CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who may be bummed that Long Live the Queen has a 0.000000000000001% chance to win the vote for next community deal it is 50% off now @ $5 direct from the developer's site. (You won't see the discount until you put it in the cart)

It's the non-Steam version BUT you can take the key you get from it and enter it to generate a Steam key here: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/

Someone on Reddit confirmed generating the Steam key that way does work.

*Edit: Also I gifted it to Utopianmachine that way and she was able to redeem it for a Steam key.

Here are some Steam Codes if anyone wants them. Happy holidays!

Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time:

M5BNP-B033G-DMP53

A Valley Without Wind 1 + 2:
MDW24-9GE5H-4EIM9

Skyward Collapse:

M82QF-RXQK2-FET4X

Thinking about grabbing FTL and maybe the Sims today. 

M5BNP-B033G-DMP53

MDW24-9GE5H-4EIM9

Skyward Collapse:

M82QF-RXQK2-FET4X

Used A Valley Without Wind code

I will name my first child born out of wedlock after you

IndieGala's limited bundle is half off right now. $1.99 to grab Teleglitch and a bunch of other games! http://www.indiegala.com/limited

I still can't purchase from them so if anyone grabs an extra copy of Teleglitch let me know and we can work something out!
The limited bundle went from $3+ to $1.99 so it is limited time to pay more while the later adopters get rewarded, well played IndieGala. :applause:

The latest Humble Bundle has added Bad Hotel, Solar 2, and The Bard's Tale to the BTA tier.

Bad Hotel was buggy when last I played it, but supposedly it's been updated since. Some levels were impossible to finish as the AI kept sending birds en masse destroying your oddly shaped Hotels. That killed any enjoyment I initially had. It's not a great game by any means, it has some bizarre charm, however I was underwhelmed overall. But hey! It has Steam cards!
Thanks for the heads up. So one of the community choice Solar 2 ended up in the bundle, glad I didn't grab that during the flash sale.

{Eyebrow raised}
I will now forever picture Mr. Bean when I see you type this.

That's foxes.

Also camping in the Appalachians would depress anyone, stop that.
I can attest to this, as I live near them and it is like living inside Mooby's subconscious.

For those who may be bummed that Long Live the Queen has a 0.000000000000001% chance to win the vote for next community deal it is 50% off now @ $5 direct from the developer's site. (You won't see the discount until you put it in the cart)
Thanks for the heads up, I will wait to see if it goes on sale direct from steam (unlikely, as you said) and if not will pick it up from them.

For whatever reason I'm really wanting to play this (suppressed desires to be a princess I suppose) ^_^

Badgers? I don't need no stinkin Badgers.
What about badgers, in SPAAAAACE!

M5BNP-B033G-DMP53

MDW24-9GE5H-4EIM9

Skyward Collapse:

M82QF-RXQK2-FET4X

Tried to grab Skyward Collapse, but it was already taken.

Thanks anyway. Murry Christmas.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck YOU STEAM USERS

I hate you. I hope you get gonorhea.
Gnomorrhea is downloading now. Thanks, Gaben! :D/

Dang, missed the RoV glitch. That was a nice price!

EDIT: If anybody has an extra, let me know. Also, remind me--do the Steam Sims DLCs work with the Origin base game or no?
Both Steam and non-Steam DLCs will work in Origin. Only Steam DLCs will work in Steam. So if your base game is Origin-only, you can buy the DLCs from Steam; but you have to import the keys into Origin to make them show up.

M5BNP-B033G-DMP53

MDW24-9GE5H-4EIM9

Skyward Collapse:

M82QF-RXQK2-FET4X

Skyward Collapse was lurked. Thanks for the drop, though!

in Kentucky we call them polecats :whee:
We use that term for something else here in Chicago.

polekatz2.jpg

:grouphug:  I love this thread. Thanks djbooba, I'm overwhelmed with your kindness.

Here's a partial pay it forward, more some stuff tomorrow probably.

