CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm gonna get Stealth Bastard for 2.49 also, and the DLC for .74. From Amazon for credit.

Anyone want to talk me out of Stealth Bastard? It looks pretty cool.

Ah hell I can't pay 2.49 when it's 1.99 on Greenman, maybe I'll buy it from GMG and get the DLC on Amazon.
y u no buy it in Humble Android Bundle

...is precisely what elessar123 was saying all along when listing all of those loan words, yes. Not sure what your argument is here. And this is coming from a linguistic pedant.
The dispute was over me saying pink and ピンク were the the same word in two different writing systems, not two different words in two different languages. elessar123 countered that loanwords are different words because they are used as part of the adopting language.

What kind of cheap crap did you guys buy from Amazon to get editor's choice credits? I decided I better get some credits so I bought a .66 Borderlands skin and a .40 Saints Row 4 rifle. Thinking about grabbing that .39 Rochard DLC also. I think 2 or 3 should be good enough.
Darksiders 2 DLC was glitched at $0.20 a few days ago -- but some of those.

I've decided it'd be stupid to spend almost $3 to get a $5 credit I may never use... Stealth Bastard looks cool but I'm going to go with a .39 Rochard DLC instead. That'll bring me to 3 credits, hopefully I won't be wishing I had more.

Edit: Tebow always likes to be a braggart and remind me that he's the reason I caught the glitch at all.

So I'll brag for him:

Tebowdragon15 caught dis glitch for me

without him i would have been far cry deluxe-less

All hail the dragon

No wonder kelly kelly luvs him
what that mysterd is braggard actually i think it was ashkitty or someeone on amazon was chatting gbout it so they deserve the credit i only help send it to u i think ash mns or someon on amazon thread never me i didnt see it till then

We don't say "angst" is German, "cheetah" as Indian, "sofa" as Arabic, "silk" as Chinese, "zombie" as West African, "vanilla" as Spanish, "cartoon" as Italian, or "cookie" as Dutch.
The dispute was over me saying pink and ピンク were the the same word in two different writing systems, not two different words in two different languages. elessar123 countered that loanwords are different words because they are used as part of the adopting language.
Look again at what he actually said, though. He's noting that in the language that borrowed the words, those words cease to be consciously considered borrowed terms when they have been used a while and adapted for colloquial use. This is particularly true when the spelling is changed. Consider whether Japanese think of "pan" as a borrowed word; they no longer exclusively write it in katakana, and what they call "pan" is not the same food item as the Portuguese introduction. It has unique meaning.

But all of that is moot when you go back to your first post where you wrote:

It's not pink, it's ピンク。
...and started your own debate by claiming that the terms are inherently unique. ;)

For those that bought Indie Gala Limited Bundle, Teleglitch: Guns and Tunes DLC is now only $0.30 ($0.10 credit back + 20% off) at GMG. Voucher code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49.

So I decided to revisit The Dead Linger since I did pay like $10 for it.  Lowered the settings to lowest and view distance to short and it became slightly playable.  It's been like 3 months since I touched it and I will say it was a little improved, but still nothing I think should be released.  I know, it's "Early Access" and I knew this when I bought, but I have to think this is years from being something I'd recommend buying.

It's an ambitious game.  Huge procedurally generated open world.  Ability to grab and manipulate a ton of objects.  A ton of zombies.  

Every zombie is still exactly the same though and they they all walk using the same animation and come at you in the same linear way.  Combat is still bad and doesn't feel satisfying.  I got into some houses, found some weapons and items, and killed some zombies.  Had no fun at all though.

So I decided to revisit The Dead Linger since I did pay like $10 for it. Lowered the settings to lowest and view distance to short and it became slightly playable. It's been like 3 months since I touched it and I will say it was a little improved, but still nothing I think should be released. I know, it's "Early Access" and I knew this when I bought, but I have to think this is years from being something I'd recommend buying.

It's an ambitious game. Huge procedurally generated open world. Ability to grab and manipulate a ton of objects. A ton of zombies.

Every zombie is still exactly the same though and they they all walk using the same animation and come at you in the same linear way. Combat is still bad and doesn't feel satisfying. I got into some houses, found some weapons and items, and killed some zombies. Had no fun at all though.
I never wanna hear the words: early access zombie survival open world simulator again!

Look again at what he actually said, though. He's noting that in the language that borrowed the words, those words cease to be consciously considered borrowed terms when they have been used a while and adapted for colloquial use. This is particularly true when the spelling is changed. Consider whether Japanese think of "pan" as a borrowed word; they haven't even used katakana for it in generations, and what they call "pan" is not the same food item as Portuguese "pan." It has unique meaning.

