CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Steam hipsters, get off Tumblr and vote for Doorways 1&2 so we can have something to look forward to this Christmas.

You know I don't recall. These weren't expensive though and I generally find shipping kills the benefit of most Lifetime warranty type deals.
True. If they were inexpensive, shipping would probably cost more than you originally paid, but might be worth the shipping cost if they were more expensive ones.

So apparently Bingos can go diagonally?

Bingo card 1!

Max Payne, Eldritch, Decent "Free Space", Surgeon Simulator, Deus Ex.

I take paypal, gaben buckz, and cold hard cash... 

Braid 80% off but soundtrack only 50% off.  :roll:

I voted for Doorways but have a bad feeling that Gnomoria may just pull off an upset win.

The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 is currently free on XBL. Just posting it here in case any closet paupers are lurking.

homeless-man-goes-online.jpg

AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD GET FREE SHIT INSTEAD OF 33% OFF A GODDAMN SEASON PASS ARGH

Braid 80% off but soundtrack only 50% off. :roll:

I voted for Doorways but have a bad feeling that Gnomoria may just pull off an upset win.
Yeah, Gnomoria will probably win. This is a popularity contest, and Gnomoria is by far the most popular. No one's heard of the other 2 games..

Voted for Doorways but MirrorMoon EP looks pretty cool but its 2deep4me.  Steamworld Dig only 25% off? Gaben be trollin yo.

\o

Steamworld Dig at 25% off.

That's a crummy discount but I've heard good things and I'm finding it hard to spend proper money elsewhere in this sale.

I suspect I'm going to be rational and pass this one up, only to regret it at the end of the sale.

Non-buyer's remorse. What have we come to?

I hate you, but at least we can move onto the second card now...oh wait, we already did...well tomorrow will be my turn, don't get cocky!
The sad thing is I won 24 hours ago and didn't realize it... That was win Eldritch popped. (Granted, I hadn't marked of Deus Ex by some chance a few days ago also... )

if it make you feel any better I spent a few hours looking for steam deal news articles to put that Google Doc sheet together (with the help of many others) so if you look at as payment I likely didn't even make minimal wage (nor did I get health care) for my efforts.

I'm really not even sure how many people are in the group... I mean I know the group has 26 members but how many paid in?

The sad thing is I won 24 hours ago and didn't realize it... That was win Eldritch popped. (Granted, I hadn't marked of Deus Ex by some chance a few days ago also... )

if it make you feel any better I spent a few hours looking for steam deal news articles to put that Google Doc sheet together (with the help of many others) so if you look at as payment I likely didn't even make minimal wage (nor did I get health care) for my efforts.

I'm really not even sure how many people are in the group... I mean I know the group has 26 members but how many paid in?
Probably too late but KaOTiK (also a CAG) maintains a great record of the big Steam Sales going back a couple years over on AnandTech. Here's his 2013 Steam Holiday Sale thread/history.

Hey, just remembered that get games has it for the same price... Its the Mac version but its Steamworks so its all the same.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/borderlands-2-mac-goty

http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/648814842663174492/
Good to see somebody taking care of customers. I would buy it but I have it on disc on PS3 and already played it and all the DLCs. Then PS+ gave us the vanilla game for free. Can't bring myself to pay for something I already bought once, then got again for free.

On a side note: Just bought Lego LotR, Lego Marvel, and Dark Souls from the Amazon sale. Those could have been YOUR sales, Steam!!!

But I DID grab Braid in the Flash sale.

I mention this at least twice every sale. (Sorry I wasn't part of the CAG Bingo thing/planning.)
It's perfect fodder for explaining why this sale sucks more than those in the past / what to expect.
It sucks more than last year as we're all a year older and a year grumpier than we were.

Even you, ashes. Even you.

Except Mooby, he was born this way.

Braid 80% off but soundtrack only 50% off. :roll:

I voted for Doorways but have a bad feeling that Gnomoria may just pull off an upset win.

Yeah, Gnomoria will probably win. This is a popularity contest, and Gnomoria is by far the most popular. No one's heard of the other 2 games..

I just can't vote for Gnomoria because the spelling kinda makes me think of gonorrhea. ick
Sorry kids, Gnomorrhea is on my wishlist and the other two aren't. Didn't vote for horror game du jour, maybe next time.

\o

Steamworld Dig at 25% off.

That's a crummy discount but I've heard good things and I'm finding it hard to spend proper money elsewhere in this sale.

I suspect I'm going to be rational and pass this one up, only to regret it at the end of the sale.

Non-buyer's remorse. What have we come to?
It looks fun but from what I've read on the forums it's fairly short (3 hours) without much replay value. Fundle border.

Re: Mystara -- If anyone gets daaaaat four pack on daaaaaat GMG and would take a $2.50 Steam game in trade, hit daaaaaat PM button and message me. And I know there's a thread for deals like daaaaaaaaat but… daaaaat deal, yo.

Maybe four.  I've seen a few numbers most of them were three, some five.  I guess if you're a completionist it could be a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back