CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Punch-Drunk Love isn't really an Adam Sandler film.

It's a Paul Thomas Anderson film.
You are technically right, It is not a film produced by Happy Madison Productions.

How much was the 2 pack when this price was up? It's my own fault for missing it... I was eating some killer boneless wings at the time.
It should be $1.79 if my memory serves me correctly, but you can't buy the 2 pack if you already owned the game and I preordered Don't Starve back then. :wall:

Now that we've established that I was too lazy to look at the base price of the 2-pack, and the game is not a part of my library, who wants to sell me a copy?

Edit: Thanks eldredpe for being an enabler.
And now you want to lowball someone? Almost all copies in inventory had to be purchased in singles.

It should be $1.79 if my memory serves me correctly, but you can't buy the 2 pack if you already owned the game and I preordered Don't Starve back then. :wall:
It was. Someone who actually cared could go to the 10:01 AM page in this thread... Yeah, A friend gave me my copy from a pre-order 2-pack.

So late night give away..  realized I had some unused keys.  Missing letters are from Giant Bomb's Brad Shoemakers obsession.  Wanted to give a little back to the CAG.  Quote when claimed.

Burnout Paradise

KGJME-NWFI6-*G3V4

Dead Space

P6*XV-EV7F5-9786J

iSerra is an awesome CAG and gifted me a copy.  The jury is still out at this moment whether or not I have lost my soul.  I am a little more on edge than usual... but that could just be because I'm playing Slender: The Arrival.

iSerra is an awesome CAG and gifted me a copy. The jury is still out at this moment whether or not I have lost my soul. I am a little more on edge than usual... but that could just be because I'm playing Slender: The Arrival.
Given your pinball fx2 scores, I'd say it looks like you already sold your soul in exchange for a piece of prestige on dat leaderboard

Looks meh to me at best.
tumblr_ltc82wVuBt1r3k1m8o1_500.png
Wait, you hate every game ever released AND you're a brony? I don't know if I can read your posts anymore without bursting into laughter.

WIthout much thought, I'll say, Mechromancer DLC for BL2. She just made the game awesome for me. (And BL2 is my highest playtime game on steam... ~150hours)
Along the same line, two of my favorite DLC have been Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina Assault on Dragon's Keep.

Along the same line, two of my favorite DLC have been Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina Assault on Dragon's Keep.
I completely agree. The Knoxx DLC should be held up as an example of how content DLC should be. I got so much playtime out of it. I haven't gotten around to Dragon Keep yet.

I completely agree. The Knoxx DLC should be held up as an example of how content DLC should be. I got so much playtime out of it. I haven't gotten around to Dragon Keep yet.
except for the driving upon driving upon driving upon driving upon driving w/no quick travel

dat annoyed mai pants off

I never finished a single Borderlands 1 DLC, no reason why... I liked em. I finished the first 4 for B2 but didn't complete every side mission. Will  buy the headhunters for cheap.

I'm looking at the price history of TF2 crates, and some of these have sold for $5

Do people actually want crates that bad? 

EDIT:

$5 not $25.

If universe sandbox goes on sale is it worth $2?

Ever been bundled and how casual is it? Will it take a decade to understand how to play?

The irony here is that his nick is FinderKeeper. :lol:
The name is indeed ironic, but I chose it before I got involved in CAG. It doesn't ironically refer to my (lack of) deal-finding prowess, but to my (lack of) skills at goalkeeping in soccer. I chose that particular avatar pic from Portal because it shows how I usually save a shot on goal. Just so you know why I have the name I do. Probably more than you wanted to know. ;)

Back on topic, I'm still a relative newb, so I apologize for making a ridiculous trade offer. Lesson learned. I'll just have to wait until it reaches 75%, or gets bundled, whichever comes first. However, I still have an extra copy of Solar 2 (again, due to my newb error of buying the game just before it was put in a bundle). The first person to PM will get the Steam gift link.

Mouse and Keyboard should be mandatory on PCs. If you attempt to plug a controller in you get an electric shock!
44383898.jpg

The name is indeed ironic, but I chose it before I got involved in CAG. It doesn't ironically refer to my (lack of) deal-finding prowess, but to my (lack of) skills at goalkeeping in soccer. I chose that particular avatar pic from Portal because it shows how I usually save a shot on goal. Just so you know why I have the name I do. Probably more than you wanted to know. ;)

Back on topic, I'm still a relative newb, so I apologize for making a ridiculous trade offer. Lesson learned. I'll just have to wait until it reaches 75%, or gets bundled, whichever comes first. However, I still have an extra copy of Solar 2 (again, due to my newb error of buying the game just before it was put in a bundle). The first person to PM will get the Steam gift link.
Honestly that avatar just looks painful to me...

I'm looking at the price history of TF2 crates, and some of these have sold for $5

EDIT:

$5 not $25.
Salvaged crates are rare and worth more than $5 (more than $25 for series 30).

But if you're just seeing an occasional price blip for a crate that normally sells for 3 cents, it's just someone using a worthless crate to transfer wallet funds to another steam account.

Don't worry. We were all once newbs at one time or another. Not now though. Everyone in this thread is like a boss.

*glares at own CAG title*

EDIT:

$5 not $25.
Salvaged crates can easily sell for up to $70 on the very first day it dropped but chances of getting it is very rare, as for normal crates it can fetch from a few cents to a few dollars depending on how old/valuable the items inside the crates are.

I am a crate collector myself, have been collecting them since the first one that contains strange items.

4E7apxp.jpg

So I've figured out the secret to making Super Hexagon a LOT easier.. turn V-Sync off. I have no idea why it's enabled by default. V-Sync increases the input lag a lot for this game.

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

Sors immanis

Screen_shot_2013_12_28_at_1_30_13_AM.png

Edit: I'm surprised* that Tetrobot lost to Universe Sandbox (which had a daily?)

*I know, I know, I shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back