CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Amazon is having a sale on Borderlands 2 and its DLC.  Most of the DLC I'm looking at is 50% off / $4.99.  Anyone think Steam will be at least the same or lower during Winter Sale?

So Amazon is having a sale on Borderlands 2 and its DLC. Most of the DLC I'm looking at is 50% off / $4.99. Anyone think Steam will be at least the same or lower during Winter Sale?
This was posted earlier today: BL2 GOTY for $11 USD from Nuuvem. That's probably the lowest you'll see for a while concerning DLC and the game. Although Winter Sale might have DLC for 66% off.

Ahahahhahahahah....oh wait, you were serious?
Go look at the junk in the current Humble and tell me you're stumbling over yourself to get it. In the newest weekly, all of the worthwhile games are in the $6 tier and are repeats themselves. And in the regular bundle, you get 3 games for $1...one of which is Magicka... How much effort is really required to best that kind of showing?

The Bundlestars FPS Warriors bundle is very solid, the last couple of sim bundles have been decent, and even the Outer Limits bundle, while not amazing, is 10 Steam games for $4. Of course, different strokes for different folks, but I'm at least going to give Bundlestars credit for recognizing that a decrease in quality at least demands an increase in quantity. Ironically, it seems like Humble has gotten a little full of themselves lately, in my opinion.

Hey, Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches is on sale right now. 50% off ($9.99) $4.99 on Steam for the next 32 hours.

During the Autumn sale it was $6.xx something. I'd venture a guess this will probably be the same discount offered during the Steam Winter sale.

DAMN! I'm still bitter I missed the Dishonored GOTY glitch. It might not ever be better than that. Unless the glitch happens again...

You've obviously never watched Fantastic Mr. Fox.

We've evolved, my dear squirrel.
I actually have watched that movie more times than I can count and absolutely love it, but the distinction that needs to be made here is he was a fantastic fox, and your just a cheap one >.>

Go look at the junk in the current Humble and tell me you're stumbling over yourself to get it. In the newest weekly, all of the worthwhile games are in the $6 tier and are repeats themselves. And in the regular bundle, you get 3 games for $1...one of which is Magicka... How much effort is really required to best that kind of showing?

The Bundlestars FPS Warriors bundle is very solid, the last couple of sim bundles have been decent, and even the Outer Limits bundle, while not amazing, is 10 Steam games for $4. Of course, different strokes for different folks, but I'm at least going to give Bundlestars credit for recognizing that a decrease in quality at least demands an increase in quantity. Humble has been pushing their luck a bit, in my opinion.
Well now your not seeing the forest for the trees. Yes, the current weekly is lousy, but the prior one disregarding repeats was fantastic. The current Jumbo bundle contains a few repeats as well, but they are still of better quality than most anything Bundlestars is currently offering.

You also seem to forget that bundlestars repeats games incredibly often as well, and the majority of them are crap to begin with that no one is going to play. You can argue quantity of quality, but to me that's a terrible way to go about purchasing games, as you spend far more time not having any fun when there are hundreds of fantastic games, perhaps in your own backlog already.

If you find the games bundlestars offers more compelling than humble and groupees (Indie Royale I can't really question), good for you, but everything I've seen them showcase has been mediocre to bad with maybe one decent game tossed in to make it look more enticing than it actually is.

To each their own, but bundlestars still feels like a joke to me.

The Bundlestars FPS Warriors bundle is very solid, the last couple of sim bundles have been decent, and even the Outer Limits bundle, while not amazing, is 10 Steam games for $4. Of course, different strokes for different folks, but I'm at least going to give Bundlestars credit for recognizing that a decrease in quality at least demands an increase in quantity. Ironically, it seems like Humble has gotten a little full of themselves lately, in my opinion.
The thing is, is that most bundlestar bundles don't have games that are all that much better than the games in this weeks humble bundle. I've never bought a bundlestar bundle...only one that's even tempted me is the sims bundle they just had.

As you said tho, "different strokes for different folks."

