CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't call your mother lame.
tumblr_lscwd6ey4a1qfso9oo1_500.gif

Have to agree to disagree with you on that. The big world is cute but I can't find anything to like in it or Terraria and have not tried any of the wannabes.
Yeah, obviously games are a matter of taste.

There's a lot there, but you do have to be willing to invest the time in games like Minecraft and Terraria. It's not an immediate reward kind of experience - more of a long haul.

The contest has ended and the following 14 people got the correct answer, please check your inbox. It will be a random draw to see who gets Risk of Rain, good luck.

1. Captain Urahara
  2. 2wicked
  3. pasports31
  4. Palinn
  5. gilby
  6. Detruire
  7. asheskitty
  8. Tsel
  9. Woodlands
  10. voken
  11. theemadgamer
  12. oman19
  13. xCappax
  14. tebowdragon15

Wow, so Rocksmith 2014 is truly Steamworks. I bought a boxed copy with the cable and Steam prompted me for my Activation code and not uPlay. It probably uses that in game uPlay but that isn't that bad, it's a hell of a lot better than just uPlay alone because then I can buy DLC on sale.

I am so happy about that.
It did use both but they patched Uplay out. Unfortunately the dlc only goes on sale once or twice a year.

Yeah, obviously games are a matter of taste.

There's a lot there, but you do have to be willing to invest the time in games like Minecraft and Terraria. It's not an immediate reward kind of experience - more of a long haul.
All I do in Terraria is die. I start the game, fumble around on the keyboard, everything gets dark and I die.

In case anyone is interested in the complete set of DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines, this is what you need to get.

25% off voucher code: GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

1. Aliens: Colonial Marines - Season Pass - $5.62 after 25% off
  2. Aliens: Colonial Marines - Collectors Edition Pack - $0.93 after 25% off
  3. Aliens: Colonial Marines - Limited Edition Pack - $0.89 after 25% off and $0.04 credit from previous purchases
  4. Aliens: Colonial Marines - Sawed-off Double Barrel Shotgun - Free after 25% off and $0.18 credit from previous purchases
  5. Aliens: Colonial Marines - Sharp Sticks - Free after 25% off and $0.18 credit from previous purchases

Total Cost = $7.44 and $0.10 credit left

The contest has ended and the following 14 people got the correct answer, please check your inbox. It will be a random draw to see who gets Risk of Rain, good luck.

1. Captain Urahara
  2. 2wicked
  3. pasports31
  4. Palinn
  5. gilby
  6. Detruire
  7. asheskitty
  8. Tsel
  9. Woodlands
  10. voken
  11. theemadgamer
  12. oman19
  13. xCappax
  14. tebowdragon15
trying to "sign in" now looks like it's going very slow

i think the site might be down or something

In case anyone is interested in the complete set of DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines, this is what you need to get.

25% off voucher code: GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

[...]

Total Cost = $7.44 and $0.10 credit left
I had to convince myself to spend $2 on the base game. I'll be damned if I'm buying $7.44 worth of DLC for it :speaktothehand:

I had to convince myself to spend $2 on the base game. I'll be damned if I'm buying $7.44 worth of DLC for it :speaktothehand:
Stasis Interrupted DLC (SP) might be the only DLC really interesting me.

Does anybody actually play the MP here on the PC?

And does anybody even have the MP DLC content on the PC?

All I do in Terraria is die. I start the game, fumble around on the keyboard, everything gets dark and I die.
Terraria would benefit greatly from a brief tutorial. I had to find some website to walk my through my first game day because, yeah, "wander around until the sun sets and zombies eat you" isn't a great game.

Which, now that I type it out, is actually the plot of every third indie game these days. Shit, I could just be playing Terraria!

trying to "sign in" now looks like it's going very slow

i think the site might be down or something
Keep trying. I had to attempt sign-in about six times before it worked but I think I was timing out because my Steam games were being synced with my Steamgifts account. I believe that means I have way too many games.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in this thread before, but all the MLB 2K games were removed from Steam.
I really enjoyed the pitching mechanics in the MLB 2K series. Waggle the right analog in the proper motion to make your pitches. Everything else in it kinda blows though. Fortunately, it has a career mode that allows you to be whatever position you like and skip the rest...makes for relatively quick games.

When I finally got around to picking up The Show for PS3, I was quite disappointed with the pitching.

When I finally got around to picking up The Show for PS3, I was quite disappointed with the pitching.
Off topic but I has to ask... Pitching mechanics might be a bit basic but The Show is by far the better game/series...

Also I never really liked the 2K pitching mechanic... Mostly because the year I got it had a bug where no matter how well you did the move your pitcher would panic when someone was on base. (This was on the 360 not the PC)

Off topic but I has to ask... Pitching mechanics might be a bit basic but The Show is by far the better game/series...

Also I never really liked the 2K pitching mechanic... Mostly because the year I got it had a bug where no matter how well you did the move your pitcher would panic when someone was on base. (This was on the 360 not the PC)
Yes, like I said, everything else about MLB2K sucks. I dumped about 50 hours exclusively as a Pitcher in MyCareer, and every game would have rage inducing moments where the AI screwed me over. That being said, I liked the pitching and skill progression enough to suck it up for 50 hours. As for the on-base "bug," when pitching out of the stretch the movement would be significantly faster...but I have seen that complaint many times as well, so maybe the PC version was better in that instance.

You know you're hungover when you read the first two games listing as Alien Tycoon.

Didn't check price trackers before posting I'm afraid, though I just now looked at reviews on the store page and...it's not pretty.

Coincidentally the original is also on sale at Gamersgate for $3.38, which is apparently far superior (aside from not being on Steam).
y u do this mns i was resisting buying airline tycoon 2 gold now u making me want to buy it lol u bad squirrrell tho it too cartoonish i take airport simulator 2014 instead cause it more realistic but now u make me one airlintycoon 2 gold for no reason neeed to wait for 75% off and get it from russian guy for 4.62 cheaper or it been cheaper 4.89 shit omg wtf with galapoints it could be cheaper ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back