CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, who was the one who recommended Savant-Ascent on these boards?

I have it now and it's horribly addictive. :(

Also, the music is awesome.

Race the Sun, Guacamelee, and (believe it or not) Two Worlds have been pleasant surprises for me this year.

So, another DLC question: What's some standout DLC you guys can think of that was worth playing?
Shadow Broker and maybe some Borderlands DLC. Some of the Bethesda DLC has been good, but the majority of it is mostly useful for mod compatibility. It is hard to make really good DLC, I think. It has to be for a game that is already good, or I don't want it at all. Then it has to actually add something useful. The Sleeping Dogs DLC is mostly horse armor, but even though I had just beaten the story mode when it went on sale, I ended up skipping the content DLC because I read that it doesn't actually happen in the story mode (might have just been one of them, don't remember). And there is stuff like Saints Row the Third DLC, which was just boring, and I loved that game.

What it really boils down to for me, is 95% of the time, I would be better off just moving on and playing a new game rather than picking up DLC.

But Don't Starve DOES have cardz.
But Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Not me. I'm holding out for a copy of Coconut Queen from Asheskitty.

(Edit: Don't gift me Coconut Queen. I already have Coconut Queen.)
Isn't Coconut Queen the best? Wish THAT got some DLC. Even horse armor!

So, another DLC question: What's some standout DLC you guys can think of that was worth playing?
Mass Effect 2's Broken Memories, because Kasumi is my favorite character from Mass Effect (and many other games she doesn't appear in)

[customspoiler='...maybe one day...']
2pyu97s.jpg
[/customspoiler]

You have no idea.

60s-spider-man.jpg
don trust him he liing cheetr datin slutee monkey

Huge thanks to Asheskitty. You know what you did! :)
I'm not saying my mind went there or anything, but...[customspoiler='I'm beginning to figure out how she has so many profile views']
sexy_kitten_stretch_by_ivory_phills-d5t39x9.jpg
[/customspoiler]

OK, who was the one who recommended Savant-Ascent on these boards?
:wave:

Liked your post simply for the Happy Gilmore reference.
As bad as he is now, he sure made some funny movies once upon a time. Can you believe that movie will be 18 years old in February?

Mass Effect 2's Broken Memories, because Kasumi is my favorite character from Mass Effect (and many other games she doesn't appear in)

[customspoiler='...maybe one day...']
2pyu97s.jpg
[/customspoiler]

don trust him he liing cheetr datin slutee monkey

I'm not saying my mind went there or anything, but...[customspoiler='I'm beginning to figure out how she has so many profile views']
sexy_kitten_stretch_by_ivory_phills-d5t39x9.jpg
[/customspoiler]

:wave:
Kasumi was awesome! Her mission was great and her power was cool and useful. If they keep doing Mass Effect games with no Shephard, they should do a Kasumi game.

Old World Blues and Shadow Broker might be my favorite DLCs.

I haven't played Minerva's Den or Missing Link, but both of those are well liked and standalone DLC like that tends to be more successful in execution than DLC that's integrated into the main game. It's an easier sell to me to just install the game and play through a self-contained storyline than tracking down a save file that will work to experience content thrown into the main game months after release.

As bad as he is now, he sure made some funny movies once upon a time. Can you believe that movie will be 18 years old in February?
Yeah old Adam Sandler is way better than current Adam Sandler. And yeah it's actually hard to believe!

Kasumi was awesome! Her mission was great and her power was cool and useful. If they keep doing Mass Effect games with no Shephard, they should do a Kasumi game.
I really liked Kasumi, as well as Zaeed. Both were really cool and unique personalities amongst the Normandy crew.

Shadow Broker was one of my favorite DLC ever!

Hi everyone,

It's probably too late, but I haven't had any luck in the trade thread today and I wanted to ask here before I give up. I've got an extra copy of Solar 2, as I bought it a few days ago just before it got added to the latest Humble Bundle. If anyone has an extra copy of Don't Starve they'd like to trade, I'd be most grateful.

May everyone's most-wanted game hit 75% (or glitch) by the end of the sale! :pray:

Hi everyone,

It's probably too late, but I haven't had any luck in the trade thread today and I wanted to ask here before I give up. I've got an extra copy of Solar 2, as I bought it a few days ago just before it got added to the latest Humble Bundle. If anyone has an extra copy of Don't Starve they'd like to trade, I'd be most grateful.
:rofl:

I am guessing it is a long shot and that nobody has any left but I missed out on the Don't Starve glitch this morning having to take my mom to the emergency room. If anyone has an extra that they would get rid of at cost please send me a pm.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite DLC...the first time I played Shivering Isles was pretty damn awesome, though. I played Dark Souls on Xbox, where Artorias of the Abyss was a DLC. I guess those would be my two favorite.

