CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My GF and I each bought How to Survive during the Amazon EC sale to play co-op together.  Even though we live together we typically play games on our own computers.  

HtS has a couch (same computer) co-op option and recently added a online co-op option (no LAN as of yet).  A couple weeks back we decided to try it out.  

Unfortunately, online co-op doesn't seem to drop item rewards for each player.  In the very beginning we meet a guy that gives us a stick to use as "our" first weapon.  I'm the only one who received a stick, even though my GF is constantly getting tips to swing her non-existent stick at the zombie hordes.  We ran around for 40 or so minutes (after restarting to see if it was just a glitch), hoping that we'd find another weapon for her.  We didn't .... it was no fun with me being the only one who could do anything.

We looked it up online & saw mention of this with other reward items later on & gave up on it for now.

In short:  Game seems fun for single-player, but apparently online co-op hasn't had the bugs worked out yet.  Not sure if couch co-op is in the same boat as online co-op.

So I'm not sure why I did, but broke down and installed ESO beta. I have a massive backlog of games I really want to play, yet I DL an MMO that can consume all my time...

Is there a group or something for this?

In the very beginning we meet a guy that gives us a stick to use as "our" first weapon. I'm the only one who received a stick, even though my GF is constantly getting tips to swing her non-existent stick at the zombie hordes...
Well that wasn't very chivalrous of you was it? =P

I was considering buying two copies to play with the missus, but I guess I'll hold off for now.

Well that wasn't very chivalrous of you was it? =P

I was considering buying two copies to play with the missus, but I guess I'll hold off for now.
Wasn't even an option. Both times, for whatever reason, I got the reward & she didn't. The second time she instigated the conversation & I still got it. No idea why.

We're probably going to go back at some point and try couch co-op, but jumped into warframe instead.

Greetings, Bob101910!

With our next patch currently scheduled to release on February 11th, HAWKEN will begin a transition to Steam as a platform for distribution and content sales. It's important to note that a Steam account will be required to continue playing HAWKEN!

Since you are an existing pilot, you can start playing early by redeeming your Steam Key below. This code will give you immediate access to the Steam version of the game. If you have HAWKEN currently installed on your computer, we recommend uninstalling it first before installing the new version provided by the Steam client.

I don't remember signing up or playing anything named HAWKEN. Is this supposed to be any good?

The CAG steam group is pretty sad in general so I'm not surprised. If you really want to chatroom tebow chats are always happy and wierd craziness and lots of erotic stuff lots of sexual and mature rated fun!! Too much for my heart
FTFY yes u know it mns why u tell everyone now everyone is asking meh he hhe

I'm sorry it's just that without this I have nothing. No one loves me. I have no friends. All I have in life is the shallow thrill that comes with viciously ripping a steam code out of some other poor saps hands. I really wish it could have worked out. Now I don't know how much longer I can hold onto the will to go on. but go ahead you must be more deserving than me. Anyone would be really. I'll just slink off into some corner again and cry myself to sleep. Hopefully when I wake up I won't have choked to death on the tears. But even that wouldn't be so bad really. At least it would bring my sad pathetic existence to an end. I hope you can enjoy the game when you receive it and at least think of me fondly now and then. However I think that may be hoping for too much. I'm not very memorable.
The Sifu, asheskitty and MinDRioT like this

You people are cruel you know that.

Last edited:
I thought that was a cry for help. I was reaching out with my like.

(Ashes probably liked it for the schadenfreude, though.)
I assumed you liked how much of a miserable bastard I am. It's like saying good you deserve to be depressed. For that I thank you.

Currently sat watching Pacific Rim.

Big robot stuff blowing stuff up is relevant to my interests.
I thought Pacific Rim was decent.

It was certainly better than those crappy Transformers movies, IMHO.

I watched Runner Runner last night - eh, it was okay. Too predictable; too many cliches + tropes; and too underdeveloped in both the characters and story, IMHO. At 1 hr 25 mins, film's too short for its own good.

I thought Pacific Rim was decent.
It was certainly better than those crappy Transformers movies, IMHO.
I'm nearly finished and it's been exactly what I wanted: big over the top crazy huge robot vs monster fun. Very enjoyable.

You're bang on about the new Transformers flicks, too. Any Transformers movie that doesn't contain Stan Bush isn't a movie I wish to partake in.

Now, somebody recommend me a game where I can run around as a giant mech blowing stuff up.

:whee:

Any Transformers movie that contains poor story-telling, writing, and dialogue; long-winded dramatic scenes that aren't dramatic; long-winded comedy sequences that aren't funny; Megan Fox trying to actually act; models that can't act; Michael Bay being involved; and doesn't contain Stan Bush isn't a movie I wish to partake in.
FTFY. ;)

EDIT:

Now, somebody recommend me a game where I can run around as a giant mech blowing stuff up.

I never tried running MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries on modern-rigs - but even though I wasn't great at it, back in the day, I loved the hell out of game. :D

I wonder if there's any awesome mods, source ports, modern high-res mods, or anything out there to get that game up to snuff for actually running on modern PC's.

