CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marketing. I drink diet soda exclusively because it's what I grew up with so I prefer the taste.

I think I'd bet on the tacos. (Not all six of them, of course)
Yeah, if you're talking single tacos. But it even depends on what size the tacos are and what size the soda is. A large soda has 310 calories. A single crunchy taco from Taco Bell has 170.

Pretend I found a really good duh.gif and posted it on this line.
I drink diet soda (when I drink soda, which is almost never) because I have a family history of diabetes. I also take in other sugar free/sugar substitute foods because that was what I grew up with. I wouldn't say I'm on a diet though.

Yeah, if you're talking single tacos. But it even depends on what size the tacos are and what size the soda is. A large soda has 310 calories. A single crunchy taco from Taco Bell has 170.
Jack In The Box has monster tacos that are more than 300 calories. Probably the deep frying.

I had a long post typed out, but wasn't worth it. Getting a diet drink while binge eating is fuck ing stupid and if people think it's wrong or presumptuous to point it out then that type of thinking is why we have an obesity problem.

Ehhh no. If you're truly worried about gaining weight from drinking soda, or want to lose weight so you don't order soda, it's not "rational" to

1. Eat fast food at all
  2. If you're forced to eat fast food, order 2 bacon cheeseburgers and a bunch of tacos and apple pies
  3. Then try to justify it by saying you got a diet soda and that the food actually has nutritional value
It just doesn't make sense. You're either not committed to losing weight, extremely uneducated, or in denial if this is your approach. If they have to have fast food, there are plenty of options that can fill them up that can cut out calories...like a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, or like, don't get bacon on your cheeseburger. Or order one cheeseburger instead of two, or 3 tacos instead of 6. There's no need to eat 3,000 calories of food - 1,000 more than the recommended value per day - in a single meal. It takes 3,500 calories to burn/gain a pound. If they're trying to lose weight, they're doing a really crappy job by putting on nearly a pound in one meal.
i agree with all this but the 2k calories a day thing is kind of a misnomer, it varies a lot from person to person depending on your body type and lifestyle. if you're a 5'9 computer programmer you shouldn't be taking in the same amount of calories as a 6'3 longshoreman.

same goes for BMI. it's really flawed but sorta useful as a quick and dirty measurement.

I drink diet soda (when I drink soda, which is almost never) because I have a family history of diabetes. I also take in other sugar free/sugar substitute foods because that was what I grew up with. I wouldn't say I'm on a diet though.
Understandable.

But again, the person sunasun referred to said the soda was too fattening, not that they wanted to avoid sugar.

And again, eating all that other food is a risk factor for diabetes - that's a diet that can lead to obesity, which is a risk factor for diabetes.

i agree with all this but the 2k calories a day thing is kind of a misnomer, it varies a lot from person to person depending on your body type and lifestyle. if you're a 5'9 computer programmer you shouldn't be taking in the same amount of calories as a 6'3 longshoreman.
Yeah, I know. But it's what I tend to go on in hypothetical scenarios, because it's a rough, although misleading average - not an overarching guideline. Has its problems, but there's nothing else to refer to.

But nobody, unless you're an olympic athlete, should be taking in 3,000 calories in a single meal. And if you are an olympic athlete, you're not taking in those calories through Mickey D's.

They're not stupid for doing one thing right, they're stupid for doing one thing right and thinking it's going to matter in the grand scheme of things. That's my point. Changing the one choice while ignoring the others makes such an insubstantial contribution that it's worthless.
This internet argument would go a lot faster if you'd just admit that I'm right and you're a big stupid-head :nottalking:

There is an official fix according to this thread.
Waitaminute.

They fixed an old-ass game, BUT THEY STILL WON'T FIX KANE & LYNCH 1'S USB ISSUES?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!1111

(Edit again: Wait, is this the Hitman game that wasn't available on the store because of a rights issue with a song?)

Edit: Also, bleh at RE4 HD. Who gives a crap! Capcom, tell us if you're removing GFWL from RE5 and Operation Raccoon City, dammit!

Can we just drop this and admit that L. Ron Hubbard was right, that these health ailments are caused by engrams and we all need to get Clear?

Waitaminute.

They fixed an old-ass game, BUT THEY STILL WON'T FIX KANE & LYNCH 1'S USB ISSUES?

Edit: Also, bleh at RE4 HD. Who gives a crap! Capcom, tell us if you're removing GFWL from RE5 and Operation Raccoon City, dammit!
Lol, I think you're the only person on earth who goes:

" fuck resident evil, I want my Kane and Lynch, dammit!!!"

Waitaminute.

(Edit again: Wait, is this the Hitman game that wasn't available on the store because of a rights issue with a song?)