For me, bundles typically go:

1) Humble

BIG GAP

2) Indie gala (especially on happy hour pricing, also gets bonus points for their mini bundles the store tends to have)

3) Groupees

another gap

4) Bundlestars

huge gap

5) The 8 billion other bundles that are out there now that I'm never tempted to buy, and when a new one pops up, although initially being skeptical, I trick myself into getting excited about then hate myself when I realize i got excited for digital poop

Surprised no one has mentioned Steam's VGX Sale. Perhaps because the deals seem to be rather middle-of-the-road, as far as discounts are concerned.

Having said that, KY Route Zero is as low as I've seen it.

Just want to throw this out for discussion...does anybody else feel like Bundlestars has been the best bundle site lately? I mean, Humble has gotten all the attention, and they've landed bigger games. But the last month or so has been fairly weak (Pinball bundle probably being the only exception), and with the new $6 tier, I just don't find myself looking to them as much.

Conversely, Bundlestars pretty much always gives you 8-9 Steam games in the $3-5 range...which just feels like the sweet spot to persuade me to buy things I might only have a casual interest in. Groupees has been doing all right in this regard as well (though, they probably get even lesser known games than Bundlestars). Just something I noticed when I get more excited about a new Bundlestars bundle launching than a new Humble.
I've caught myself sort of thinking this as well. But then I realized that it's mostly the packaging of the deals to which I'm attracted.

What I mean is that Bundlestars does a great job of lining up 9 games in one long row and proudly displays the Steam logo beside each. No Desura. No DRM-Free. No GOG... just Steam. And for a heavy Steam user that's mighty attractive.

As lovely as that row of icons looks to me whenever I go view a new bundle, I always find myself wondering just how many of these games I'll actually ever play and always come away with the conclusion: very few or none.

I think they're on to something... but the quality is a little lacking at times.

I actually have watched that movie more times than I can count and absolutely love it, but the distinction that needs to be made here is he was a fantastic fox, and your just a cheap one >.>

Well now your not seeing the forest for the trees. Yes, the current weekly is lousy, but the prior one disregarding repeats was fantastic. The current Jumbo bundle contains a few repeats as well, but they are still of better quality than most anything Bundlestars is currently offering.

You also seem to forget that bundlestars repeats games incredibly often as well, and the majority of them are crap to begin with that no one is going to play. You can argue quantity of quality, but to me that's a terrible way to go about purchasing games, as you spend far more time not having any fun when there are hundreds of fantastic games, perhaps in your own backlog already.

If you find the games bundlestars offers more compelling than humble and groupees (Indie Royale I can't really question), good for you, but everything I've seen them showcase has been mediocre to bad with maybe one decent game tossed in to make it look more enticing than it actually is.

To each their own, but bundlestars still feels like a joke to me.
That's a fair point. But I'm of the opinion that Humble has been trending toward repeats lately themselves. Between that and the $6 tier, I just think they're on the decline and leaving room for a competitor to step in. Maybe I'm ahead of the curve. Maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Surprised no one has mentioned Steam's VGX Sale. Perhaps because the deals seem to be rather middle-of-the-road, as far as discounts are concerned.

Having said that, KY Route Zero is as low as I've seen it.

I've caught myself sort of thinking this as well. But then I realized that it's mostly the packaging of the deals to which I'm attracted.

What I mean is that Bundlestars does a great job of lining up 9 games in one long row and proudly displays the Steam logo beside each. No Desura. No DRM-Free. No GOG... just Steam. And for a heavy Steam user that's mighty attractive.

As lovely as that row of icons looks to me whenever I go view a new bundle, I always find myself wondering just how many of these games I'll actually ever play and always come away with the conclusion: very few or none.

I think they're on to something... but the quality is a little lacking at times.
That's reasonable as well, and I will definitely acknowledge the attractiveness of the Steam logo plays a large role. I've also only been buying Steam games for about 9 months...so I probably don't get bitten by the "repeat bug" nearly as often as some of you. But that doesn't explain away Humble's offerings declining either though.

