CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I played How To Survive on ps3 and its pretty fun. Online coop story mode is supposed to be coming as a free update this month.

photo-thumb-456455.jpg

Ok, someone tell me if I should buy How to Survive from Uplay. Whoever convinces me to buy or not to buy will get the next Grid 2 Steam key I win from facebook (IF I win one).
All it took for me was this:

Despite the lack of a mode that facilitates experimentation, in my first run I found plenty of excellent moments that kept me thirsting for more. While the game map is static, the appearance of most of the zombies is random, and there were more than a few instances when a routine trip down a known route quickly got me screaming out of absolute terror, particularly in the late game, when even the wildlife joins the ranks of the undead. Piranhas can take turn a careless wanderer into a mess of flesh and bone faster than you can drop an F-bomb. Zombies are also susceptible to these dangers. At one point, I was surrounded by a good three dozen or so brain-hungry monsters and desperate for some way to take them all out. I was running and gunning through a swamp and noticed several go down in a matter of seconds; thanks to a swarm of hungry piranhas, I survived. Later, I was out of healing items and low on ammo. Lost in a new section of the island at night, I managed to wipe out zombified humans by tricking an undead deer into goring them on my behalf. After dispatching the last foe, I set up camp on a cliff and waited out the night until I could safely risk the rest of the journey to a safe haven.
Undead Deer... yes, you read that right.

2040763-717344_20130529_004.jpg

So, anybody buying Natural Selection 2?  Heck of a deal, but not one purchase showing up on my Facebook, erm Steam feed.

Well, zombie lore implies there are instincts lingering in the undead that subconsciously motivate them to do certain things so it's not entirely silly.  

It has a 59 out of 100 Metacritic and 6.9 user avg. I hardly call that horrible.

I call a 59 horrible. I ignore the user scores on meta critic cause they don't seem to be reliable. I've often seen people on there rate games based on watching the trailer, and dumb shit like that.

The description of that scenario with piranhas and deer sounds pretty awesome though, I'll have to do some more research.

Sounds a bit silly to me...

If zombies of different species will attack/eat each other what's really stopping zombies of the same species attacking/eating each other?
I suppose if you are a chicken, you don't want to eat something that taste just like chicken.....maybe something that taste like honey mustard chicken or spicy thai chicken would hit the spot though.

Dragon Age stuff...  (Cannot find all the quotes right now)

The 360 version looked slightly worse than the PS3 version but had a better more consistent frame rate...

Pretty sure the console version, or at least the 360 edition, had a quick save feature... 

Fade, wasn't that bad...  And its important world stuff but I can/could see a desire to skip it after the first time through... 

I'm seeing it for 14.99 now...  Most have been on sale earlier but it left no real impression on me...  Which is a bit of a surprise as it is one tittle I would like to experience on the PC.  (Better question...  Why do I own the vanilla version on Origins?  Was it free at one time?  I surely didn't buy it...)

I call a 59 horrible. I ignore the user scores on meta critic cause they don't seem to be reliable. I've often seen people on there rate games based on watching the trailer, and dumb shit like that.

The description of that scenario with piranhas and deer sounds pretty awesome though, I'll have to do some more research.
What dumbass method do you use to rate games?

You're probably one of those weird idiots who doesn't think Dead Island is the best game of all time

I suppose if you are a chicken, you don't want to eat something that taste just like chicken.....maybe something that taste like honey mustard chicken or spicy thai chicken would hit the spot though.
I'm pretty sure taste buds are the first thing to go when you become a zombie... I mean have you ever seen a zombie brush their teeth? (Can you imagine constantly tasting that unkept mouth?)

Dragon Age stuff... (Cannot find all the quotes right now)

The 360 version looked slightly worse than the PS3 version but had a better more consistent frame rate...

Pretty sure the console version, or at least the 360 edition, had a quick save feature...

Fade, wasn't that bad... And its important world stuff but I can/could see a desire to skip it after the first time through...

I'm seeing it for 14.99 now... Most have been on sale earlier but it left no real impression on me... Which is a bit of a surprise as it is one tittle I would like to experience on the PC. (Better question... Why do I own the vanilla version on Origins? Was it free at one time? I surely didn't buy it...)
Well, did you buy DAO Vanilla for like $5 or something?