Hey Ashes - 

You linked low-profile PS3 controller wrapper/driver at some point in the past.  I remember you saying it was better than other options.  I know I kept a link somewhere, but can't find it.  Any chance you can tell me what the name/link was again?

My Xbox Controller is being a dick and I probably won't be able to get a replacement until sometime next week.

Hey Ashes -
You linked low-profile PS3 controller wrapper/driver at some point in the past. I remember you saying it was better than other options. I know I kept a link somewhere, but can't find it. Any chance you can tell me what the name/link was again?

My Xbox Controller is being a dick and I probably won't be able to get a replacement until sometime next week.
I use this one, and I have had no issues whatsoever.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It's my game. I'm now a game developer. You will soon be able to buy into the early access of it on Steam for $100 $99.99. Don't want the riff-raff garbaging up the forum during the important Alpha testing. Not just anyone can simulate playing a simulator of all other simulators in an extreme way.
But the question is, will I be able to simulate driving an hour to cut down just one tree, then jump from rooftop to flooftop while finding company among the brawny native gents with their succulent fruits?

Also, you should call it Motoki Simulator.

Just got this in my email.

2ed1f92.jpg

Apparently not only is Age of Barbarian now on Desura but there's also Age of Barbarian Arena too in case you wanted to kick your friends' asses while wearing a thong.

vxlmxh.jpg

I hope this means it will be showing up in an Indie Bundle soon. Definitely near the top of my want in a bundle but don't want to spend $10 on it list.

I'd vote for it in a hot minute if it ever gets added to Greenlight. The thing with Greenlight is no matter how trashy a game is it's guaranteed there are a hundred trashier ones a large portion of which will get in at some point.

Been playing BL2 free weekend. Can't see much difference with BL1, but that's not a bad thing. Ended playing 2 hours straight on single player, having some fun, so I think I'll buy the GOTY when it goes at -75%

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars? Too bad the game series never make it to PC and only exclusive to consoles, it has almost every japanese animated robots in the game.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Fr874QKSsCE[/youtube]

As was already recommended, Hawken is probably your best bet for a modern mech game. Square's crowdfunding platform also has one up which looks promising, but that's quite a ways off at this point. Something to watch anyway.

My favorite is still MechWarrior 3. I could never get very far in it, but always had great fun overloading my lasers at the helpless civilians (wait, was I not supposed to shoot them?).

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars?
Yes, I have a few of the games.

It's the kind of thing that's near-impossible to bring to the US since the rights to all of the series (even those all under a single Japanese company) are owned by entirely different companies that licensed them for US localization and distribution. (I'm still amazed we ever got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, honestly.)

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars? Too bad the game series never make it to PC and only exclusive to consoles, it has almost every japanese animated robots in the game.
I used to play Super Robot Wars in PS1! I remember, its in jap language, I didn't understand anything about the story and its just a hit and miss on what a certain button will do. :wall: But I definitely enjoy that game and we only rely on magazine for guides as internet is still not mainstream that time.

Aerena code

AE3VJ-W9NY6-GWH0B0

I-L 2

265G4-NV5AG-DD6JP

About the 8th code giveaway of mine thus far :( still everybody rejecting my entry when I enter their giveaway! Maybe one day. MAYBE!

Aerena code

AE3VJ-W9NY6-GWH0B0

I-L 2

265G4-NV5AG-DD6JP

About the 8th code giveaway of mine thus far :( still everybody rejecting my entry when I enter their giveaway! Maybe one day. MAYBE!
Just to save people some time, looks like both were grabbed by someone. Thanks for posting them though!

Hey Ashes -

You linked low-profile PS3 controller wrapper/driver at some point in the past. I remember you saying it was better than other options. I know I kept a link somewhere, but can't find it. Any chance you can tell me what the name/link was again?

It was BetterDS3 which requires the driver from MiJ.

After 18 months in ye-old-backlog... I finally dusted off and beat Hydrophobia: Prophecy.  6GB of disk space have been reclaimed.

I beat it in four steam hours (probably 3-4 hours, discounting alt-tab/afk).  Um uh... well... They did a really nice job with the water effect (and at low computational cost.  As for the game... well the first 3/4 are a meh shooter with light puzzles.  The last quarter, gets more interesting since you finally get your damn water powers... which just felt underwhelming.  They have a semi-novel story idea but they just don't tell it well.

Well, I can finally say I've played it.  I don't wholly want my 3-4 hours back.. but they sure could have been spent playing a better game.

After 18 months in ye-old-backlog... I finally dusted off and beat Hydrophobia: Prophecy. 6GB of disk space have been reclaimed.

I beat it in four steam hours (probably 3-4 hours, discounting alt-tab/afk). Um uh... well... They did a really nice job with the water effect (and at low computational cost. As for the game... well the first 3/4 are a meh shooter with light puzzles. The last quarter, gets more interesting since you finally get your damn water powers... which just felt underwhelming. They have a semi-novel story idea but they just don't tell it well.

Well, I can finally say I've played it. I don't wholly want my 3-4 hours back.. but they sure could have been spent playing a better game.
And that's another game that will never get finished. Hydrophobia Prophecy was meant to be three episodes. Well since the game tanked, the studio closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back