CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it make me a bad CAG for not noticing this game* was yanked before being relisted?

..obviously new appID so you'll happily grab it in a bundle again :mrgreen:

*bundle fodder to me, haven't played it... two friends have 0.1 hours in it
Game description: "The story is situated on Mars. It starts where UFO: Aftermath left off and runs simultaneously with UFO: Aftershock..."

Man, I'm already bored.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech/gaming/fallout-3-for-pc-no-longer-requires-games-for-windows-live/article/365187

'Fallout 3' for PC no longer requires Games For Windows Live

Bethesda Studio latest update for 'Fallout 3' has removed the digital rights management (DRM) check-in that is required for Games For Windows Live (GFWL).

This means that gamers no longer will have to check-in to GFWL when playing Fallout 3, even though the service was not required. Changes in the update were posted on the Steam database while the details were noted by several gamers who posted the information on NeoGaf. Steven Bogos of The Escapist points out that with Fallout 3 abandoning the service, very few games remain that rely on GFWL. William Usher of Gaming Blend noted that the update won't make much of a difference since Bethesda Studios was never aggressive about the DRM's.

Usher does point out that there has been a much greater demand among gamers for Namco Bandai to abandon the service for Dark Souls. The game was released in 2012 and was one of the best selling titles during the Steam Winter Sale.

Games For Windows Live is a cloud based game service that has been plagued with problems and controversy. This has lead to alleged plans to shut it down in 2014 while many publishers are abandoning the service in favor of Steam.

Fallout 3 is an open world RPG that follows the journey of a young protagonist searching for his/her father in post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. The game was highly praised by critics and was awarded numerous "Game of the Year" awards.

^_^ Very amusing because Fallout 3 (base for sure) never required GFWL... I remember not being able to not sign into GFWL (real account or offline profile) and still play and save without issue. I suppose they just removed the GFWL fluff.
Yeah, the article said its sort of a light version of GfWL... but I know that big red banner in Enhanced Steam has scared me away more than once on recent sales. Also, I think its more solid proof that GfWL days are extremely numbered even though MS had deleted any and all announcements regarding it since their original announcement.

Does it make me a bad CAG for not noticing this game* was yanked before being relisted?

..obviously new appID so you'll happily grab it in a bundle again :mrgreen:

*bundle fodder to me, haven't played it... two friends have 0.1 hours in it
I guess not everyone knew that it was removed because it was an old game and not much people were talking about it. The game was still available at IndieGala Store when it was removed and the old version has already been bundled. Now that UFO: Afterlight is back, I hope that they will fix the bugs for UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Aftershock then release them on steam.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is now on sale at GameFly for $4.79. Orange Box is also going for $3.99. Use the coupon code GFDJAN20
Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!

Looks like the Uplay version...

danger-will-robinson3.jpeg

Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!

Looks like the Uplay version...
is there really a non-Uplay version? Buying this game on steam was absolutely the worst mistake... I'm not a guy that really gives to much of a shit about DRM but jesus UPlay is absolutely horrific.

Most regulars (myself included) want our games on Steam if at all possible... this is important when we have such rich game libraries as ours. See the recent posts in the Amazon thread.

<points at thread title> Steam or GTFO. Take it to the Uplay thread... that's right, we don't have one. ;)

Seriously though, while you may not mind there are plenty of others who would be upset at accidentally buying the non-steam version. That warning is for them.

Yes, we're all familiar that all recent Ubi games use Uplay...

is there really a non-Uplay version? Buying this game on steam was absolutely the worst mistake... I'm not a guy that really gives to much of a shit about DRM but jesus UPlay is absolutely horrific.

Steam version logs into uplay also...

Steam version logs into uplay also...
I know that... I'm sorry if I said otherwise lol I was curious if there was any version that didn't

Most regulars (myself included) want our games on Steam if at all possible... this is important when we have such rich game libraries as ours. See the recent posts in the Amazon thread.

<points at thread title> Steam or GTFO. Take it to the Uplay thread... that's right, we don't have one. ;)

Seriously though, while you may not mind there are plenty of others who would be upset at accidentally buying the non-steam version. That warning is for them.

Yes, we're all familiar that all recent Ubi games use Uplay...
Oh I'm the same way, my question as above was just out of curiousity since I thought in order to play FC:BD you needed to use UPlay no matter where you bought the game... I wasn't sure if there was any version that didn't require logging in to UPlay.

Trust me other than a couple of Telltale games I got on GMG, I refuse to buy anything that doesn't activate on steam.

Must resist.... (still haven't touched CIM 1 or 2)
Same here. I'm at the point now where I think I just want to get the DLC for CiM2 and skip CiM altogether.

So little time...

Looks like Wallace & Gromit got removed from the store, now the only way to get it is through the TellTale Collection. :nottalking:

**Looks fearfully into Library**

Ahhh... already have the collection.

