CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Secret World downloaded through FunCom's Client = 37.2 GB

The Secret World downloaded through Steam                  = 40.1 GB

??

That's obvious. The extra 3 gigabytes through Steam is obviously Half-Life 3
OMG - I should've known!

HL3 confirmed! :D

EDIT:

your up way too early, go back to sleep!
you're*

I did enough waking up and falling back to sleep last night, after coming home from work!

EDIT 2:

Oooh, I got Snow Globe Card #4 now.

EDIT 3:

I guess getting-up early in the morning might be a good time to catch-up on this thread, since it's pretty much at a stand-still right now. ;)

$1.99 for Universe Sandbox

...I might bite. I need to find a couple of Lets Play or WTF is, to see how much astrophyzizziles is involved.

Thanks to whoever that was for sharing his thoughts on Verdun. It looked mighty RO2-ish, and I hardly ever find a good game there despite the game having all kinds of potential and realized greatness.

Typing of the Dead. Would be an instant buy for me if it incorporated learning a foreign language. That'd be powerful.

Really want Memoria but it's only 50% off.

Is there already a page # I could review to talk me out of it? :)
You really need to ask here if you should buy something at 50% off? Wait. You know it will go on a cheaper sale eventually and/or bundled.

Speaking of which, I really want Paper's Please but I'm sorry it just has Humble Bundle written all over it. As soon as he gets that Linux version out I think they'll snap it right up.

Also I've pondered Bulletstorm a bit but came to the conclusion IT'S A TRAP! to get people to buy before Humble EA 2. Maybe.

You really need to ask here if you should buy something at 50% off? Wait. You know it will go on a cheaper sale eventually and/or bundled.

Speaking of which, I really want Paper's Please but I'm sorry it just has Humble Bundle written all over it. As soon as he gets that Linux version out I think they'll snap it right up.

Also I've pondered Bulletstorm a bit but came to the conclusion IT'S A TRAP! to get people to buy before Humble EA 2. Maybe.
Hey Motoki, you're absolutely right that Papers, Please has bundle fodder written all over it, but I also think that, given its critical praise, that probably won't happen for a while (half a year or more?). It'll probably be 75% off before then but still...

I think it's an incredible game, and I was VERY surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. It scratched a weird itch that most other games never have (that sounds weird and perverted), and I'm so glad I bought it for $5 during a previous sale. If you plan to play it soon, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Simon Parkin even lists it as his #1 game of 2013.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/12/the-most-crucial-games-of-2013.html

The game uses GFWL and so many people are complaining that it is not working, I am not sure if EA will even fix this issue. :roll:

Voted for Ninja, really enjoyed that game and I need to finish it. Also really tempted by bulletstorm, but wondering if SP will still be playable post GFWL shutdown.

Voted for Ninja, really enjoyed that game and I need to finish it. Also really tempted by bulletstorm, but wondering if SP will still be playable post GFWL shutdown.
couldnt use offline profile? and same the ohter two eitheer been flash sale or bundle already

your up way too early, go back to sleep!
u need more sleep and less spanking mns and ssse hehe mysterd needs to stay up at night to party insteead of leaving us alone lonely alnd make me go crazy dont reemeber how i put aj diapper chnage lol thanks to mysterd he supppose to make me normal instead i dont reemebeer anythign i post

Good enough reason to wait next christmas sale or [customspoiler='maybe']just before shutdown 80%+ sale to ripoff last money from CAG's[/customspoiler]

I keep wanting to call it Spoder House of Dead Ninjas.

i_hilarious_spiderman_memes_023_50a8e59216553.jpg

Bulletstorm Link ZDPP Title; does not support local profiles but can be played offline.

Nope, totally unplayable, unless you install it before shutdown and hope you don't have to reinstall Windows.
thanks oh so only ea can do it like they will theey always hate us all they prolly do what theey did to one of their recent screw consumer. couldnt developer do it or havee to go through their publisher? and oh i see so http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE_games this might be better link

Bulletstorm mad fun yo. Me thinks they will patch out gfwl soon.

