CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get chosen for the Start Wars: Attack Squadrons closed beta?  Or I guess more importantly was anyone else excited about the game?

I've been in the closed beta for less than 5 minutes now and I feel my excitement already waning...  I didn't realize it was to be a browser game.  The whole thing runs inside a browser. 

To quote Obi-Wan...  "This isn't the spiritual sequel to X-Wng that you are looking for."

IP laws/culture are very different elsewhere. US has some really batshit insane copyright laws (totally in violation of the original intention of copyright) thanks Disney!
Sure, but that's beyond the point. We're not talking about something that's 75 years old here. The time frame involved fits with sane definitions of copyright. The devs seem to basically have the opinion that they should be allowed to use someone's IP just because they want to.

It's not like they couldn't have done this game legitimately. Making a game that apes an existing game is fine. Making a game that apes and existing game while using a number of assets from the existing game is not.

Super League Football pinball tables out today. I guess they all play the same but with different licensed teams/players? I wonder if they share the same leaderboard.

Jeez, having a real problem with card drops all last night and continuing today. I can go over an hour with no drops.
Started idling the HB games last night. The Swapper dropped the first 2 cards fairly quickly but took forever to drop the third card. Been trying to idle Monaco and Antichamber and neither are dropping cards :/

Sure, but that's beyond the point. We're not talking about something that's 75 years old here. The time frame involved fits with sane definitions of copyright. The devs seem to basically have the opinion that they should be allowed to use someone's IP just because they want to.

It's not like they couldn't have done this game legitimately. Making a game that apes an existing game is fine. Making a game that apes and existing game while using a number of assets from the existing game is not.
Actually it would have been okay to do 20 years ago. Local laws vary considerably, and have limited (if any) protections for foreign IP. WTO agreements are often the first implementation of foreign IP/brand protection in much of the world. As of 10 years ago music licensing/royaties worked considerably different in the Russian Federation than you might think (I haven't followed any changes since.)

Also original US copyright was 14 years.

Not just you. I've ran/stopped/restarted games after an hour today & still no drops. No idea what's going on.
I finally just got one. I managed to get all 5 Guacamelee drops over the course of several hours yesterday and wouldn't you know it there were 3 dupes of the same card! I don't think I've had a game with no dupes since a few months ago, seems clear they increased the dupe rate. To motivate more market transactions I'd assume.

From reading that thread I got a real sense that the devs do not in any way shape or form understand the concept of intellectual property rights.
Well they are Russian so that's probably an alien concept to them. They genuinely seem to not get what's wrong with it so I think there's a bit of cultural differences going on there.

I will say they did make an attempt to yank out the ripped audio files and even had a fan help them create new ones. They sort of were trying in their own way but I guess the game was just too similar still for Blizzard.

Maybe they should take the Snuggle Truck route and change it to teddy bear races. :p

Also IP rights violation or not if Valve indeed to take all that money and neither gave any to the developers nor refunded customers that seems rather shady to me. I'm sure they have some CYA clause built in somewhere that if you violate their terms you don't get any money and they can keep it all or some such, but still.

I had Wizorb idling five hours and only got 2 cards out of 3. Finally I gave up since I don't want people thinking I'm some Wizorb fanatic. Wizorb!!!

Galactic Princess got Greenlit. I was more excited about it before I saw their Kickstarter video, cause I thought it'd be more like FTL than these weird spaceship battles.

It's hard to believe they can Greenlight 50 games or so a month, and so few of them are games that have been bundled before.  Especially when they allow them to be bundled solely, one would assume, to try to get on Steam.

Also IP rights violation or not if Valve indeed to take all that money and neither gave any to the developers nor refunded customers that seems rather shady to me. I'm sure they have some CYA clause built in somewhere that if you violate their terms you don't get any money and they can keep it all or some such, but still.
I rather suspect any monies involved are held up as Valve is certainly liable if Blizzard makes a legal issue over this.

Cinders is greenlit. Awesome.
I was really happy to see that. Funny thing is, I and several others tried to convince the developer to put it on Greenlight but he had been refusing citing having been turned down by Valve pre-Greenlight days. I don't know what changed his mind but I'm glad he did. It shot up really fast in the Greenlight voting.

Gives me some hope that games that aren't yet another zombie game or Minecraft or Terraria or Limbo clone can get noticed. Then again these days so much is getting in. I guess it's hard to use Greenlight as an indicator of quality.

Still, I'm glad they got in sooner rather than later.

And that I already have it cheap from a bundle with the promise of Steam keys, of course. :p

I got Millennium A New Hope in both IG January and Groupees BAGL, #3 in IR Debut 8 and #4 in IR Debut 10.

Not sure if 2 and/or 5 have been bundled.

I passed on the GamesRage bundle because.. Cinders was DRM-free, not on desura, and the dev said it wouldn't be put up on Greenlight. I'll just buy it when it's 75% off or gets rebundled.

I think the dev really underestimated how many people wanted this game on Steam. Sure, it's for a niche genre.. but pretty much everyone that likes games from that genre would want it.