More likely C®apcom will release HD version with Steamworks instead. Essesintially paid upgrade.

Lol, I think you're the only person on earth who goes:

" fuck resident evil, I want my Kane and Lynch, dammit!!!"
Priorities, dude. :p

Kane & Lynch 1 was an okay game that never got any official fixes. The series is pretty much dead after 2 tanked, I'm just bothered by devs that don't go back and fix games when so many people have issues with them. Also... RE4 has been out for years on PC. There's an easily moddable version too, apparently.

2000 calories a day is more than most Americans need. I work out 4 days a week and I stay on the go the whole time I work and about 1700 calories a day maintains my weight.

If you guys really want to know how many calories you should eat a day go get a RMR test to find out what you personally burn a day. I got the test done and eat 1500 cal/day. My RMR is 1850 so I have -350 cal a day not including exercise. So far I have lost the weight of a 7th grader lol.

Which Cook, Serve, Delicious level are you people on?
Speaking of which, it sucks how many menu items are Fatty McFats. I try to cater my restaurant for the young and hip health-conscious types, not you fat fucks who order diet cokes.

Speaking of which, it sucks how many menu items are Fatty McFats. I try to cater my restaurant for the young and hip health-conscious types, not you fat fucks who order Diet cokes.
Until news breaks about how many calories are in the soy vinaigrette you coat your salads in. Think of the children.

Until news breaks about how many calories are in the soy vinaigrette you coat your salads in. Think of the children.
Well in my Cooks, Serves, Delicious restaurant we serve children. They're thought about a lot. Should they be deep fried or boiled?

I'll have you know my soy vinaigrette is locally grown, organic, non-GMO and gluten free. With that kind of pedigree, nobody cares to ask about the calories.

Anyone seen Portlandia? Yeah, kind of like that.

La-Mulana (90% off) at $1.49 is the daily deal.

La-Mulana 2 is also doing a kickstarter now.

Almost all the games from 1C Company have their price dropped today, about time to do that since those games have been bundled many times.

Saving calories on diet is more than about losing weight to me. You're basically putting poisen in your system for little to no gain.

Don't get me wrong, HFCS is bad. But artificial sweetener is garbage.

I guess Contracts isn't part of the HItman Franchise. All the other games are on sale.
The game was -just- released. Let them milk some cash, jeez. :p

Hm, maybe I'll get Absolution from a friendly Russian. Wonder if it's region locked.

Ha. I just got a sale notification from GameFly, Squeenix games are up to 75% off. Jeez.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :(

Thanks for doing the legwork. <3
No problem, I was looking for any excuse to stall in getting my day started. Life is hard!

Brazilian standard edition price translates to $3.81ish. Pro edition $4.23

It's $4.68 after coupon at Gamefly, I think the trade thread had it going for ~$5 as well.

Eating fast food with any intention to lose weight seems really uncommitted to me. I cut it out pretty much entirely (and continue to do so) about two years ago when I decided I didn't want to be a fatso for my whole life, and I've never felt better for it. I also discovered that eating the same amount of calories of whole foods almost always winds up being far far more filling and satisfying (look at a 400 calorie hamburger, then a 400 calorie chicken breast, it's kinda crazy).

All I'm saying is, from personal experience, you need to commit if you want to lose weight. Don't expect swapping one or two foods out for lower calorie versions to help if you're still eating a ton of crap, and if you just try to drastically cut calories while still eating lousy food you will feel terrible the whole time and wind up slacking off. 

Eat healthy food, learn to exercise, and adopt a decent mindset; being in shape is really a lot easier than people make it out to be.

Wise words Mr Squirrel. I'm trying to lose weight too... and fast food was definitely a huge problem. I'm eliminating it from my diet completely.

Eating fast food with any intention to lose weight seems really uncommitted to me. I cut it out pretty much entirely (and continue to do so) about two years ago when I decided I didn't want to be a fatso for my whole life, and I've never felt better for it. I also discovered that eating the same amount of calories of whole foods almost always winds up being far far more filling and satisfying (look at a 400 calorie hamburger, then a 400 calorie chicken breast, it's kinda crazy).

All I'm saying is, from personal experience, you need to commit if you want to lose weight. Don't expect swapping one or two foods out for lower calorie versions to help if you're still eating a ton of crap, and if you just try to drastically cut calories while still eating lousy food you will feel terrible the whole time and wind up slacking off.

Eat healthy food, learn to exercise, and adopt a decent mindset; being in shape is really a lot easier than people make it out to be.

I just read the feature list for that RE4 HD edition, I almost wanna get it. But I already lost interest and didn't finish 6, plus I bought Revelations and haven't played that. I'll try to wait for the summer sale or some other deal.