I picked up Papers, Please from humble store for $5 and wow it is tense! I'm really lovin it, played it for 3 straight hours, its cray cray.

I ordered a copy of Remember Me from this site- http://www.gamingdragons.com/en They took my monies but i havent gotten my steam key yet, welp. Anyone ever order anything on that site?
thanks i will buy and send u aj to spank you hehhe

Dudes....I ended up with the best Secret Santa on CAG!

HOOKERS!

He didn't send me hookers...but something pretty damn close. Thanks, ese!
Havn't gotten anything from either Secret Santa. I'm guessing the Hookers are putting up a fight lol. Good thing we have till after the New Year.

Just wanted to say I love this community. My wife always asks "what is that website with the dark background you are always on"

I would be very surprised to see Bulletstorm in an EA bundle. It's an Epic Games title and EA is simply involved under EA Partners distribution.

I would be very surprised to see Bulletstorm in an EA bundle. It's an Epic Games title and EA is simply involved under EA Partners distribution.
Remove the GFWL version that comes with the game and google for an older installer of GFWL 3.0 or 3.5. These allow you to play offline and ignore the log-in process altogether. The newer versions still want you to bind the game to your account first, if I remember right. And yeah, no issues whatsoever here. here workaround for bulletstorm

Remove the GFWL version that comes with the game and google for an older installer of GFWL 3.0 or 3.5. These allow you to play offline and ignore the log-in process altogether. The newer versions still want you to bind the game to your account first, if I remember right. And yeah, no issues whatsoever here. here workaround for bulletstorm
Sweet Jesus, your "help, I'm having a stroke" posting style was all an act, wasn't it? You're perfectly capable of posting in a normal manner.

I hate you.

Too bad olders version doesn't work in Windows 8, so that's not useful for me. Still a skip and see next sale if there's a change for this :)

Sweet Jesus, your "help, I'm having a stroke" posting style was all an act, wasn't it? You're perfectly capable of posting in a normal manner.

I hate you.
nah i forget to say i got it from bullletstorm dicussion pagee credit to guy hhe

Too bad olders version doesn't work in Windows 8, so that's not useful for me. Still a skip and see next sale if there's a change for this :)
that sucks windows 8 is so horrid man i know why i didnt want it time for me to stay away from it forever

Suprisingly SOTS:The Pit, gets better with the DLC by a long shot. A lot more variety added, seems quicker, lots of extra items/characters, more monsters and such. There is 2 of them and I highly recommend both if you liked the game just a bit. It took it to being fun for me, and is now one of the rogue type games I play. Without DLC it's a bit too vanilla...luckily the DLC is cheap and more like an expansion pack, kind of like the Dungeons of Dredmor one was.

Suprisingly SOTS:The Pit, gets better with the DLC by a long shot. A lot more variety added, seems quicker, lots of extra items/characters, more monsters and such. There is 2 of them and I highly recommend both if you liked the game just a bit. It took it to being fun for me, and is now one of the rogue type games I play. Without DLC it's a bit too vanilla...luckily the DLC is cheap and more like an expansion pack, kind of like the Dungeons of Dredmor one was.
Really? I had been reading it's worse/harder with the DLC. I might need to check this out.

Bulletstorm is only four hours, and quite a riot, so even a CAG should be able to play it before then.

Mo winh8, Mo Problems. Again, it's only four hours long.

I've been skipping this for over a years thinking it's going to be bundled any day now.
ftfy

It's simply a steam sale tradition.

Bulletstorm is only four hours, and quite a riot, so even a CAG should be able to play it before then.

Mo winh8, Mo Problems. Again, it's only four hours long.

Imo, it's simply a steam sale tradition.
I really wish Epic would support PC gaming like they used to - you know, like they did before Microsoft's $ tainted them. I certainly did like GoW PC + Bulletstorm PC - but they treated PC gamers much better, back when Unreal series + UT series were actually a BIG deal.

EDIT:

Oh, I'd be very happy w/ Epic took G4WL out of Bulletstorm and switched it to something else. Either Origin (since EA is involved as a publisher here) or Steam. Either of them would be much better than G4WL.

