CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My only concern about a gift exchange: Wouldn't we be hesitant to buy anything during the sale, knowing someone might buy something on our wish list?
I mean, there's a few different ways to go around that. Instead of exchanging all our gifts on the last day of the sale, we could just do something where as soon as you buy the gift, just give it, so that way the person you're giving it to doesn't have dual game ownership anxieties.

That's what's holding me back also.

Well, that, Bad Rats, and knowing you jokers as well as I do...
Lol, if people aren't dicks they'll just follow your wishlist

Tho I'm not sure why you wouldn't want bad rats.

I mean, there's a few different ways to go around that. Instead of exchanging all our gifts on the last day of the sale, we could just do something where as soon as you buy the gift, just give it, so that way the person you're giving it to doesn't have dual game ownership anxieties.
I think this is a good option.

I'm in!

I think this is a good option.
Yup, people just need to remember to update their wishlists throughout the sale, and to make a last minute spot-check of their giftees' wishlist when they buy to make sure they didn't already gittit

Well, Neuro5i5 has already hooked me up once this year... :lol:
You can never have too much bad rats

I'm rather tempted by this but I just cannot pull the trigger... A) I own the first two on disc so its not like I don't have access to them and my biggest fear is that they do a "huge" Fallout bundle this holiday sale that includes all the games and I would be all over that as I don't own Vegas or Fallout 3 on the PC... But with the different publishers involved I'm not sure if a bundle would even be likely.

(I've never owned Vegas; and Fallout 3 on the 360)

It was also much cheaper back in July...
i thought that after this year the fallout goes bethsehda full rights over the fallout collection meaning it possible

I miss having time to follow this thread and play pinball. Someday my final exams will be done, someday I can return to the land of Steam magic.

Are we going to do it as a Secret Santa thing? If so, we'd need someone to volunteer to be the go-between, in order to preserve secrecy.
I'll volunteer to be the Santa. I'm already fat and I think I own a (stained) red shirt. Everybody taking part should send me a friend request on Steam to make it easier. wtsutton528.

Translation: "Your Steam codez belongz to meeeeeee NOW!"

Alt Translations: "Bad Ratz for EVERYBODYZZZZ!"

Lol, if people aren't dicks they'll just follow your wishlist

Tho I'm not sure why you wouldn't want bad rats.
The solution to this problem is to own Bad Rats already. That way, if someone gifts it to you, you can regift it, thus continuing to spread joy around the world.

Also, let's say I'm waiting for my gift recipient's game to go on sale so I can buy it for him. But he's checking the daily sales himself, and as soon as it goes on sale we both buy it. Do we tell everyone not to purchase gifts during the first couple hours of the sale to avoid this?

Anyone interested in Steam Winter Sale Bingo?

I found a way to generate custom bingo cards. We'd just have to decide if there is a enough interest, rules, buy-in, rewards, etc. Then maybe make . . . yet another Steam group.

Like this post if you are interested in joining, and reply if you have ideas/suggestions. If I get 15+ likes, I'll make the Steam group and work on sending out invites.

Example Card Attached.

Anyone interested in Steam Winter Sale Bingo?

I found a way to generate custom bingo cards. We'd just have to decide if there is a enough interest, rules, buy-in, rewards, etc. Then maybe make . . . yet another Steam group.

Like this post if you are interested in joining, and reply if you have ideas/suggestions. If I get 15+ likes, I'll make the Steam group and work on sending out invites.
Sounds interesting...got a sample bingo card you can show us?

Hey guys how would I go through the process of buying a steam game from someone on the trade forum?  I have a paypal account and my debit card is linked to it.  Do I just send them the money to their email on paypal as "paying for goods and services" and he later gifts me the game on steam?

The solution to this problem is to own Bad Rats already. That way, if someone gifts it to you, you can regift it, thus continuing to spread joy around the world.

Also, let's say I'm waiting for my gift recipient's game to go on sale so I can buy it for him. But he's checking the daily sales himself, and as soon as it goes on sale we both buy it. Do we tell everyone not to purchase gifts during the first couple hours of the sale to avoid this?
Sure, but I think w/prolonged sales they also do a wrap up day, so it's pretty common sense to not buy yourself anything until then anyway, just incase there's a glitch or a flash sale. Really tho, worst case scenario is you wind up w/a gift duplicate that you can use in the trading forums.

I think a good rule for this would be you must give your gift before the last day of sales, that way whomever you're giving the gift to can focus on what they want to buy themselves on sale recap day. Also to avoid confusions/duplicates or whatever don't buy glitches as gifts. Flash sales tho, I guess if you really want it and are afraid your gifter won't get it, bite on it. Although I'd even wait on that, because you can get it from guys like Krugozor or Jakenome after the fact for cheaper anyway. Although if you're there for a glitch please buy a ton of extras for all the poor sorry saps who aren't at their rigs at the time (still butthurt I missed that dishonored sale).

Hey guys how would I go through the process of buying a steam game from someone on the trade forum? I have a paypal account and my debit card is linked to it. Do I just send them the money to their email on paypal as "paying for goods and services" and he later gifts me the game on steam?
Ask them for the game, they send you their paypal info, send it as Friends and Family. If you send as goods/services it charges a fee so they don;t get all the money. Besides this is CAG, we're all friends and family hurr.

New indie meadow bundle w/greenlight/desura gamez

http://www.indiemeadow.com/holiday/?source=epicbundle

Edit: FUQ NINJA'D 

Dubble edit: Nun uh dese luk interesting tho. I bought the last one basically cuz it had full boar in it, so that alone made it worth it, plus when you added in the off chance one of the last 6 or 7 games were any good or had cards it was guuud deel. These all look a bit poopy to me tho.

