CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm the only one unfamiliar with the Ys games here. :dunce:

So would the order go Origin, I and II Chronicles, and then The Oath in Felghana? You know, if one were to perhaps start think about buying any of them. I like JRPGs for the most part and these games seem to be well liked by most.
I have the same question.

Finally got to buy something I actually wanted before the sale started, Mark of the Ninja DLC.

Also woke up to a Deadlight booster pack! Too bad Jake only has RU Castlevania :(

I feel like I'm the only one unfamiliar with the Ys games here. :dunce:

So would the order go Origin, I and II Chronicles, and then The Oath in Felghana? You know, if one were to perhaps start think about buying any of them. I like JRPGs for the most part and these games seem to be well liked by most.
I would actually recommend a newbie to play the games in this order: I, II, Felghana, Origin.

1 and 2 are basically a single game story told across two episodes. Felghana is a remake of 3. Origin explains the backstory behind Ys 1 + 2 and in my opinion it might make playing through 1+2 later a bit weird, especially when you reach a certain point in the game and the backstory for Ys 1's big bad is explained.

1+2 use the older bump attack while 3 and Origin use a more traditional Zelda-like style.

Looks like the gif in my signature broke. Time to pick a new one. Decisions, decisions . . .

Edit: It fixed itself, but going to change it anyway.
thought it was supposed to look like that

135223886246.gif

You'll pretty much never be buying another Ubisoft game again as they're committed to putting U-Play on all their new titles.
Rocksmith 2014 dropped uplay so there's hope.

I believe this is the first badge that you craft above level 5 and since the cards are going to expire, this makes the badge more unique to badge collectors. For every completed set of snow globe cards crafted, you will get a random game item. The rare items rewarded for popular games like TF2, Dota 2 may rise in value as they are only limited to the amount crafted during this period.

Your Steam levels do increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

• Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate
I find most of the emoticons useless but the ones for snow globe seem more functional than others so maybe that is another attractor.

CidQlme.jpg
It'd be cheaper/safer to sell/trade the cards for the emotes.

Might finally pick up Half Life 2 and the episodes to use in Garry's Mod.
ha, and I thought I was the only one that didn't already have them (well now I have 2 and EP1 thanks to the generosity of a CAG). Will be picking up EP2 for sure...no clue when I will play them though.

Dammit.  Damn...it.  I did not want Ys to win.  I didn't need to spent that much money today.

And as a bonus the Ys 5 fan translation finally finished a few weeks ago.  My whole month is booked!

Alright you guys cleaned me out. Except for Little Inferno and [SIZE=10.5pt]McPixel PM09D-4GARR-QZ9MG which ill let the lurkers have that turd.[/SIZE]

Little inferno on the other hand was an awesome experience and i will leave that one open to PM.

Thanks again.

Everyone have a blessed and happy new year!

Edit: Annnd im spent.
Thanks again for Broken Sword. :D

Despite how good the game is GabeN wouldn't let me activate multiple copies of HL2 on my account.
To get around this, you can also buy The Orange Box on consoles. That bastard will take my money!

Already have The Orange Box for Xbox from that $5 sale a few months ago, but there's too much missing stuff in Garry's Mod without getting the episodes. Ended up just getting Half-Life Complete from Jake. I've only bought from him twice, but I already love him.

Since I guess we are doing these now:

[customspoiler="Games I beat in 2013"]
  • Finding Teddy
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns
  • Draw a Stickman Epic
  • Bit.Trip Fate
  • Costume Quest
  • Savant Ascent
  • A Walk in the Dark
  • Anodyne
  • Bleed
  • Braid
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
  • Eversion
  • eXceed 2nd
  • eXceed 3rd
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia
  • Fortix
  • Gone Home
  • Guacamelee
  • Ittle Dew
  • Little Inferno
  • Lume
  • Lunnye Devitsy
  • Offspring Fling
  • Proteus
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Retro/Grade
  • Rocketbirds
  • Scarygirl
  • Sine Mora
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • The Bridge
  • The Swapper
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Tiny and Big: Granpa’s Leftovers
  • To The Moon
  • Waking Mars
  • Wallace and Gromit EP1: Fright of the Bumblebee
  • The Last of Us
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Dust: An Elysian Tale
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Journey
  • Rayman Origins
  • Arkham City
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Folklore
  • Ratchet and Clank: All4One
  • Kirby’s Epic Yarn
  • Jisei
  • Freedom Fall
  • Skyrim (Main Quest)
  • Rock of Ages
  • Cysis 2
  • Alan Wake
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • ilomilo
  • The Maw
  • 007: Blood Stone
  • Singularity
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Metro 2033
  • The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
  • Sound Shapes (Vita and PS3)
  • inFamous 2
  • Ico HD
  • Darksiders
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Closure
  • Machinarium
  • Datura
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Vanquish
  • The Cave
  • Sly Cooper HD
  • Megaman 10
  • Labyrinth Legends
  • Critter Crunch
  • LA Noire (started in 2012)
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Assassin’s Creed 2
  • Transformers War for Cybertron
  • Mass Effect 3 (started in 2012)
[/customspoiler]

Yeah, all I have for Gary's Mod is HL2, TF2, Portal and L4D2 and my kids are really getting into it.

EDIT: Is it legit to download the game files and add them to the Gary's Mod folder?

If I send a gift, is it normal for it to be sitting in my inventory or does that mean the person rejected it? I can't find a way to check the status of gifts sent.
Last I sent didn't leave my inventory until they accepted it. (and yeah it confused me too...I think it's for if ya made a mistake or changed your mind)

If I send a gift, is it normal for it to be sitting in my inventory or does that mean the person rejected it? I can't find a way to check the status of gifts sent.
Yeah, it will sit there until they do something with it. If you click on it, the little side window should state the status, although I don't think it says anything beyond "sent to."

edit: fellop'd

You can click on your inventory and there's a "More" dropdown on the top right of it, then click "View gift history" to see the status of all gifts sent.

It's for after you send it and then remember hey wait that guy is an asshole.

I'm just over 2 years into being a PC gamer and just passed 150 games owned... am I doing okay? I've only purchased one bundle or else I'm sure I'd be much higher!

This makes sense. Between the release of the All In Pack and F1 2013, I couldn't see them developing any more content for Grid 2.
^_^ nod. I was just trying to figure for sure... if it wasn't going to be complete, I'd easily hold out for a complete release. Now I'm contemplating it a bit... (I know I know, I should hold out for 75% off, and I have no shortage of racers atm... and I'm not even that deep into GRID 2 base... but...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back