I got Millennium A New Hope in both IG January and Groupees BAGL, #3 in IR Debut 8 and #4 in IR Debut 10.

Not sure if 2 and/or 5 have been bundled.
2 must have been in some bundle because I have it on Desura. I don't think 5 is out yet, at least not on Desura? I thought he said he would give Steam keys in pieces like Cognition but I'd have to double check that.

I passed on the GamesRage bundle because.. Cinders was DRM-free, not on desura, and the dev said it wouldn't be put up on Greenlight. I'll just buy it when it's 75% off or gets rebundled.
Cinders was one of those rare games I wanted enough to actually just deal with yucky DRM free because I knew I would play it right away and I did. I'll definitely give it another go and make some different choices though once it gets on Steam.

99 Levels to Hell just popped up on Steam.

I bought it at IndieGameStand to get a GOG key; we should be getting a Steam key eventually. I think it was also featured on an Indie Royale a long while ago.

2 must have been in some bundle because I have it on Desura. I don't think 5 is out yet, at least not on Desura? I thought he said he would give Steam keys in pieces like Cognition but I'd have to double check that.
Yep. Groupees BAB5. I guess I skipped that one.

99 Levels to Hell just popped up on Steam.

I bought it at IndieGameStand to get a GOG key; we should be getting a Steam key eventually. I think it was also featured on an Indie Royale a long while ago.
There's apparently GMG/Playfire rewards for playing it and Hexcel for the first time.

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/02/wednesdays-rewards-19022014.html

It's only 10 cents but free is free. Ends the 25th though so let's hope they don't drag their feet or get stupid about the keys.

*Edited to add: 99 Levels to Hell devs "have some problems with users who bought the game through a bundle" and are "looking into it". *sigh*

Wizorb has a nifty retro style, but the 100% is a bitch.

The 99 Levels to Hell dev is experiencing dat Desura Steam key confusion. Looks like you can either be patient and wait for it to get sorted, or bombard this thread with the usual key-whining and iterations of the same question repeated ad nauseam. I'm going with the former.

99LTH Desura keys were available in Groupees Build a Bundle 3, Bundlestars Bloodbath, and on IndieGameStand.

Anyone had a case where a game purchased as a gift didn't show up in inventory? The money was removed from my steam wallet, I got a confirmation email, but nothing in inventory. It's always worked before.
If you haven't already resolved this sometimes instigating a trade with someone will cause it to show up. Don't know why this happens or why it works, but it does and it does.

Wizorb has a nifty retro style, but the 100% is a bitch.

The 99 Levels to Hell dev is experiencing dat Desura Steam key confusion. Looks like you can either be patient and wait for it to get sorted, or bombard this thread with the usual key-whining and iterations of the same question repeated ad nauseam. I'm going with the former.

99LTH Desura keys were available in Groupees Build a Bundle 3, Bundlestars Bloodbath, and on IndieGameStand.
You know, this is not a new thing, key distribution for bundles. And it's not like they get Greenlit and their game is on Steam the next day. They have plenty of time to "look into it" before launch and in fact quite a number of developers have managed to get keys out smoothly on launch day or even prior to launch.

If someone wants to consider it whining then whatever but I feel like these developers have plenty of time to "look into it" prior to launch day or work with their contacts if they wait until launch day and just get it sorted.

It just seems like certain people have some real issues with this process and others don't at all and I don't see a good reason for it.

You know, this is not a new thing, key distribution for bundles. And it's not like they get Greenlit and their game is on Steam the next day. They have plenty of time to "look into it" before launch and in fact quite a number of developers have managed to get keys out smoothly on launch day or even prior to launch.

If someone wants to consider it whining then whatever but I feel like these developers have plenty of time to "look into it" prior to launch day or work with their contacts if they wait until launch day and just get it sorted.

It just seems like certain people have some really issues with this process and others don't at all and I don't see a good reason for it.
I know there've been plenty of instances of unproblematic key distribution, but given how this kind of situation is only likely to occur once or twice in a dev's career, I don't find it worth the time or effort to complain. Also, backlog.

sweeeeet in for a buck for marlow briggs.
I already have Marlow and it is indeed cheesy fun, but I'm struggling to find the desire to pay $1 for the other two which have absolutely horrid review scores pretty much everywhere.

I wish it was true PWYW so I could pay a penny. :p

ETA: Takedown has cards so I guess there's that. Bleh.

I already have Marlow and it is indeed cheesy fun, but I'm struggling to find the desire to pay $1 for the other two which have absolutely horrid review scores pretty much everywhere.

I wish it was true PWYW so I could pay a penny. :p

ETA: Takedown has cards so I guess there's that. Bleh.
That's the first thing I tried to do.. pay a penny. Should've been renamed the Marlow and Bros bundle. Takedown is terrible and I expect Rekoil is too.

PWYWALAYWTPAD

(Pay What You Want As Long As You Wanted To Pay A Dollar)

Activated Shakedown: Dead AI Sabre , got my gift copy...cannot trade because I'm not in good standing?!?....WTF?   Look through purchases, have one made older than 30 days ago....cannot comprehend....WHY GABE WHY?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back