It's been that cheap before.

Or did you get it for FREE when EA Origin was accidentally giving stuff for free and their servers were getting slammed, quite a while back?

seamoss said:
This is rapidly approaching the offtopic singularity, but that's my primary Steam account - got three of them (yeah, go ahead, make fun of me).
7541edc3dc99be6c4e8b94adb06ecf61.jpg
yes, yes you are ;)
once again, another steam sale and nothing bought :(

Well, I will say that what qualifies as a "professional" critic on Metacritic isn't necessarily something I'd put too much stock in one way or another.  

Okay stupid question time...

Steam Questions

Is it possible to turn off the notification when people log into a game..?  Its distracting. 

Second, occasional steam installers don't recognize they've installed everything before so every time you start the game it goes through it... (or at least asks to do so.)  Where's the option to turn this off?

Grid 2

I tried the demo, for those who have the full game can you tell me if their is a "driver seat" camera mode?

Metro: Last Light

Can anyone say what sort of performance I would get with a Radeon 5850? (It recommends a GeForce GTX 480 with no ATI recommendations.)

I can confirm if you buy How to Survive from uPlay it is a steam key

I just bought it and tested it
Cool, glad it won't give me an STD.

It was easier to restrain seeing as I just bought a new/first game computer. Decided to invest in a computer rather than next gen consoles
You've chosen wisely.

So, anybody buying Natural Selection 2? Heck of a deal, but not one purchase showing up on my Facebook, erm Steam feed.
I'm interested in it, but MP only and the fact it ran absolutely terrible for me for no apparent reason (apparently I'm not alone in this either), I'm hesitating to pick it up.

Well, zombie lore implies there are instincts lingering in the undead that subconsciously motivate them to do certain things so it's not entirely silly.
The idea of zombie lore is silly all on its own.

Steam Questions

Is it possible to turn off the notification when people log into a game..? Its distracting.
Grid 2

I tried the demo, for those who have the full game can you tell me if their is a "driver seat" camera mode?
A: Menu bar>Steam>Settings>Friends>Uncheck "Display Notification"
B: Sadly there is no cockpit mode to speak of, the closests is akin to a camera mounted on the dashboard.

Well, did you buy DAO Vanilla for like $5 or something?

It's been that cheap before.

Or did you get it for FREE when EA Origin was accidentally giving stuff for free and their servers were getting slammed, quite a while back?
Looks like it was free... Dug through the order system and found it for $0.00 marked down from 19.99. I also own ME2 and its not even listed in my order history and I know I didn't pay for it. (I think it was for DAO owners who created an Origin account back in the day.)

Steam Questions

Is it possible to turn off the notification when people log into a game..? Its distracting.

Second, occasional steam installers don't recognize they've installed everything before so every time you start the game it goes through it... (or at least asks to do so.) Where's the option to turn this off?

Grid 2

Metro: Last Light

Can anyone say what sort of performance I would get with a Radeon 5850? (It recommends a GeForce GTX 480 with no ATI recommendations.)
God you're an idiot.

1) Disable steam overlay should do the trick. Right click on the game, select properties, and uncheck the "enable steam community" or whatever. I think that'll work

2) Dunno

3) Dunno

So I caved and got the Far Cry Deluxe. Mostly 'cause of the Soundtrack, actually.

Instant regret...

Steam downloaded 200MB of something, but none of the DLC appeared in-game. I backed out, punched the key into the game menu, but it says the key has already been used. I back out again, punch the key into UPLAY and it gives me an error and tells me to keep re-entering the key - and then kicks me out of UPLAY for 60 minutes for re-entering the key too many times. 

...I dig around, find the Soundtrack stowed away in the Steam folder, but now I'm kicked off of UPLAY for an hour.

fuck UPLAY.

Well, I will say that what qualifies as a "professional" critic on Metacritic isn't necessarily something I'd put too much stock in one way or another.
Well, wouldn't a violent person instincts make them violent against other zombies?