But all of that is moot when you go back to your first post where you wrote:

...and started your own debate by claiming that the terms are inherently unique. ;)
Your first paragraph still has nothing to do with my initial tongue-in-cheek remark of it's not pink, it's pink, which you caught on to. ;)

You also selectively quoted leaving off a key portion of

I disagree. We don't say "angst" is German...
Clear disagreement to my assertion, "same word in two writing systems, not languages." We are not talking about words in general, we are talking about the word "pink" referring to the color.

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to find words that this doesn't hold true for (and modern Japanese is a rich source of re-purposed English words), but I'm not arguing the general case.

Quick Impression on http://store.steampowered.com/app/221340/  (Infected: The Twin Vaccine)

On the surface this is a point a click adventure with hidden object elements to it, but turns out it has a somewhat novel twist to the whole thing.  During the hidden object scenes not all the items are accessible initially, you have to find items and then use them within the scene to access other items.  You end up using all the items except one which is what you end up keeping in your inventory to help you solve a puzzle elsewhere.  A totally made up example would be a scene where you need to find a pin and feather.  You might see a feather, but it is inside a balloon so you would have to find the pin first, use it to pop the balloon, then you'd be able to access the feather.

It's pretty neat.  Obviously, the epidemic plot is what drew me too it, but this has the feel of becoming one of the better "casual" games I've played.  So far the puzzles have been good.  Mostly logical, so nothing too difficult, but I prefer it to those impossible to solve logically puzzles in some of the other point and clicks I've played.  

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

Can't trust spoder, edition.

Capture.png

Please I beg of you good people of the internet vote for Ys 1&2 Chronicles +.

Last edited:
You know, looking at the flash price for Fall of Cybertron reminds me of my old (one year ago) console days, when I'd happily buy it for $15.
Maybe, I'm not far enough removed but I would be happy to pay 15 dollars for it if I didn't own it already... (I got it when Gamefly had it a bit cheaper)

Its the best version of a great game. And its an IP I dearly love.

I did pick up WfC from the flash sale... Gamefly's version wasn't the steam version when it was on sale in December.

And it doesn't have co-op (the first game did), so it's an easy pass for me.
Nope, no Co-Op but truth be told the level design and in some ways the story are much better because of it.

Look the fact that  Penny Arcade has been bundled multiple times means that 4 will just end up in a dollar tier or another bonus down the line. They might just give it out free like 3. I doubt Ys will end up bundled or givien away.

Last edited:
I voted for Ys: I won't be buying Penny Arcade* or Wanderlust, and I figure a 1% chance that Origin will also go on sale is better than games I know I'll never buy (I do know that it wasn't on sale along with I & II during the flash.)

*Last time I bought one of their games they gave it away for free what seemed like a week later.

I think I'm gonna get Stealth Bastard for 2.49 also, and the DLC for .74. From Amazon for credit.

Anyone want to talk me out of Stealth Bastard? It looks pretty cool.

Ah hell I can't pay 2.49 when it's 1.99 on Greenman, maybe I'll buy it from GMG and get the DLC on Amazon.
Stealth Bastard is a great puzzle/platformer (platforming mainly just serves the puzzle solving). It's got style, it controls well, and the puzzles can be very clever.If you like the genre, then this should be on your list to play.

Look the fact that Penny Arcade has been bundled multiple times means that 4 will just end up in a dollar tier or another bonus down the line. They might just give it out free like 3. I doubt Ys will end up bundled or givien away.
It comes down to this:

I own all of the Ys games. I don't own Penny Arcade 4. I'll vote for the game I'll buy and don't own. It's not like the Penny Arcade games have been bundled many times anyway, they've been bundled twice, and 4 has been bundled once.

Humble Store carries Sang-Froid... So I'm worried about it being bundled.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut and Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, go or no go? :whistle2:k

DP is definitely going to drop more, the question is when.

Conventional knowledge would say to wait for SF to be bundled, but that was what everyone said all last year and it never happened and just recently hit 75% off. Again, to most that would just mean it is that much closer to being bundled, but there are some rare indies that never get the bundle treatment.

DP is definitely going to drop more, the question is when.

