CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boo, no glitch on Far Cry 3
Boo indeed. I'll be flipping tables if it isn't on the EC list (or <=$7.50 for the deluxe edition) in January.

Whatever happened to Mind Link? We need more gifs in this thread, stat.

Sorry mods!

not really

kyaryyy.gif
Good riddance to bad gifs.

So i got some games from jakeynome, heres what i got on Day 10

State of Decay+ Breakdown dlc

Teslagrad

Resident Evil: Revelations

If you like Mortal Kombat 9 but want it with DC Characters then Injustice is your game.

Sadly when they decided to make Injustice Next Gen, they forgot what Next Gen meant and it still looks like ass (don't know how the PC version fairs but the PS4 version looks like ass).

I'm still not budging on State of Derpcay even at Russian Pricing.  Might grab Far Cry 3 since I have to spend this fake monies.  I think it's unlikely to be significantly cheaper on the EC where I still have computer hardware to buy (Amazon bucks).  Would have to be some amazing Ubisoft bundle.  So far I've spent… $5 and most of that has been defrayed by selling cards.

If you like Mortal Kombat 9 but want it with DC Characters then Injustice is your game.
It looks a lot like MK9 in the graphics and animation and the feel of the hits, but it's pretty substantially different mechanically. It's back-to-block and uses a two button light-heavy scheme with two additional buttons for a hero power and an environmental attack (as opposed to the two kick, two punch system of MK).

It feels like MK9, but plays pretty differently.

It looks a lot like MK9 in the graphics and animation and the feel of the hits, but it's pretty substantially different mechanically. It's back-to-block and uses a two button light-heavy scheme with two additional buttons for a hero power and an environmental attack (as opposed to the two kick, two punch system of MK).

It feels like MK9, but plays pretty differently.
I'm kinda surprised Eldrepe knew this.

One of the things that bugs me about Injustice, and also every Mortal Kombat, is half the characters still have this same stupid idle stance:

injustice_gods_among_us_green_lantern.jpg

"You better stand back or I'm going to punch myself in the head!"

Injustice has awful art deign, just look at zatanna

zatanna-injustice.png

y cant u make women character models netherrealm. y u do dis

also, dat batmang default suit- ewwwwwww, no thanks bruce!

OMG THESE FLASH DEALS ARE SO AWESOME

PLUS ALL FOUR OF THEM ARE TOTALLY ON MY BINGO CARD

if i stay positive maybe one of these things will come at least a quarter of the way true

One thing I also don't get about Injustice. Why the fuck is Scorpion from MK there?

It's a cameo, fan service. You're taking it too seriiously.

They did say prior to release that they would not be including Scorpion in the game, though.

A little annoying that they went back on that.
No, I'm with Fragalot on this one. It's not a crossover title like Mk vs. DC. It's a DC title with DC characters in DC settings--except for one character released as DLC from the MK universe. Why? Presumably to benefit the people who just can't play a NetherRealm game without one of these odd personages. The crossover in MK vs DC made sense insofar as the writers at least made a token effort to explain why these two fictional universes were merging with each other, but here it is wholly out-of-context, leaving one to conclude that it's just a cheap cash-grab.

Woo finally at my computer (returned from out of town) and caught up (mostly) on all these pages... looks like I didn't miss much, and I managed to get in on the Don't Starve glitch (which I promptly gifted to another CAG, haha).

Anyways, I may be the only one who cares, but Novelist is 50% off on the Humble store (DRM-Free and Steam key).  I've been wanting to play this and it hasn't been on sale for more than 25% off on Steam sale, so I think I'll bite.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

One of the things that bugs me about Injustice, and also every Mortal Kombat, is half the characters still have this same stupid idle stance:

Surely I'm not the only one who'd caption that as: Check out this codpiece.

"I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, and here is my spout"

real nerd talk time-  ok so everytime i start up Saints Row IV, it fukin crashes at the autosave symbol screen. I reinstalled the game and still nothing, furkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Surely I'm not the only one who'd caption that as: Check out this codpiece.
Probably not, but I doubt there'd be many straight males who would.
Well now I feel awkward...

real nerd talk time- ok so everytime i start up Saints Row IV, it fukin crashes at the autosave symbol screen. I reinstalled the game and still nothing, furkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Driver update? You kinda have to give more info that "it done crashed" if you expect help.

This sale would be a lot better if some other website made available a great publisher's entire catalog with Steam keys for 91% off and let the glitch stay active overnight prompting scores of pages of people posting their progress in getting their order through and getting at least one of the keys to redeem and setting up whom to buy the second copy of said catalog since the site getting hammered meant that every successful purchase inevitably had it added to the cart twice.  Good times.

This sale would be a lot better if some other website made available a great publisher's entire catalog with Steam keys for 91% off and let the glitch stay active overnight prompting scores of pages of people posting their progress in getting their order through and getting at least one of the keys to redeem and setting up whom to buy the second copy of said catalog since the site getting hammered meant that every successful purchase inevitably had it added to the cart twice. Good times.
Your paragraph sentence hurt my head. :)

Given the way I usually write sentences, I'm just amazed that I managed all of that without need of a single comma.

This sale would be a lot better if some other website made available a great publisher's entire catalog with Steam keys for 91% off and let the glitch stay active overnight prompting scores of pages of people posting their progress in getting their order through and getting at least one of the keys to redeem and setting up whom to buy the second copy of said catalog since the site getting hammered meant that every successful purchase inevitably had it added to the cart twice. Good times.
Nah... that'd never happen.

I just want MK9 for under 10 bucks

The game is like 3 years old ffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rehmdUP13kc
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was $6 during christmas at GMG.

On the topic of fighting games, I think that King of Fighters has the hottest female characters.

th_shermie.gif

Mai

mai-kof132.jpg

Blue Mary

bluemaryxi.jpg

Mature

King-Of-Fighters-NeoWave-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Mature.jpg

Whip

King-Of-Fighters-NeoWave-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Whip.jpg

Leona

King-Of-Fighters-NeoWave-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Leona-Heidern.jpg

Vanessa

17093.jpg

It's a cameo, fan service. You're taking it too seriiously.
Fan Service for whom...? The people buying the game because of the DC license or MK fans who may or may not even like Scorpion?

If they did all or at least the bulk of MK characters because the art files are shared (moves would have to be redone due to the change in combat system) it would be one thing... but truth be told. There are fairly major DC characters not in the game, who will likely never be in a game, because NetherRealm Studio decided to port Scorpion over instead of doing one of them.

I just think they efforts could have/should have been spent elsewhere.

Go home, you're drunk.

Titan Quest won the vote naturally. Man do these votes usually turn out like crap? 2/3 worth playing and the one turd in the group people vote for. Dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back