CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely does.  Not particularly interested just wondered if it was a glitch.  Cards seem to sell for like 25 cents each (three drops)  but that will obviously crash.

Definitely does. Not particularly interested just wondered if it was a glitch. Cards seem to sell for like 25 cents each (three drops) but that will obviously crash.
It will, but not as hard as when it gets bundled.

Hmm, for less than $1 then, at least, after cards.

Beatbuddy is pretty cool I think, having played about 2 hours of it. Definitely worth the current price for the music alone (which is excellent). The controls could use some work and I ran into a few glitches, but for the most part I enjoyed what I played.

On an unrelated note I caved on Long Live the Queen. It would seem I can't resist a cute anime girl :wall:

so are all the ppl who voted for LLTQ gonna pick it up now? i think i can wait till spring/summer when it hits 75% or bundle fodder, whichever comes first.

There's a demo. Tried it. Fairly meh. If you enjoy platformers/sonic games you might like it.
I agree with this.. up until you mentioned "sonic". wat.

I played it a bit on my Steam machine, didn't seem too interesting. Soundtrack was ok but nothing to write home about.

What about Dead or Alive?

[customspoiler='The series literally revolves around hot chicks.']
1920x1080-dead-or-alive-games-movies-music-anime-my-girls--wallpaper.jpg
[/customspoiler]
I have always prefer 2D over 3D fighting games, the sexiness in DoA just doesn't appeal to me that much. On top on that, I feel that the characters from King of Fighters are more stylish and have their own characteristic.

Alien Rage - Unlimited is going for $4 at GMG. Use code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49.

This sale would be a lot better if some other website made available a great publisher's entire catalog with Steam keys for 91% off and let the glitch stay active overnight prompting scores of pages of people posting their progress in getting their order through and getting at least one of the keys to redeem and setting up whom to buy the second copy of said catalog since the site getting hammered meant that every successful purchase inevitably had it added to the cart twice. Good times.
Your paragraph sentence hurt my head. :)
That looks like a Tebow type of run-on sentence - except for the fact that it actually has decent spelling, a lack of typos, capitalization and punctuation. ;)

EDIT:

so are all the ppl who voted for LLTQ gonna pick it up now? i think i can wait till spring/summer when it hits 75% or bundle fodder, whichever comes first.
I didn't vote for it.

But, to me - this game looks 75% off or better for backlogging purposes; or bundle material.

Don't you miss a card if you forget to vote once? (Assuming you haven't forgotten/missed out before.)
Nope. There's two extra votes on the last day (no third because there's no vote during last community sale).

And yes, I have managed to miss a vote before too.

Titan Quest won the vote naturally. Man do these votes usually turn out like crap? 2/3 worth playing and the one turd in the group people vote for. Dafuq?
While I agree that Titan Quest shouldn't have won the vote. If your calling it a turd, I wonder what is your impression on diablo 3?

Diablo 3 is a $200 million turd.
Geez, D3 is NOT that bad. It's just...not Diablo 2, basically.

I liked D3 - but it's solely lacking some of the stuff that made D2 great (i.e. killer loot-drops; level randomization; ability to control your actual stat numbers & what skills you upgrade; etc).

Of course, D3 on consoles surely does a better job w/ the loot-drops, from what I saw in action.

(My nephew has it for X360).

A lot of 20-20 hindsight here:

Should we have really thought any ARPG would ever top Diablo 2 + LOD?

Should we have known something was up, when most of the main Blizz-North guys bailed over to Runic Games to work on their own new ARPG's (Torchlight series)?

Should we have known something was up, when Activision had Blizz-South restart on D3?

EDIT:

While I agree that Titan Quest shouldn't have won the vote. If your calling it a turd, I wonder what is your impression on diablo 3?
Bah, Diablo 3 is NOT even worth comparing to TQ - for many of the complaints I stated above & before this EDIT about D3.

Comparing TQ to Diablo 2 is a better idea - since TQ took a lot from Diablo 1+2; especially Diablo 2.

Starpoint Gemini is currently 90% off @ $1.39 while Starpoint 2 is featured as a flash sale. It previously appeared in an Indie Royale bundle (Sigma Bundle) about a month ago. So anyone who bought that bundle already owns it. But the DLC is 80% off at $0.39. So that might be of interest to those bundle buyers.

Of course, D3 on consoles surely does a better job w/ the loot-drops, from what I saw in action.

Diablo III on PS3 is sublime compared to the PC version. Blizzard better port that expansion over to consoles as I just can't go back to PC unless they add in controller support.

Bah, Diablo 3 is NOT even worth comparing to TQ - for many of the complaints I stated above & before this EDIT about D3.

Comparing TQ to Diablo 2 is a better idea - since TQ took a lot from Diablo 1+2; especially Diablo 2.
It just hurt my old soul seeing someone define TQ as a turd. I know it has bugs but its still great specially during its time.

It just hurt my old soul seeing someone define TQ as a turd. I know it has bugs but its still great specially during its time.
Understandable.