Conventional knowledge would say to wait for SF to be bundled, but that was what everyone said all last year and it never happened and just recently hit 75% off. Again, to most that would just mean it is that much closer to being bundled, but there are some rare indies that never get the bundle treatment.
Fox just wants you to buy it so it can get bundled. He did the same thing with Guacamelee ;)

It comes down to this:

I own all of the Ys games. I don't own Penny Arcade 4. I'll vote for the game I'll buy and don't own. It's not like the Penny Arcade games have been bundled many times anyway, they've been bundled twice, and 4 has been bundled once.
Yeah, that's pretty much what we all do: if there's a game that we want to buy, we'll vote for it.

It comes down to this:

And 3 given away free. Penny arcade themselves said you can pay nothing at all for the first tier of penny arcade Humble Bundle, Not penny the thing actually pay nothing. Obviously they don't care about making money off these games so it's only a matter of time before they just pass out free copies of 4 on the site like they did with the 3rd game.

And 3 given away free. Penny arcade themselves said you can pay nothing at all for the first tier of penny arcade Humble Bundle, Not penny the thing actually pay nothing. Obviously they don't care about making money off these games so it's only a matter of time before they just pass out free copies of 4 on the site like they did with the 3rd game.
Humble Bundles are never free.. I'm not sure what you meant by paying nothing. You have to pay $1 to get steam keys for the lower tier anyway.

They gave away the third game to get people interested in the series, and to buy 1, 2, and 4. Who knows if they'll do another giveaway, hard to predict. It's similar to what the Cognition dev did, bundled episodes 1 and 2 a million times to the point where they were worth barely anything, but you have to buy the rest.

Why do you care so much that people are voting for a game they're gonna buy? Could be worse.. some people vote randomly, or with no intention of buying the game they vote for.

Look the fact that Penny Arcade has been bundled multiple times means that 4 will just end up in a dollar tier or another bonus down the line. They might just give it out free like 3. I doubt Ys will end up bundled or givien away.
I already have Ys but its so great other people need to play it So I voted for it.

Wrack is a good idea but too short… dude was already talking about DLC/episodes and not even sure if he's doing them.
They're actively hiring people to work on the game .. it's in early access, so of course it's short! I was just getting my "bitch about the community vote" feet wet. About time I had a turn at it, damnit!

Humble Bundles are never free.. I'm not sure what you meant by paying nothing. You have to pay $1 to get steam keys for the lower tier anyway.

They gave away the third game to get people interested in the series, and to buy 1, 2, and 4. Who knows if they'll do another giveaway, hard to predict. It's similar to what the Cognition dev did, gave away episodes 1 and 2, but you have to buy the rest.

Why do you care so much that people are voting for a game they're gonna buy? Could be worse.. some people vote randomly, or with no intention of buying the game they vote for.
I care cause I wanna buy Ys and I'm flat broke except for what I've gotten from selling trading cards. I will have just enough to get it and have wanted the game since it got posted on steam. As far as the whole thing about it being free on the site they said "If what you Want to Pay isn’t anything, that’s utterly legit". http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/12/29 I figure they meant what they said. If so they really don't care about making money on the thing so it's only inevitable they just throw out 4 for free. Do what you want. I guess I'm coming off a bit strong and I'm sorry. I just see a logical conclusion based off of Penny Arcade's own words. Hopefully they throw Ys up on flash sale at that price later. I haven't seen it yet but it is possible I missed it but ya know a man's gotta sleep sometime no matter how inconvenient it is.

I care cause I wanna buy Ys and I'm flat broke except for what I've gotten from selling trading cards. I will have just enough to get it and have wanted the game since it got posted on steam. As far as the whole thing about it being free on the site they said "If what you Want to Pay isn’t anything, that’s utterly legit". http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/12/29 I figure they meant what they said. If so they really don't care about making money on the thing so it's only inevitable they just throw out 4 for free. Do what you want. I guess I'm coming off a bit strong and I'm sorry. I just see a logical conclusion based off of Penny Arcade's own words. Hopefully they throw Ys up on flash sale at that price later. I haven't seen it yet but it is possible I missed it but ya know a man's gotta sleep sometime no matter how inconvenient it is.
As I said in my first post.. Ys was a flash sale before. Maybe it'll repeat, but I've never seen the Ys games on sale more than once during seasonals. I don't think you have much to worry about though.. Ys will probably win this vote.

They're actively hiring people to work on the game .. it's in early access, so of course it's short! I was just getting my "bitch about the community vote" feet wet. About time I had a turn at it, damnit!
I'm using my first "bitch about the community vote" card now and the votes aren't even over. That's what happens when your broke and passionate about things.

I was gonna buy it at $3 too. snakey am sad, welp. wonder how much it is from jakeynome

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back