CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, I thought I remembered debating the DLC pack at 66% off, $11~.
Nod, I was thinking ~$12 (sticks because that's around my breaking point... and i got GRID 2 for free....)

...I'd be more tempted if I was confident they were done adding DLC..

Is Magic the Gathering 2014 worth the purchase for those who have 2013?
I have both and beat Magic 2013 + expansion and got through Magic 2014 base. There is some fun decks in there to explore with a good amount of new cards, the gameplay is extremely similar though I believe they got rid of 2 headed giant games and instead put drafting in (not implemented well....but eh). If you're a big fan of these games I say go for it. You will get a decent amount of hours out of it and get to play some fun decks. Story is relatively short though.

Public Service Announcement:

New Humble Bundle in around an hour and a half. Don't do anything stupid (like buy Spelunky) in the meantime. No guarantee it'll be an amazing bundle, but we ARE due a numbered bundle and they're usually The New Hotness.

Also, I want to play some more Risk of Rain. I'm sill not telling you why I love it though, I'm going to spin this along for as long as possible in the hope on picking up a second season. :whee:
How resource intensive is it? My phone isn't top of the line so it slows to a crawl on... well most games.
It isn't bad I think. Everything is pretty simplistic so I don't think there's a lot of resources needed. I was able to run it fairly well on my HTC one S

Got a #2 Foil for buying the Ys games. Just crafted that sucker into $1.30 worth of Steam Wallet money. Bringing my final total for the Ys games down to $11.17.

There's really no point to this post. Just wanted to brag about it. :p

Thanks to Branyon47 for [SIZE=10.5pt]Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery![/SIZE]
Another really good gem in the indie department, or for games in general really. At first I hated it. But I played more and became deeply invested. One of my favorite games of all time -- so much that I bought the game twice (mobile version and steam) along with the soundtrack, which is downright enrapturing.

Whats the best way to make sure only you awesome cagers get left over steam keys i have? Post the games and ask for pms for the codes?
Send them to me and I will put them to use...

is it real buggy on the PC?
Is there any version that's not a buggy mess?
[customspoiler="Deadly Premonition"]
ch-acc-20080831-1.jpeg
[/customspoiler]

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

No, I'm not going to pay $5/6 for Precipice of Darkness 4 in the Humble Weekly.
Well I hope your happy, guy who wanted us to vote for Ys, now I won't be buying anything toda-

Ooh, the other Ys games are on sale!

Are the Y's games good by today's standards, or is the draw mostly nostalgia?
I think the draw for most is how few JRPGs are on PC. FWIW I played about an hour or so of Ys I having never played it before, sometime earlier this year, and have really enjoyed it so far. I haven't found it terribly difficult but the music is great and the combat system (or lack there of) is a lot faster paced than most games of the genre. I like it a lot, and am definitely picking up at least one of the other games today.

Another really good gem in the indie department, or for games in general really. At first I hated it. But I played more and became deeply invested. One of my favorite games of all time, so much that I bought the game twice (mobile version and steam), along with the soundtrack, which is downright enrapturing.
Jim Guthrie is really fantastic, I hope you were around to get in on his Humble Weekly, I've been listening to it lately and a lot of his non-game stuff is just as good.

Got a #2 Foil for buying the Ys games. Just crafted that sucker into $1.30 worth of Steam Wallet money. Bringing my final total for the Ys games down to $11.17.

There's really no point to this post. Just wanted to brag about it. :p
I kidnapped a politician's son, and traded him for $50k in steam wallet, so I got it for free. ...but you don't see me bragging about that.

Yay! I got Ys ! & 2. Now I just wish I had more money to get the rest of the games.

Alright you guys cleaned me out.  Except for Little Inferno and [SIZE=10.5pt]McPixel PM09D-4GARR-QZ9MG which ill let the lurkers have that turd.[/SIZE]

Little inferno on the other hand was an awesome experience and i will leave that one open to PM.

Thanks again.

Everyone have a blessed and happy new year!

Edit: Annnd im spent.

