CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey so anyone care to answer as to when the sale ends specifically? Is it usually at 1 p.m. ET of the day of? Is that what it's to be this year? So 1 p.m. on Tuesday?

GUYS MAGICKA'S ON SALE FINALLY

1378801129396.gif

Anyone interested in a COH2 40% off coupon? It expires 12/3 and I already have the game.  Not a bad deal since the game is $19.99 and you'd get it for $12...

First to PM me with their Steam name so I can trade you the coupon.  Couple of caveats.  1) must have 200+ posts and been a member for at least a year.

I just want the code to go to use before the end of the sale and hopefully to someone who wants play the game.

Cheers.

....And gone.

Thanks everyone!

no grid sale u suck steeam

Anyone interested in a COH2 40% off coupon? It expires 12/3 and I already have the game. Not a bad deal since the game is $19.99 and you'd get it for $12...

First to PM me with their Steam name so I can trade you the coupon. Couple of caveats. 1) must have 200+ posts and been a member for at least a year.

I just want the code to go to use before the end of the sale and hopefully to someone who wants play the game.

Cheers.
nice too bad i ben less than year so that sucks good luck whovr gets it

I have about an hour to decide if I want to drop $2.50 on the Far Cry 3 DLC. Hard to determine if a couple of extra missions and a re-skinned animal or two is really worth it for me.

Hey so anyone care to answer as to when the sale ends specifically? Is it usually at 1 p.m. ET of the day of? Is that what it's to be this year? So 1 p.m. on Tuesday?
Yes. 1 PM EST tomorrow.

You can go to the page of any non-flash/daily that has a discount and get a countdown to the end of the sale.

For those with pinball issues, I had laggy response on mine too.  One thing that helped, this is only if you have an nvidia card, set pre-rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia settings for the game.  It helped mine out and got rid of the lag.  i do still have the spiderman table glitch though

Couple of questions for a Steam newbie: I have the base Magicka game already, can I buy the pack that includes the game already and gift the base game away? Either way it seems like it would be cheaper to buy the collection I just would like to make use of an extra copy. Also looking to snag the DLC for Civ V. I have the base game so I'm guessing my best bet is to get the Gold edition upgrade and Brave New World. That sound about right?

Couple of questions for a Steam newbie: I have the base Magicka game already, can I buy the pack that includes the game already and gift the base game away? Either way it seems like it would be cheaper to buy the collection I just would like to make use of an extra copy. Also looking to snag the DLC for Civ V. I have the base game so I'm guessing my best bet is to get the Gold edition upgrade and Brave New World. That sound about right?
The collection pack will not give you extra gift copy of the base game if you already have it, the dlcs will just be added to your account.

To get the complete Civ V if you only have the base game, you will need the Gold edition upgrade, Brave New World, Scrambled Nations Map Pack and Scrambled Continents Map Pack.

The collection pack will not give you extra gift copy of the base game if you already have it, the dlcs will just be added to your account.

To get the complete Civ V if you only have the base game, you will need the Gold edition upgrade, Brave New World, Scrambled Nations Map Pack and Scrambled Continents Map Pack.
Ah thanks, good to know. I figured I wouldn't be able to give away my extra copy but worth checking. I might wait on the Civ content and buy a "complete" upgrade whenever they put one out.

edit ninja inmate and it better deeal if u go to jake nome for 5.5

I have about an hour to decide if I want to drop $2.50 on the Far Cry 3 DLC. Hard to determine if a couple of extra missions and a re-skinned animal or two is really worth it for me.
*Disclaimer - have not played the game* When I purchased FC3 a while ago, most of the discussions I looked through when trying to decide the same thing seemed to indicate that the extra missions weren't particularly impressive and didn't take too long to complete.

