CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Bundle Stars - High Octane Bundle

$1.99 for the first 48 hours only:

• Clutch (bundled 1 time)
  • Crash Time 2 (bundled 2 times)
  • Death Track: Resurrection (bundled 2 times)
  • Metal Drift (bundled 2 times)
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (bundled 6 times)
  • Wasteland Angel (bundled 5 times)
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/high-octane-bundle/
Best deal for Clutch so far. All repeats, but Clutch was in a $2.50 bundle with repeats before.

- I have all but Teleglitch and Skyward Collapse

- Can't use Gabe bux

+ Two for the price of one

haha that was the Limited bundle... I can't believe it's still going on. Well, I have a few hours to decide... thanks,
I wanted Teleglitch and Skyward Collapse so I went the bundle route. I think SC would have been cheaper through Steam but the bundle cost was still less than the total for both games on Steam. I purchased the Teleglitch DLC through Amazon when it was cheap.

Steam users are idiots.  Lets not vote for the two new games that haven't been on sale and vote for the one that is always on sale.  Really?  Solar 2?

Patiently waiting to be meh'ed again by the deals. Then again it's not my fault I own over half the games on daily deals, lol.

I voted for that 7 game. Solar 2 has been on sale for $2.50.

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

19% - 7 Grand Steam @ 70%
31% - Teleglitch @ 70%
50% - Solar 2 @ 80%

If Shadowrun at 40 percent off is truly a daily, I'm going to curb stomp small bunnies.  What kind of joke sale is this?  Its been 40 percent off all week.

Edit:  Now it is showing 55 percent off.  Don't hurt yourself too badly with those discounts, Steam.

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year just rang up at 14.99 for me...

On the sale page its showing 29.99... but when you click into it its 14.99

Prices not quite updated on front page click to get prices...Shadowrun Returns is 55% off. Voted for Brothers got TotalBiscuit's game of the year so pretty high praises...and will be a decent price if it wins.

People really need to learn to click on a title or (god forbid) just wait one minute before assuming the worst.

Or don't. Whichever's funnier.

Some pretty nice deals today, but nothing for me.

Forgetting past/potential bundles for a minute...

- Castle Crashers and Trine 2 are both a lot of fun for the money (particularly the former)

- BL2 GOTY is a fair price

- Reus is an... interesting game. Definitely the right price

- Brutal Legend at a buck-ninety-nine? I mean c'mon

And I'm voting for Brothers

I actually like Brutal Legend on PS3.  But I'm a huge fan of metal and rock and got a kick out of it every time Ozzy was on screen swearing.

Borderlands 2 GOTY...LOVED the game and the Tiny Tina DLC was my favorite DLC of all time.  But that is because I grew up on Dungeons and Dragons.

Castle Crashers was a blast on PS3 with my daughter.

Steam is running out of chances before some of the games I want from Amazon go on sale tomorrow and Wednesday (Lego LotR and Marvel, Dark Souls, Far Cry 3, Dungeon Siege III).

This sale is kind of weak... I have 1 game I want, but have been tempted by others. This sale day I don't want to buy any of them, and that's saying something.

I've already played CC too much for my own good, but do consider it. The humor is a bit sophomoric, but the overall gameplay is good. There's just enough variety to keep you going too. Friend's night with this game is a great idea :)

I gave up on Awesomenauts dlcs because they are way too many of them, and BL2 is even worst. All that amount of dlcs is really getting out of hand.

Anybody else really broke and feeling a sense of relief whenever a set of dailies come up that you don't want?
Normally I'd say yes, but Steam has failed to strip my wallet to any great effect. I'm just sitting on this pile of money and wondering why Gabe hasn't shown up to eat it yet.

I've already played CC too much for my own good, but do consider it. The humor is a bit sophomoric, but the overall gameplay is good. There's just enough variety to keep you going too. Friend's night with this game is a great idea :)
I kinda have to disagree, I found it really repetitive. Granted I typically am not huge on beat-em-ups, but unless you have a group of friends I'd skip it. Definitely more of a chore in SP than anything else.

So I have the vanilla BL2, is the season pass and the GOTY version virtually the same?  If i need the DLC only does one merit a purchase over the other?

I have Borderlands 2 GOTY.

Are UVHP2 and the Headhunter packs worth picking up?
The HH packs are super short. I'd wait for them to drop even more. UVHP2 is essential if you plan to replay the game multiple times and you want to get the most out of the game level-wise. It includes Digistruct Peak, which is a replayable arena featuring waves of bosses and even a few unique enemies. Otherwise, don't bother.

I kinda have to disagree, I found it really repetitive. Granted I typically am not huge on beat-em-ups, but unless you have a group of friends I'd skip it. Definitely more of a chore in SP than anything else.
If you're not huge on beat-em-ups, then CC really shouldn't appeal to you anyway. As you mentioned, it's tons of fun with friends, but I've played through most of it solo and have had a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back