Theme is Christmas Movies, Go! (First letter of the answer = *)

Name of the Actor that voiced Sam the Snowman in Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Plain Sight - MIJP*-IHTCX-77TY6

Voice of the Grinch (1966)

Post Mortem - Y*VLL-JZFLM-NPJNL

Lucy Van Pelt asks Schroeder to play what song repeatedly?

Snuggle truck - 387FF-IXC*9-7ZCG5

Actor who played the Narrator in Frosty the Snowman (1969)

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time - G*8NH-2WI3E-T8W9Y

Name of the B.B. gun Ralphie wanted

And Yet It Moves - 3FAR*-ZZ34Q-QEM6R

The last name of this actor who plays both Rusty Griswold and a guy named Leonard on a geek TV show

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - 3*545-M349L-GHNIN

Name of the misfit elf who prefers studying dentistry to making toys

Blackwell Deception - W58AC-FKF2*-5A3P3

The Muppet Christmas Carol is a retelling of this classic Dickens tale

Men of War - 2LD40-4AETW-XK0K*

In Home Alone, the name of the pizza delivery company

Men of War: Red Tide - ALCZV-HY7LW-*KP98

Have fun! I thought this might be better than just dropping codes.

Yeah, but at least w/ my post - you ain't been waiting for a new one since 2007. I love snakeybro spanking me at tebow chat party
fixxed oh realy now mysterd loves my party ur welcome sadlly it be late christmas eve party i will be gonee for while afte 8pm est till idk

For the benefit of those considering Love Live the Queen and hoping that it'll be like Princess Maker, my personal opinion is that this one is a fair bit more shallow and almost completely linear due to the fixed events and the focus of the game.

While cute, the game is more centered around "how do I survive?" instead of the multiple endings like Princess Maker, and this is apparent when most of the in-game achievements is based on how you die, and there is a very limited number (2-3?) of winning (living) endings, reachable only if you can navigate/meet a very narrow set of requirements of certain stats check at certain points of the game. This makes the game very unsatisfying when you eventually "win".

I think the main problem is mostly due to the fact that the events are fixed and your path differs only by what stats you have and what limited choices you made during these events. Most of the time, you won't even be shown the available choices because you failed the stats-check in the first place!

Without giving more away, just say that after about the 10th or 15th time restarting and going thru the game, and seeing the same exact events again, I got really tired of trying to avoid the numerous pitfalls the game throw at you (read: meet the skills requirements).. it would have been a much better game if they had more "living" endings (it doesn't have to be a winning one) instead of priding itself on killing you.

It's quite the disappointment compared to the Princess Maker games really.. I remember fondly the first pie-eating contest near the start of that game, and the wide variety of endings it had..

:grouphug: I love this thread. Thanks djbooba, I'm overwhelmed with your kindness.

The last name of this actor who plays both Rusty Griswold and a guy named Leonard on a geek TV show

Got this one. Thanks!

This year I am thankful for.

1. Steam Sales
  2. PC Gaming
  3. Family
  4. CAG
  5. Trampolines
  6. Humble Bundles
  7. Majesty 2
  8. P587-VHKH2-FJ2TE
  9. Pie!
  10. Football
    11. Next Gen Hair Physics
    12.You must really want to get to know me
    13.Actually, I really do like pie
    14. Does this list never end...skipping ahead a few
    2033.  WMRLD-VLM6Y-MYK58

What Valve puts out in quality, you make up for in volume. It's your strength, revel in it.
I used to say that about Lil Wayne - until I heard Rebirth, IANAHB2, Dedication 5.

EDIT:

I forgot Carter 4 - add that to the list, too.

Ho, ho, ho! Again...