Another really good gem in the indie department, or for games in general really. At first I hated it. But I played more and became deeply invested. One of my favorite games of all time -- so much that I bought the game twice (mobile version and steam) along with the soundtrack, which is downright enrapturing.
Yea i did the same. The soundtrack is great. My last name is Guthrie so naturally i had to support Jim's humble bundle a while back. Got all of this stuff on the cheap. Great atmospheric music.

Yea i did the same. The soundtrack is great. My last name is Guthrie so naturally i had to support Jim's humble bundle a while back. Got all of this stuff on the cheap. Great atmospheric music.
^_^ I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to buy games just because they have a main character with my name... only two games I'm aware of... seeing a trailer for one of those was just *sweet*.

That doesn't help since I don't use facebook.
Pick your Deal: $9.99 Xcom: Enemy Within Versus $9.99 Civilization V: Brave New World
To vote, just pick your favorite of the two deals below by clicking the button beneath the appropriate image. The side with the most votes wins and that product will go on sale starting Tuesday, 12/31 at 1:00PM PST.

Xcom is winning by quite a bit.

Just got a To the Moon Update...
free dlc nice :D/

It's a bonus Holiday Special mini-sode that's about 20 minutes long, intended for those who have finished To the Moon. c: It features Neil & Eva at their branch of Sigmund Corp, sometimes after the events in the main game.

Alright you guys cleaned me out. Except for Little Inferno and [SIZE=10.5pt]McPixel PM09D-4GARR-QZ9MG which ill let the lurkers have that turd.[/SIZE]

Little inferno on the other hand was an awesome experience and i will leave that one open to PM.

Thanks again.

Everyone have a blessed and happy new year!

Edit: Annnd im spent.
Thank you for McPixel <3

Just FYI today is last change to redeem Never Settle coupons.

No word on extending so that's unlikely.

Gold coupons (3 games) offer great value if you want either Saints Row IV or Thief 2014. Also some ebay sellers might be wanting to get rid of their codes. (Got my code earlier this month for $17).

Just remember to check ebay feedback.
Not such good value now: they've pulled Saints Row IV from the gold tier.

YESSSS!

Pick your Deal: $9.99 Xcom: Enemy Within Versus $9.99 Civilization V: Brave New World

To vote, just pick your favorite of the two deals below by clicking the button beneath the appropriate image. The side with the most votes wins and that product will go on sale starting Tuesday, 12/31 at 1:00PM PST.

Xcom is winning by quite a bit.
Thank you!

Another World 39%

Ducktales 37%

Wrack 24%
1130354257_1968236_131542024012211res_399_320_xlarge.jpeg

stupiddemotivator.jpg

this pretty much sums up most steam users.

Whats the best way to make sure only you awesome cagers get left over steam keys i have? Post the games and ask for pms for the codes?
send em pm to me

Alright well pm me if you want any of these for today and whatever is left over will be a big lurker key dump.

Dungeon Defenders
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Bastion
LIMBO
McPixel
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Mirror's Edge
Iron Grip: Warlord
Little Inferno
The Bard's Tale
Solar 2
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Garry's Mod

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead Desura Key

Happy New Year!

Edit: Almost done!
nice drop :)

a rare pic of your phone

gZU0SNj.jpg
wow, I'm old, I actually had one of those

parents had this in their car

OldCarPhone_t300.jpg

It's going to be the rest of the PinBall FX2 tables. =p
2011-04-29_095644_smiley_fingers_in_ears.gif

And Deadpool got replaced by Deadpoop (Call of Duty: Ghosts) :D
son of a bitch, voted for deadpool

Looks like the gif in my signature broke. Time to pick a new one. Decisions, decisions . . .

Edit: It fixed itself, but going to change it anyway.

I feel like I'm the only one unfamiliar with the Ys games here. :dunce: 

So would the order go Origin, I and II Chronicles, and then The Oath in Felghana? You know, if one were to perhaps start think about buying any of them. I like JRPGs for the most part and these games seem to be well liked by most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back