But, I'd never compare TQ to D3.

TQ's much better than D3, IMHO.

While D2: Complete is probably the king of all ARPG's, TQ: Gold is definitely somewhere nearby it & right behind it.

For me, TQ was awesome because of the class system, but mostly because of the mythical setting. Path of Exile has an awesome class/skill system, but I find the setting dreadfully boring.

Understandable.

But, I'd never compare TQ to D3.

TQ's much better than D3, IMHO.

While D2: Complete is probably the king of all ARPG's, TQ: Gold is definitely somewhere nearby it & right behind it.
I agree with you on that. I just want to know his impression of D3 since for him, TQ is a turd.

I have always prefer 2D over 3D fighting games, the sexiness in DoA just doesn't appeal to me that much. On top on that, I feel that the characters from King of Fighters are more stylish and have their own characteristic.

sierra why u do this u bad bboy now i buy it before i want hehe i was gogin to wait for a few sale but now this make me buy it earlier wonder if it goes on flash deeall on steam possillby?

I play DoA for the story. No seriously, the DoA story is so goddamn cheesy it's hilarious.

Diablo III on PC is ass compared to consoles. The expansion should fix the game.

Bought Long Live The Queen.

Also anyone know of any good Skyrim Mods? I have a 78 hour save, don't wanna screw anything up but I am open to trying some mods that improve the game.

Diablo III on PS3 is sublime compared to the PC version. Blizzard better port that expansion over to consoles as I just can't go back to PC unless they add in controller support.
From everything I've read they don't have any plans to do so... And I can see why they won't. Its a huge fundamental change to the way the game plays. Its pretty much all or nothing.

I'm likely going to be alone in this... but I honestly don't consider D2 to be the best in the series.

The original is. And, no, I cannot really point out why I think that... The original just captured my attention more. *shrug*

Also anyone know of any good Skyrim Mods? I have a 78 hour save, don't wanna screw anything up but I am open to trying some mods that improve the game.
Don't worry about screwing things up. You will. It happens.

On the brighter side, the major problem with installing mods is conflicts with other mods, so if you aren't running any, you have relatively little to worry about.

Beyond that, it's a matter of what you're looking to improve. Graphics? Combat? Magic? NPCs? Uber Hardcore Survival Mode? Sexy Daedric Bikini Armor?

If I could only recommend one mod, that would be the Apocalypse Spell Package. Adds in a berjillion new spells which actually make it feasable to play a mage that solely focuses on one school. Can't imagine playing a magic user without it now. Unfortunately, the Nexus looks to be down right now, so I can't throw out a link. There is a Workshop version, but it's worth it to take the time and learn one of the mod managers, either NMM or Mod Organizer.

If I could only recommend one mod, that would be the Apocalypse Spell Package. Adds in a berjillion new spells which actually make it feasable to play a mage that solely focuses on one school. Can't imagine playing a magic user without it now. Unfortunately, the Nexus looks to be down right now, so I can't throw out a link. There is a Workshop version, but it's worth it to take the time and learn one of the mod managers, either NMM or Mod Organizer.
Nexus is still down, jeez. Oh well. Just looking for mainly general non graphical enhancements to the game. I play a rogue basically so I don't need much enhancements if any. I was just curious if there were any general agreement of x mod is good to install for general purpose.

Titan Quest! Not happy! I own it and the only way I own it is I got it in a bundle. Bah! Really was hoping for Skulls of the Shogun. Still gonna hold out on the price for Long Live the Queen. 

Titan Quest is a dungeon crawler? It looked like some generic Greco/Roman themed rpg to me. I had never heard of it before. I actually really like dungeon crawlers. By calling it a turd I meant it was a poor choice compared to the two other games available in the voting. I actually wanted those, versus TQ I don't know or care about.

I liked D3 and enjoyed my time with it. Was it worth the wait? Hell no. But that doesn't mean it was a bad game. Is it as good as either of the previous incarnations? Again, no way. I don't understand why people put so much hate on D3 when it was still a fun game. It has its issues, and clearly has been passed by in the time it took to put out but that doesn't make it a bad game in its own right. I look at D3 much the same as GT5 versus Forza in this respect: The original bad ass sim racer may not be king anymore but it's still a solid game in the genre. I'm still looking forward to the future D3 expansions in the hopes that they make some major improvements.

I also really enjoyed TL on 360 (went out of my way to 100% it I liked it so much). Heck, I found an armor set called Chrono Gear so I may be a little biased... I picked up TL II and couldn't get into it which is a shame since I bought 4 copies so my brother and a couple of my good friends could do 4 player coop together (which still hasn't happened sadly :().