*Disclaimer - have not played the game* When I purchased FC3 a while ago, most of the discussions I looked through when trying to decide the same thing seemed to indicate that the extra missions weren't particularly impressive and didn't take too long to complete.
Thank you kindly. Had I had $2.49 in Steam bonds, I would have probably picked it up... but the economy is killing my trading card bidness and after Black Friday I'm not looking to use my credit card anymore this week.

Needed to say thank you to pasports31 for convincing me not to jump the gun on Reus.  He saved me 9% and that is a debt I can never repay...unless at some point he needs to borrow a dollar.  Sold!

I don't know why they can't get the % off to display correctly on the front page when they are posting these deals.  You have to go to the game page to see the real discounts.  Whatevah.

Was hoping Bionic Dues would get a bigger discount on the last day.  Anyone have this game, worth a 50% off purchase or should I wait on it?

Might have grabbed Shadow Warrior if it had popped up before Deadpool. The only thing tempting today though is Age of Empires II HD.

Upgrade GameMaker: Studio Standard to Professional for $25!
YoYo Games

Special offer just for you!

For a limited time we are offering you the unique chance to upgrade your copy of GameMaker: Studio Standard to GameMaker: Studio Professional for $25. That’s 50 percent off!

Math doesn't add up doe...

I have deluxe and I say go for it. My reasoning is that it's fairly cheap, I remember the missions being pretty cool, and I really wanted the thylacine cause they're awesome. Plus I love that feel when you own all of the content for a cool game. But you can easily live without it, so whatever you wanna do will be fine.

What is the consensus on Shadow Warrior? Is it worth getting at that price?
Bundle fodder.

Any thoughts on the Tomb Raider DLCs? The Lost Adventurer tomb and weapon stuff worthwhile?

Also, do those digital book things ever go on sale?

EDIT: If you don't have Age of Empires II HD and you like RTS games, find some friends or enemies and get that thing for less than $4.

What do people think about AOE2HD vs AOE3? I was just introduced to AOE3 recently (by my girlfriend, of all people), and I liked it quite a bit.  Any reason to go back to AOE2? What about the Legacy pack?

(and boo for 75% off on 2 but not 3)

A quick question, if Dirt 3 web won't show to me on steam because of region, but I could still activate it with a key to my account and played it, will Dragon Age ultimate edition will work if someone send me it as a gift thorugh the store? since it's the same restriction I guess...?

Edit: weird, ultimate edition restricted, both games separatly not, so I went the safe way :)

Any thoughts on the Tomb Raider DLCs? The Lost Adventurer tomb and weapon stuff worthwhile?
The Lost Adventurer Tomb will take you five minutes to complete. It's .59... you have to decide if that is worth your time.

All the rest of the DLC is either early unlocks or multiplayer stuff.

What do people think about AOE2HD vs AOE3? I was just introduced to AOE3 recently (by my girlfriend, of all people), and I liked it quite a bit. Any reason to go back to AOE2? What about the Legacy pack?

(and boo for 75% off on 2 but not 3)
The mechanics are fairly different. AoE III introduced the "home city" concept that Robot later tweaked when developing AoEO. AoE III had a story that ran through a single campaign, while AoE II had four campaigns in the base game that were based on actual historical figures (not a few made-up people that were in the Americas during Revolutionary times). I haven't played the tweaked HD version yet but I can tell you that AoE II remains one of my favorite RTS games of all time. If you've never played it, it's worth checking out at this ridiculous price (especially for that 4-pack).

I will add that, although it took some getting used to, I eventually played and enjoyed AoE III and its expansions. I still liked AoE II better though.

The Lost Adventure Tomb will take you five minutes to complete. It's .59... you have to decide if that is worth your time.

So the silencer and reticule are unlocks that you will find in-game? Hm. That seems frivolous. I can use my meager Gabencredit to buy the tomb though.

I passed on tomb of adventurer last sale, but 59 cents is cheap as hell. Might pick that up this time.
There are also single player outfits. Some were preorder bonuses and some were just released as DLC. At 19 cents each I might grab those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back