CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to hear people's first impressions of The Banner Saga.

My interest, it is Piqued. Like this:

0.jpg

Man, both Banner Saga and Broken Age on the same day.  Never would have guessed when I backed them.

Going with Broken Age first.  I understand there be spoilers to avoid in them parts.  (Also, I backed them at a higher tier than I did Banner Saga,)

"Broken Age has stopped working."

Well, yay.

Edit: Happens immediately if I attempt to view the credits now.

Edit edit: Looks like third time's the charm, maybe?

Managed to scroll through the Broken Age credits long enough to spot my name and several other funny insertions (Someone in the N's crdited himself as Mr. Schaefer's Beard Delouser) but it ultimately crashed again.  I'm going to hope that it's only happening in the credits and that they didn't spend a lot of time playtesting that particular part of the game.  >.>

Edit: It's not limited to the credits.  >.<

Broken Age hasn't worked for me yet. I can get to the menu and options but it goes to a black screen then desktop when I start the story. Bah.

The soundtrack is in the folder. That's nice, and sounds great.

fuuuck this ds2 trailer has me hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lfNMyo8Lw

7aY7VH2.gif
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

edit: i have no doubt the gameplay itself will be awesome, i just hope the underlying mythology and lore of the world is closer to that of dark souls than demon's souls. i pored through the dark souls lore for hours on end...demon's souls, though, was so obscure that there's really not a whole lot there, or at least compared to dark souls. what is there i just didn't find as interesting as dark souls, for some reason.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

edit: i have no doubt the gameplay itself will be awesome, i just hope the underlying mythology and lore of the world is closer to that of dark souls than demon's souls. i pored through the dark souls lore for hours on end...demon's souls, though, was so obscure that there's really not a whole lot there, or at least compared to dark souls. what is there i just didn't find as interesting as dark souls, for some reason.
Dark Souls lore managed to be interesting without NPCs standing in front of you and delivering exposition through walls of text. So refreshing.

Anyone else like Blood Bowl? I played the board game eons ago, and kinda enjoyed the Legendary Edition that was bundled last month.

King's Bounty: Legions True Tactician Ultimate Pack | Steam Key: N6QK2-8I**D-LH0QY
Love Blood Bowl btw. If anyone is ever up for a game hit me up. Only ever played against the AI.

Dark Souls was one of my favorite games on the PS3. It's not for everybody but it just did so many things right for me. The lore was presented in such a way that it was present but also open to interpretation. The difficulty was present but more noticeable if you rushed instead of taking your time and playing smart. It just felt so right. I can't wait for DSII. I've got that CE pre-ordered.

Broken Age hasn't worked for me yet. I can get to the menu and options but it goes to a black screen then desktop when I start the story. Bah.

The soundtrack is in the folder. That's nice, and sounds great.
I got it to work by turning off the Steam overlay. They're aware of the issue.

Steam/Settings/In-Game/ Uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game"

Vaginus Impaler sounds more Dark Soul-ish.
washing pole is a real weapon from the game tho

Edit: Why is it so hard for people to understand in the trading forum that

H: A game

means i still have the game to sell while

H: a game gone

means it's already sold?

Everytime I post in there somebody messages me hours after I've already edited my post to reflect it's sold asking ARE YOU STILL SELLING THAT DO YOU STILL HAVE IT?

no. i don't.

washing pole is a real weapon from the game tho

Edit: Why is it so hard for people to understand in the trading forum that

H: A game

means i still have the game to sell while

H: a game gone

means it's already sold?

Everytime I post in there somebody messages me hours after I've already edited my post to reflect it's sold asking ARE YOU STILL SELLING THAT DO YOU STILL HAVE IT?

no. i don't.
Do you still have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back