I just read the feature list for that RE4 HD edition, I almost wanna get it. But I already lost interest and didn't finish 6, plus I bought Revelations and haven't played that. I'll try to wait for the summer sale or some other deal.
re4 is worlds better than 6. might as well not even be in the same series. don't let that steaming pile of shit sour you on it.

All the talk in this thread is making me want to go play Fat Princess which has been sitting in my extremely paltry PS3 backlog for several months now.

I'll have you know my soy vinaigrette is locally grown, organic, non-GMO and gluten free. With that kind of pedigree, nobody cares to ask about the calories.

Anyone seen Portlandia? Yeah, kind of like that.
I'm pretty sure it's more like this:

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5haDL78AJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YouTube]

Understandable.

But again, the person sunasun referred to said the soda was too fattening, not that they wanted to avoid sugar.

And again, eating all that other food is a risk factor for diabetes - that's a diet that can lead to obesity, which is a risk factor for diabetes.

Yeah, I know. But it's what I tend to go on in hypothetical scenarios, because it's a rough, although misleading average - not an overarching guideline. Has its problems, but there's nothing else to refer to.

But nobody, unless you're an olympic athlete, should be taking in 3,000 calories in a single meal. And if you are an olympic athlete, you're not taking in those calories through Mickey D's.
and this on the assumption that this was the only meal she ate during the day. I have no idea if she had ordered the same thing for lunch since I was at work every day.

Which Cook, Serve, Delicious level are you people on?
the one where you order hamburger meat from walmart and get donkey meat mixed with fox meat instead.

http://www.naturalnews.com/043463_Wal-Mart_fox_meat_food_from_China.html

I did this too several years ago, I've eaten fast food maybe 5 times in the last 3 years and every time it's made me completely sick for a few days after. Once you start eating healthy, your body will start rejecting any of the unhealthy crap they serve in fast food joints.

must reads about American fast foods

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Food-Nation-Dark-All-American/dp/0547750331

515dC0ltMlL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Chew-On-This-Everything-About/dp/0618593942

51yd5Vgnq3L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Most of this discussion is fundamentally flawed... you're criticizing someone of drinking artificially sweetened water when they could be drinking sugar water like the Gods the Marketers intended.

I don't drink soda often but when I do, I choose diet soda (if not available, I'll usually pass). I'd rather apply those calories to a biscuit or a pint.

Haven't seen this mentioned - the third Hitman game, Contracts, is finally available on Steam. Amazing that it took them this long, considering the only issue was some licensed song they could have easily replaced. But still, that's one less incomplete series in all our libraries.
It got an HD-release last Jan (they sorted the licensing issues for re-release then). (No, I don't own a PS3/360 and I do own PC-Contracts from GF.)

Capcom have informed me that a Resident Evil 4 "Ultimate HD Edition" is coming to Steam (today I believe).

When it's up, the link should be http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700.

Release Date: 28 Februrary

Also, it has cards :)
I *just* joked about this in the GMG thread announce of HItman Contracts coming to steam...

Waitaminute.

I played K&L1 last year, in coop. I'd have to google to guess what USB issue you're complaining about.

The save system for coop, is a bit unpolished, so I was robbed of my completion achieve.

I don't know how you managed to go so long without playing RE4. I loved them all for different reasons. RE4 for gameplay/story, RE 5 and 6 for co-op, and RE:R for the story, setting, and mod system. RE4 is the most balanced out of those, I would give it a chance.

I'll probably end up buying RE4 again on Steam, even after owning it on Gamecube, Wii, and PS3..

To anybody visiting this thread from a break of >48hrs:

Thread title has been unofficially changed to  "STEAM MEALS THREAD v2000+"

Any talk of steamed games is fervently prohibited.  Half-Balked games are permitted.

You may continue.

re4 is worlds better than 6. might as well not even be in the same series. don't let that steaming pile of shit sour you on it.
I think 4 will be very difficult to play, with the old ass controls. I tried going back to 5 last year and could not deal with it. And it's going to have a hard time living up to the Wii edition which I feel was the definitive version of RE4. So I'm probably gonna wait for $5.

I don't know how you managed to go so long without playing RE4. I loved them all for different reasons. RE4 for gameplay/story, RE 5 and 6 for co-op, and RE:R for the story, setting, and mod system. RE4 is the most balanced out of those, I would give it a chance.

I'll probably end up buying RE4 again on Steam, even after owning it on Gamecube, Wii, and PS3..
I didn't, I played it on Gamecube and then on Wii and even beat it on Pro difficulty. Must have beat it at least 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back