Nexus is still down, jeez. Oh well. Just looking for mainly general non graphical enhancements to the game. I play a rogue basically so I don't need much enhancements if any. I was just curious if there were any general agreement of x mod is good to install for general purpose.
The only mod that most people agree on is SkyUI. Beyond that, it's all personal preference. It can be a bit overwhelming to jump right in. Currently, i'm trying out STEP, a collection of mostly graphical mods and gameplay tweaks with the aim of improving the vanilla experience without making you overpowered. Took me 2 full days to get it running. While I don't recommend that entire thing to someone just getting started, that site does do a good job of explaining how to use Mod Organizer and most importantly, how to set up a pristine install, which will be useful when you complete ruin your game and need to start over.

Regional pricing is killing steam deals for me these days. It's getting a lot harder to trade off my 4 packs bought with steam credit like I used to.

And it just sucks knowing that the credit I get has basically already lost value over paypal thanks to the Ukraine and Russian resellers who could get me it anywhere from 25-50% cheaper.

I used to love that workaround, but now that everyone knows about it, it's just hurting my viability as a trader.

Anyone feel the same?

sierra why u do this u bad bboy now i buy it before i want hehe i was gogin to wait for a few sale but now this make me buy it earlier wonder if it goes on flash deeall on steam possillby?
There is a chance it will appear as a flash deal but I doubt the discount will go further than 85%, $4 is about 80% off.

I heard the multiplayer is dead so get it only if you don't mind playing the single player campaign.

How long does it take averagely for Steam Support to get back with you? I know I'm in a queue but I think its been almost 4 days.

Its odd that I can sell but can't buy.

I prefer NMM. But if you dabble in mods, with Skyrim, you'll eventually mess your shit up. It's okay. It's fun.
I have 11 hours logged on Oblivion, and a good 90% of that is me messing with different mods. Once I picked a good mix, I'd moved onto a different game without really properly PLAYING Oblivion :)

Mods can be addictive.

How long does it take averagely for Steam Support to get back with you? I know I'm in a queue but I think its been almost 4 days.
4 days is the norm. It can take from 4 days to a week on average. Them resolving your issue can take up to a month or longer, depending on what the problem is..

The only mod that most people agree on is SkyUI. Beyond that, it's all personal preference. It can be a bit overwhelming to jump right in. Currently, i'm trying out STEP, a collection of mostly graphical mods and gameplay tweaks with the aim of improving the vanilla experience without making you overpowered. Took me 2 full days to get it running. While I don't recommend that entire thing to someone just getting started, that site does do a good job of explaining how to use Mod Organizer and most importantly, how to set up a pristine install, which will be useful when you complete ruin your game and need to start over.
Every mod user with over a handful of mods should be using BOSS.

Wait what? You want to play Diablo on a controller instead or mouse & keyboard? What is this blaspamy? I need holy water to banish this heathen!

On a unrelated note, did they take away the user option to ignore/block certain user post? I remember it being available in the past but can't find it now. Been thinking of blocking certain users because it hurts trying to understand their post (looking at you Tebow!)

To be honest I actually feel the same way, and find the rather well endowed DoA characters to be a bit much (although that's obviously what they are aiming for), but it sorta seems relevant in a hottest fighting game characters discusion considering that's about all it has going for it. If I was to pick a favorite character though I'd probably cheat and go with someone light Lightning (who cameo'd in Dissidia 012) [customspoiler="because I" ve always had a thing for pink hair'][IMG]http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1920x1080/final-fantasy-xiii/229084/final-fantasy-xiii-lightning-229084.jpg[/IMG][/customspoiler]

[QUOTE="MysterD, post: 11396831, time: 1388317307"]I didn't vote for it.
But, to me - this game looks 75% off or better for backlogging purposes; or bundle material.

[/QUOTE]As if you would actually play it :roll:

Geez, D3 is NOT that bad. It's just...not Diablo 2, basically.

I liked D3 - but it's solely lacking some of the stuff that made D2 great (i.e. killer loot-drops; level randomization; ability to control your actual stat numbers & what skills you upgrade; etc).

A lot of 20-20 hindsight here:
Should we have really thought any ARPG would ever top Diablo 2 + LOD?
Should we have known something was up, when most of the main Blizz-North guys bailed over to Runic Games to work on their own new ARPG's (Torchlight series)?
Should we have known something was up, when Activision had Blizz-South restart on D3?
So you say it's not that bad, but then give no points as to why it's good and a slew of reasons it's worse than a game released more than a decade before?

I don't see how you are making your case for D3, if anything you are actually condemning it more so.

Wait what? You want to play Diablo on a controller instead or mouse & keyboard? What is this blaspamy? I need holy water to banish this heathen!

On a unrelated note, did they take away the user option to ignore/block certain user post? I remember it being available in the past but can't find it now. Been thinking of blocking certain users because it hurts trying to understand their post (looking at you Tebow!)
User drop down>ignore settings>add *insert name* to my ignore list>profit?

There is a chance it will appear as a flash deal but I doubt the discount will go further than 85%, $4 is about 80% off.

I heard the multiplayer is dead so get it only if you don't mind playing the single player campaign.

it region free tho so maybe through krugozer or nome it be cheapper than 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back