Please keep us updated on how it goes. I am really curious about it. I have heard 2014 is a big step up from 2013.
Will do, as of right now going through the tutorials. One thing I wish they did was really hammered down correct hand placements for some things. Overall though, so far I am liking it, but I am limiting myself to a hour a day. Reason being is I find it easier in one hour chunks so I have just enough time to learn something new, but without killing myself learning stuff and turning this into a hobby and not a chore.

I know that... I'm sorry if I said otherwise lol I was curious if there was any version that didn't

Oh I'm the same way, my question as above was just out of curiousity since I thought in order to play FC:BD you needed to use UPlay no matter where you bought the game... I wasn't sure if there was any version that didn't require logging in to UPlay.

Trust me other than a couple of Telltale games I got on GMG, I refuse to buy anything that doesn't activate on steam.
*ALL* Ubisoft games released since AC2 *require* Uplay. The only workaround would be to find an, ahem, no-Uplay fan-patch on the darker side of the 'net.

Same here. I'm at the point now where I think I just want to get the DLC for CiM2 and skip CiM altogether.
So little time...
Yeah if it had CIM2 DLC (or better, both)...

Buyers of Dysfunctional Systems (Groups - Build a Doujin) can get a Steam Key now from their Desura account...

Instructions:[customspoiler=Instructions]
https://dischan.org/devblog/2013/09/dysfunctional-systems-learning-to-manage-chaos-steam-key-instructions/
groupees_instructions.png

[/customspoiler]

Apparently I already did this prior and have no recollection of it...
I totally forgot to do that when the keys were first available. Probably because I just didn't want to sign up on another website. Got over it and redeemed my Steam key. Thanks!

I totally forgot to do that when the keys were first available. Probably because I just didn't want to sign up on another website. Got over it and redeemed my Steam key. Thanks!
^_^ Nothing like seeing a greenlit game on sale to remind one to go fish out the key.

...sadly I really didn't think I redeemed it... and without checking my steam library... tried to link my desura account to dischan... and discovered username in use ...yep that was me.

y u post old info. I think that was posted a couple months ago.
See Above.

Just because this is pretty damned amusing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSm9qPBSJM
They way the youtube title is cut off I read that as the Prettiest Prettiest Prince(s)... and assumed it revolved around princes with a crossdressing hobby.

Proteus was in the BTA of Humble Bundle 8 - already had all but Proteus. And it was an Indie Game Stand title way back when - missed it. 

I am defiantly and proudly buying Proteus today and I won't succumb to bundle guilt!  :nottalking:

Proteus was in the BTA of Humble Bundle 8 - already had all but Proteus. And it was an Indie Game Stand title way back when - missed it.

I am defiantly and proudly buying Proteus today and I won't succumb to bundle guilt! :nottalking:
y u miss it when it was $1 on IGS

Since Steam is doing Daily Deals based on failed Community Votes, I'm throwing out a few that didn't win. I fully expect Steam to run them in the next few days so that I can buy them.

Tetrabot

Pool Nation

Contraption Maker

Wanderlust: Rebirth

Do the right thing, Gabe!
Crap, I must be too cold, I read the 3rd line as Contraception Maker and thought WTF? Seriously?

That statement could be the CAG motto.
Great! Who's gonna make the flag?

i guess you can play MMOs with a controller...if you are playing single player and don't plan on actually being any good.

Since most here aren't social gamers I guess it would be fine.
OUCH! Why you look at me like that?!? :whistle2:

does anyone know if the price of emotics ever go above say $0.50 or so? I have a rare one I crafted during the sale but holding onto it a bit longer to see if prices go up

I have the

:czombie:

it's trending around 30-40 right now
A few have sold for several dollars, the Weed one from Port Royale comes to mind. I think I also sold some poo for a couple of bucks. So a few odd ones have.

I should have sent everyone who asked for a CAG MMO (mostly for Defiance atm, but we can expand) invite one.

We also have a year-old CAG TSW group that you'll need to bug Idiotekque for an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cagmmo

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TSWoC

PM me once you accept my friend request.
Can I get an add as well, please? Thx! http://steamcommunity.com/id/themadgamer/

i guess you can play MMOs with a controller...if you are playing single player and don't plan on actually being any good.

Since most here aren't social gamers I guess it would be fine.
The only limitation is not being able to type as quickly, but most my friends that play MMOs use voice chat anyways so it's not a problem for me.

i was invited to tebow steam chat should I be honored or offended :whee:
scream.jpg

Spoderitis

Very painful
Got sumptin' that'll fix ya right up!

BBP.jpg

Got Off-Road Drive - thanks! :D
So did they!

winter-driving-tips2.jpg

I am in the Beta as well, and this is pretty much my impression of the current state of the game. My preference would be for them to consider going to a Guild Wars 1 style of public towns/gathering spaces, but instanced world. That way I can solo if I want, or just group with friends. Heck, they could have a pseudo-public instance as well, where anyone can jump into it, and that way people who prefer that playstyle can enjoy it too.

I'm also in the Elder Scrolls Beta. And I'm not excited.
Wow! Awesome, thanks for making me feel better for not getting in!! That and I don't have time, but still wanted it :joystick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back