It's definitely two different approaches. I'm just personally in favor of what Bundlestars is doing...and the recent turn Humble has made (pretty much since the Origin bundle) has been somewhat offputting. But one Activision bundle or something crazy, and I could be right back on board again. It would just be nice if Humble reminded us what their A game looks like. If they're superior to all these other bundle sites, why play down to their level?

Would love to see the Steam Winter Sale include a deep discount on the Dungeon Defenders Collection currently priced at 49.99.  Or at least the core game and Shards DLC pack.

I think this discussion is basically over, but for me Humble owns it, followed by Groupees. I don't think I've bought a Bundlestar or Indie Royale since like February. Bundlestars particularly has been bundling repeats that were in better bundles - the time that both they and Groupees had Shelter, but the Groupees bundle was vastly superior, comes to mind. Also, Crusader Kings I vs II in the Indiegala October.

Humble has just recently had WB, Jumbo, and Pinball. Despite their move toward the mainstream and the ills that come with it, they're still killing it compared to anyone else. But then, I personally have no interest in 90% of the games Bundlestars offers, anyway.

Don't get me started on N€€d for $peed: Burnout Wanted (2012)... It's not actually bad, but it's shortcoming s are so numerous... I'll write up a proper rant later. ...again for the $5 base it was worth it, and I don't regret the extra $7.39 for the all the non-cheat dlc... but still a letdown. At least NFS:TR had a sense of progression and some memorable moments that gave me some satisfaction on completion.
My thoughts on NFS: MW 2012 are here, pretty much:

http://www.xfire.com/blog/mysterd/5374184

Pretty much, I still feel the same about it - that it needs some personality and more race-types/missions, more so than anything. It feels like a NFS game mixed w/ Burnout Paradise.

Also, I had to lock it down to 30 FPS in the config to keep it staying smooth.

I still on and off play Burnout Paradise, to this very day - it's that game when I just need to race and zoom around, I can pick it up for about 30 minutes to an hour and just race. I suspect since NFS: MW 2012 feels very similar, this could happen w/ this game, as well.

I prefer NFS:MW over NFS: TR. Sure, I liked NFS:TR for its story, characters, and gameplay - but the replay value just really ain't much, unfortunately. I prefer NFS: Most Wanted 2005 + Carbon over NFS: TR.

This was the one I got: "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /app/203770/ on this server."

Tomb Raider is back on sale for 80% off ($10, Survival edition $11.50) http://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/?snr=1_614_vgx__625

The entire Tomb Raider Collection is $14 (All individual games on sale as well): http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663/
I'd be all over that Tomb Raider collection if Squeenix weren't dicks and included the Survival Edition in it - or at least a way to upgrade to it.

either way, it's worth picking up. has it ever been below 5 before?
According to IsThereAnyDeal - that GameFly deal is the cheapest it's even been at $2.99.

But, also keep in mind - the version GameFly's selling is a "Loyalty Edition" of it, so you have to already own a version of STALKER: SOC or CS (since a lot of files from those games get re-used).

I doubt what GameFly's selling is a Steam-version - doesn't say anything about requiring Steam there.

I bought STALKER: COP - Loyalty Edition years ago from GameStop PC App (formerly Impulse). IIRC, I think it used Tages Internet Activation DRM (ewwwww!). I was able to mix that COP Loyalty version from GameStop PC App w/ my retail disc-version of SOC.

[Side notes: I have STALKER SOC + CS from Retail on disc].

EDIT:

I'm not sure if GameFly's version of STALKER: COP requires their version of SOC or CS;

or if you can mix GameFly COP Loyalty w/ Retail Copies and/or other digital-versions of SOC or CS.

No clue.

The thing is, is that most bundlestar bundles don't have games that are all that much better than the games in this weeks humble bundle. I've never bought a bundlestar bundle...only one that's even tempted me is the sims bundle they just had.

As you said tho, "different strokes for different folks."

