CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy me GTA Trilogy and it's all yours =P
tumblr_mlzcodb4Kc1rsfjkyo1_500.gif
wont let pa use their money to do that sdly

I probably missed it in the discussion earlier but... why buy a new case first?
I thought the card would fit. That's why. But my math was off just by a little. But. I think I can actually make it fit. Might not be the best idea but would beat spending more money. Now if only I could find a way to cut down these fans.

Time for giveaways Part 1, Round 2! Please see my original post here.

To recap the rules:

1. You must have joined CAG prior to December 2013 (added this for clarity).

2. You must be known to me and a regular contributor to this thread.

(If you don't qualify for the above, I will be doing a giveaway later in the week that everybody is eligible for.)

3. One game per person.

4. Quote this post and PM me - games gifted first come, first served.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite - to Cheaplikeafox

La-Mulana (Steam gift) - to MysterD

Mirror’s Edge (Steam or Origin, your preference)

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare - to pasports

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
Two Worlds II if it's still available.

So, I know we have a PC Forum, but no one checks it so I think I'll ask you nerds here.

I bought a new case to move all my old components and I have a GTX 460 768MB. Unfortunately, since it has the power connectors at the top, the case won't close! I plan to run it as is for now, but am going to order a new one eventually since I want my case to close eventually.

I am on a strict budget ($100 or less) and these are the two cards I am considering:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121799

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127687

So from what I read the 7770 is probably a lot better? But the R7 240 isn't horrible?

I know my card is like 3+ years old so would even the R7 240 be a big improvement over it?

And do any of you guys have any other recommendations for something under $100? I obviously don't expect to play the latest and greatest. Only requirement is to either be low profile or have the power connectors on the side (not the top).
I was just going to respond with just:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131102289265?lpid=82

How much room do you have? Something like this help? (Though, I think I could make a better one myself.) You could also desolder the connector, straighten the pins (and cut them down even) and resolder so it comes off the card perpendicular.

Edit: And regarding the new card choices. I've found that unless you're talking about at least a differential of 25% FPS, the difference is minimal enough to pick based on something other than performance.
But this jerk posted. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have even that. The plastic part that protrudes from the 6 Pin connector is the part in the way.
Frell, what the hell did you buy, an old VCR case? Cut a damn hole in it.

Looks more like a water pitcher to me...

http://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Collection-European-Thermal-Stainless/dp/B004W4JI3A

I do like the wood handle though...

Ah, you sure you got that right... Every google link is that stupid pitcher or info on a old K7 motherboard chipset.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1588699&page=5

It's hard to find... and apparently no longer sold other than China and a few regions of the Antartic where they don't have blu ray yet.

My dear CAGs,

About a year ago I became an active member of this community. Initially I was just selling bundle leftovers in the trade thread, but the Steam thread soon sucked me in, with its cast of colorful characters. I started posting, slowly, tentatively, first in this thread, and then others as I succumbed to bundle madness and full-blown CAG addiction. My backlog increased by the hundreds. In recent months I have come to appreciate and truly value the unique community we have on this site, and I feel the time has come for me to give something back.

Rules: I will do two giveaways spread across multiple posts. The first giveaway is for Steam thread regulars only (and LN3000 if he happens to see this – why he never posts in this thread, I have no idea). You must be a regular contributor and known to me (although we don't have to have conversed, so don't worry about that) to receive one of these games. Quote this post and PM me with your choice of game. Only one game per person for now. I’m splitting this up into multiple posts done at different times so more people have a chance to get one.

Drakensang: The River of Time - to rcsample
Spectromancer+DLC - to Blade
Quantum Conundrum+DLC - to sch0oldaze
Pinball FX2 Star Wars Balance of the Force Pack (Steam gift) - to Carlmundo
Metro 2033, Risen, Sacred Citadel (single key) - to glennfrank
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box (Steam or Origin, your preference) - to InmateofArkham
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - to SolarUxie

I will give away a bunch of bundle fodder for the lurkers later. Okay, that’s it for now, send me your PMs!
sweet giveaway, was at work all day and didn't get on till just about 15 minutes ago.
but alas, as a true hoarder I already had them :whee:

To recap the rules:
(If you don't qualify for the above, I will be doing a giveaway later in the week that everybody is eligible for.)
3. One game per person.

The games:

F.E.A.R. 2
Two Worlds II + DLC
Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
another sweet giveaway

these just prove i have no self control and buy way too many games. :D

13th post in 5+ years... slow down, partner!
I think I had 13 posts in my first 5 minutes on CAG lol.

Unfortunately, I don't have even that. The plastic part that protrudes from the 6 Pin connector is the part in the way.
If you are not getting a different graphic card, the other option is to use a dremel cutting wheel to cut the casing then get something like this and make it into a case filter.