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=3XpU*ckTKxfRt5kp

* = First letter (capitalized) of the shiny silver stuff you put on Christmas trees to simulate icicles

FEAR 2: Project Origin -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=c*zx7x5ah7YZxFrx

* = First letter (capitalized) of a broad-leafed evergreen plant associated with Christmas decorations

FEAR 3 -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bf6Gb*ydh3nrfwdK

* = First letter (capitalized) of the name of a famous snowman

:grouphug: I love this thread. Thanks djbooba, I'm overwhelmed with your kindness.

Thank you for Doc Clock.

Also, I love the kindness being showed by all sort of people around here. I went to sleep last night and woke up to gifts from CAGs I had no right to get.

Are those order specific?
Well, that would be kind of terrible if it was, really it's just an excuse to use the numbered list. But I'll go ahead and acknowledge trampolines are really my fifth favorite thing.

Also, note, list has been updated to extend to 2033.

Oh, c'mon - the (so-called) "content" that I generate is probably nowhere as exciting as anything Valve puts out.
You're right, they're not in the same stratosphere. Valve wishes they could release anything half as entertaining as your content

Besides, all your content is DRM free

Ugghhh. I can't shake this feeling that Steam is like a bad relationship now. I mean, at first when we met, Steam was quirky. You didn't know what the hell Steam might do. Steam would tease you with a massive 90% off "glitch" and then take it back a minute later. And you knew Steam meant to tease you, because it did it year after year. But somewhere along the line Steam lost all that charm and personality. Steam lost that randomness that kept you guessing, that made you want to be there with Steam for everything that happened, lest you miss something. Steam decided it needed to grow up, and stop being so "silly".

But now, Steam has got it's shit together. Steam doesn't want to tease you anymore. Steam gives you a bland discount on the base title only....what's that? You wanted a similar discount on the DLC as well? Well fuck you, Steam makes the decisions now, and you'll like what you get! When and why did Steam decide to become so serious? No one can say. But in forgetting what made Steam great to begin with, well. Steam, I think we should see other people. And it IS you, it's not me. I haven't changed. I still remember how to have fun. It'd be nice if you let your hair down once in a while now, instead of wearing it in a tight bun while you read spreadsheets about your latest margin vs profit reports. This just isn't the Steam I fell in love with. i don't know who you are anymore Steam. There's.....there's someone new. his name is Tony, and he works for Amazon. I think we can continue to be friends. I'll still come see you once in a while, but I think I'll be spending more time with him........he treats me better. Now kindly take your so called "deals" and go fuck yourself.

Name of the Actor that voiced Sam the Snowman in Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Plain Sight - MIJP*-IHTCX-77TY6

Voice of the Grinch (1966)

Post Mortem - Y*VLL-JZFLM-NPJNL

Lucy Van Pelt asks Schroeder to play what song repeatedly?

Snuggle truck - 387FF-IXC*9-7ZCG5

Name of the B.B. gun Ralphie wanted

And Yet It Moves - 3FAR*-ZZ34Q-QEM6R

Name of the misfit elf who prefers studying dentistry to making toys

Blackwell Deception - W58AC-FKF2*-5A3P3

The Muppet Christmas Carol is a retelling of this classic Dickens tale

Men of War - 2LD40-4AETW-XK0K*

In Home Alone, the name of the pizza delivery company

Men of War: Red Tide - ALCZV-HY7LW-*KP98

Have fun! I thought this might be better than just dropping codes.

Hehehe, thanks for this!

Every time someone posts one of these, I start by looking for a game I want, can't figure it out, look for one I can answer, don't find any and start guessing! :rofl: Tons o' fun!

Would it contain all your content or that seasonal bullshit Borderlands 2 does and everybody likes to complain about despite the fact that the season pass said it would only cover 4 packs
Season Pass will NOT include everything.

There might be multiple Season Passes - still thinking about that. ;)

There will also be a Miscellaneous DLC's Forever Pass.

If we put out ant Misc DLC's and sell it as DLC, owning this Pass will incorporate ALL of those.

This will include level caps increase, new items DLC's, new classes, and any other Misc bullcrap we can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back