I would play da shit outta a Kasumi spin off.

How did we get from complaining that most DLC sucks (or at least is overrated/priced0 to trying to decide our favorite single DLC?

WIthout much thought, I'll say, Mechromancer DLC for BL2.  She just made the game awesome for me.  (And BL2 is my highest playtime game on steam... ~150hours)

/LIKE

^_^ You're welcome!

I'm amused how CAG's time is off so it looks like I pre-announced the vote results... I mean of course I didn't break NDA and announce the pre-determined vote-results early. ...please don't sue me.
quick what's the powerball winning numbers for this coming week

He's right. It's all for Contracts mode.

I was wiping my kid's ass instead of letting him sit in his own feces while I spammed for glitches :???:
why don't you hire cumsuckmyfaceoff

Did anyone post this yet?

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Don't click if you don't want to be disappointed.

Day 11

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Day 12

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off
d06.gif

I'll get a couple more spaces on my bingo card though, so it'll feel even worse when I eventually lose lol

Someone just begged me for Garry's Mod and Payday 2. Funny enough if they just asked for Garry's Mod nicely, I would have given them a copy.
funny how non cags think we're all rich bitches.

Showdown Effect
X*0V4-0QWY3-2*XRK

I think I have this many problems.
the infinity symbol isn't working on steam

hmmmm, missed this while at work.

Capture.png

thanks tebow for sending me a steam gift of this.

I missed out on the Don't Starve steam glitch, but it doesn't have cards anyway so who cares.
Don't Starve have cards and in fact it was the first few games with cards in the Beta stage. At that time, its cards garner the highest value (easily few dollars for each card) among the trading cards because it was the only game with trading cards that was not made by Valve and not many people owned it.

I like his old movies like Punch-Drunk Love and Click in particularly (which was really sad towards the end when he realised the importance of his family but time is not on his side anymore).

His recent movies are really bad, the last one I watched is That's My Boy. That movie is just so weird and not funny, it has incest and gerontophilia in it. :roll:

The irony here is that his nick is FinderKeeper. :lol:

I'm definitely not a fan of DLC either and don't like the whole Season Pass direction that the AAA market has taken.  I think it's just an excuse to no longer complete games, and then just get a cash grab later on.  Especially map pack games like Call of Duty.

Some games still do it right, like Terraria.  That game has practically doubled in size since release and every single update has been free.  I actually think it was reasonable to charge for some of the massive updates they had, and they never did.

Absolutely loved Don't Starve. Easily in my top 10 of the year.
Thank so much to indef for looking out for his fellow CAG and gifting me a copy of Don't Starve while I was at work. I secretly think he's trying to distract me from playing more pinball so he can beat my scores.

Random question:

Do you guys prefer to buy the base game super cheap, and then buy DLC on sale later, or wait even longer for a cheap copy of the GOTY edition?
GOTY or GTFO

This kitty looks like a bigger version of my new kitty.
How old is your new kitty? have 2 cats myself. Used to hate cats but now I love them.

I like his old movies like Punch-Drunk Love and Click in particularly (which was really sad towards the end when he realised the importance of his family but time is not on his side anymore).
Punch-Drunk Love isn't really an Adam Sandler film.

It's a Paul Thomas Anderson film.

That URL leads me to this message:

Sorry I could not find this key.

If you have already purchased the bundle, please enter your email below to have your key resent to you.
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=your_key

You take your CD key from steam and replace "your_key" with that key.

That will take you to a page for the DRM-free download of Don't Starve which you can claim for your Humble account.

My main issue with DLC is that I tend to really dig into the games I like at the time, but find it hard to return to them or play through them more than once.  In fact, I'm not sure there's too many games I've played more than once or gone back to (other than MP stuff like Killing Floor).  So for example, I LOVED Sleeping Dogs and Sniper Elite last year.   I've bought all the DLC for it (story based for SD) but I have yet to play it all.  I've played Kill Hitler on SE and Nightmare in North Point in SD.  If all the missions had been available during my first run through I would have played them at the time. 

cheaplikefox have u sold f12013 classic yet?
I'm in somewhat of an odd place for those. I have one last order pending with Classic. Problem is it has two classics and two regulars in it and I know if I only sell the classics, the regulars might not sell so I don't think I'll be pulling the trigger on that one unless someone wants to buy them all.

too bad for those poeple that didnt want my f1 2013 for higher price so givee upp brought it for friend yea for wasting my money away luckliey i get 220 bucks

How old is your new kitty? have 2 cats myself. Used to hate cats but now I love them.
She was born this Spring. (don't know when). I've had cats most of my life.

