav already happened.

Hahahahahaha... I seriously almost just laughed myself right out of my chair. I left for a while, came back to catch up on the CAG threads, and then just checked my email. Neuro, you crafty bastard. Well played sir, well played. Now I just need to exact revenge. :whistle2:k

I should've never put Foul Space in my wishlist. That'll teach me :rofl:

Consider looking through your inventory for stackable coupons.

I found two: Toki Tori 2 - 10% and Zeno Clash 2 - 33%

I doubt I'm the only one undecided since they announced a $15/month subscription. I have way to many games to play. I'd have to play a lot every month for that, not enough time in a week. Same thing for WoW for me. If it turns out to be a killer mmo then maybe i'd change my mind.

Dunno where they will take the next ES, but hopefully they take the time to refresh their passion for ES before taking it on after their current projects like FO4. Maybe they will combine two close provinces. My always wanted to explore Skyrim so my fav already happened.
Ugh i'm so pissed about the payment model. I was really hoping they'd go guild wars route there

I have about 100 games not installed yet (yes, I like to have ALL my games installed; that's another topic) and have 300GB left out of my 2TB drive. 3TB might get me through the upcoming holiday sales with a little room to spare, so I'd say I could use 4TB+. :)
I'm the same way, for some reason I like to have all my Steam games installed as well. I'd love to find a good price on a 3TB or greater HDD deal for more storage.

I did just come across this. A Toshiba 3TB SATA III 6 Gb/s, 7,200 RPM, 64MB Buffer (HDKPC08) at TigerDirect.com for $99 after a $30 rebate. Deal ends 11/28. I've never used Toshiba HDDs before, but it's not a bad deal really for those looking right now.

Since it's a flash sale I just wanted to mention that I like Gone Home, a lot. It is definitely short (2-3 hours tops), but is just a beautiful story that I really don't want people to get spoiled since it would basically ruin the game. I paid twice what it's on sale for currently and felt it was worth it, so I would definitely recommend it for those that aren't turned off by it "not being a real game". 

Not that it covers much but here's my -->Steam Review

New flashes:

Trials Evolution: Gold Edition (-75%) $19.99 $4.99

It seems like GMG and Gamefly are only selling Uplay keys so Krugozor or Jake Nome might be the best.

Trials Evolution: Gold Edition is what they have been waiting for.

• The Gold Edition is Two Trials in One
    Trials Evolution: Gold Edition will contain all the content of the original, best-selling XBLA game Trials Evolution.
  • In addition, all of the single player tracks and skill games from Trials HD will be found in Trials Evolution – effectively doubling the content offering with two complete games, neither of which have ever before been available on PC.

I'm the same way, for some reason I like to have all my Steam games installed as well. I'd love to find a good price on a 3TB or greater HDD deal for more storage.

I did just come across this. A Toshiba 3TB SATA III 6 Gb/s, 7,200 RPM, 64MB Buffer (HDKPC08) at TigerDirect.com for $99 after a $30 rebate. Deal ends 11/28. I've never used Toshiba HDDs before, but it's not a bad deal really for those looking right now.
My 120 gig hard drive wouldn't hold 1/4 of my steam collection.

Some old games aren't discounted at all.

(via wishlist):

- Waveform: Eris

- Spirits

- Ultratron

- Droid Assault

- Alan Wake

???????

Stealth Bastard DLC is finally 75%.

lmao woops. For some reason I thought it was you that posted that Fowl Space wasn't bad.. It was actually hal. I'm sorry!
Fowl Space isn't Bad Rats-bad by a long stretch. My words are that it is... "ok". It's a repetitive game, but it isn't broken.

Possibly on the up side, it is weird:

- You are a chicken with a gun strapped to your head

- You fly to the sun and shoot Vikings and collect their underwear

- You drink coffee for health and collect paper hats

For .49, I didn't find it offensive.

Fowl Space isn't Bad Rats-bad by a long stretch. My words are that it is... "ok". It's a repetitive game, but it isn't broken.

Possibly on the up side, it is weird:

- You are a chicken with a gun strapped to your head

- You fly to the sun and shoot Vikings and collect their underwear

- You drink coffee for health and collect paper hats

For .49, I didn't find it offensive.
Considering I ran into bugs that kept requiring me to restart levels, game is in serious need of checkpoints or shorter/split up levels, backup feature didn't work properly, resolution (that can't be changed) looks like crap in full screen and playing it in an extremely small window creates mouse cursor/aiming limitations.. I'd consider it broken. Game is also a bit laggy in fullscreen mode (at least it was for me, if you check the Steam forum its worse for some people). I didn't think Bad Rats was a broken game, it probably gets a worse rep than it deserves.

Results may vary depending on the person, of course, but it's far from a competent game.

Considering I ran into bugs that kept requiring me to restart levels, game is in serious need of checkpoints or shorter/split up levels, backup feature didn't work properly, resolution (that can't be changed) looks like crap in full screen and playing it in an extremely small window creates mouse cursor/aiming limitations.. I'd consider it broken. Game is also a bit laggy in fullscreen mode (at least it was for me, if you check the Steam forum its worse for some people). I didn't think Bad Rats was a broken game, it probably gets a worse rep than it deserves.

Results may vary depending on the person, of course, but it's far from a competent game.
The resolution was a bit off-putting, I must admit. I did not experience any of the lag or bugs you mentioned, so my experience is different there.

I don't disagree that it is not a good game, but I do disagree that it is horrible. As you will stand by your opinion that Bad Rats gets a worse rep than it deserves, I will stand by mine that the same holds true for Fowl Space. No big deal.

And now, to hopefully end the debate and turn talk towards better titles, I will post this fair (imo) review of Fowl Play.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PBk8kLYOApQ[/youtube]

Evoland will be in the next bundle, I just bought it. Looks like a perfect little game to play in between holiday stuff this weekend.
It's short but entertaining enough to not outstay its welcome. At 75% off I'd say it's good value.

It's reminiscent of DLC Quest: if you liked that, you'll like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back