Edit: After looking at the design of your case, I think it will spoil the aesthetic look if you cut a hole at the top unless you replace the whole top panel with the mesh so the only option is to get a graphic card with a side pci-e power connector.

gLVpDlz.jpg

uEu10s6.jpg

If you are not getting a different graphic card, the other option is to use a dremel cutting wheel to cut the casing then get something like this and make it into a case filter.

Edit: After looking at the design of your case, I think it will spoil the aesthetic look if you cut a hole at the top unless you replace the whole top panel with the mesh so the only option is to get a graphic card with a side pci-e power connector.

gLVpDlz.jpg

uEu10s6.jpg
and people wonder why I have such a giant arse tower when they come over for the first time.

To recap the rules:

3. One game per person.

The games:

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
Err, not sure if I'm allowed to participate now or not (since you said you were going to PM me the list first, but I didn't receive anything, so i don't know if you meant exactly this list). However, I would like to have Two worlds II + dlc, if it's still available. Otherwise I'll have to buy the bundle on bundlestars and I own every other game in that bundle (so it would save some money :D). Thanks anyway!

It's hard to find... and apparently no longer sold other than China and a few regions of the Antartic where they don't have blu ray yet.
That is an interesting design... I'm guessing you needed it to look like a VCR to pass the living room wife test?

Edit: Just to make sure I'm clear... I'm not shitting on the choice. Its just an unusual one which leads to unusual issues... Like you've already learned.

Looks like a similar issue I had with my HTPC in a nMedia 6000B case with an ASUS 6850. I was going to cut the lid, but ended up downgrading the card since it's solely a HTPC (though may be used for Steam streaming shortly). I even bought a 90 degree PCI-E board adapter, but the internal configuration of the case just made it too cumbersome to mount correctly in either direction, though I didn't try the ribbon adapter. I still say fuck the card's plastic housing (assuming it's in the way) and remount the PCI-E power receptacle perpendicular.

To recap the rules:
3. One game per person.

The games:

F.E.A.R. 2
Two Worlds II + DLC
Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
I'd be interested in Crusader Kings 2 if it's still available please :)

Okay, I just got a Joe Danger 2 booster card pack on steam. Do I sell the pack, or open it and sell individual cards?
Compare the price of the booster pack on Steam Marketplace to a random pick of three individual Joe Danger 2 cards added together, if it's close, open em, if not (booster value a lot more than 3 individual cards) sell it.

In my opinion, of course....

Skimmed back a few pages to see if this was mentioned but I didn't see any posts, unless I overlooked.

Looks like we have another website getting into the bundle business. Don't know if this is big enough to make a separate thread for.

Ekctx6i.png

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Don't know what will be in the bundle. So yeah.

Skimmed back a few pages to see if this was mentioned but I didn't see any posts, unless I overlooked.

Looks like we have another website getting into the bundle business. Don't know if this is big enough to make a separate thread for.

Ekctx6i.png

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Don't know what will be in the bundle. So yeah.
It will be a two tier bundle with the first tier (4 games) costing $2 and the second costing $5 (6 games). Second week each tier will add one game and cost an additional $1. If you bought in the first week you will get your tier bonus at no additional cost.
Unless something weird happens only two games have been previously bundled and even those were well over a year ago.

I'm a very active bundle buyer (which is why I've picked up 1000+ games in less than 2 years on Steam) and I only own one game out of the entire bundle. And that one game hasn't been bundled.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/1wayg3/blink_bundle_1_with_12_steam_games_finally/cf0g52o

Could be goodish

I was looking for ways to make Steam start up faster, and this sped it up a little bit:

Control panel > Internet options > Connections > LAN Setting > Uncheck "Automatically detect settings".

Any other tips? There was a period of 2-3 days when Steam was starting up instantly but that was very short-lived. Normally it takes up to 30 seconds for me.

I was looking for ways to make Steam start up faster, and this sped it up a little bit:

Control panel > Internet options > Connections > LAN Setting > Uncheck "Automatically detect settings".

Any other tips? There was a period of 2-3 days when Steam was starting up instantly but that was very short-lived. Normally it takes up to 30 seconds for me.
Yeah, if you don't have many games it starts up much faster.

maybe reon should seduce steam hehh

Yeah, if you don't have many games it starts up much faster.
yup i think hte leess game u have the faster it goes

Well during that period of a few days, I had the same number of games as I do now, and it was opening up to my library as soon as I launched Steam. But normally it will sit on this small Steam logo forever before opening. I wonder what made it so instant before, that was really nice.

I just tried offline mode and it starts up really fast, guess the delay is due to Steam servers or something. But doing that tweak I mentioned really sped it up. I can live with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back