CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not trolling. You telling me you're happy having to do a whole bunch of shit out of the box to an OS when they could have just done the job right and sold you a product tailored to the hardware you bought it for?
I've had to do a bunch of shit to all my OS installs for the past couple of decades to get them where I want them to be. Heck, I'm still not happy with the file explorer and search in Windows 7. I just don't want to bother to look for a third-party program to use instead.

I've had to do a bunch of shit to all my OS installs for the past couple of decades to get them where I want them to be. Heck, I'm still not happy with the file explorer and search in Windows 7. I just don't want to bother to look for a third-party program to use instead.
Windows 7's "search" suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I had to download a program called Agent Ransack - it basically works like classic Search did.

i see mysterd follow kaitlyn on twitter u crazy boy jk  u get followed by ds and getgamesgo and that must be mysterd favorite diva hhe 

That last "party" robbed me of my last three braincells, so I might have to sit this one out until everyone leaves and I can make logical conversation with Elder Pea.

1. Snoody
adj. Snobby and sophisticated. Above everyone else. Believing to be superior to. A snoody person is one who looks down upon others.
That snoody waitress at the restaurant told me to leave when I asked for a grilled cheese.
stuck up snobby sophisticated superior above

1. snooty
Snobbish, stuck-up.
That snooty bitch just looked askance at me!

Windows 7's "search" suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I had to download a program called Agent Ransack - it basically works like classic Search did.
I'm still pissed w7 broke that shell dll/utility/whatever that added Folder Size to the default columns. Shit, there are leftover columns included in w7 that don't even work.

Free playing of greenlit games.

Of Light & Shadow (Greenlit Page)

SUPERHOT (Greenlit Page)

I guess I should have grabbed Arcane Worlds while it was in the Groupees Spotlight. D'oh!
I was tempted to grab it but the game is still in alpha state now and probably will release as an early access game on Steam even when it is greenlit.

Also, Darkout (Groupees, Build a Greenlight Bundle 2) has officially been released on Steam after being Greenlight a while ago. Not sure if we'll get Steam keys or not, but I hope so!
The steam key for Darkout is now available at Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 page, as for those that got it somewhere else, check below for the status.

As of right now the following sites have all been given Steam keys and should be able to distribute them to you:

• Get Games

• Green Man Gaming

• Game Streamer

• IndieGala

• Groupees

• Gamefly

• Cenaga

• YUplay

• IndieGogo contributors

IN PROGRESS:

Amazon – they are apparently experiencing some issues which they will update us on once they are able to distribute keys

Desura – should have these shortly

Team Darkout

Since it's about to be a PC game, I'll happily recommend Steamworld Dig.  I played it on 3DS and basically burned through it in a few days because I had such a good time with it.  I imagine I'll pick up the new, improved, pretty version down the line when it's on sale.

Does Flow know Typing of the Dead got Football Manager DLC today? I'd hate for it to miss its only possible fan.
I didn't know, no, but now I know I am the knowingest of the know. Ya know?

(No interest in TotD unless it hits 75% or an Amazon deal. It looks exactly like a game I'd play once for five minutes and then forget about)

((Today is all about Darkout. The Stean store page actually makes me want it)))

The Bundle-In-A-Box Indie Ordinary Gamer Bundle is live - hopefully the BTA will eventually come down but I doubt it.

Edit: These guys are off their nut. The "BTA" is now over $9 - either they use the same higher math that Gala uses to calculate their "average", or some of the devs thought it would be smart to buy their own bundle to jack up the average. I guess that's why they've only sold less than 30 bundles so far. Oh well, 22 days to go and there's always the $0.99 "happy hour" (the max I would spend on the entire bundle is $3).

I would take the advances Valve has given to the sales and distribution model of the PC gaming market over an FPS everyone thinks they want but are going to be disappointed by if it ever gets released every single day.
Oh, I have a feeling Half-Life 3 will be the Duke Nukem Forever of the 2020s. Everyone will wax nostalgic about HL 2 and marvel at what a piece of crap HL 3 turned out to be.

A game character will be your best friend? Hell yeah, we should make fun of him for that!