For me, bundles typically go:

1) Humble

BIG GAP

2) Indie gala (especially on happy hour pricing, also gets bonus points for their mini bundles the store tends to have)

3) Groupees

another gap

4) Bundlestars

huge gap

5) The 8 billion other bundles that are out there now that I'm never tempted to buy, and when a new one pops up, although initially being skeptical, I trick myself into getting excited about then hate myself when I realize i got excited for digital poop
i disaprove this message

1. bundle star right now is hot

2. rest no n sticks out right now. humnble avg groupees weak indiegala

bundle stars is kind of good bundles if u dont have it llol which i iddnt lots of good one right now i buy more bundlestar than hubmle bundle

According to IsThereAnyDeal - that GameFly deal is the cheapest it's even been at $2.99.

But, also keep in mind - the version GameFly's selling is a "Loyalty Edition" of it, so you have to already own a version of STALKER: SOC or CS (since a lot of files from those games get re-used).

I doubt what GameFly's selling is a Steam-version - doesn't say anything about requiring Steam there.

I bought STALKER: COP - Loyalty Edition years ago from GameStop PC App (formerly Impulse). IIRC, I think it used Tages Internet Activation DRM (ewwwww!). I was able to mix that COP Loyalty version from GameStop PC App w/ my retail disc-version of SOC.

[Side notes: I have STALKER SOC + CS from Retail on disc].

EDIT:

I'm not sure if GameFly's version of STALKER: COP requires their version of SOC or CS;

or if you can mix GameFly COP Loyalty w/ Retail Copies and/or other digital-versions of SOC or CS.

No clue.
Weird. That definitely lessens the appeal. Good thing I already have both.

There's another game i need to get playin...

The newest weekly is pretty... weak but the last few Humbles have been, on average, far better than Bundle Stars. As far as the current major one, while there's only three games in the $1 tier and one is lol Magicka the other two are pretty good steals at $0.50 each and to get Orcs Must Die 2 complete, Serious Sam 3, and Gary's Mod for just $3 more is a crazy good deal. 75% of Bundle Stars games are just crap.

So I was playing some Steamworld Dig and its pretty cool but it gets too repetitive and all u do is dig, dig, dig. I'll wait till its 75% off. 

I can't believe you all are arguing as to which bundle site is better.

Must be the lull between sales...
LMAO...I was waiting for somebody to say something ridiculous like this. Yes, it's way less valid of a conversation topic than burgers, what the D in MysterD stands for, Sasha Grey, spanking, squirrels raping cats, and the other twisted shit that gets posted in this thread. Are you high? :lol:

I'm not sure what you expected...
photo-thumb-387254.jpg

LMAO...I was waiting for somebody to say something ridiculous like this. Yes, it's way less valid of a conversation topic than burgers, what the D in MysterD stands for, Sasha Grey, spanking, squirrels raping cats, and the other twisted shit that gets posted in this thread. Are you high? :lol:
D stands for Derick.

We've been through this before - even though everybody likes to make that stand for God or Devil knows what.

jenna haze gone wild spanking snakey bro and n8rockerau and mns u guys are bad boys

D stands for Derick.

We've been through this before - even though everybody likes to make that stand for God or Devil knows what.
nah it stands for D***

The newest weekly is pretty... weak
Humble Weakly?

I can't believe you all are arguing as to which bundle site is better.

Must be the lull between sales...
Well if they would just put out a good bundle we wouldn't have to! Wait, that didn't make sense.

You forgot soda versus pop and which beers are our favorites.

It's Friday night yaaaayyyyyy!!!!! Time to go play...Marvel Puzzle Quest, ugh. Damn you, Disney!

I'm not sure what you expected...
Maybe a world full of steam?

Fo real tho I heard that game's good. RPS has given it good reviews

All of that stuff is on topic, completely relevant to video games.

As for your "bundlestars" infatuation...

I don't know what to tell you man. Besides that you're apparently a sick, sick human being, anyway.

Edit: Way off topic, but I finally hooked up my brand spankin new PS3, and immediately went for demon's souls

F&^% this thing is hard. So far, personally, I find it much more difficult than dark souls.

Then again, maybe it's just because I played through dark souls 387921847 times so I forgot how hard it was the first time I went through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back