Also, pretty sure the only thing deer have a violent instincts towards are cars...

Steam Questions

Click on "Steam" way up in the left corner, then Settings > Friends > Display a notification etc.

Grid 2

No, but you can mod it in.

edited for formatically asthetical reasons

So I caved and got the Far Cry Deluxe. Mostly 'cause of the Soundtrack, actually.

Instant regret...

Steam downloaded 200MB of something, but none of the DLC appeared in-game. I backed out, punched the key into the game menu, but it says the key has already been used. I back out again, punch the key into UPLAY and it gives me an error and tells me to keep re-entering the key - and then kicks me out of UPLAY for 60 minutes for re-entering the key too many times.

...I dig around, find the Soundtrack stowed away in the Steam folder, but now I'm kicked off of UPLAY for an hour.

fuck UPLAY.
what are you gonna do for the next hour?

you can watch 3 sitcoms

you can read

you can play with your dog (if you don't have a dog, look at pictures of dogs online and use your imagination)

you can post on cag and we can all bitch about uplay together cuz it's dumb

fuck uplay

The idea of zombie lore is silly all on its own.
I know that zombies aren't too popular among some here, but there are certain rules/attributes/traits for pop culture zombies depending on if they are zombies in the George Romero sense. Then there's other rules for newer zombie/infected iterations and even Romero's version has evolved in later movies.

All this of course differs from the traditional zombie derived from Haiti.

And I mean, we play games with ninja cats and murderous roosters and dragons so I guess it's just silly overall to be nitpicking about rules in a video game given the suspense of belief required by all games other than simulators like the ones I play.

And I mean, we play games with ninja cats and murderous roosters and dragons so I guess it's just silly overall to be nitpicking about rules in a video game given the suspense of belief required by all games other than simulators like the ones I play.
i really don't get what's so silly about murderous roosters or ninja cats

dragons are a bit out there tho

Brush my tooth, crawl into bed, and listen to my bootleg of the Blood Dragon soundtrack.
Is the FC soundtrack that good?

Well, wouldn't a violent person instincts make them violent against other zombies?

Also, pretty sure the only thing deer have a violent instincts towards are cars...
The violent instinct derives from the need to survive/consume. So it's an instinct to survive, not that someone/something was violent in their conscious life.

Steam Questions

Second, occasional steam installers don't recognize they've installed everything before so every time you start the game it goes through it... (or at least asks to do so.) Where's the option to turn this off?
Neither of these are Stupid questions... the second one especially.

Since the first was answered by MyNinjaSquirrel, I'll give a brief answer for the second: There isn't one.

To get Steam from prompting you, you have to either edit the registry (oh, dear) or remove/edit the file that Steam checks (it'll be named in the format <gameID>_install.vdf iirc.)

I can't tell you exactly what to do in the registry as that varies game-to-game, but there's a generic guide on SPUF here that may help you if you're comfortable editing the registry.

Deleting/editing the file is easier, but it may be recreated/reconstructed by Steam at some point, and I wouldn't consider it the "proper" way to fix work around this problem.

Man, Shadow Warrior looks so effin awesome, and it's been on my Wishlist since release, but I have literally hundreds of games to play, not to mention the literally hundreds of dollars I have spent in the last week.  Somebody stop me...

It was sooo hard to resist Deadpool at 9.99 as well.

I'm tempted to pick up The Dream Machine (All 6 chapters Bundle) for 75% off bringing it to $4.24

Only chapters 1-4 are out so far. Game has been on Steam for 1 1/2 years now. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14622/

No Steam achievements or CARDZ but I swear I played a demo or something for it a long time ago and liked it. I could always download the demo now but that's too much work. Anyone recommend/not recommend it?

I'm tempted to pick up The Dream Machine (All 6 chapters Bundle) for 75% off bringing it to $4.24

No Steam achievements or CARDZ but I swear I played a demo or something for it a long time ago and liked it. I could always download the demo now but that's too much work. Anyone recommend/not recommend it?
haven't played the whole thing, but i also downloaded a demo in the summer and liked it. ended up buying it a few days ago...4.24 for the whole thing isn't too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back