Does Flow know Typing of the Dead got Football Manager DLC today? I'd hate for it to miss its only possible fan.
Now the only thing this game needs to be a GOTY is cardz!

The Bundle-In-A-Box Indie Ordinary Gamer Bundle is live - hopefully the BTA will eventually come down but I doubt it.
Wake me up for the $.99 special--might be worth it for soundtracks.

I really just miss the easy ability to right click for "search here." Just losing that makes it a fail.

I'm still pissed w7 broke that shell dll/utility/whatever that added Folder Size to the default columns. Shit, there are leftover columns included in w7 that don't even work.
I don't think I'm familiar with that dll/utility/whatever. Sounds very useful. Win7 of course made it worse by making it so current folder size doesn't even show up in the info bar.

I would take the advances Valve has given to the sales and distribution model of the PC gaming market over an FPS everyone thinks they want but are going to be disappointed by if it ever gets released every single day.
Half-Life 3 will have all the disappointment of Phantom Menace without all the Jar-Jar.
Expectations are way too high.

Oh no, the title has changed...  Looks like its time to start tightening up the wallet.

image.png

I finally won a Grid 2 Key!

My strategy?  

Well, I finished the first two puzzles fast, but the last one I clicked the first two objects and then clicked in the wrong place for the third object on purpose to run my time up to around 2:40.  Then I clicked the third item.  And then it kept telling me I was wrong.  Then I kept trying to click around the item in different areas thinking I was off, but it still said I was wrong.  And my time ran up all the way to 3:40 before I decided to try to click the first two items I had already clicked and then one of them registered and I was allowed to finish with a time of 3:53.

So basically the game glitched on me, causing me to get a four minute time.  And that's how i won.  

So has anyone actually played GRID 2? Worth the effort to try for a key?
Ironically, no.

I played the demo for about a half-hour the other day. It took me about 12 tries to finish the demo race in sixth place. The game seems to have a serious case of oversteer (am I using this term correctly?) with no visible way to adjust the control sensitivity (I was playing with a Logitech gamepad). It looks nice and it has a handy "rewind" feature you can use to recover from your catastrophic driving-over-cliffs-or-into-rock-faces, but you have to be way, way better than me at racing games to get anywhere in this one. I can't imagine the skill it would take (bearing in mind I was playing on "Very easy") to actually win a race.

On another sim-related note, Bohemia Interactive is running a very similar sale to the one they just had, although seemingly with fewer things on sale.

Ironically, no.

I played the demo for about a half-hour the other day. It took me about 12 tries to finish the demo race in sixth place. The game seems to have a serious case of oversteer (am I using this term correctly?) with no visible way to adjust the control sensitivity (I was playing with a Logitech gamepad). It looks nice and it has a handy "rewind" feature you can use to recover from your catastrophic driving-over-cliffs-or-into-rock-faces, but you have to be way, way better than me at racing games to get anywhere in this one. I can't imagine the skill it would take (bearing in mind I was playing on "Very easy") to actually win a race.

On another sim-related note, Bohemia Interactive is running a very similar sale to the one they just had, although seemingly with fewer things on sale.
I felt exactly the same about Grid. I spent 3 or 4 weeks playing that stupid facebook game and finally won it only to find I had no ability to play it at all without driving so slowly that I don't come anywhere near first place and that it feels really boring. I think I'm just more of an arcade racer fan really.

Got 2:48 on Grid today. When do you find out if you won?

It's not arcade? I hate that racing sim shit like gran turismo. I've made a huge mistake.

Yay, she's back! :wave:
^_^ Thanks! It's good to be back! :grouphug:

I remembered the other tip I wanted to give for GRID 2... when drifting around sharp corning, go easy on the accelerator (just lifting off the accelerator once countersteering often keeps me off the walls.(

Back and true to form! Do you know how many times you've been mentioned in the months you've been gone? (Usually in the form of "I want to know more about this racing game, where the hell is asheskitty???") Welcome back!
Or in the second-hand as in "Asheskitty liked that one as I recall."

So welcome back. And to save me from trying to search for it, what was your recommendation in TDU2 in terms of driving assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back