Is it just me or does that Audio Venture game look like a low-rent AudioSurf knock-off?
It's not just you, it definitely looks like an AudioSurf clone.

BTW Rac & Ren looks like the type of game that would give me nightmares.

You don't even have to go that far... You can always just put a gift in your inventory. Trust me, I had thought about regifting Bad Rats back to Neuro but since its such a thread highlight and I actually didn't own it... Well, I felt obligate to accept it and, well, actually play it.

I'll volunteer to be the Santa. I'm already fat and I think I own a (stained) red shirt. Everybody taking part should send me a friend request on Steam to make it easier. wtsutton528.

Translation: "Your Steam codez belongz to meeeeeee NOW!"

Alt Translations: "Bad Ratz for EVERYBODYZZZZ!"
For some reason my search on Steam for wtsutton528 turns up nothing :(

Oh man.. the new Bundle Stars bundle has Blood of the Werewolf in it. Too bad almost every other game is a repeat (ITSP technically isn't, but I have that from the Amazon Indie Bundle).

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-bundle/

$3.49 for:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Blood of the Werewolf
Slender: The Arrival
And Yet it Moves
Plain Sight
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
Snuggle Truck

Oh man.. the new Bundle Stars bundle has Blood of the Werewolf in it. Too bad almost every other game is a repeat (ITSP technically isn't, but I have that from the Amazon Indie Bundle).
That's our bundlestars... and the reason I've never bought anything from them despite peaking my interest a number of times.

Lol oh bundle bandits, i registered and account with them, didn't buy anything but my email was one of the ones in their whoops we forgot bcc everything email gaf. So to make up for it...they emailed me a pickle frenzy key

Isn't that being given away on Facebook right now?

$3.49 for:

Blood of the Werewolf
And Yet it Moves
Plain Sight
Snuggle Truck
Is this usually one code or multiple? I only own two so it's probably worth it.

Anyone think there is a good posibility that the games in the Indie Meadow Bundle that went live today will get Steam keys?  I only have 2 of the 8 games so seems like it might be worth it if we get Steam codes at some point.

Lol oh bundle bandits, i registered and account with them, didn't buy anything but my email was one of the ones in their whoops we forgot bcc everything email gaf. So to make up for it...they emailed me a pickle frenzy key

Isn't that being given away on Facebook right now?
Supposedly ended on Nov 24th. You had to "like" Bundle Bandits on Facebook, which I wasn't willing to do.

Anyone think there is a good posibility that the games in the Indie Meadow Bundle that went live today will get Steam keys? I only have 2 of the 8 games so seems like it might be worth it if we get Steam codes at some point.
Most of those games are shit. I don't even need to play them to know that. Watch the trailers. I think Project Night and Splatter have a decent chance of being greenlit though, if only because they were in Groupees bundles which has a pretty good following. The rest don't have much of a chance at getting greenlit.

Anyone think there is a good posibility that the games in the Indie Meadow Bundle that went live today will get Steam keys? I only have 2 of the 8 games so seems like it might be worth it if we get Steam codes at some point.
Who the hell knows? The quality of what gets greenlit on Steam these days is all over the map and they usually greenlight a ridiculous number of games at once. TBH, I think they just have a computer algorithm running that decides what gets greenlit, in what order, and what the interval is between greenlight bombs.

$3.49 for:

Blood of the Werewolf
And Yet it Moves
Plain Sight
Snuggle Truck
Hm. Not that tempting really.

$3.49 for:

Blood of the Werewolf
And Yet it Moves
Plain Sight
Snuggle Truck
The meat and potatoes of this bundle are Blood of the Werewolf and Slender: The Arrival (obviously). The cheapest both BotW and Slender have been is $4.99, I'm kind of surprised they're already in a bundle since both were released on Oct. 28th. I already own Insanely Twisted and Plain Sight, but for $3.49. Hmm. That's one of the better Bundle Star bundles I've seen lately.

Haha, Doc Clock... oh the joys of riding the coat tails of other games into a bundle. That must be nice.

$3.49 for:

Blood of the Werewolf
And Yet it Moves
Plain Sight
Snuggle Truck
Damn that's not too shabby. I'm in. Only one I have is And Yet It Moves.

Keep shitting on Bundlestars...but that's a very solid bundle. This idea of "repeats" is a joke too. Every bundle has repeats at this point. The fact that it's individual keys is a big selling point too. $3.50 for 7 individual keys. Again, to me they're bringing solid games at solid prices. They might not be hitting home runs, but they're consistently hitting doubles. Humble might hit a grand slam here and there, but they've been striking out quite a bit lately as well.

All that Facebook crap and I ended up hating Grid 2, at least it has steam cards but with so many free copies given out the cards are probably worthless. :(
Think I sold mine for around 20 cents each. Not sure why some games hold card value while others get stuck in that 8 cent hell.

edit: Bought the new Bundlestars bundle. Wanted Insanelyblahblahblah. Plus, I was out of Doc Clock keys to drop.

Keep shitting on Bundlestars...but that's a very solid bundle. This idea of "repeats" is a joke too. Every bundle has repeats at this point. The fact that it's individual keys is a big selling point too. $3.50 for 7 individual keys. Again, to me they're bringing solid games at solid prices. They might not be hitting home runs, but they're consistently hitting doubles. Humble might hit a grand slam here and there, but they've been striking out quite a bit lately as well.
Look, man, I probably like BS almost as much as the next guy, but the last four of those seven games are repeats and at least three of those have been bundled more than twice.

Look, man, I probably like BS almost as much as the next guy, but the last four of those seven games are repeats and at least three of those have been bundled more than twice.
Exactly. The new bundlestars is a good bundle that has some very new good releases, but it's chock full of repeats. BundleStars is the king of repeats, it's basically how they do business, their main customers are people that have missed out on other bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back