Bulletstorm mad fun yo. Me thinks they will patch out gfwl soon.

I picked up Papers, Please from humble store for $5 and wow it is tense! I'm really lovin it, played it for 3 straight hours, its cray cray.

I ordered a copy of Remember Me from this site- http://www.gamingdragons.com/en They took my monies but i havent gotten my steam key yet, welp. Anyone ever order anything on that site?
bout Gaming Dragons (Ultimatum Games)
Company Name: UGK LTD.
San Jose, CA, United States
USA Local: 408 600 2815
International: +1 408 600 2815

Gaming Dragons is a digital retailer of physical PC games.

Now what does that mean
  1. We sell games globally and have sold to over 95 countries.
  2. We buy the games from several official sources which are large Distributors over Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia and USA who provides physical boxes of PC Games.
  3. We are able to acquire the marchandise to our warehouses located in Europe and distribute digitally the game codes which are scanned directly from the game boxes.
    To take down the shipping, handeling and customs fees.
    Therefore we are able to lower our expense and provide you with good quality games and also affordable for your wallets.
    In our prespective is a massive Win!
Our system and website was built by us for gamers all over the world who share a common passion - gaming.
Our customer policy is created to satisfy you. We hope you enjoy your visit at our website, and always aim to provide you with top quality service!
Buying from us is extremely secure.

Gaming Dragons Team
Well, shit.

Heard a lot of good stuff about Bulletstorm, but Ima wait to play until after GFWL goes byebye in case they add achievements to Steam.

... hasn't this been bundled already? I could've sworn I got a key for it.

I avoided it after I saw that "Play the game for a year" achievement.
lol, so you better make sure you don't get The Stanley Parable.

The "Go Outside" achievment (for the Stanley Parable) - "Don't play The Stanley Parable for five years" :D

Well, shit.

Heard a lot of good stuff about Bulletstorm, but Ima wait to play until after GFWL goes byebye in case they add achievements to Steam.
EA was a partner-publisher w/ that partners-program w/ Bulletstorm.

Do you really think they (Epic) might be able swing Bulletstorm over to Steamworks-only?

It'd be nice, sure - but is that really gonna happen?

G4WL is probably there as a middle-ware program, so they could have the game sold both on Steam + Origin - and probably so they didn't have to put in too much more Net-code on the PC, since XBox version would use XBL (Remember, G4WL and XBL are tied together). We all know EA w/ Origin and Valve w/ Steam ain't the best of buddies, you know?

Maintaining two different versions for Epic - i.e. one for Origin-only, one for Steamworks-only - might be a pain in the neck. I don't see that happening.

Plus, when has Epic really supported PC gaming like they used to in the Unreal + UT days?

Are there other middle-ware programs like G4WL that Epic could use, so the game could be sold on both Steam + Origin?

GameRanger, maybe?

interesting sorry bout last night i was fruated wiht shitty sale i just couldnt take joke to sse and mns sorry for me cant take no joke bllame steam shitty sale for it
:grouphug:

This is my reasoning, and why I think I will pick it up despite it's undetermined future.

Ninja's LOST! :bs:
I'll be back in a bit, time to go visit some of the leaser members of the Steam community (by which I mean everyone who didn't vote for Ninjas)
MEMES-chewbacca-on-squirrel-and-fighting-nazis.jpg

Morning got ya down? Need a swift kick in the teeth?

For Posterity: Community Voting Results

25% - Super House of Dead Ninjas @ 75% off
31% - Typing of the Dead @ 50% off
44% - SotS: The Pit @ 80% off

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233700/

Reviews
"There is such a wealth to do and upgrade that it never feels like you’re saying the same game twice."

8/10 - {LINK REMOVED - Please don't spam, and be wary of scams.}
"The Pit delivers a solid experience and should be a must buy for fans of the genre. And remember, in space, no one can hear you scream as you die for the forty-second time."
Twonk Hammer
"The tired old roguelike mechanic of running away gets more tense when you can’t see if the monster is still chasing you, and if it’s gaining on you!"
Dragon Chasers
Bad publisher tried to :spam: in description. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back