How much was the 2 pack when this price was up? It's my own fault for missing it... I was eating some killer boneless wings at the time.
You no share wings. I no share answer.

Editorial Note: I find this question to be face+keyboard stupid because the %-off is shown in quoted screencap.

I'm in somewhat of an odd place for those. I have one last order pending with Classic. Problem is it has two classics and two regulars in it and I know if I only sell the classics, the regulars might not sell so I don't think I'll be pulling the trigger on that one unless someone wants to buy them all.
oh i give up no one wants it too lazy heh no look at gamergate thread then they problem so i gve up and brought for friends for 10.40 each yea whatever i get blue coins he

My main issue with DLC is that I tend to really dig into the games I like at the time, but find it hard to return to them or play through them more than once. In fact, I'm not sure there's too many games I've played more than once or gone back to (other than MP stuff like Killing Floor). So for example, I LOVED Sleeping Dogs and Sniper Elite last year. I've bought all the DLC for it (story based for SD) but I have yet to play it all. I've played Kill Hitler on SE and Nightmare in North Point in SD. If all the missions had been available during my first run through I would have played them at the time.
This is an excellent point as well. It is really tough to come back to a game if you haven't played it for a few months and new DLC drops. This has become less of an issue for me now as I usually just wait for GOTY versions of games.

^_^ Didn't even catch that. I was too milk+nose at that offer. (I'm stilling on two now worthless copies of Overlord Complete in my steam inventory...)
What if someone were to offer you their soul for a $1.19 key. How valuable is that to you?

She was born this Spring. (don't know when). I've had cats most of my life.

You no share wings. I no share answer.

Editorial Note: I find this question to be face+keyboard stupid because the %-off is shown in quoted screencap.
How the hell did you know I typed that with my face? You NSA?

Note to the Editor: 2-Pack price discounts don't always coincide with singular discounts.

How the hell did you know I typed that with my face? You NSA?

Note to the Editor: 2-Pack price discounts don't always coincide with singular discounts.
I can neither confirm nor deny.

Note to our valued readers: The previous mocking was a clear indication that the 2-pack was also xx% off. Two packs were only purchasable by those unfortunate enough to have not experienced Don't Starve.

Ok .. so after playing UnEpic for a while to gather cards it made me wants to delve into another Metroidvania style game. Anyone have any recommendations of things that might be on sale that I might have overlooked, preferably with controller support. 

Cave Story was the only other one I could think of and I finished that one a while back. 

Ok .. so after playing UnEpic for a while to gather cards it made me wants to delve into another Metroidvania style game. Anyone have any recommendations of things that might be on sale that I might have overlooked, preferably with controller support.

Cave Story was the only other one I could think of and I finished that one a while back.
g_JDd_H7_W.jpg

Edit: Yeah Dust too...

Guacamelee
Dust: An Elysian Tail

My main issue with DLC is that I tend to really dig into the games I like at the time, but find it hard to return to them or play through them more than once. In fact, I'm not sure there's too many games I've played more than once or gone back to (other than MP stuff like Killing Floor). So for example, I LOVED Sleeping Dogs and Sniper Elite last year. I've bought all the DLC for it (story based for SD) but I have yet to play it all. I've played Kill Hitler on SE and Nightmare in North Point in SD. If all the missions had been available during my first run through I would have played them at the time.
Now you make me feel sad I skipped on the Sniper Elite Complete pack Gamersgate had for $12 a while back :(

See... this is what buying too many games gets you. I completely forgot about Guacamelee even though I bought it 2 days ago  :dunce:. Will definitely have to pick up Dust though. Hopefully it drops again sometime during the sale. 

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Note to our valued readers: The previous mocking was a clear indication that the 2-pack was also xx% off. Two packs were only purchasable by those unfortunate enough to have not experienced Don't Starve.
Now that we've established that I was too lazy to look at the base price of the 2-pack, and the game is not a part of my library, who wants to sell me a copy?

Edit: Thanks eldredpe for being an enabler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back