CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I give up on Wolverine.  Haven't even come close to breaking my own high score.

Sorry for ruining christmas.

Preedatore, I humbly offer a full copy of Hacker Evolution Duality to you as proof of your Pinball superiority.  Please note that this is no simple version of Hacker Evolution Duality, but the basegame PLUS the 3 part Inception DLC.  And as an added bonus, because you so completely destroyed me in Pinball, I shall include the Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package.

You truly have earned it.

p.s. no tag backs

As far as horror games go, definitely try Amnesia. If you like that, pick up the first two Penumbra games. (Third one doesn't advance the plot and only has a couple creepy sections.) Dead Space 1 and 2 are must plays, but only the first one is on steam. Other than that, I can't think of any amazing PC horror games that you haven't already mentioned. The first three Silent Hill games are almost perfect, but I've only played them on the PS2. Fortunately, they've been ported to just about everything, so you should have something that can run them. (Just avoid the 360 version of the HD collection. It's supposed to have some terrible bugs that were never fixed.)

I'd also like to recommend Gone Home if you like the horror atmosphere and the way horror games tell stories through notes/clues left in the environment. Nothing paranormal happens in it, but it's still pretty eerie.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Gone Home's only about two and a half hours long and has no replay value, so that's another thing to take into consideration.
thank you both who recommended me games. i like a good scare and will take these all into consideration. im getting amnesia definitely and gone home. thanks again :p

Been down over 4 hours now. Steam/Valve should fire their networking support. I enjoy the service, but when it goes down, it crashes hard.
They're pretty bad about fixing things during non-regular business workday hours, hence the reason for Valve Time (aka 10AM PST after everyone got the butts in the office and had their coffee).

It really doesn't take a genius to realize giving a free popular game out for one day only on the largest PC digital gaming site in the world would probably generate an insane amount of hits and that if you must do it it might not be the best idea to do it when everyone has the day off.

Been down over 4 hours now. Steam/Valve should fire their networking support. I enjoy the service, but when it goes down, it crashes hard.

imac2much

Quantum Conundrum (AMZ glitch): Y9Z89-*Z8K7-C4EVH
*1st letter of 2nd word: First Gamersgate glitch

Thanks mate. It was an E
u idnt know this is the first crash since umm summer or last winter and shouldnt valve have look at what happen when gmg did freee stellar impact and free civ 5 or free mafia 2 when do companies learn free is good but u better watch out because u better have fucking server to offload this crash llol

Its a shame the store has been down...what with the flash sale on Red Dead Redemption and all.  Probably won't be back on before the flash sale ends.

Valve can't win. Try to be nice and give out a free game, and boom, this :(
Sure they can. Give out games, have system to support demand. Win!

And companies don't give stuff away to be "nice", they do it for marketing. I don't say that as "Valve is evil!" or anything but people act like Steam has these sales to be your best friend or something and that's just an unhealthy attitude for a consumer to take. There's nothing wrong with Valve (or any company) giving stuff away as a marketing stunt but just be aware that that's what it is.

Its a shame the store has been down...what with the flash sale on Red Dead Redemption and all. Probably won't be back on before the flash sale ends.
guncraft was one sale dungeeon defneders it was more due to valve givign free l4d2 also kingdom rise and the king of fighter xii and it christmas they give free for ur christmas for hwo shitty their sale was

Its a shame the store has been down...what with the flash sale on Red Dead Redemption and all. Probably won't be back on before the flash sale ends.
Red Dead Redemption...?

You have to wonder, though: Why Left 4 Dead 2? All these free copies will force them to buy more servers to support the online multiplay. Or, is it peer 2 peer?

This is so stupid. I can't even get the game I want (KOF) because of the servers being hammered. Why valve :[

Being a user wanting to purchase a game is one thing but imagine being a developer/publisher who has their game on sale with an eight hour timer ticking away and you've just lost like four of those hours. That is who Valve is going to get an earful from in regards to extending the deals.

Being a user wanting to purchase a game is one thing but imagine being a developer/publisher who has their game on sale with an eight hour timer ticking away and you've just lost like four of those hours. That is who Valve is going to get an earful from in regards to extending the deals.
i wouldnt buy any flash deals and brought ahead of the crash so im not losing much

I figured I'd grab terraria for 75% off.. can't log onto steams store like anyone else.

Seems Steam, PSN, Xbox live and WiiU ALL got swamped today.

So much for the decline in gaming.

I figured I'd grab terraria for 75% off.. can't log onto steams store like anyone else.

who said that it aint declining till the zombies comes actually everythign wouldd be decline except food guns lol

warren it is steam free game l4d2 crash and it too get the serveer out stress

Okay, I give up on Wolverine. Haven't even come close to breaking my own high score.

Sorry for ruining christmas.

Preedatore, I humbly offer a full copy of Hacker Evolution Duality to you as proof of your Pinball superiority. Please note that this is no simple version of Hacker Evolution Duality, but the basegame PLUS the 3 part Inception DLC. And as an added bonus, because you so completely destroyed me in Pinball, I shall include the Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package.

You truly have earned it.

p.s. no tag backs
My plan has worked. Success!

Edit: my success on Wolverine can be attributed to s good Sentinel run. Activated Sentinel mission, hit a saucer instantly, garnering 4.7 million per lit ramp hit. That was close to 30 million of my 83 million.

Yeah, buncha people who just got Steam gift cards and would go on the site with money burning a hole in their pocket while your stuff is front page on sale but... nope.

Steam made the mistake of giving a free game on a busy day but the other three are just bad networks.

Steam made the mistake of giving a free game on a busy day but the other three are just bad networks.
I don't know about bad networks.... I don't ever remember PSN and Xbox Live being down as often and for as long as this.... sure both especially PSN have had their fair share of problems but never this large.

I don't know about bad networks.... I don't ever remember PSN and Xbox Live being down as often and for as long as this.... sure both especially PSN have had their fair share of problems but never this large.
I'm going to guess you're conveniently skipping over PSN's 2 month outage.

I'm going to guess you're conveniently skipping over PSN's 2 month outage.
No, I did say PSN especially has had it's fair share of problems lol but I don't remember them being as often as it seems to be happening now.... but that 2 month(was it that long, I thought it was 2 weeks) was like a one time thing... I don't remember PSN and especially not XBL being down like a few days every month... idk i just don't remember any one of them ever being this bad.

Didn't Microsoft brag about some uber cloud computing network for the new xbox live for the xbox one?

Seems its no better than anyone else. I'm kind of amazed that extra bandwidth wasn't procured though in anticipation of both the next gen launches.

Yeah I am gonna go chill out and let that flash deal pass me by, right? :roll:
why not? It wouldn't be the first or last time either a flash sale ends up in a daily deal or is on sale on the last day, at the same price point... plus I also highly doubt Valve will just be like f everyone we are not going to put up these sales again

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back